Ryuko x Male Reader Insert |...

By Plumthumb

I had been writing this story in my mind for a while, so I thought I might as well share it with some other p... More

Chapter 1: Remastered
Chapter 2: Return to Form
Chapter 3: Rest & Relaxation
Chapter 4: To be Tardy is Unacceptable!
Chapter 5: 1/3 of Rufio
Chapter 6: The Kendo Master
Chapter 7: Rule one of fight club...
Chapter 8: Election Time
Chapter 9: And now it begins...
Chapter 10: Nui Harime
Chapter 11: A Grim Reminder
Chapter 12: A Little More Like You
Chapter 13: Private Military Company
Chapter 14: Kinslayer
Chapter 15: Father vs Son
Chapter 16: Not Even 1,000 Stabs...
Chapter 17: Kids Are Cruel
Chapter 18: Second Look (Lemon)
Chapter 19: Cold Wind
Chapter 20: The Monsoon of Destruction
Chapter 21: Don't lose your way
Chapter 22: The Long Night (Lemon)

Chapter 24: Time With You (Finale)

3.1K 27 10
By Plumthumb

The heat grew worse and worse as Y/N picked up speed. Falling back down to earth, he desperately clawed at the silhouettes that fought further up.

'Dammit! I need to get back up there! I NEED TO!'  Y/N's mind desperately raced as he tried to will himself upwards to little avail. 'Ryuko's up there... all on her own...'  In his flailing, Y/N turned himself around to see the planet's surface quickly approaching him. 'This can't be it for me. This can't be it for us!'  Y/N suddenly felt an empty feeling in his stomach. 'We don't deserve this... we haven't even graduated... this isn't fair!'  As the ground quickly approached, Y/N tensed up even more. He wasn't unfamiliar with fear of death, but it'd never felt so overwhelming before. 'I can't die here... I shouldn't die here! I... I barely even got a day with her...'  Y/N clenched his fists as his anger boiled over. 

"We don't deserve this!" Y/N shouted. "We deserve more time togeth-"

Y/N woke up with a gasp. An empty feeling lingered in his stomach, and his arms and legs felt weak. He took a few deep breaths before slowly turning his head to look right next to him. Ryuko was fast asleep; peacefully lying there turned towards him. Y/N looked at himself a bit before letting out a quiet laugh. 

"Good grief," he chuckled, feeling more anger welling up inside him. He quietly got out of bed, trying not to wake Ryuko. He put on some jeans and made his way towards the balcony of the room. He saw the sun rising past the overlook as he sat down in one of the chairs & started taking more deep breaths again. 

"What are you doing up this early?" Y/N quickly turned, shaken by the sudden voice. Ryuko was rubbing her eyes, standing in the doorway to the balcony.

"Oh, nothing... bad dream," Y/N explained. "Did I wake you up? Sorry..." Ryuko smiled.

"It's cool," she said, sitting next to you in the chair. "So what's up?"

"Huh?" Y/N asked

"What was the dream?" she asked.

"Oh." Y/N hesitated. "Nothing."

"Is that why you're out here panting like-" Ryuko cut herself off. "Look, if you don't wanna tell me, you don't gotta." Y/N thought for a minute. The more he tried to keep himself under control, the more his anger kept rising.

"It was that rainbow haired bitch," Y/N spat. He took a deep breath. "She... just like a couple days ago, we were fighting her and she knocked me back down. I just-" Y/N felt his voice breaking. "It felt like that was it..." He felt Ryuko's hand on his shoulder.

"It's over," she reminded him. "She can't hurt us anymore."

"I know. I just-" Y/N hesitated. "Death's been a possibility my whole life. But then... I couldn't stop thinking about it, ya know? ...I Felt like I'd never see you again." Y/N took a few deep breaths. "I know she's gone, and I know it doesn't make sense to feel like this, but... I just can't help it..." Silence lingered in the air for what felt like an eternity. Y/N couldn't look at Ryuko no matter how hard he tried.

"C'mere," Ryuko said, breaking the silence and pulling Y/N into a hug. Y/N started to sob into her, letting it all out. "It'll all be okay... we just need time." 

"Wake up you lazy slackers!"

Y/N woke up again to the sound of a shrill voice. He rubbed his eyes as he tried to make sense of his surroundings. He was lying in Ryuko's arms in one of the chairs on the balcony. He looked up and saw Nonon, Sanageyama, and Inumuta standing in the doorway.

"Oh, hey Nonon," Y/N said, standing up as he yawned. "What are you guys doing here?" 

"Ever heard of knockin'?" Ryuko complained.

"Yup. Already tried it," Sanageyama explained.

"But you two couldn't be bothered to answer," Nonon continued. "Jesus, it's already noon. How long were you two up?!" Y/N felt his face heat up a little as he thought about last night. He looked at Ryuko, who also seemed to be blushing. "Actually you know what? We don't need to know." Inumuta's eyes suddenly lit up as he turned to Nonon.

