REBIRTH OF THE VILLAINESS ¦ C...

By aesmethyst

HIGHEST RANK #8 IN PARANORMAL (CATEGORY) "You cannot deceive the deceiver." Ashanti could not figure out... More

Rebirth of the Villainess
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L

XXVII

950 50 9
By aesmethyst

Outing

"Welcome back, Young Miss."

Ashanti quickly went inside and wandered around her surroundings. Kakauwi lamang niya galing sa date nila ni Kalen at hindi pa rin siya makapaniwala sa nangyari.

As much as I want to not end this day, we don't have a choice but to go back to Arsace.

"Where's mom and father?"

"Hindi raw po sila uuwi ngayon dahil may kasunod pa silang pupuntahan sa kabilang syudad," one of the maids answered.

The words pulled her mood down. Kung kailang handa na siyang magsabi sa kaniyang magulang tungkol sa kanilang dalawa ni Kalen ay wala pa sila.

Kalen and Ashanti talked about the confession on the phone and while on their date a while ago. She asked him to stay put first before saying anything to his parents. She needed to know the reaction of her father first. Of course, if it was Mr. Vasquez, he would be honored to give his son to her, but not her father.

"May ipapabilin po ba kayo kay Sir Carshon? Pwede po namin siyang tawagan."

She shook her head. "Nothing. You can continue your work now."

She went upstairs and changed her clothes. Tomorrow would be the outing they planned before. Kanina pa tumatawag si Gabi sa kanila at tinatanong kung lahat sila ay sa iisang sasakyan o kaniya-kaniya na lamang ang punta sa resort nila Cayser.

[Maybe, ask them. I'll go with the majority,] Trishza replied.

[Kaya nga tinatanong ko kayo para alam ko 'yung mga sagot niyo. Oo o hindi lang naman!]

[Oo! Masaya 'yung we are together in one car, pretty please?] Kennedy answered.

['Wag na, magkakasama rin naman tayo sa resort! Tsaka ihahatid ko si Lana para naman 'di magtampo.]

[How about Asha? Anong say mo?]

She typed her response while walking to the dining area. [I'll go to the resort by my car. If Kenny wants to go with you then it's fine.]

[Bars, talo ka Kenny panget.]

[Hmph! Sige na basta I'll go with Gabi or Trishza.]

[Pupunta rin ako mag-isa no, ayokong hintayin si Kenny dahil gusto ko na agad mag swimming.]

When she got to the area, her brow arched as she saw Calista already on the table, ready to eat. Her step-sister immediately noticed her and smiled.

"Welcome back. How is he? He's kind, right?"

She sat on the side opposite to her. "Of course he is."

"I can't wait to get married. I feel like I won't have a hard time on our married days even though this is only by paper."

She glanced at her. Isa pa pala ito sa mga problema niya. Looked like she would not release him to her possession that easily, just like what she did before.

Ashanti could not help but to think the present time turned opposite to what happened to the past. Before, she was the legal, and Calista was the one who stole Kalen. Presently, it was Calista who was the legal, and she was the one who was stealing the man.

The difference is I'm taking it because of love, not for rank and inheritance.

"What do you want?"

Mabilis na nagtaas muli ng tingin sa kaniya ang kapatid na tila ba naguluhan pa sa kaniyang tinanong. "What do you want, Cali? I know you want something in exchange of the date I had with Kalen."

Calista let out a small laugh as she put down her utensils. Ashanti was still looking at her as she waited for the answer. Hindi na nagsinungaling pa ang babae nang ibuka nito ang bibig.

"I know you want my fiancé, so I'm trying to bribe him with the other."

Hindi na siya nagtanong pa. It was unmistakable she was pertaining to Giovanni.

What would be her answer? Obviously, it was fine for Ashanti. If Calista wanted her ex-fiancé then she would let her be. Na kay Giovanni na kung papatol ito sa babae. As long as she would have Kalen, she would agree.

Just like the food in the morning, it tasted bad and gross for her tongue. She immediately pushed it back and went to the kitchen. Calista eyed her and shrugged before continuing her food.

"Where's the cook?" Ashanti asked when she stepped into the area. The woman with a wide body turned to her and walked nearer.

