๐“๐Ž ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‹๐„๐…๐“ ๐Ž๐… ๐„๏ฟฝ...

By huawyn

โ WOULD YOU HAVE FOLLOWED ME TO THE LEFT OF ELYSIAN? โž As heiress to Teyvat's greatest trading company, you... More

TO THE LEFT OF ELYSIAN
PROLOGUE . ็ตๅฉšใฎ็ด„ๆŸ
CHAPTER ONE . ใ‚จใƒณใ‚ฒใƒผใ‚ธใƒกใƒณใƒˆใฎใƒซใƒผใƒซ
CHAPTER TWO . ๆฉ่ตฆใฎใชใ„ๆ„›
CHAPTER THREE . ๅตใฎๅ‰ใฎ้™ใ‘ใ•
CHAPTER FIVE . ่ฉฆ็ทดใจ่‹ฆ้›ฃ
CHAPTER SIX . ๅฎถใจๅ‘ผใฐใ‚Œใ‚‹ๅ ดๆ‰€
CHAPTER SEVEN . ใ‚ฏใƒฉใ‚ฆใƒณใ‚’้ซ˜ใ็€็”จใ™ใ‚‹
CHAPTER EIGHT . ใ‚คใƒณใƒšใƒชใ‚ฆใƒ 
CHAPTER NINE . ใƒ—ใƒฉใ‚คใƒ‰ใฎไพกๆ ผ
CHAPTER TEN . ๆญปใฎใƒ€ใƒซใ‚ฑใƒƒใƒˆ
CHAPTER ELEVEN . ใ‚ใชใŸใฎใŸใ‚ใซ็‡ƒใˆใ‚‹
CHAPTER TWELVE . ๆฎบไบบ็š„ใช็ญ–็•ฅ
CHAPTER THIRTEEN . ่งฃๆฑบใธใฎๅธŒๆœ›
CHAPTER FOURTEEN . ๅฅฝใใฃใฆใ„ใ„ใชใ‚ˆ
CHAPTER FIFTEEN . ่จฑใ—ใฏ็”˜ใ„
CHAPTER SIXTEEN . ใ‚ใชใŸใฎไธๅœจใง
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN . ๆˆฆไบ‰่ณ ๅ„Ÿ
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN . ๆ˜Ÿใฎไธ‹ใง่ช“ใ†
100k special - q&a + fanart
CHAPTER NINETEEN . ๅคใฎๅ…‰
CHAPTER TWENTY . ็–‘ๅฟƒๆš—้ฌผ
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE . ่Šฑใฎ้ ŒๆญŒ
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO . ๆ‡ใ‹ใ—
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE . ไบŒๅ…ƒๆ€ง
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR . ่ชžใ‚‰ใ‚Œใชใ„็‰ฉ่ชž
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE . ่ฆ†ๆฐด็›†ใซๅธฐใ‚‰ใš
CHAPTER TWENTY SIX . ่ก€ใง่ก€ใ‚’ๆด—ใ†

CHAPTER FOUR . ๆœ€้ซ˜ใฎๅ‹ๅˆฉใ‹ใ‚‚ใ—ใ‚Œใพใ›ใ‚“

11.9K 593 1.5K
By huawyn

❝ 最高の勝利かもしれません ❞
may the best be victorious

YOUR ADOPTIVE FATHER was not a kind man. Though he raised you up from poverty and homelessness, he was certainly not affectionate by any means. Like you, he was stubborn and egoistic. His watchful eye never wandered too far from you; always overseeing everything to make sure you were trained to become the suitable heiress he never had. Ironically, he was neglectful towards you. He never shared any tender moments of bonding as his duties as the Company's Director did not necessitate raising the heirs themselves. You were handed from governess to governess— each too fed up with your own pridefulness, coincidentally the one of the few traits you 'inherited' from your adoptive father.

You were ten when you were adopted by him. Out of all the sickly and dirt poor children in that disgusting orphanage, you stood out amongst the rest. You were resilient, headstrong, and proud in spite of your own upbringing and he saw potential in that. From there, you underwent training— Physical, educational, and social training. You were educated by the wisest, most qualified professors of all of Teyvat and when you disobeyed or did something wrong, a punishment would be dealt— that was your physical training.

Whips and scorns were quite common during your youth. Each praise you received was quickly diminished by scorns and disdain. Whips were occasionally used to strike crimson upon your backside. Scars of which still remain till this day. Of course, your adoptive father was well aware of what was happening to you. He had given the order out himself to do what is necessary to train you and you were helpless in your case against it. Authoritative and draconian are the words you would use to describe your adoptive fathers and his regime that held precedent for 'your' sake. It was not love nor affection. You've never gotten a shred of love from him in your life. Perhaps this was why you never fully comprehended the concept of love due to the violence of your youth.

