The "Ex" Commander (Male "She...

By BetterBeWothIt

Warning! There will be lemons! But you already knew that I mean come on! It's Mass Effect! Also all Character... More

Chapter 1 The Case
Chapter 2 Dead Air
Chapter 4 A Grinning Devil
Chapter 5 Bad News
Chapter 6 Duel in The Cort of Fools
Chapter 7 Old Wound's Reopened

Chapter 3 Twisted Enhancements

3.2K 81 24
By BetterBeWothIt

Chibi A/N: So you are done watching Anime?

A/N: For now yes, After all, can't conduct research without context.

Chibi A/N: You're seriously thinking about making another book, aren't you?

A/N: Yep!

Chibi A/N: *Sigh* Fine it's not like I can stop you.

A/N: Really? No threat of being Pickled?

Chibi A/N: Nope. I'm just going to allow you to dig your own grave.

A/N: Woah! That became dark quickly.

Chibi A/N: Not really. You'll be setting yourself up for even more stress trying to keep up with updating everything.

A/N: Ok... And?

Chibi A/N: *Facepalm* Just start the story.

A/N: Already on it!

You and your team began to climb up the hill and start to cautiously make your way towards the camp.

(Y/N): Weapon's free people. I don't like the fact those spikes are unattended.

You state as you recall when you had to fend off a horde of Varren in a supposedly empty Varren den after some troops decided to have a party there, but saving drunk privates from Varren is in the past and you push those thoughts into the back of your mind as you and your team approach the research camp with caution.

Kaiden: I've got a bad feeling about this.

He stated as your team passes a few of the giant spikes with impaled victims on them and Destry looks at him with a bit of a clinical look.

Destry: Hon solo would like his revenue now, Kaiden.

He said jokingly annoying Kaiden ever so slightly as he continued to scan the area for hostiles as Ashly rolled her eyes " Great. We have a wise-ass on our team. Lovely... " She thought with a hint of disdain.

(Y/N): Cut the chatter! Search the area quickly! If you don't find any survivors radio in and-

An ear peacing scream suddenly flooded your ears and everyone looked towards the research shed's where the sound emanated, however, before you could order your team to rush towards the shed's the spikes began to retract and the bodies suddenly prayed themselves of the stands as soon as the spikes fully retracted... And what your team saw was... Horrifying.

This is another pic from the fandom wiki.

Ashly: What did the Geth do to them!?

She asked horrified as she looked at the small group of the mangled bodies of flesh and machine she was currently seeing.

Kaiden: We'll have to figure that out later! Here they come!

Three of the Husk's charged towards you and your team as two of them were swiftly gunned down " How did the Geth get this type of technology? Moreover, why are they here? The Geth were content with staying within the vail, what changed? " As you were mentally questioning the Geth's motives a Husk ran towards you and without so much as a hint of hesitation, you activate your Omni-blade and immediately behead it with one swift motion as you aimed your pistol and fired at another with one hand taking it down with surprising ease as Ashly looked on in awe " Damn! He's not a pushover that's for sure. " She thought as Destry tapped her shoulder with got her attention.

Destry: Drool at the Commander later! We're still being attacked by mechanized corpses!

As he states this Kaiden used his Biotics to throw a Husk into the air before taking it down with a few shots and Ashly scoffs before firing at Husk with her rifle taking it down fairly quickly.

Ashly: That good enough for-

Before she could finish another Husk suddenly appeared and took a swipe at her head, however before the strike could land Destry tackled her out of the way while you swiftly turned and take it down with a single shot to the head as Kaiden takes out the last of the Husk's with a swift shot to its head as it charged towards him and subacutely tumbles to the ground pass the Biotic lieutenant.

Kaiden: Clear!

He states as Destry and Ashly got up off the ground Ashly had a rather annoyed expression and just as she was about to voice her displeasure about being tackled you spoke.

(Y/N): Kaiden, Vouge; Go investigate the shed's while I have a word with Cheif Willam's.

You ordered in a stern voice and without saying a word both Destry and Kaiden immediately went towards the shed's as Ashly looked at you with a worried look.

Ashly: S-sir I can-

You interrupted her before she could continue.

(Y/N): Can it Willam's! You in a hot zone so get your head out of the clouds and focus on the mission!

She looked down with a hint of sadness which was stuffily replaced with reluctant determination.

Ashly: Aie Aie, sir.

