Memories of Arcaea

By Ocheezee

Two young girls have a journey to find the end of the truth about Arcaea. The girl in black has been born to... More

Chapter 1 - The Journeys Begin
Chapter 2 - Green Meadow
Chapter 3 - Forbidden Purple Forest
Chapter 5 - Ruined Mansion
Chapter 6 - Solitary Coincidence
Chapter 7 - Whites & Blacks
Chapter ! - Special Summer
Chapter 8 - Grievous Lady
Chapter 8.5 - "夢"
Chapter 9 - Quandary
Chapter 10 - Epoch
Chapter 11 - Reminiscences
-The End-
Chapter ??? - Arcahv

Chapter 4 - Abandoned Village

90 6 0
By Ocheezee

~HIKARI's POV~

I've been walking for about 20 minutes. I know the road is very long, but if I keep complaining it will never be finished. I kept on walking and ignored all the bad things that might cross my mind.

'Just keep going, there's nothing else I can do but move forward' I told myself.

I thought about resting here for a bit before I continued my journey. I also brought the picnic cloth earlier, I think it will come in handy someday. I opened the cloth and lay down for a moment while eating the apple.

"I'm tired" I told myself.

Not gonna lie, this trip is really tiring, walking all day and feeling anxious is very uncomfortable. At least there is someone in this world that I can meet and talk to to get rid of the anxiety inside of me ...

'very difficult isn't it' I thought.

When I lay down with my eyes closed, I heard as if someone was talking. "over here..." as if whispering in my ear.

I was shocked and immediately looked around me ... there wasn't a single person who called earlier. 'maybe I've started going crazy' I thought until I hear that voice again. "over here.." I could barely hear the voice because it was too small but I knew I was like someone was talking.

"SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING!!" I screamed because I didn't want to lose this opportunity to find out what happened.

The voice appeared again in a rather large and clear tone "over here!"

I heard that voice clearly from the direction of the road that I was passing by. I hurriedly took all my things and ran towards the sound.

I am very happy when I look around me. "This turned out to be a village !!" I said in a very happy voice.

I am very happy to be able to come to a village, finally to be able to meet people here ...

...

...

...

that's what I thought.

The moment I entered the boundary of this village, everything didn't match my expectations. I am shocked.

nobody in this village ... everything is empty and neglected, 'what the hell !!' .

I walked past all the uninhabited empty houses that were on my left and right in confusion. I did not think that I was the only one in this world. when I thought who called me here? nobody around here! does that call me even a human? I got goosebumps when I thought about it.

"This is unbelievable" I told myself, who would not be surprised if someone yelled at and appeared a village with no one there. Of course everyone will panic about that.

Within a second I saw a girl in a pink dress walking by and opening one of the doors of this house. I see her smiling at that house for some reason, she was holding a white and pink teddy bear in her hand.

I screamed at her but she didn't answer. I ran over to her and tried to touch her before she actually entered the house. but I was late, she entered the room faster than me. I open the door and see nothing, she disappeared. 'But how?' I asked myself in confusion. I can't believe what happened today. I felt it again, hopelessly lonely in a big world full of questions.

I almost fell and almost even cried, I had time to let out a tear. "is this world rejecting me?" I told my self.

I don't know what to do anymore. I'm lonely, I need a friend. at least ...

...

...

...

___________________________________

(10 minute pass)

Why am I crying asking for friends? People in this world don't even exist.

A lonely world ...

Abandoned ...

Empty ...

Unpopulated...

How greedy i am. Crying over myself, whining about something, complaining all the time. That's how i am. and here I am, what am I going to do with this empty village?

And that's when I stopped thinking for a moment when I saw a table that was similar to the previous one where I first woke up. "Why is that table here?" I asked myself. But I was even more shocked when I realized that there was another letter on the table. I immediately read it for sure.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

This Journey has touched its climax.

Do not be afraid, there must be hope. Depending on the path you choose, choose the wrong choice and you will despair. Praying for the problems that befall them will lighten the burden on your mind. 'Cathedral' is a comfortable place for you to pray. The road to the end of the village will be visible from the distance of the building.

you must keep going.

-Arcaea-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Cathedral? Is there a cathedral around here? A building like a cathedral should be big, there should be people living there.

'Don't have high expectations just yet' I thought to myself. Maybe it was an abandoned, ruined cathedral that was deserted. Who knows.

before I leave the village, why not take a look? there may be some useful items that I can carry. before that, I'll just take this letter first. Okay move on.

I walked around this village, a village that is quite small. But this village looks strange, this village should have collapsed and was mossy or dusty. But the fact is that this village looks like it's just been created. The houses still look new, even the shops are still complete with materials. This is too weird to look at.

I took several items such as food, drinks, cloth, bags, and other important items. I'm still planning to go to the cathedral. I remember when the letter said I touched 'Climax?', Doesn't that mean I've made progress? or is it the place I was looking for questions that have been haunting my mind all this time?

But I still question the girl earlier. Is she the same person with this letter with the writing 'Arcaea'? Strangely he didn't even hear me scream. Did he also feel surprised by this lonely village? I keep asking all the questions about that girl in my head.

I should keep going.

the letter says at the end of the village doesn't it? looks like I've reached the end of the village. I could see from a distance the large building and the road leading to it. I'm sure it's the Cathedral this letter is talking about.

I have to get there asap.

_______________________________

Ay we're done here. Thanks for reading this story, i hope that you enjoyed reading the next chapter :)

The Next Chapter will be Tairitsu Journey >0<!

See ya in next Chapter ;P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

498 21 9
'The second book following 'When The Day Met Night' follows Julia Vargas; a teenage girl and her older Brother; Kyle Vargas. After finding out they'r...
1.9K 42 33
A girl who only got shown hatred and disgust, she dies at the hands of her adoptive sister that everyone knows and loves. Her sister is from a place...
2.5K 308 58
"She is a monster.", they said. Well, they are not wrong. I'm not a normal monster like the others from the nightmares. Whenever I go, I spread deat...
4K 66 16
Yugioh! Arc-V presents My Father in the past It was a peaceful day in Maiami City. Yuya and Yuzu have a daughter named Yuki Sakaki. And it was the Mi...