And here you are, presently standing in your fiancé's study where you've been told the news of your draconian father's passing. Your head maid in a flurry of emotions whilst you stood there in apathy. If the man who had stripped away your childhood, took you and raised you from the depths of hell, and tormented you until the age of eighteen has just been killed— how were you supposed to feel?

"Y-Your father... Young Master... Your f-father has been killed."

In the silence that followed, a strong sense of realization washed over you. You felt a lump begin to form in the back of your throat, swallowing it down before you answered Wenling.

"What?" Your words sound a bit more forced than intended.

"H-He was killed... attacked! B-By bandits, thieves, assassins— we don't know! W-With the passing of the Director... Young Master, you... You are the new Director per your father's will." Wenling breathed, tears springing forth from her eyes.

"Me... Director...? Isn't this too soon?!" You were compelled to yell though it wouldn't do you any good. As heiress, you were supposed to be ready to take over at any moment but of all times, this was the absolute worst timing. Theoretically, you were ready to take over however this was certainly not the time. At the age of twenty; you were still building credit and merit as a young heiress but that idealism was shattered at the announcement.

"The Liyue Qixing has officially recognized you as the new head but if you do not return in the next three days, the seat will remain empty... Any one of your father's men could take it! We cannot let traditions fall to them!"

You knew that, you knew it better than anyone. Yet the whirlwind was too strong, too fast. This was too fast. You had yet to officiate the marriage, your adoptive father had passed without explanation— a possible assassination attempt gone successful and now this person may be after your head or worse, working with the posse of malicious men your adoptive father had once called 'friend'.

"The Fatui will oversee the investigation of Lord (l/n)'s passing on Snezhnaya grounds. As for the Liyue Qixing, I'll be accompanying (y/n) to Liyue Harbor." Scaramouche stepped forth, instructing Wenling. You spun around, meeting his gaze. "What?"

"I said I'll be accompanying you. Do you have any objections?" Scaramouche scowled, folding his arms across his chest.

"No, I... There's no need to involve yourself— "

"You're my future spouse and by default, the company's business is also my own business. Don't make this more difficult than it has to be." He hissed at you, shutting down any sort of argument.

"You're insufferable." You grumbled under your breath before turning to Wenling who had composed herself to a more modest stance. "Have my stuff ready to go in five. We're leaving now."

"Waypoints may be best for travel if we want to arrive swiftly." Scaramouche pointed out, smirking in delight. You knew exactly what contention he was going to bring up. "But it would seem you don't have one."

"How wonderful of you to notice. I suppose I should bring you along then." You retorted venomously, words dripping with poison. "Wenling, hurry along and prepare my bags. The Liyue Qixing is expecting."

LIYUE HARBOR HASN'T changed a bit since you left two years ago. In that time, you had traversed Teyvat from nation to nation to build merit and greet the many noble aristocrats that once stood atop. By the end of your journey, you chose to remain in Fontaine in spite of what your adoptive father had wanted. Though the company had headquarters all throughout Teyvat, Liyue Harbor remained its main place of residence.

A blend of silk and satin hugged your skin as you materialized with your fiancé beside you, his fingers laced with yours. Wenling and one Fatui soldier materialized behind you. Sweltering heat caused the fabric to stick to your skin; another reason why you disliked Liyue so much. Scaramouche, on the other hand, was in his normal raiment though he was without his hat that garnered way too much attention in the rush to Liyue.

The waypoint is positioned right before the gate, at the tail end of Feiyun Slope. You lead them to the Liyue Qixing building in which many citizens batted an eye in shock and awe at the sight of you and your fiancé. Their murmurs swirled around you as the four of you made your way to the Qixing.

"Is that... the (l/n) heiress?"

"Am I seeing this right? Master (y/n) and the Sixth of the Fatui Harbinger?"

"What is the Sixth doing here?"

"Has the (l/n) name fallen this much since the death?"

"Shh! Don't talk about that! The heiress may hear you!"

Just as you had remembered, the people of Liyue were judgmental as always. Pointless and indifferent commentary were made about your companions of choice though it mattered little to you as death occupied the forefront of your mind. Your adoptive father held a seat in the Qixing as one of the most influential merchants in Liyue. He governed trade and international affairs in the seven seats of the Qixing as the (l/n) Company has grown exponentially in the field of trading and international trading— making it the number one trading company in all of Teyvat. That seat in the Qixing that had once belonged to him, technically belonged to you as part of your inheritance.

