The Revenant Queen 2 (wlw)

By Kailaniarcher

FANTASY/ LESBIAN FICTION Chaos spreads among the supernatural world and amid the violence, hatred, and sabota... More

Author's Note
Epigraph
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty- Two
Chapter Twenty- Three
Chapter Twenty- Four
Chapter Twenty- Five
Chapter Twenty- Six
Chapter Twenty- Seven
Chapter Twenty- Eight
Chapter Twenty- Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty- One
Chapter Thirty- Two
Chapter Thirty- Three
Chapter Thirty- Four
Chapter Thirty- Five
Chapter Thirty- Six
Chapter Thirty- Seven
Chapter Thirty- Eight
Chapter Thirty- Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty- One
Chapter Forty- Two
Chapter Forty- Three
Chapter Forty- Four
Chapter Forty- Five
Chapter Forty- Six
Chapter Forty- Seven
Chapter Forty- Eight
Chapter Forty- Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty- One
Chapter Fifty- Two
Chapter Fifty- Three
Chapter Fifty- Four
Chapter Fifty- Five
Chapter Fifty- Six
Chapter Fifty- Seven
Chapter Fifty- Eight
Chapter Fifty- Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty- One
Chapter Sixty- Two
Chapter Sixty- Three
Chapter Sixty- Four
Chapter Sixty- Five
Chapter Sixty- Six
Chapter Sixty- Seven
Chapter Sixty- Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Five

2.4K 145 55
By Kailaniarcher

Pls be aware that I got the french from google. If it's messed up I do apologise. But if any of you know how to speak it, pls help me correct it...

×

"He lied to me," Adira said, gripping the cool cup or more like choking it since she held it so tightly. Each time she moved to lift it to her head, the melting ice cubes would clash together and or against the glass, filling the space with the soft sounds, aiding the quiet atmosphere.

Her counterpart, the older, calmed revenant sat with his legs crossed, cognizant of the queen's frustration. It wasn't often that he saw her drink hard liquor but when she did it meant she was grieving in her own way or detested the vicissitudes surrounding her; at this point, he was unsure which one it could be.

"He looked me dead in the eyes McLean and he lied. Excuse pathétique pour un homme,"

"C'est un lâche, faible comme ils viennent mais un homme intelligent quand même," answered McLean.

"Je vais prendre sa putain de vie," Adira leaned the bourdon to the back of her head and swallowed without making a face. "C'est une promesse,"

"I advise you to contact the council, your majesty rather than do a regrettable thing. I know that the idea of them taking control of the matter perturbs you but you need their help. They have the power to intervene and possibly even to quell the unrest. Utilize their existence, please."

The woman studied the older man in quietude.

"I know you don't want too but you should. Save yourself the drama, save yourself Isabella's irritation,"

Adira rolled her eyes at the mention of her mother's name.

"She's not a concern to me," she reached for the liquor and poured herself another round. The man's blue gaze stayed at the bottle of alcohol the woman nearly ingested herself, it sat half-empty.

"I understand but you know how she gets,"

"Hostile, arrogant, ostentatious, horrible," answered Adira. She nearly filled the glass the fourth time around and then sat back in her chair. Her many rings sparkled, some even tapped against the glass as she anxiously moved her fingers around.

"I know what Isabella's like, and the recent affairs has nothing to do with her. She has no right sticking her nose in my business,"

"But heed my advice, write to the council, let them know that you're opened to the hearing and that all members on your behalf will adhere to their orders,"

The queen continued to study McLean. She'd offered him a drink but like always he refused. It didn't bother her that he did but she wondered how the man coped with his stress. For several centuries they were each other's confidant yet Adira had no clue what the man did in his spare time to unwind. She didn't feel like it was her business to know and she guessed that was why some things were still unknown but she was curious now.

"The last time the council got involved in my affairs it ended horribly,"

"I'm cognizant of the past which is why, Adira, I implore you to be wise,"

"I would like to keep them out of my business for as long as I can,"

"Don't be obstinate,"

The woman frowned. "Who are you to speak such things to me?" She asked casually but there was still ice in her tone but ice the man was used to.

