Getaway Car

Oleh camilzer

Y/N has always been involved in crime. It's become the one constant in her life. Recently, she shifted her w... Lebih Banyak

chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two

chapter thirteen

812 45 39
Oleh camilzer

Camila was the first to wake the next morning. After blinking a few times to adjust her eyes to the bright sun, she looked down do find Y/N curled into her chest. She smiled, remembering the night before. Camila had brought Y/N into her bedroom and they just laid there together,
Y/N holding Camila close to her. Sometime throughout the night, theirs roles switched and now Camila was the one holding Y/N.

Camila took a deep breath, unbelievably happy with their current position, one she'd never have expected. She carefully brought her hand up to run through Y/N's hair, not trying to wake her yet.

Unfortunately, Y/N did wake up about ten minutes later. Camila had imagined her waking and looking up at her with a smile before kissing her softly.

Instead, however, Y/N jumped back from Camila's body as soon as she noticed their position. She sat up, refusing to look at the detective.

Camila didn't know what to say, her throat felt tight. She didn't expect that reaction, though perhaps she should have. "I'll um...I'll go make breakfast." She waited for a reply but left after receiving none.

Y/N looked around the room, her brain running wild. She'd woken up so relaxed and at peace until she registered where she was and who she was with. Her body was sent into fight or flight, realizing she let herself become too comfortable. Y/N closed her eyes, taking a few deep breaths. She had to readjust how high her walls were because she could feel them crumbling and she wouldn't let that happen. She mentally built them back up and stood from the bed, leaving the room.

As she entered the kitchen, she took in the sight of Camila plating some Eggo waffles on a couple plates. Her heart clenching at the sight, though she was unsure why. She chalked it up to her being uncomfortable and moved closer, just as Camila turned around. "Hey," she smiled, handing Y/N a plate as she walked towards the couch.

Y/N took a seat on the far right, Camila sitting on the other end, positioning herself so that she was facing Y/N, her back against the arm rest, her knees bent.

The two ate in relative silence, Camila dying for Y/N to say something, anything. She extended her bent legs, her toes just barely brushing against Y/N's thigh, trying to get her to notice Camila's desperation for her to speak.

However, Y/N didn't respond with words and only stood from the couch to go wash her plate. Camila sighed, closing her eyes to try and calm herself down. She wasn't mad in anyway, just getting more disappointed by the minute. She felt as though she made a mistake, maybe moved too fast.

Y/N slid on her shoes and moved towards the door. Camila picked at the food on her plate, waiting to hear the door open and close. After a few moment of silence, she looked up towards
Y/N, finding her looking at her already. "You coming?"

Camila sprung up from the couch, almost dropping her plate. "Uh, yeah. Let me just get my shoes on." Maybe she didn't make a mistake, maybe Y/N is just adjusting to this change in their relationship.

————

Camila walked into the station, waving to the desk officer as she made her way to her desk. "Hey, stranger." Normani greeted.

"Hi." Camila smiled. "It's good to be back." She sat down in her chair, breathing out a sigh of relief.

"Yeah? Wait till you see the paperwork left for you." Normani winked, sliding over some files. "How are you feeling? That must have been some horrible flu."

"Uh, yeah. It was rough." Camila lied with a tight smile, as she grabbed the files and started looking through them. She glanced up, noticing Normani looking at her with a pointed look. "What?"

"What are you not telling me?" She asked. Camila immediately felt seen. She had never lied to her partner before. She really didn't want to start now but she also knew she couldn't tell her the whole truth.

"Well..." Maybe just a half-lie. "I met someone." She smiled.

"What? Who?" Normani asked, leaning forward.

"Uh, you don't know them." Camila dismissed. "And it's just the beginning so...I don't know if it'll go anywhere."

"Well, you seem awfully happy for 'just the beginning'. Tell me what's happened with them so far." She demanded.

Camila sighed and closed the file she was partially looking through, realizing she wasn't going to get very far with that right now. "We've been friends for awhile. And we've gotten closer. And I told them last night that I love them." She shrugged.

"What?" Normani gasped loudly. "That's not just the beginning! That's like...so not the beginning!"

