Happy Holi-baes

Oleh jblingy

Different stories & pairings. Hope you enjoy xoxo Lebih Banyak

Dreamlover's Good Love to Me (WhitRiah)
I'm Your Fantasy Tonight (WhitRiah)
I Only Wanted (WhitRiah)
Saving all my love for you (Whitney Houston x Lisa Lopes)
I Only Wanted Part 2
Unfinished Business (WhitRiah)
Changes Part 2
Sweet Tutor (WhitRiah)
Unfinished Business Part 2
Sweetheart (WhitRiah)
My lullaby - Teyana Taylor & Lori Harvey
Interested (Justine Skye x Lisa Lopes/Left Eye)
"Sweet baby" (WhitRiah)
Multi-interested
Remember (Whitney x Michael Jackson)
Easy (RenΓ©e Downer)
You finish it (WhitRiah challenge)
Lacy & Letitia

Changes (Savannah and Bernadine)

299 10 10
Oleh jblingy

Waiting to Exhale inspired; Whitney as Savannah and Angela Bassett as Bernadine

It's a Spring evening and Savannah Jackson arrives at her close friend Bernadine's new house. It's modest compared to the mansion she previously resided. But there have been major changes in Bernadine's life.

Savannah smiles when Bernadine or "Bernie" answers the door. She pulls her newly single friend into a warm embrace with one arm. "Hey girl, it's so good to see you." She's had quite a day, mainly the conversation she had earlier with her mother. "I got some stuff for the kids."

When Bernadine lets her in, Savannah looks around. Her smile drops when she notices there's an old home-made video playing on the TV of Bernadine and her soon-to-be ex-husband.

"They're gonna love this." Bernadine grins, having peeked at the bag containing toys from Savannah. "Autumn! Deon! Aunt Vannah has something for you."

Two children, two years apart, bound into the open kitchen area.

"Hi Aunt Vannah," the siblings say in unison, each hugging her.

Savannah's joyful expression returns when they greet her, and especially when they unveil their gifts with excitement. They each have a super-soaker, which is just in time for next season, and slime kits.

"Thank you, Aunt Vannah!" they chorus and embrace her again.

"Oh, you're so welcome. Try not to drive your mommy too crazy, though, okay?"

Everyone laughs. Then, it's just Savannah and Bernadine again, who drink wine.

"Thanks again, Vannah," says Bernadine.

"Yeah, no problem."

Bernadine notices her friend's mood has shifted compared to when she first showed up.

"Nice place, by the way," Savannah says.

"It feels like home. Unlike that other hell hole."

Savannah looks right at her, seeing her derision clear as day.

"Bernie, why are you watching that?" She doesn't bother to specify.

Bernadine slants her lips to the side in confusion. "Watching what?" Then she gazes around until she remembers her TV is on and what it's displaying. "Oh." She closes her eyes and sighs.

"Did the kids want to see it?" Savannah asks softly.

"No. That's what's funny." Bernadine releases a humorless chuckle before sipping her drink. "I did. It will be the last time anyone ever sees it."

There's something cryptic about her statement, but who can blame her? Bernadine is a woman scorned, and as far as Savannah is concerned, she deserves redemption. She deserves love.

"It'll be okay," Savannah says, placing her hand on Bernadine's, who manages a smile. It's not hard for Bernadine to smile in the producer's presence. Their friendship, which began two years ago, has brought her much happiness. Bernadine has two other dear mutual friends that she and Savannah respectfully share a bond with. But these two have a connection that runs deeper.

"Thanks, babe. So enough about me. I want to hear about your day."

Savannah reclines her head some. "Girl, you don't even wanna know..." But of course Bernadine is interested. She attentively listens as Savannah explains and complains about her mother calling her at work. "My mother is so desperate for me to have a man she doesn't even care that he's married."

"Ugh."

"I'm like 'ma, it's not that serious.' But she's from a generation that will do anything to have and keep a man."

"And put up with anything."

"Right, exactly. She likes to say I think I'm too good and need to get off my high horse and give these men a chance." Savannah rolls her eyes.

"Savannah, there's nothing you need to change. You're doing it just right. And you are too good for these ain't shit men."

Savannah smiles. "Thanks, babe. I wish she'd see that. Some of us don't need a man to make us happy."