"Magandang gabi, Young Miss. Ano pong problema?" the cook asked.

"Nananadya ka ba?"

The other people in the area stopped what they were doing and glanced at them. The cook was surprised by her action and confused at the same time.

"H-hindi ko po alam kung ano ang problema-"

She sighed, closed her eyes. She recognized the woman. She was already serving their family since she was young. She opened her eyes and looked at the other maids.

They were avoiding her eyes. She lifted the edge of her lips before deciding to go out. Magtatanong pa sana ito ngunit nauna na siyang nagsalita.

"Your meals nowadays are unpleasant not only to my eyes but also to my precious mouth. Why don't you take a scoop first before giving it to me next time?"

She knew it. Something was wrong since the day she first got confused by the homemade meals they were serving. She suspected they were making fun of her by giving her different ingredients on the food than the original.

Was this Calista's plan?

She went up again and called Maeann. She was browsing for a grub on a delivery app when the maid knocked on the door.

"Young Miss, may kailangan ka po?"

She first clicked the 'buy' button before looking up at her, grinning. "Yes. This is something like before."

Nang makapagusap na sila ni Maeann, si Kalen naman ang inatupag niya. They spent hours replying to each other until it was already her time to sleep.

[It's unfortunate for you to not go with us. Makakasama namin bukas si Liam.]

[He told me about it. I need to study for the examination. Sorry, Asha.]

[You don't have to be sorry. It's no big deal.]

But of course, it would be better if Kalen was with them.

[I'll make up with you next time. Good night, Asha.]

She closed her eyes before opening them again to type her reply. Once she clicked 'send', she turned off her phone and went to sleep.

Exactly three-thirty in the morning when her clock alarmed. Mabilis siyang bumagon upang makapag-ayos ng sarili. She put her swimsuits in her bag and other things she needed for a three-day outing. She set a light make-up and wore a loose see-through shirt with a tight sando underneath. A sunglass was put on her head.

Using shades at midnight? So what.

She opened her account and saw her friends already chatting nonstop on their group chat. Si Kennedy na nag picture pa, pruwebang hindi siya mahuhuli papunta sa resort. Si Gabi na pinapaalalahanan ang lahat. Si Trishza na naghahanda pumunta sa mansyon nila Kennedy. Si Cayser na hindi pa ata gising.

Maeann was already outside of her room, seemed to just wake up for her. Naka pajama pa ito at itinali lamang ang buhok upang hindi gulo-gulo. She ordered her to go inside and get her bag. Dalawang oras pa naman ang papunta sa resort nila Cayser.

When going downstairs, only a few maids spotted, some were talking to Calista. She creased her forehead. Bakit pa ito gising sa ganitong oras?

Is this her usual time to tell the maids how they'll sabotage me? Sorry for them, buking na sila.

She did not mind to greet her as always and made her way to the main door of the mansion. Calista, who was about to end her conversation with Pam, glanced at the door where Ashanti and Maeann exited.

Ashanti will go somewhere, this hour?

Ashanti used her Ford-650 and decided not to tell her driver about it. Yes, the vehicle she used was pretty basic but what could she do about it? Sa resort lamang ang punta niya, hindi sa isang hotel o kung saang kailangang gumamit pa ng Lamborghini.

She placed her phone in the front and called her friends while opening an map app to guide her. She could drive, but mostly it was her driver who was holding the steering wheel when she would go out, so she was not familiar with routes she should go.

[Baka matagalan pa kami rito. Naliligo pa si Kenny.]

[Bakit ka pa naligo Kenny? Swimming din naman mamaya!]

[Kasi I'm amoy laway na kaya! Kadiri lang if I'll be with Trish for two hours baka ma-dead siya sa akin.]

"Why you're on the call, Kenny? You're using your phone while taking a bath?"

[Tapos na. Overreacting lang si Trish, nagaayos na lang me ng things ko.]

[Si Cayser gising na ba?]

[Sabi niya nakalimutan daw niya i-charge phone niya kaya di siya makakasama sa tawag. We should just wait for him in the resort.]

[Hoy, nabalitaan ko may announcement daw si Asha sa atin. Sabihin mo na.]