Every once in a while the two people would bicker the way a child and their parent would— it wasn't a secret that Adira treated McLean like a father figure and would give him all the privilege one could hold in her presence. It also wasn't a secret that the older revenant loved and cared for the queen the way he would his child, despite him having no children but even he knew at times she was as stubborn as a mule and he seemed the only one capable of getting past her resolve but there were times he wasn't able to get through to her though.

"I'm your right hand, your confidant, your friend, your advisor, I'm family to you. You might see it as disrespect but truth be told you're being stubborn and it's my duty as someone who cares about your well-being and affairs to let you know for there is no other in this building that would be willing to say it—well, there is another, but she's not here at the moment,"

The man made his queen chuckle at his honesty. Indeed there was no other besides him and the sweet brunette with the big emerald eyes that could speak to her in that manner without being reprimanded. Petra tried it in the past, but there was only so little the woman accepted.

Thoughts of Colette then permeated and in her slight inebriation, Adira was suffused with nothing but adulation for her girl, she missed her. Although she'd come back from her day's worth of activities she hadn't seen the brunette but she planned to.

"I'll think about it. I'll consider the council's intervention,"

"Good," nodded the older man.

"But when I do just know you're coming too, you're not going to make me face them alone,"

Mclean groaned. He scratched his head but inevitably agreed. "Anything for you," His kind words incited Adira to smile and afterwards downing the last of her drink.

"Go rest, I'm sure you're tired from today's shenanigans,"

"Lyra can be unendurable," he replied getting up from the chair. "Why are all the young ones so proud and unruly? You'd think they were born with an attitude,"

With a chuckle, the woman and McLean walked out the room but at door, they went their separate ways.

"I'll see you tomorrow," she said.

Adira decided to go to the infirmary to meet with the revenant who fled the massacre. The room was quiet when she stepped in but recuperating nicely was Oliver. At a glimpse of his young face, Adira's chest tightened. Shards of what could've occurred at the bar flashed within her mind and to her contempt, grief and sadness inundated; the woman felt raw and wounded. She felt like an atrocity was committed against her and secretly she plotted revenge.

"Your majesty," Oliver said when she neared him. He jumped from the bed to show his respect, bowing at her domineering presence. The woman didn't stay long but the time she stuck around she did her best to show compassion to the revenant and it showed on his visage that he appreciated her thoughtfulness. 

When Adira left the infirmary some minutes later she found Colette. She saw the girl already inside of her chamber, Lottie at her side while she curled up with a book. The woman smiled at the sight of her girls laying in her bed.

The brunette locked eyes with her and smiled but as the woman undid her braided hair, combing her fingers through it, there was an unmistakable lust twirling around inside Colette's emeralds. Neither women spoke but observed each other and at the sight of the queen's droopy eyes Colette noted her exhaustion but when Adira climbed onto the bed, throwing her head on her thighs, there was a strong liquor scent that she caught a whiff off.

"You've been drinking?"

"Please hold me," the queen whispered and without missing a beat Colette scooted down to cradle the woman's head against her chest. It wasn't often that the queen showed her vulnerability but when she did, the girl embraced the willingness.

"What do you think I should do, Colette?" Asked Adira and for a moment the girl was confused— what could she even mean?

"I showed up at that fuckers house and he lied to me but I knew he was one of the people who killed those innocent humans and my revenants, I smelled the lie. I smelled the charred wood on him and his wife, their house reeked of it, it reeked of the souls they damned. Then he threatened me, yet again. I knew it was a threat because he's that awful of a person. After I came back and had a talk with McLean he was still adamant about me running to the council, but what say you mon amour?"

Colette was at a loss for words but didn't let the queen know, she recovered quickly.

"Will it calm whatever storm is brewing?"

"It might," Adira threw a taut arm around her waist and pulled her closer, she nuzzled her face into the crook of the girl's neck, inhaling her familiarity.

