What is Love?(Newt x reader)

By Jules694

[discontinued] YN wakes up in a box with a boy with blonde hair and brown eyes. They dislike each other at f... More

Chapter 1: Welcome to the glade
Chapter 2: One month later
Chapter 3: Nightmares
Chapter 4: Ugh life
chapter 5: What's wrong with Newt?
Chapter 6: Why did you do it?
Chapter 7: Helping him
Chapter 8: Some of us have to go.
Chapter 9: George
Chapter 10: Stung
Chapter 11: Meeting
Chapter 12: What's your problem!?
Chapter 13:Not him, please
Chapter 14: 6 months later
Chapter 15:Love
Chapter 16:Another one?
Chapter 17:Stupid.
Chapter 18: Time flies.
Chapter 19:All my friends are dead
Chapter 20: Stuck
Chapter 21:This Shank
Chapter 22:Teresa
Chapter 23: The cliff
Chapter 24: The Code
Chapter 25: The way out
Chapter 26: Who are they?
Chapter 27:Tattoos
Chapter 28: WICKED
Chapter 29: Phase Two
Chapter 30: He Killed Them
Chapter 31:Cranks
Chapter 32:Passed Him The Gun
Chapter 34: The girl...
Chapter 35:Flying out of a building
Chapter 36:Marcus
Chapter 37: It's a car?
Chapter 38: The plan
Chapter 39: Mountain people
Chapter 40: Teresa
Chapter 41:Ratman
Chapter 42: Plan A
A/N
A/N

Chapter 33: Lightning

620 10 8
By Jules694

YN POV

And we carried on walking, we were all upset about Jack but we had to keep going. It was starting to get dark now, we have been walking for about 4 hours since Jacks death.

I heard Emmy dramatically sigh from my right (she was walking in between Newt and I).

"What's wrong, princess?" Newt asked looking down at the girl.

She dramatically sighed again, "I'm tired..." She said.

"Come on then." Newt smiled and picked her up, resting her on his hip.

"Thank you, daddy!" She exclaimed and hugged him.

"Your welcome, princess." Newt replied kissing her forehead.

"Here." I said putting a blanket around her.

"Thank you, mummy." She said and then yawned.

"Now go to sleep, hun." I said.

"Okay, mummy." And with that the little girl closed her eyes.

We walked for about an hour longer when Minho stopped us.

"Lets get some rest, shanks." He said pointing at some ruins.

We all walked up to where Minho pointed and put our stuff down. Emmy was asleep, laying on Newt, whilst Newt's arm was around my shoulder, my head resting on his chest. Minho and Anna started a fire and we all sat down looking into the bright orange flames.

"This is giving me Déjà vu from the glade." Minho sighed.

"I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss the glade." Frypan said, I could see tears falling down his face.

"I know, we always complained about how bad it was, but honestly, it was so much better there, we were free." Newt said. I looked up at him and kissed his cheek.

"Do you remember when we used to play truth or dare, every single bonfire?" I asked with a smile.

"Oh my god Yes!" Minho said excitement laced in his voice. "If I recall correctly, that was the first time Newt flirted with YN."

"Well, what did he say?" Anna asked.

"Oh god." Newt muttered under his breath.

"Oh this is gonna be good." Minho smirked and cleared his throat. "I'm Newt, and Frypan, you're YN"

"Okay." Frypan laughed.

"YN, you are like the 20 letters of the alphabet." Minho started.

"There's 26 letters in the alphabet, you twat." Frypan re-enacted.

"Oh how could I forget, U, R, A, Q, T."

"That's 25, you forgot one."

"Silly me, silly me, you can get that D later." Minho finished, everyone but Newt and I burst out laughing. "So tell us YN, did you get that D later?" Minho asked still laughing.

"I guess we'll never know." I replied with a smirk.

"Come on YN, you can't leave us at a cliff hanger." Thomas whined.

"I just did." I replied making Newt start laughing loudly.

"Wait was that when they still didn't like each other?" Anna asked.

"Yep, their two month glade anniversary." Minho replied.

"Aww, you had an enemies to lovers." Anna said.

"OH MY GOD THEY DID!" Minho suddenly yelled once realisation hit him. This sudden outburst made Emmy wake up with a groan.

"What's going on?" She asked in a half asleep state.

"Aww honey, sorry, we didn't mean to wake you." I said gently stroking her hair.

"It's okay," she replied sweetly. "Why were you shouting?" She asked.

"Minho, just got a bit over exited." Newt replied. "We were just telling stories from our time in the glade."

"Can you tell me a story?" She asked, doing puppy eyes up at Newt and me.

"Course honey." I replied.

"What kind of story do you want, princess?" Newt asked.

"Tell me about you and mummy again." She replied. "Tell me how you asked her to marry you." She added.