Bernadine raises her hands. "Let the church say amen. As far as I'm concerned, my children, my parents, and you make me happy. Y'all are all I need. And Jesus Christ, amen."

Savannah secretly likes hearing that Bernadine singled her out from their other friends. It brings her comfort in her desires and wishes for her and Bernadine, the future they could possibly have together.

"You know what I think? I think we should watch a movie," Savannah suggests.

"I'm gonna put the kids to bed soon, and then we can."

Savannah nods. "Why don't I get us all dinner and we can play a game before they go to sleep?"

"Okay, but you've been warned. They might not wanna hang with us 'old ladies,'' replies Bernie, using air-quotes and making them laugh. "Oh, and you don't have to treat us, you're the guest."

The producer shakes her head. "Bernie, I'm family. And I got it, okay?"

After their taco feast, Bernadine, Savannah, Autumn, and Deon play a couple rounds of Head's Up. Then, it's bedtime for the kids. By this point, Savannah has long since removed her cream blazer and is only clad in her slacks and white tank top that exposes her slender, toned body. Her forehead is softly framed by her brown bangs. Her eyes fall on Bernadine who joins her back in the living room, whose long black hair is pulled back, as she wears a white satin robe. Her expression turns bashful at Vannah's stare.

"So what movie are we watching? Uh-oh, there's that smile."

Savannah laughs and wriggles her eyebrows once. "Oh, you'll see, Bernie."

"No scary movies!"

"Aww," Savannah only pouts.

Bernadine sits next to her with a curt expression. Just like that, a smile appears on her face, however. "I'm cutting my hair."

Vannah lifts her eyebrows this time. "Oh?"

"Yeah, yeah, it's time for a change or another change, I should say." Bernadine softly nudges Savannah, chuckling.

"Are you having Glo' do it?" Vannah enquires, referring to their friend Gloria, a beauty salon owner. "You know she's gonna blow a gasket."

"I'm sure Robin will too, but I don't care. It's my hair, my choice."

Savannah nods. "What kind of style are you getting?"

"I thought you'd never ask!" Bernadine gladly shows Savannah a photo from her phone.

"That looks good," Savannah admits. "When are you doing it?"

"Monday, when the kids are at school."

Savannah sees how happy Bernadine is about this transformation, which makes her happy for her. "You're gonna look beautiful."

"Aw, Vannah, do you really mean that?"

"Of course. Short hair, long hair, doesn't matter. You have that beautiful face." She gently rubs the back of her palm on the other's cheek. Their eyes lock.

"You're trying to butter me up because you know you ain't right for picking that movie," Bernie mentions, making Savannah bring her head back and laugh.

"Changes, right? It's time for you change your mind about scary movies."

The movie starts. Bernadine finds herself engrossed. But it does eventually scare her. Savannah doesn't even bother to stifle her laughs whenever she jumps up or flinches. At one point Bernadine hides her face in Savannah's chest and neck.

"It wasn't that bad, was it?" asks Savannah when the credits roll.

Bernadine gives her a hard look, eliciting a giggle.

"Bernie, you need to toughen up, girl."

"I don't know how it didn't scare you not once. You are crazy."

"It's okay, I'll stay the night."

Bernadine laughs.

"Unless you don't want me to..." Savannah trails off.

"No, stay. I'll be right back." She gets up and starts to leave the room but doesn't get very far. Her mind wants her to think there's a chance that a demon can randomly pop up out of nowhere.

"Bernie, you good?" Savannah sees her friend frozen in place. "You want me to come with you?"

Bernadine grumbles something and looks at her right and left.

"Yeah, you do," Savannah responds, walking with her to her room.

"As you can see, this is a King size, so there's plenty of room for the both of us," Bernadine says. "If you snore, I might have to send you to the couch, though."

"Bernie, stop, you know I don't snore," Vannah retorts to an amused Bernadine. "Mind if I shower?"

"No, go right ahead. You can pick out a pajama too." Bernadine opens her drawers, showing Savannah, who picks out a family reunion T-shirt and shorts.

"Thanks, babe. Try not to be too scared while I'm away, okay?" She laughs when Bernadine playfully throws a shower cap at her.

Savannah takes the cap and goes in the bathroom. She brushes her teeth and starts the shower in Bernadine's clean bathroom. She smiles as she lathers her body, thinking about tonight's events. She also loves how she would be ending the day, with just the person she wanted to. Not some man—or any man—especially a married one.