"Not entirely true." Inumuta objected. "That data could prove valuable for our-" 

"Nnnnnope!" Nonon interrupted, turning & beckoning the other two to follow her. "Regardless, the festival's today. You slackers should prolly get ready." Y/N scratched his head.

"Wait, where's Gamagori?" Y/N asked. Inumuta turned back to them.

"Well, as we mentioned earlier, we did try knocking." Inumuta explained. "And when there was no answer, Gamagori refused to-"

"Got it. Thanks." Y/N said. The 3 exited the door. Y/N turned to Ryuko, feeling a bit loopy from the whole situation. "So wait, I'm confused. What happened, Ryuko?"

"Well, you remember waking up earlier this morning, right?" Ryuko asked.

"Oh yeah..." Y/N trailed off, recalling the events from earlier.

"Yeah, at some point you dozed off, so I figured I'd follow suit." Ryuko explained. 

"Right... yeah, sorry about earlier..." Y/N said, looking down. "I dunno what was going on." Ryuko walked over to him.

"Don't be," she said, giving him a peck on the cheek. "You don't gotta worry about opening up with me." Ryuko pulled him into another hug. 

"Thanks," Y/N whispered, hugging her back.

"Always," she whispered back, pulling away. "No wonder you were so passionate last night," she said with a slight laugh. Y/N let out a little laugh too. 

"Hoping that's a good thing," Y/N nervously chuckled. Ryuko walked back over to him, looking to the side with a little blush. 

"Yeah... it was nice... wouldn't mind more of it," she reassured him, slowly moving her hand across his crotch. 

"Ryuko... now?" Y/N asked, breathing a little heavier. She responded by moving her hand into his pants and slowly brushing her hand across him. He slowly moved his hand towards her chest.

"Hmm... nah, not now. We've got a festival to get ready for," Ryuko reminded him, removing her hand with a smirk. "But hang onto that for after the festival," she winked at him. 

"Deal," Y/N agreed, returning the smirk.

Y/N looked at himself in the mirror, examining his new outfit. Admittedly the dark tank top looked fine on him, though the grey pants (though admittedly nice) felt a little bland. 

"You got this, man. It'll go fine," Y/N reassured himself. He walked out of the dressing room and went to look for Ryuko. "I wonder what she's-" Y/N stopped as he saw Ryuko. She was wearing a white & blue zipped up short-sleeved jacket, with a black skirt over red leggings that Y/N recognized from the previous night. 

"We ready to go?" Ryuko asked.

"Yeah... let's go do this," Y/N said, scratching the back of his neck.

Y/N felt a bit overwhelmed as they entered the courtyard of the school. It seemed like everyone turned to look at them as they walked in. Y/N heard several murmurs from the crowd. Y/N felt his stomach turn a little.

"Hey, Y/N, come with me," Ryuko said, gently leading him into the hallway. Y/N took a few deep breaths as he leaned against the hallway. "You okay?" she asked, concerned.

"Yeah... I just wasn't..." Y/N stammered. "They all had their eyes on us."

"Well, we did kinda save them from Ragyo," Ryuko pointed out.

"Yeah, I know," Y/N admitted. "I just... I think I'd rather be somewhere a bit more quiet." Ryuko nodded.

"I getcha. Wanna watch the fireworks from the roof?" Ryuko asked. Y/N thought a bit, then nodded.

As Ryuko sat down on the room, she unzipped her jacket & took it off. Underneath she was wearing a tight low-cut tank top that drew Y/N's eyes right to her chest. 

"Figured we'd prolly wind up alone at some point," Ryuko explained, sliding down her skirt. "Didn't feel comfortable wearing just this in front of everyone else... but it's fine with you." Y/N felt a little lightheaded. She sat down, pulling Y/N to sit down next to her.

"Looks good on you," Y/N admitted.

"Yeah... thanks," she replied. They sat in silence for a while, watching the fireworks shoot up from the courtyard.

"You were right... I need time," Y/N admitted as another firework shot past them. "I know they all just wanna thank me, but... I guess I just need time to process it all." He felt Ryuko's head on his shoulder.

"Yeah. Go at your own pace," Ryuko pointed out. "Just remember though, it's already over."

"Yeah... I guess you're right," Y/N agreed. He could slightly make out a figure headed towards them. Y/N squinted and saw Satsuki walking towards them. "I mean, we managed to beat Ragyo and the life fibers... seriously doubt we'll ever run into anything that even comes close."

Y/N suddenly felt his heart drop into his stomach as a shadowy figure descended from above Satsuki & a sword plunged right through her chest. Y/N didn't even feel Ryuko jump to her feet and charge the figure, before being tossed off the roof. Y/N closed his eyes and grabbed his head.