"We're here." You announced, standing before Yuehai Pavilion. The faces of the Millelith soldiers who stood guard twisted into fear, confusion, and inquietude upon meeting your gaze.

"Open the gates." You commanded. They gulped nervously before hastily opening the gates for you. "M-Master (l/n)... Who is this man—"

"My fiancé." You snapped, walking past the guards. Scaramouche, Wenling, and the Fatui soldier followed you inside without another word. It was almost astonishing to bear witness to. You commanded sovereignty and reigned authority upon this land. Liyue was your domain after all. The sudden tonal shift in your timbre differed so significantly from when you were in Snezhnaya and Liyue was truly a spectacle to see.

Inside, the smell of bamboo and silk flowers wafted through the air of the foyer. Wooden arches were carved into the ceiling. Golden lanterns illuminated the Pavilion; hues of orange, yellow, and white in contrast to the burnt sienna, beige, and black wall paints. A series of open weaved wooden shelves trailed up beside the stairs. Florals and foliage were weaved all over the shelves; pink, blue, and yellow petals interwoven with the vines of greenery and verdure. Yuehai Pavilion represented the Liyue Qixing, the seven merchants who held orders in Liyue Harbor. It was prestigious, pristine, and pulchritudinous.

"(y/n)?"

Your narrowed eyes flickered to the origins of the voice. Soft tufts of unruly azure hair tied into a loose ponytail. Gentle lilac hues met yours; the familiar sweet smile tugged on the lips of a certain secretary.

"Ganyu!" You dropped the solemnity upon seeing the half-Qilin secretary. She embraced you warmly with a smile on her face; her attention quickly drew to the entourage behind you. A gasp eluded her upon seeing Scaramouche.

"(y/n), I heard about your engagement... I didn't know your fiancé is... him." Ganyu said in a hushed whisper, cupping her hand to her mouth so that only you can hear. A lighthearted chuckle escaped your lips but you quickly regain your composure. "Ganyu, could you show Wenling and the Fatui gentlemen to a room while my fiancé and I attend this meeting?"

"Yes, of course! Oh! You have my condolences... I heard your father has passed away..." You bit your bottom lip out of habit but thanked her for her kindness before she led Wenling and the Fatui agent away, leaving you with Scaramouche alone.

"Liyue reeks of traditionalism." He commented, scanning the surroundings briefly. Oddly enough, something you finally agreed with though it was clearly not the time to make such remarks, especially now.

"We can comment on Liyue politics later. Let's go. We're already late to the meeting." You muttered, walking up the stairs of the foyer to which Scaramouche followed.

Twists and turns eventually led to a grand room at the end of the right hall; there a long table stood in the center with seven seats all around. Only four of the seven seats were occupied— by Ningguang, Keqing, Uncle Tian, and someone all too familiar to you.

"Ah, it would seem the heiress of Kaiyang's seat is here."

Your eyes flickered to the originator of the voice. His unruly onyx hair matched his dark-colored orbs; his sable bangs that were swept unruly over his forehead. His dress of choice was fashionable, the newest in Teyvat— how very like him. He spoke in a singsong candor and didn't possess the same elegance as Keqing nor Ningguang exuded.

"It's been a while, (y/n)." He greeted you, smiling though his smile fell once you've greeted him in return, eyes staring in scrutiny at your fiancé who sat stood beside you.

"Hello Yi-Eun." You muttered quietly, paying little attention to the dark-haired male. You nodded to the other folks in the room as a greeting.

"We've all heard the news of old Kaiyang's death; we are deeply mournful. You have our condolences." Uncle Tian nodded to you, bowing his head in respect.

"Thank you... I appreciate it." You muttered, taking a seat beside Yi-Eun. Scaramouche took a seat beside you, uncaring of the fact that the seats were meant for the Qixing.

A chill of uneasiness nipped at the back of your mind thus you scooted a bit to the side of which your fiancé sat.

"Goodness, look at you... The Director, hm?" Yi-Eun whispered, leaning over to you as his hand began to trailed up to your left thigh. You froze, your own hand reaching to halt his advancement. Scaramouche was quick to notice, immediately snaking an arm around your waist to pull you close to him, practically forcing you to sit upon his lap. Yi-Eun immediately stopped, withdrawing his hand. You were tempted to scowl at Yi-Eun for his unwanted advances but Ningguang began to say that you held your tongue from insults or profanities.