[What's that? Sasali na you ulit sa orgs? I can say to my other kaibigans agad.]

"Nope. I'll tell you guys later. Dapat kumpleto tayo."

[Si Liam ba, nasaan na raw siya?]

"He messaged me a while ago. He's on his way."

Fortunately, Asha got to the resort with no hassle. Nasa labas sina Cayser at Gabi, naghihintay sa kanila. She parked her Ford-650 alongside the luxurious cars in the parking lot. Mukhang marami nang nasa loob.

"The third place goes to... Ashanti Rossault!"

She rolled her eyes as she walked towards them. Halatang nakaswimsuit na si Gabi ngunit tinakpan lamang nito ng coverups. Cayser was in his beach shorts and sando. Nakashades pa tulad niya.

"I knew it. I'll be here before Trish and Kenny come."

"Sus, expected na dapat 'yun. Ang bagal kayang kumilos ni Kenny!"

"Nahiya naman si Asha na laging huli tuwing may pupuntahan tayong magkakaibigan."

She pushed them slightly before deciding to go inside. Lumiliwanag na rin ang kalangitan at malapit nang mabuksan ang nireserba nilang infinity pool.

It was Cayser who took her bag inside. She roamed into the area while walking to the counter. She nodded, an act of approval, as the pictures on the internet justified the beauty of the resort. The place was located at the borders of Arsace and Katania. They could use a boat to go to the other side, since it was still a property of Fernandez -- Cayser's Family.

There were already people in the swimming area, and she could recognize some of them from Franklin.

The resort was divided into three: Lower, Upper, VIP. Lower contained public pools from three to eight feet. Upper contained private pools. VIP contained the infinity pool, of course, the sea was included.

They got Villa #8, which was the last but the most expensive in the place. There were two people maximum in every room and looked like Kennedy would be her partner.

There was also a wide area containing the bathroom, kitchen, changing rooms, and more. Since there were two infinity pools, there were also two wide areas.

She first put her belongings in the room. Two beds, one comfort room, one walk-in closet where she could put the clothes, and a balcony. It was huge enough for the two of them so she did not have complaints.

She messaged Kennedy and Trishza, asking where in the world they were. It was already quarter to six in the morning.

She took her swimsuits and put them in a smaller bag before going to their area. Gabi insisted to cook for them using the raw foods they bought. She was fine with it, but it was better if Trishza was with them, since Ashanti could neither cook nor help with Gabi.

On the way to the area, her eyes caught Lana, with the woman named Bell, walking in her direction. Lana smiled at her and wave her hands so she did the same.

"Hi, Ashanti. It's good to see you here. Cayser told me you guys will go here the same day with us. Hope we can bond together."

"That's so nice of you. Our pool sits side by side so why not?"

Lana was about to reply when her phone rang. She excused hersel before answering the call and walked farther from them.

Now, it was only the two of them.

A car stopped at the entrance of the resort, revealing Calista. She was about to go inside when she stopped and gazed at her back with a smirk on her face.

"Hi, Ashanti, right?" Isabell smiled. "I know you, the sister of Calista."

It's step-sister, and I'm more than that. You should not put my name near the name of that bitch. We aren't on the same level.

She eyed from bottom to top. She had a face of a doll. If she would not be an entrepreneur like her parents, she would pass as an actress, model, or something related to it.

Isn't she that Bell who Jaxon mentioned before? That best friend of Giovanni? Didn't know he likes this kind of woman. She may be looking like a doll, but looks like she's a year older than me. Eighteen or nineteen something.

She lifted the edge of her lips and put her hand in front. "Yes, Valerina Ashanti of Rossault family. The one and only."

Isabell shook her hands. "I'm Isabell Revon. Nice meeting you, Ashanti. I hope we can be friends like your sister-"

Stunned was writted on Isabell's face Ashanti spat her hand. Nakakunot noo naman siyang napatingin dito.

"Bakit mo kinakamayan? Dapat hinahalikan mo."

Ashanti's words gave more confusion to Isabell. The woman was about to say something when her mood lifted while looking at her back.

"Oh My Gosh. Gio, you came!"