She replayed with a salute and a slightly disgruntled look and you began to walk towards the shed before sighing " I hope she doesn't take that personally, but I can't have her zoning out in the middle of a battle. it's beyond risky at this point. " You mentally stated as you went towards the shed's seeing that Kaiden was bypassing the lock one of the shed's as Destry was covering him just in case anything came out of it to attack them.

(Y/N): Kaiden, Vouge. How is the bypass going?

After you asked this Kaiden sighed as he was trying to focus on the encryption which normally isn't a problem for him however he admittedly had gotten a bit rusty in that field ever since he left Brain Camp, but thankfully Destry stepped in to explain the situation.

Destry: The look was encrypted during the attack, sir! It seems no one wants people or those Husk's to get inside.

He states as Kaiden continued to decrypted the lock " I have a feeling that whoever locked this shed wasn't too worried about the cybernetic zombies on those spikes... " You thought as you recalled the scream occurred before the Husk's activated and as soon as Ashly walked caught up with the group she suddenly looked a bit spooked.

Ashly: Somethings terribly wrong that shed...

She states as a terrible wave of anxiety washed over her and you turn to her with a raised brow.

(Y/N): You know what's in the shed, Willam's?

You asked and Ashly looked to you with the same spooked look on her face.

Ashly: There research sheds. Some of the egg heads brought them here after we discovered the beacon...

She paused for a moment and looked towards the window and felt like something dark and terrible was watching them through shudders that were currently closed.

Ashly: B-but I feel like whatever we find in there won't be the welcoming type, sir.

She stated as calmly and straight to the point as she could, but you noticed a slight quiver in her voice " Well I can't say she's just imagining things. After all, I ran into a seemingly immortal Priestess. " You mentally state as Kaiden finished breaking that encryption.

Kaiden: I've got it Command-

The moment the doors opened your team were immediately on edge by what they saw. Slight blood splatter was visible within the shed and without a moment's noticed your team drew their weapons and braced themselves for what they might find " Shit. Looks like someone went crazy in there. " You thought as you knew that when a scene like this shows up it's generally done by someone that's either insane or deeply disturbed.

(Y/N): If anyone is still alive come out with your hands in the air!

A moment passes before you and your team hears what sounds like someone scooting their feet across the ground.

Kaiden: Sir, this doesn't look good.

He states with a hushed and slightly worried voice while aiming his gun at the blood-splattered doorway.

Destry: Keep your cool Kaiden. We outnumber and outgun whoever is in there.

He quietly states with a calm tone causing Kaiden to take a few deep breaths to calm himself down.

???: They're coming... They're coming... They're coming... They're coming...

A male voice was constantly repeating those words as he finally revealed himself and you narrowed your eyes a little as your hunch was right. The man was covered in blood that wasn't his own and you see that he was wielding what looked like a makeshift shiv in his hands.

Ashly: Oh my god... T-that Docter Warren's assent, Manual.

She stated with shock clearly lining her voice and the former Assent chuckled madly.

Manuel: She's F-free! Free from the f-fate that'll befall u-us all!

He states with a slight jitter in his voice and just as you started to squeeze the trigger on your pistol which was currently aimed at the mad man's head he speaks once more.

Manuel: They're c-coming to kill us all! E-everyone doomed! There is no hope for our kind or the aliens!

He states with insanity blatantly lining his voice, but despite that, Destry feels like there's a small grain of truth within his insane ramblings.

Destry: What do you mean by that?

He asked as you were still ready to blow this mad man's brains out at a moment's notice, and his answer as predictable as it is wasn't very clear.

Manuel: Don't you see! The geth are nothing but slaves to a p-puppet! The Turian w-with strange metal etched into his body! H-he is an emissary of a god of twisted metal which will kill every living thing in this galaxy! T-they took the beacon to the massive ship at the shipping docks! A-and-

The mad man suddenly reals back into pain and blood starts pouring out of his nose.

Manuel: Must... Free... You... Must-

*Bang!*

As the mad man's body limply falls over onto the ramp your team looked at you with a mix of relief and surprise.

(Y/N): Destry examine the bodies. Kaiden, Ashly go see what you can find from the shacks. I'll call Nihlus and tell him about this development.

You calmly order and they do as you ordered with a bit of a concerned face as their commander didn't even hesitate once and you walk out of earshot so you can talk to Nihlus with your team eavesdropping on your conversation.