"I don't want to go back to Lady Angela because there isn't much she'd be able to do and who's to say she isn't secretly egging the vampires on? Who'd say if she did encourage Edas and the others to retaliate?"

"Then I say you go to the council,"

"But that's the thing, Colette when I saw I'll be going it includes all those who were a part of the conflict and the reason I've been so adamant on evading their presence was for your comfort."

Adira rose to stare at the girl and Colette's heart fluttered at the sight of the woman's pink lips. They were plumper, softer and her face looked years younger and less solemn, she was allowing herself to feel and she allowed Colette to see it.

"They are insufferable, mon amour, they can be terrifying and closed-minded even for me, so you can imagine what that experience would be like for you, someone who's new to this world,"

"I understand,"

The woman clasped her hand over hers. "Whatever you say I will do. If you tell me to ignore them I will, if you tell me to fight, I will but please help me decide,"  

"As long as you're there at the hearing with me I think I'll be okay," answered the young woman and Adira smiled.

"I will slap the hell out of anyone who even bats an eye at you,"

Colette cackled. Adira turned to Lottie who laid on the bed with her ears twitching at their conversation.

"I will fight to the death to protect you too mademoiselle," said Adira with a slight slur to her speech.

"You're so hammered, come here,"

Colette tried to make the woman lay down but Adira gently pushed her back into the bed and climbed in between her legs, forcing them apart with her body. She placed sloppy kisses against the girl's exposed chest, listening to her moan while her lips trailed against her delicious skin.

The woman moved her hips in small circles, excited to feel her bare skin against Colette's. "I wish to have my head crushed by your thighs," she breathed heavily, engulfing Colette's lips, and the girl tasted the liquor on her warm tongue, moaning at the savoury taste.

"I'm a woman of my word and I will make it up for leaving you the entire day," she said, her voice huskier, desperate.

Colette moaned sharply when Adira grabbed her chest and fondled it roughly.

"Wow," the girl mumbled breathily when the woman started sucking on her nipple through her shirt. She couldn't wait for her majesty to slut her out for the second consecutive night thought the excited girl. However, a look across the bed revealed Lottie whose bright eyes observed them and chuckling to herself, Colette garnered the queen's attention.

"She needs to go,"

"You're right," agreed the queen and she allowed the brunette to get up and quietly Colette scurried out of the room with Lottie.

"Mommy's about to get her body rocked," she said in a hushed tone, putting the animal in her room. "So do me a favour and stay here okay?"

As she attempted to leave, the dog started to follow her. "Oh no baby, I'm so sorry but you have to stay,"

Lottie gazed at her, flexing her head from side to side and Colette groaned.

"Don't look at me like that, you're making me feel guilty but this is the queen's time, you had me all day,"

She attempted to leave once more and again the dog followed.

"Okay, fine I'll spend two minutes. I'll tuck you in and I'll kiss you good night and after that, I'm gone," Colette found the dog's bed and she sat next to it. Instead of laying in it, Lottie laid with her face in the girl's lap.

As promised Colette spent a few minutes with her baby before getting up to find the queen again. When she got inside the room, Colette stared with amusement at the woman who curled up against the pillows fast asleep. Adira's face was tucked in between her pillows and the one Colette claimed as hers the woman hugged to her body.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78 0 1
Not wanting to give up on finding love, Katherine finds herself wanting to give up - for one night. Hoping to forget her hazardous dating history, sh...
590K 27K 100
Due to an instance of sabotage, Rosalie loathes Joanna Spencer. Suffice to say that Rosalie would, if she could, throttle Joanna and after four long...
2.8K 90 30
[COMPLETED] 'She is afraid yet so fearless, she is a child yet hides the power beneath her skin, she is so calm yet so dangerous, she seems foolish y...
180K 12.4K 44
Forsaking God to kiss someone you hate might not be a smart decision, but damn does it hurt good. ✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.*✧.* Judith was never su...