Ashanti stiffened while Isabell passed her and ran towards her back. She bit her lips, struggled to calm herself. Her heart was beating fast, as his name alone gave a huge impact on her.

"I knew you'll come. As if you can resist me!" She clung her arm to his.

"Noah moved some of my meetings for today. You should thank him."

Her trembling self unconsciously turned slowly. She saw him, meters away from her, standing and facing in her direction. Their eyes met, and shockingly, she caught how Giovanni broadened his eyes when he saw her.

Ngayon na lamang ulit sila nagkita, ngunit tanda pa rin niya ang nangyari noong huli nilang paguusap. The death of Mr. Kavan's clone, and the end of their secret engagement.

Her eyes then laid to the woman beside him. Isabell, the best friend of Giovanni, they said.

She looks like a girlfriend more than a best friend.

Weren't the maids said the one who designed Giovanni's garden in his resthouse was named Isabell? She thought it was his mother. Ganoon pala silang dalawa kalapit. Maybe, she was the reason why Giovanni did not like her, the one and only Ashanti Rossault to be his wife.

Ashanti's chest throbbed which widened her eyes and looked away. Bakit ba siya nasasaktan, hindi ba siya rin naman ang may gustong makawala agad sa relasyon?

As if I have feelings for him. Focus Ashanti, you already have Kalen!

She wished he did not see her reaction, but she was unlucky, as Giovanni saw it all. He then looked again to Isabell, who had no idea what was happening.

Trishza, who found Ashanti in an uncomfortable situation, quickly walked towards them and pulled her to their area. Ashanti was still trembling when Trishza initiated the conversation.

"Are you okay? How disastrous it'll be if Kenny's with me. She'll definitely say something about you two."

She took a deep breath. "Where is she, by the way?"

"Cayser assisted her to your room. Liam arrived at the same time as us. I also saw your step-sister a while ago, looks like she's with Lana."

She nodded. Trishza advised her to sit and soothe herself first, while she inform others to go to their area. Gabi was preparing the food near her.

"Namumutla ka. Nakakita ka ba ng multo?"

It was long before she shook her head. Gabi then walked towards her with a plate of food. "Kain ka muna, baka gutom lang 'yan."

After a couple of minutes, her friends arrived. Liam stayed outside to give them time. They sat near Ashanti, waiting for her announcement.

"Guys," she started. Gabi was sitting beside Cayser, with a big plate for them to share snacks. Kennedy was holding her phone but looking at her. Trishza was standing, waiting for her.

"I'm sure none of you guys don't know that Giovanni's here."

"Ah, nagulat nga ako kanina nung narinig ko si Bell na niyaya raw niya si Giovanni."

"Shhh!" Kennedy silenced Cayser.

"When the news of Mr. Kavan got killed popped out, that's also the time when we ended the arrangement," she said and she sighed deeply.

There was a moment of silence. Ashanti got concerned about their reactions. All of her friends, except Trishza, were surprised. They did not even move a little, not until Kenny walked towards her and gave her a hug.

"Hala ang tough naman pala ng iyong situation right now. Don't worry, andito us for you."

"Thank you."

"Ayos ka lang ba Asha? Sorry, 'di ko alam na isasama pala nila 'yung ex mo, sana nasabi ko agad sa'yo."

She shook her head. "No, it's fine. It's actually my fault for not telling you guys about this earlier."

"Hinga ka lang malalim at itaas mo ang noo mo! Ikaw si Ashanti Rossault, siya ang hindi pinalad kasi pinakawalan ka niya!"

She chuckled before looking at Trishza who was giving her a reassuring smile. She nodded and smiled back as a sign of thank for her.

After the announcement, they gathered to eat first. Liam was with them, and surprisingly, it was not difficult for her friends to become close with him since he was the same as Kalen, good at befriending people.

"Buti pinayagan ka ni Lana na sumama sa'min."

"Syempre, we are Cayser's friends kaya! Mas matagal pa natin siyang nakasama kaysa kay Lana."

"She does have trust in you."

Cayser rubbed the back of his head. "Syempre, 'di kaya ako manloloko. Kasama naman natin si Liam my bro!"

"'Di raw manloloko. Sus! Have you forgotten the hundreds of girls you dumped easily on your life?"