*Beep!*

(Y/N): Nihlus, this is Commander (L/N). The beacon has been moved and we encountered some hostiles. They moved the beacon to the shipping docks.

You stated as you watched Destry scan Manuel's body and Kaiden decrypted a locked locker while Ashly was covering them both.

Nihlus(Radio): Roger that. I'll start making my way over there now. Meet you there commander.

After he stated this he cut the transmission, however, you could tell by his voice that something was up, but you couldn't tell what it was which really bothered you " He better not do anything reckless. " You thought as you knew state of the art weapon's and gear will only get him so far in this mound of shit you and your team just stepped into.

Meanwhile...

Chibi A/N: He's going to do something reckless isn't he?

A/N: Well if you know the games it makes him look a lot more better than trusting a guy that looks like the borg got their robotic hands on him.

Chibi A/N: True. I mean going out with one bullet just doesn't feel right for someone with the rank of his caliber.

A/N: My thoughts exactly... Which is why I set up a "better" death for him.

Chibi A/N: The way you said better isn't reinsuring...

A/N: It shouldn't be. Now enough talking and let's get back to the story!

Nihlus walked past a few of the geth bodies he silently took down and just as he reached the shipping docks after stealthfully evading most of the geth he saw what looked like more Geth taking the beacon somewhere and just as he was about to engage a familiar voice caught him off guard.

???: Nihlus, I should have known they'd send you here.

Nihlus swiftly turned towards the origin of the voice and saw something he didn't expect to see... It was Saren...

Art by Sandara

Nihlus: Saren!? What the hell have you done to yourself!?

He asked as he looked at the various tubes and metal sticking out of his body.

Saren: I've received a few Upgrades since our last encounter.

He states somewhat sinisterly and Nihlus narrowed his eyes at him.

Nihlus: Saren all these Upgrades you gained done to you is turned you into a monster beyond recognition! Whatever or whoever gives them to you has clearly Warped your mind.

He states as he already put two and two together as he should have known the Geth give those enhancements before this even happened, however, before he could continue he felt the tip of a blade stab him in the side from behind.

Nihlus: AHH!!!

He fell to his knees after the person who stabbed him in the back kicked his leg causing his rifle to slide to the side and he looked to see a masked human strangely dressed in casual attire despite being in a hot zone.

???: You lower your guard too much...

He states in a somewhat disappointed and monotoned voice as he took Nihlus weapon's away and when Nihlus tried to stop him Saren stomped on his hand.

Nihlus: AH! Damnit!

After the masked Human finished declawing the Spector he stepped back ways, but not before dropping an odd-looking blade right in front of him which was partially covered in his blood.

I Don't own this picture... And yes I know it's a combat knife.

Nihlus scoffed as he realized what was going on as Saren started to step back after taking his foot off of his now broken hand.

Saren: Take it. You'll be needing it for what comes next.

Nihlus could hear a smug tone practically oozing out of his mouth and Nihlus grabbed the blade and slowly got up as he was still bleeding from the wound he suffered from the very same blade that was in his hand.

Nihlus:...

He said nothing as he got up and stared at Saren without saying a word who stared back at him with a slightly angered look as he expected him to say something or curse him for his actions, but he remained silent.

Saren: Aren't you going to say anything? Perhaps a few parting words before you die?

He asked in a smug tone mixed with a hint of anger, but Nihlus said nothing once more and looked at him with a glare of disapproval which enrages Saren further.

Saren: Answer me damn it! Do you not have anything to say about my alliance with the geth!? My betrayal against the Council and our very own kind!?

Nihlus just stares at him without saying a word as if he wasn't worthy of them and Saren started to clench his fists.

Saren: ANSWER ME!!!

The masked man watches this with his arm crossed " He's obviously not going to answer... Should have killed him while I had the chance... " He mentally states, but he knew this would happen so he let Silas reap what he sowed as Nihlus once again didn't say a thing which caused Saren to snarl angrily before charging at him head-on and Nihlus managed to dodge out of the way and attempt to land a strike, however, it only bounced off of Saren's metal plates embedded into his flesh and Saren turned and swang at Nihlus who once again dodged his attack but only barely, however, Saren turned again and swung at an unnatural speed which actually connected to Nihlus's chest punching a hole right through it.

Saren: SAY SOMETHING!!!