She imagines telling her mother that someone else has her heart instead. The next time her mother bitches about her "sad, pathetic" love life, she's probably going to mention Bernadine.

But first she needs to know how Bernadine feels.

"Vannah? You sleep?" Bernadine calls moments later. They are in the silk white sheets of her bed. They finished saying their prayers and are now lying in the night.

Though Vannah is content enough to doze off, her mind is awake. She wonders if it would be better to tell Bernadine how she feels tomorrow. Should it be in the morning or evening? Should they be at a nice place when she tells her, as in an outing?

"No," Savannah answers and turns around so they are turned towards each other. "Why, what's up?"

Bernadine feels shyness again for no good reason at all. She just knows that Savannah sometimes has this effect on her, especially when she's under her stare. "I just wanted to thank you for tonight. It's the best I've felt since filing."

"Any time, you know I'm here for you, babe."

"Yes, I do know. I can count on you. I hope you know you can count on me, too."

A smile spreads across Savannah's face and Bernadine wishes she could see it properly.

"Even when I make you watch horror movies, huh?"

Bernadine laughs and it warms Vannah up.

"I'm sorry if I seem sappy—"

"Not sappy at all. I appreciate you telling me."

"Yeah, it's just with everything I've been through, I want to make sure I'm not taking for granted the ones who truly love me and ride for me." She pauses. "I love you."

"I love you too," Savannah says without hesitation.

Bernadine smiles. "Okay, well, thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I won't keep you any longer. Good night, Vannah."

"No, wait." I'm really about to do this, Savannah thinks. "There's something I wanna get off my chest, too."

"Yeah? Go on, babe."

Savannah breathes out, squeezing her eyes shut.

"I don't just love you, I'm in love with you." Now she's the scared one. Enveloped in fear, she shifts her body in the opposite direction again. Suddenly she's lamenting herself for making this move. She cringes and gets out the bed.

"Vannah," Bernadine calls before she can exit the room. She has to follow Savannah into the hall. "Vannah." She grasps her bare, smooth arm.

"I'm sorry," Savannah whispers.

"Sorry for what?" Bernadine demands. All the producer can do is look at her solemnly. "You had to get that off your chest, right?"

"Yeah, but—"

"Okay, then. What's the problem?" She gazes at Savannah whose lips part but don't form words. "What's...the...problem?" Bernadine repeats, coming closer with each word.

Savannah's eyes dart between her eyes and lips, both sights to behold. And Bernadine's soft, minty breath caresses her face.

"I just don't want to ruin our friendship," Savannah explains.

"The only way you can do that is if you betray me. Do you plan on doing that?"

"No, of course not."

"I know you don't." She takes hold of Vannah's chin.

It's dark, yet somehow, she can see the lust and thrill in Vannah's eyes. That gives Bernadine all the courage she needs to close the small gap between them and seal their ready lips into a kiss.

"I love you too," Bernadine pronounces with a serious expression. She allows her hand to travel to Savannah's heart. "I've been wanted you, baby."

Savannah's eyes light up. "Really?"

"Yes, my love."

"We should have said something!" she whispers passionately.

Bernadine chuckles. "If you ask me, it's the perfect time."

Savannah grins and grabs her girl's hip, connecting their lips again. For a moment, they take turns pressing each other against the wall, exploring the other's mouth. And then Savannah leads them back in Bernadine's room, their lips still fastened together, hands roaming.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

16.8K 252 50
lachambers oneshots not all mine i will trie to give credit but alot do not have names to credit.
3.7K 25 33
A collection of HSMTMTS Seblos and Rodfini Mpreg oneshots! Please comment down your requests to me and let me know about what you would like for me t...
42K 916 11
β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ β€’ "π—¬π—Όπ˜‚'𝗿𝗲 π˜π—΅π—² π—Ήπ—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜, π˜†π—Όπ˜‚'𝗿𝗲 π˜π—΅π—² π—»π—Άπ—΄π—΅π˜, π˜†π—Όπ˜‚'𝗿𝗲 π˜π—΅π—² 𝗰𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗿 𝗼𝗳 𝗺�...
29.7K 239 35
Seddie one shots! Can take requests! THIS ISN'T A SMUT OR X READER!