"Okay, shush. The whole department doesn't need to know about my love life...or lack there of."

"What did they say? When you told them, I mean." She pressed.

"Nothing." She told her. Normani definitely did not seem satisfied with that answer. If anything, she looked more confused and in search of much more explanation. "They don't talk much. Especially about feelings. They more so show how they feel through actions. And after I told them...and kissed them...they spent the night."

"What?" She repeated, just as loud as before.

"Would you shut up." Camila whispered harshly, looking around to see if anyone heard.

"I'm sorry, they spent the night?"

"Yeah. It's not like that. We just...slept." Camila shrugged again.

Normani looked as though she was going to ask something else when someone approached Camila's desk, calling out her name. "We're not done here." She warned her as he came closer.

Camila rolled her eyes before turning to the person now at her desk. "Detective Flores, what can I do for you?" She asked.

"Well," He started, propping himself up against the corner of her metal desk. "You can start by telling why you were talking to one of my informants." He told her. Detective Flores was the head of the Red Mamba Task Force, the same one Camila was once a part of. He didn't seem upset when he spoke which made Camila much less frightened.

"Oh, I uh...I just asked him a quick question. I had a thought and I was gonna come to you right after but he didn't prove very helpful." She answered, ignoring Normani's questioning stare that was burning into the side of her head.

"About?"

"It's nothing." She waved him off. "Dead end."

"Okay, then. Well, he ended up in the hospital somehow. Gunshot to the knee cap, rough deal." Camila tensed at his words. "Anyway, imagine my surprise when he mentioned that you paid him a visit the other day."

"Is he okay? Do they know who did it?"

"He'll be fine. And probably someone who found out he was talking to the police. He'a under police surveillance for his own protection right now." He crossed his arms. "Well, I know how hard it is to step away from something you've worked so close with in the past. So, I figured I'd ask if you wanted to help out some. I could use someone who knows the ins and outs of how this gang operates."

"Oh, sure. I'd be happy to help." She smiled.

"Good." He nodded. "If you wouldn't mind then," He handed her a piece of paper. "Do me a favor and check out this address. It's an empty lot and I got the heads up that there may be an arms deal here tonight."

"Okay," She looked over the paper. "Do you just want me to see what happens or..."

"Yeah, just check it out. Take some pictures of the people who show up. No need to make any arrests. Not while you're alone anyway." He instructed. "Good?"

"Absolutely." She nodded. "I'll let you know." Detective Flores thanked her and walked away, leaving Camila alone with Normani again. Normani and her questioning glare. "What?" She asked, going back to the files.

————

After Camila's shift, she left the station and walked to her car, looking over the paper she was given. She almost had a heart attack when she saw two black boots appear just above the edge of the paper. "Lauren?"

"'Sup?" The raven haired girl asked, leaving back against the driver's side door, her arms crossed.

"Uh, not much. Can I help you?" Camila raised an eyebrow.

"Where are you headed?" Lauren asked, ignoring the question and nodding to the paper.

"I'm helping a detective who runs the Red Mamba Task Force. He gave me an address to check out." She answered.

"Cool. Let's go." She stood and started walking around to the passenger side. "We can talk on the way." She opened the door and slid in, not leaving Camila with much choice.

"Okay then." She sighed, getting into the car.

————
(a/n): everyone thank @jenhub87 for holding me accountable

what do you think lauren wants to talk about???

i hope you enjoyed this long awaited chapter. not to give anyone false hope, but i have planned out the next chapter so...👀

this isn't proof read cuz i'm tired

don't forget to vote
thanks for reading❤️

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

236K 5.4K 37
Y/N a troubled teenager with a dream to be wanted by someone . Lauren a member of one of the world's most famous girl groups, with everything she cou...
222K 5K 44
their world was built on sex, love and lies. she came with an intoxication that wasn't seen before, consuming her and demanding her. Lauren seemed t...
152K 3.7K 29
Camila is used to being alone. Ever since her mom and sister died, it's only been her and her dad. With her dad being an abusive jerk, she tends to k...
144K 5.5K 30
It was just a basic routine recon mission. Follow the person of interest, observe, analyze, and return with evidence. Simple. You could've done it in...