Naging emosyonal si Kennedy at Gabi pagkatapos kumain. Mukhang bumigat daw ang kanilang timbang at hindi raw bagay sa kanilang susuoting swimsuit.

Ashanti, on the other hand, flustered as she picked up her two-piece swimsuit from her bag.

"Ay, crimson red naman pala."

"Stand out from the crowd naman pala."

"Why so sudden na pagbabago sa style pala? Dati chic lang ang iyong mga swimsuits!"

"Suotin mo 'yan tapos picture kayo ni Liam para magluksa 'yung ex mo!"

Liam waved his hands to them. "I'm not like that, but if it's for your revenge then why not?"

"Stop it guys. There's nothing between me and Giovanni. Plus this is for myself, not for a man."

"'Yan! Ganyan ang kilala naming Asha!"

Meanwhile, Calista, who was sitting comfortably with Lana on her side in the pool, looked at the two in front of her -- Giovanni and Bell.

It was surprising for her to know that Ashanti and her friends were here with them, just on another pool beside them. Akala niya ay sa ibang lugar ito pupunta.

It already happened. I shouldn't worry, 'cause this will be exciting.

"Gio, Mom said you should go visit them if you have free time," she said as she clung to his arms again.

She creased her forehead when he did not reply even a single word. She tapped his chest, making him flinched, and instantly looked at her.

"What's on your mind? We're here to relax! Step aside from your works, Gio."

He sighed before nodding. It was not that he was thinking about his pile of works in his office, since he already did it before going to the resort.

There were ten of them in the pool. All were friends of Isabell. Giovanni could recognize them all, especially Ashanti's step-sister, Calista.

She was the one Ashanti proclaimed as the thief of her missing flash drive, how could he forget it?

Then a bunch of noises from the opposite pool came. He saw Kennedy Friedrich first and the other girl with hair below the shoulder talking loudly, then Lana's fiancé with another man and they were pushing each other to the pool.

His heart beat fast as he saw Ashanti, with her two-piece swimsuit, revealing her great figure. He blinked his eyes before turning his sight away.

Not that he was into her body, but looking how she was confident even she knew he could see her, was what concerned him.

But why not? It was not they had a romantic past with each other. Ashanti did not have a connection with him anymore, so what was his problem?

Calista narrowed her eyes, secretly glancing at both Ashanti and Giovanni, not pleased about what she was seeing.

Both groups were enjoying their day. Isabell and friends had their loudspeaker on, and there was no problem with it. Ashanti and others were busy swimming, taking pics, playing volleyball, and other water-related sports.

When noon strikes, they both had a peaceful lunch, until Lana asked them to make their tables as one.

"It's boring when we guys are separated. The more the merrier, right?"

"We also have dishes you can try," said one of Lana's friends.

Cayser then glanced at Ashanti first, asking for her permission. She shrugged as her answer.

Why not?

It became a feast. There were various kinds of foods everywhere. Gabi and the others were noisy, and Ashanti was glad about it. They were making the area less awkward.

Isabell was giving Giovanni food to his plate. She also heard him calling her 'princess'. She almost rolled her eyes when her eyes and Calista's met.

I'm here to relax, not to start a fight.

While eating, Ashanti's phone rang. She immediately looked at it and excused herself. It was a phone call.

Giovanni trailed her back for a second before his phone vibrated. He then took a glimpsed at Calista, who had her eyes on the plate, innocently eating her food.

[My fiancé and your ex-fiancée are talking with each other, as always. I told you, Giovanni. I'm always right.]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 12.4K 35
With one bullet, the greatest assassin of the 21st century meets her end. As she tries to accept her end, she then open her eyes in a very familiar b...
36K 3.5K 69
Cursed Stories #2 | Mistakes are unintentional, but you pay for it. *** An epistolary, short story. "Order now, die later." When a stranger was added...
59.9K 2.6K 55
(2/3) A bedridden. Can't walk, talk, even move. My hearing is not clear, my sight is blur, my taste is, nothing. A problem to my family for years. I...
124K 6.3K 51
Andrea Castillo is an orphan who loves to cuss. Everyday is a cussing day for her and she loves it whenever she see how people's faces contorted upon...