"Though the other two could not arrive today, we have many things to discuss. Such as the passing of dear (l/n)'s death, (y/n)'s engagement and new position as head of the (l/n) Trading Company, and of course, Yi-Eun's promotion to Yanguang." Ningguang addressed professionally, eyes flickering to you and then to Scaramouche, noting his very provoked expression. "Envoy of Snezhnaya, do you have anything to say?"

"I do, as a matter of fact." A scowl appeared on his face as Scaramouche turned to meet the gaze of Yi-Eun beside you, his arm still wrapped tightly around you. "I would like it if the Yanguang didn't touch what belongs to me."

"What belongs to you? My good sir, I do believe you're mistaken. You two have yet to marry thus I believe (y/n) here is available." Yi-Eun hissed, glaring at Scaramouche before Uncle Tian spoke up, interjecting the bicker. "That is enough. Yi-Eun conduct yourself in a proper manner. Do not embarrass the Qixing with your poor behavior."

"Tch. Liyue is going through change, old man. This entire nation is changing and the old, traditionalistic folks like you are going to get replaced." Yi-Eun hissed, shooting up from his seat in anger before storming out of the room.

"Please don't mind him. As you know, Young Master, Yi-Eun was named the rightful owner of his family's company a month ago... His father is too old to properly run anything so Yi-Eun is waiting for him to pass away to take over his seat." Uncle Tian muttered, shaking his head in disapproval before turning to you. "I do apologize on behalf of his appalling behavior."

"Shall we get back on topic?" Ningguang suggested, laying out several documents atop the table for all to see. You took a glance at them, noticing your adoptive father's name on the top of each.

"Your father had left his entire inheritance to you. Including this seat in which you sit." Ningguang averted her eyes to the papers scattered onto the table. "Your father was an honest man who served the Qixing for many years. I hope you can continue the legacy in which he has built for you. Also, I wanted to congratulate you on your engagement..."

Perhaps it was your fiancé's presence that was most unnerving of all; the Fatui's reputation has always preceded them as manipulative, coldhearted, and ambitious people who caused catastrophe to occur wherever they went. Scaramouche himself, was widely disliked even amongst the Fatui. With that all said, it was quite apparent how uncomfortable they seemed with your fiancé in the room. It was quite evident by the cautious tone they utilized.

"Thank you... although our engagement hasn't been made public yet, I'm sure there has been plenty of rumors swirling around." You replied, sliding away from Scaramouche's touch and back to the seat beside him. "But it would seem that the Qixing has already announced my adoptive father's death."

"It was a shock for the public to hear... Some believe it to be foul play as he had been killed on Snezhnaya grounds." Keqing's eyes turned to the Sixth, eyeing him carefully. "I'm sure the Fatui are already working on the case, yes?"

"Of course. We take pride in our work so rest assured that we will deliver any and all information." Scaramouche said nonchalantly, folding his arms across his chest.

"We wanted to discuss a joint investigation. Would it be possible to send some of our men from the Minister of Investigation over?" Keqing raised an eyebrow at the navy-haired Harbinger that sat across from her.

"That, I do not have the authority to say. You may have to consult with the Tsaritsa herself."

"Oh? Does your authority not cover the commandment of foreigners upon Her Majesty's land?"

Scaramouche chuckled darkly. "Do not test me, Yuheng."

"Scaramouche..." You hissed his name, garnering his attention. He rolled his eyes at you and ceased his bickering with Keqing.

"Back to the topic at hand... We will be releasing a statement regarding your father's position as Kaiyang becoming yours and a separate statement to the whole of Teyvat of your engagement." Ningguang scanned the papers before hooking her right thumb beneath her chin and propped her right arm up with her left. "Do you have anything to add?"

You paused for a moment before bitterly shaking your head. Suddenly, it feels as if a thousand responsibilities have been placed upon your shoulders; marriage, being the head of the company, taking over your father's position in the Qixing, and all of the public criticism you're bound to receive for all the controversies. You are young, you knew that. Many would argue that you're too young, too inexperienced to take over anything let alone the greatest trading company in Teyvat.

"This concludes today's meeting. I'll inform Tianxuan and Tianji of what we went over." Ningguang nodded to one of her servants to collect the loose sheets of paper atop the table.

The meeting had concluded without much hassle. You felt a migraine nag at the back of your head as you and Scaramouche walked back to the foyer where Wenling and the Fatui agent were observing the foliage (though the agent looked rather bored of the whole ordeal). Wenling immediately noticed you and rushed to your side, holding your hands tightly as a jovial smile graced her features upon seeing you.

"Young Master! How was the meeting?" She asked, inquiring about the topics discussed in her absence in earnest.