"It isn't real... it isn't real," Y/N assured himself. When he opened his eyes, Satsuki and the shadowy figure were gone. "Whew, for a second-" Y/N started, turning towards Ryuko. He stopped dead in his tracks as he realized the person sitting next to him was the figure from earlier. A man with long hair and a black coat sat next to him with a grin. Y/N's heart sank as he scampered backwards away from the man.

"Sorry to interrupt such a... touching reunion," the man muttered. He walked over to Y/N and raised him to his feet. "But the timeline requires correction..." Y/N felt several phrases freeze in his throat. He willed himself to yell. To scream at the man for what he'd done. But only one word made it through.

"...Correction?" Y/N asked, frozen in fear.

"The anomaly must be plucked from the timeline," the man explained, pointing at Y/N. "You. The timeline has been altered too much... and it requires correction..." 

"Still tired, Y/N? Or are you just happy to see me?" Y/N awoke to the sound of Satsuki's amused voice. Y/N stared for a moment, trying to make sense of what just happened. He didn't remember passing out, and yet... it seemed like everything he'd just seen hadn't happened. "...you alright?" 

"Huh? Yeah... I just feel like I dodged a bullet," Y/N explained. Ryuko looked a little concerned. 

'Whatever the hell that was... maybe I'm just seeing things? Maybe the altitude's getting to me? Or maybe... maybe I just avoided something must worse.'  

"Thanks for the stuff you left us though," Y/N blurted out, suddenly covering his mouth in embarrassment. Satsuki grinned, walking over to Ryuko. 

"Mind if I borrow her for a minute?" Satsuki asked.

"Uh... fine by me," Y/N said. Ryuko stood up and followed Satsuki a few yards away. Y/N could overhear them talking about something, though he couldn't tell what. He could make out a little bit of laughter from Satsuki, and it looked like Ryuko was blushing a bit. 

'Are they talking about-'

Y/N was snapped out of his thoughts as the two made their way back over.

"I'm glad you two enjoyed your time," Satsuki chuckled, patting Ryuko on the back. "Enjoy the rest of your night." Satsuki walked away, leaving Ryuko to sit back down with Y/N. 

"So... what'd you tell her?" Y/N asked.

"N-nothing!" Ryuko insisted, face still red. 

"Uh-huh..." Y/N said, deadpan. 

"What was that about just now?!" Ryuko asked, changing the subject as another firework flew past them. "Why'd you suddenly pass out?"

"I... I don't really know," Y/N admitted. "Maybe I'm still just tired from earlier." The two sat down, still watching the fireworks. Y/N pulled Ryuko in closer; their faces separated by a couple inches. "I love you," Y/N said, pulling her in for a kiss. He felt his heart pumping like before as they sat there making out. Ryuko took a breath as they finally pulled apart.

"I... I love you too," she replied. There was something about the look in her eyes; that fierce hungry look drove Y/N over the edge. Her words echoed in his mind: 'Hang onto this.'  Y/N quickly tackled her and pinned her on her stomach as he kissed her on the cheek. 

"How about here?" Y/N asked. Ryuko looked around. 

"Someone could come up here..." she muttered. She clenched her fist. "Yeah, here sounds good." Y/N grunted before softening his tone and leaning around to her ear.

"Thanks Ryuko... thanks for everything," Y/N uttered, pulling her into another kiss.

A/N: Welp, that's a wrap, folks. Now let me address a couple of things:

1st: Is this really the final chapter? Yes and no. I might wind up writing the extended version of the 2nd lemon, and I may also wind up writing a lemon chapter that picks up where this one leaves off. Aside from that, I might wind up writing little fluff chapters that take place soon after the story, but the main story itself is done. There isn't going to be any more significant story content. So thanks for sticking with me through the creation of this, and thanks for all the feedback. It's been fun writing, and I'm sorry it took so long to get some of these chapters out.

2nd: What the heck was that vision Y/N had about? Concerning this, I wasn't lying when I said the main storyline is done. Like Y/N said, he dodged a bullet. As far as conflict and story goes, this story is done. However, that vision may wind up coming into play when I get around to writing the Satsuki x Male Reader that I intend to write at some point, so keep on the lookout for that. But as far as this story is concerned, that vision doesn't matter too much.

As always, thanks for reading! I'll see ya next time I write a chapter for something (probably the aforementioned Satsuki story in this case).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 1.1K 13
This is my first fan-fiction, I hope you enjoy, please be lenient with me if I get a detail wrong Also I do not own DxD or any of it content, all rig...
116 17 17
yes this is a story about me and gundham. I'm going to be my own character. but I love him so much can you blame me? well hope everyone enjoys. Also...
8 3 49
Direct crosspost from Ao3 This is an INTENSELY self indulgent prequel for the events of Monster Hunter World following the life of the Commander. Fic...
18.6K 423 32
Hello, and welcome to Devil's Swing!!! Information: This is a rewritten version of this story, and I'm really excited to see how my readers react. D...