"Okay, it was a greenie day, meaning another bonfire. We were all sitting around and doing the usual, playing Truth or Dare. We were just playing around when a boy came up to us, his name was Gally, he used to be one of our friends, before something happened to him in the maze and he became rude and short tempered." Newt started, gently stroking Emmy's hair to help her fall asleep. "He started saying mean things about me, and mummy got mad, so she walked up to Gally and threatened him. I had to drag her away to make sure she didn't do anything to him. I took her to the deadheads, that's what we called our forest, and we walked around for a while. Your mummy suddenly started running away, that's when I noticed where she was going, she found a pond. So we both jumped in, we swam for a while when I decided I was going to do it. So we both stopped what we were doing and stood facing each other. And that's when I asked her, I was actually planning to propose to her the next day, but something made me change my mind. And to my surprise she said yes. We then left and told everyone. And we got married the next day." He finished. And Emmy was laying on top of Newt, fast asleep.

"I think we should call it a night and get some rest." Minho said after a while of sitting in silence.

We all moved around so we were laid down comfortably, Emmy was hugged to Newt's left side whilst I was hugged into his right, my head on his chest.

"Goodnight, I love you." Newt whispered into my ear.

"Goodnight, I love you too." I whispered back.

~~~~~TIME SKIP (1 DAY)~~~~~

"GUYS WAKE UP!" I heard someone shout, waking me up from my peaceful sleep. I opened my eyes and saw Thomas shaking me. "WAKE UP!" He yelled again.

I jumped onto my feet and started shaking Newt and Emmy. "Newt, Emmy wake up!" I shouted noticing the storm heading our way.

We were laying in the middle of the desert.

Newt woke up with a jump and Emmy soon after him. We were all now on our feet.

"LOOK!" Thomas yelled pointing in front of him. I turned around and noticed lights.

"People." Newt said. There was a loud bang behind us, the storm was getting closer.

"RUN!" Minho yelled.

We all picked up our things and started sprinting towards the lights.

A sudden burst of light made me scream, lighting was shooting at the ground beside us but we had to keep running.

We ran and ran and ran, the lights seemed to be getting further. The lightning kept hitting the floor beside me.

We were so close to the door now, only about 20 meters left. When out of nowhere lightning hit the spot beside me making me fly up in the air and hit the ground.

My ears were ringing, I couldn't hear anything, it felt as if I was in a dream. A face appeared in front of me. Newt.

He helped me off the ground, he was talking to me but I could only hear muffled noises. "EMMY KEEP RUNNING!" I heard him yell, my hearing finally coming back.

That's when I noticed Frypan and Thomas carrying an unconscious Minho.

Newt and I were the last people to get through the doors, Newt slammed it shut and we all let out a sigh of relief.

"Mummy, daddy!" Emmy cried and ran up to us.

"Are you okay, princess? Are you hurt?" Newt asked her crouching down in front of her, I crouched down next to him.

"I'm okay." She replied sniffling.

"Aww, honey, it's okay, we're safe now." I said bringing her into a hug, I felt Newt wrap his arms around the both of us.

He kissed mine and Emmy's cheeks, "don't cry princess. Princesses don't cry." He said. 

"Minho, what happened to Minho?" Anna asked frantically from somewhere in the room, it was completely dark so I couldn't see anything. Newt and I got up from the ground and I picked Emmy up. 

Someone pulled out a flashlight and pointed it at Minho's unconscious body. We all made a circle around him. "Minho, come on." I muttered.

"Please Minho." Anna said, tears pouring out of her eyes.

It was deadly silent in the room, no one dared to speak. When we were all on a verge of loosing hope a sudden gasp left Minho's mouth.

He opened his eyes and looked around.

"Minho!" Anna cheered. She suddenly turned serious, "You scared me half to death you Slinthead."

"W-what happened?" Minho asked.

"You got hit by lightning." Thomas replied.

"Cool." Was all Minho said. Two of the boys helped Minho onto his feet, I gave Emmy to Newt and Anna and I walked forwards into the darkness.

Anna was about to say something when a face appeared in the dark, a person, well, a crank, jumped out opening and closing its mouth as if it wanted to bite us.

Newt quickly pulled me behind him and pointed his flashlight forward. The crank was chained up. The sudden light caused shrieks to explode in the room, multiple chained up cranks jumped up and started trying to move towards us.

Before anyone could react a sound of a door opening came from the other side of the room, letting yellow light into the darkness.

A silhouette of a girl appeared in the doorway. "I see you've met our guard dogs."

-
AN: I just published the first chapter of my new Newt x reader book. I'd be grateful if you checked it out x
-Julia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 79 16
"𝕐𝕠𝕦 𝕘𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕞𝕖 𝕙𝕠𝕡𝕖, ℂ𝕝𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕖," 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕠𝕪 𝕒𝕟𝕤𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕤, 𝕒 𝕤𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖 𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 𝕠𝕟 𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕝𝕚𝕡𝕤...
956 73 13
A teenage girl wakes up in the middle of a giant maze with no recollection of how she got there. She soon realizes that she is the only girl among a...
479 14 14
**COMPLETED** CHARACTERS OWNED BY JAMES DASHNER - though I have some original characters in the story that I made so that the plot could work! (Hope...
85K 1.5K 31
Skylar got sent up to the Glade the same way everyone else was sent up. In a moving box. There are three things different about her though, 1. She's...