He demanded despite having just completely destroyed Nihlus's chest and all Nihlus did was weekly lift his head and spit on Saren's face to which Saren responded by snarling and ramming his other fist into his heart and ripping him in half with his machinal strength.

???: Are you done?

The masked man asked in the same disappointed monotoned voice causing Saren to swiftly turn his head and growl at him as the blood of his old friend dripped off his face.

Saren: WATCH YOUR TONE MERC!!!

He shouts and he tried to intimidate him by storming towards him and getting in his face, but before he could the Mask man swiftly drew another knife and pointed it at his throat before Silas could react.

Again, I do not own this pic.

???: I'll say what I please, Bug. Now, are we going to get this mission done, or are you going to start picking fights you don't want?

He states in a threateningly calm tone and a few tense moments pass as the Masked man continued to point his knife at the Metallic Turian's throat before Silas backed away and snarling once more before storming off towards the shipping docs.

???: Thought so.

He states as he sheathes his knife and followed suit leaving the mangled body as well as the bloody combat knife behind for someone else to find.

Meanwhile...

Chibi A/N: Well that wasn't fair!

A/N: Silas doesn't really care for being fair. I mean the dude shot Nihlus in the head while he wasn't looking in the Games.

Chibi A/N: But the dude didn't get ripped in half in the games!

A/N: Well he didn't go down in a whimper in this story unlike the games, he at least died standing on his feet. It also displayed what kind of enhancements he received.

Chibi A/N: It also displayed how much of an asshole he is, but that's probably the point anyway so can't rag on you for that.

A/N: True, but enough that let's get back to the story!

You look at the body of Docter Warren which had twenty-eight stab wounds all over her chest as well as her blood which covered the shed's walls " Damn. Manuel must have been a nut job if he's capable of doing this. " You thought as Destry finished scanning the body.

Destry: Alright. As soon as we can get back to the ship I can give a full report after I do a virtual autopsy.

He stated as he closed his Omni-tool and you let out a sigh as you knew your team couldn't linger around here.

(Y/N): Alright. Let's double-time it towards the shipping docs.

You said as you exited the shed while Destry followed closely behind you as Kaiden and Ashly waiting for you just outside clearly heard your orders through the opened door.

Kaiden: Roger that!

Ashly looked to the side with an expression that practically signaled that she was in deep thought.

Ashly: Understood, sir.

You glanced at her for a moment and you instantly knew that something else was bothering her and you ultimately decided to take a moment for a few questions.

(Y/N): You ok, Willam's?

Ashly suddenly snapped herself out of her thoughts and cleared her throat.

Ashly: Yes Sir I'm fine. We should get to that beacon before the Geth send it off-world.

She stated and you nodded despite wanting to know what's on her mind.

(Y/N): Alright. Move out!

After you said that you and the rest of your team began making your way out of the research camp and started making your way towards the shipping docks all the while the feeling of being watched still lingered in Ashly's mind " It's probably nothing. " She thought trying to reassure herself.

A/N: That'll be it for this chapter!

Chibi A/N: Well that was short.

A/N: Look I stalled this Chapter enough. Besides I've got other projects to work on and I can make people wait any longer.

Chibi A/N: I understand, just try to make the next chapter longer ok.

A/N: *Sigh* I'll try but no promises.

Chibi A/N: Well if that's wrapped up let's do a send-off.

A/N:...

Chibi A/N: What? Why are you looking at me like I'm planning something?

A/N: Because you're usually never this nice. You always try to shove my head into a toilet or threaten to pickle me.

Chibi A/N: Look today is my chill day alright. And yes Even I need those.

A/N: Well then... I guess we'll see you guys around. Stay safe out there!

Chibi A/N: Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 2K 31
{Jedi Fallen Order x Male Jedi Reader x Mass Effect Trilogy} [ALPHA Series] (Y/N) Voridus, once a Jedi Padawan, now a Jedi in hiding from the Empire...
766 11 53
Liara T'soni did not believe in luck. After all that had happened, what she believed in was redundancy. With the Reapers on the way, she didn't put a...
1.3K 65 26
(This novel is under revision as of 2-5-19 up until I feel the true motivation to scrub through most of my older work. Also this summary is something...
378K 5.3K 33
There... Will... Be... LEMONS! you have been warned. All Character's participating in LEMON Chapters at 18+. I Do not own Any art or the TMNT franc...