"Fine... aside from that one incident, everything was fine." You muttered quietly, feeling your head begin to throb a bit from the building migraine.

"Are you not feeling well, Young Master?" Wenling immediately noticed your tense expression.

"Just a headache..." You muttered quietly, watching as the agent whispered something into your fiancé's ear before walking out entirely. Your gaze turned to your husband, frowning at him. "What was that all about?"

"It's nothing. You ought to get some rest if you aren't feeling well." Scaramouche replied back, placing his hands onto his hips.

"Why are you always hiding things from me? You're always prying into my business, why can't I be a part of yours?" You started to raise your voice at him. It was likely drawn stress that probed you to feel rather irritated towards him but it had stirred something in you.

"Because my business is far more dangerous than yours. It's for your own good." Scaramouche said bitterly, eyes narrowing at you in similar irritation.

"I am capable of handling things myself! Is it really that difficult to not treat me like some petty child?" You growled at him. Wenling held you back, holding you by your side and urging you to stop.

"Then who the hell was that man from earlier? Why was he so familiar with you?" Scaramouche hollered, his voice echoing through the foyer. You froze, feeling unnerved by his sudden question. Your eyes fell to the ground, unwilling to meet his cold look at your next words.

"He's a childhood acquaintance of mine, my adoptive father's first choice of marriage for me... before you." You muttered quietly.

Scaramouche pinched the bridge of his nose in chagrin before letting out a sigh of exasperation. "Your adoptive father's first choice, huh? And how do you feel about him?"

"You saw me! I'm not comfortable around him at all! I am engaged! Do not take me for some unfaithful spouse!" You scolded, shaking your head at him. "Are you doubtful of my loyalty?!"

"You are the most sought after bachelor in all of Teyvat— of course I'm doubtful! Everyone wants you!" He hissed in response before his eyes caught something lurking on the far right of the foyer, where the golden light didn't touch. Immediately, he extended his arm before you in a protective manner.

"Stay by my side." Scaramouche instructed, taking a step towards you to which you immediately stepped back. He scowled, glaring daggers at you. "I said stay by my side! Are you deaf?!"

Shadows continued to dance.

"Why?! What else are you hiding from me? Why won't you tell me?!" You bellowed, feeling Wenling shift closer to you in weariness of the tension and whatever third-party has infiltrated the Yuehai Pavilion.

"I'm trying to protect you. Now come here, slowly." Scaramouche lowered his voice, head
turning to the side in which the shadowy figure begins to inch closer.

"How can I trust you...?!" Your breathing became more and more erratic, feeling your heart pound against your ribcage as the headache began to intensify. Threads of rationality began to pull apart, your own judgement began to fade as your vision blurred and sounds echoed in your ears like they would in a cathedral.

"Because I would never hurt you." Scaramouche turned his attention back to you, holding his hand out as he inched closer.

Choice. Decisions. Judgement. All of these contentions begin to tear you apart but your instincts told you that danger was imminent and near, very near. Something was amiss in that darkness that you couldn't quite pinpoint but it was a red herring to something greater to come; catastrophe that has yet to appear until—

"Get down!"

Barrages of flaming arrows were fired before an electrifying ripple tore through air and struck them down. Sparks of galvanism tickled your skin as you watched the figure from the darkness step into the light— their face hooded and their hands held a bow; another set of burning arrows nocked and ready to be fired. Scaramouche stood before you, holding his right hand up, flickers of voltage sparking from his fingertips. His eyes are full of fury and acrimony. He snarled at them, glaring at the assailant.

"Just who the hell do you think you are?"

END OF CHAPTER FOUR

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232K 7.4K 29
โœฉโข scara x f. reader โœฆ genshin modern au fanfic โง you move to your online friends school. whil...
1.2K 133 20
When the young girl from a wealthy Inazuman clan's branch in Liyue gets her vision, things do not go according to plan. A series of events end up lea...
99.5K 3.3K 10
Truth be told, Scaramouche had watched the entire thing happen from inside the bank. Originally, he was just going to watch for his amusement, but he...
590K 19K 34
โ€น๐Ÿน โ”โ” โ ๐—œ'๐—  ๐—•๐—ข๐—ฅ๐—˜๐——. ๐——๐—ข ๐—ฌ๐—ข๐—จ ๐—ช๐—ก ๐— ๐—˜๐—˜๐—ง ๐—จ๐—ฃ? โž 003. ๏น’ ๐’๐“๐‘๐ˆ๐๐“๐„๐€๐’๐„๏น— โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก you're dating a popular streamer for...