Back to Basics

By KaylaWoods289

"I need you" Natalia 'Nat' Thorton is a strong willed ranch owner. She runs the ranch her father left her alo... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Finding Ground
Chapter 2: Protecting Her
Chapter 3: First Impressions
Chapter 4: Her Anchor
Chapter 5: Coffee
Chapter 6: Finding her Muse
Chapter 7: Reminiscing
Chapter 8: Radio Trouble
Chapter 9: Discoveries
Chapter 10: Sensual Touch
Chapter 11: I Turn to You
Chapter 12: Explanations
Chapter 13: Start of an Adventure
Chapter 14: Control
Chapter 15: Getting her Way
Chapter 16: Changing it Up
Chapter 17: Let Go
Chapter 18: Home
Chapter 19: Keith
Chapter 20: Finding her song
Chapter 21: Preview
Chapter 22: Julio & Naomi
Chapter 23: Bliss Before Stress
Chapter 24: Face the Music
Chapter 25: Thunder Rolls
Chapter 26: No Reception
Chapter 27:Coming Home
Chapter 28: All In
Chapter 29: Being Happy
Chapter 30: Mountains and Desires
Chapter 31: Good Morning
Chapter 32: Misunderstanding
Chapter 33: Turn on the Radio
Chapter 34: First Show Back
Chapter 35: All Mine
Chapter 36: Relocate
Chapter 37: Reflect
Chapter 38: Interview Gone Wrong
Chapter 39: Done
Chapter 40: Safely & Securely
Chapter 41: Resolve
Chapter 42: Goodbye
Chapter 43: Two More Weeks
Chapter 44: Outlaw and Storm
Chapter 45: Happy
Chapter 46: Daddy
Chapter 47: Welcome Home Princess
Chapter 48: Breaking the news
Chapter 49: My Happiness
Chapter 50: Bright Future
Chapter 51: Decisions
Chapter 52: It's Time
Chapter 53: Finally
Chapter 54: Back at It
Chapter 56: Legends
Epilogue

Chapter 55: De Ja Vu

3K 188 7
By KaylaWoods289

Cami smiled as the car pulled up to her record label. Paparazzi began swarming the car the moment it stops. She threw on her sun glasses as the driver came around to open the door before offering his hand. She gives him a gentle thank you as she is flanked with cameras and microphones. Her smile remaining intact throughout. 

Ms. Lyndel, is it true that you are no longer going to be touring?

Cassie, how does it feel to be at the top of your charts?

We here you are engaged to be married, is it true?!!

Cassie, can you comment on your latest hit?

She continues to walk through all of them not saying anything. A feeling of de ja vu washes over her but this time, her smile is genuine. The security finally come forward allowing a path for her to enter the tall building. She thanks the guards as they close the doors allowing her to be secure within the building. A few people walking around giving her big smiles as they openly stare at her. 

It had been roughly six months since she left Texas. She had stuck to her guns and recorded the newest album, released it, and then did another tour. The tour was incredible with record numbers in sells. Fans praised her for her work and supported her, giving her so much love. This is her follow up meeting and Cassie had made up her mind on what she wants for her future.

She got into the elevator which was vacant and she looked at her reflection in the mirror. She no longer saw the shell of the girl that was there last year. No longer feeling the weight of the world on her shoulders or the pain she carried daily. Her smile was real and light and more importantly... she felt happy. 

The elevator opened and she was on the top floor. She waved and greeted each person she passed. She was incredibly happy and nothing was going to change that. Tate's secretary, Sarah, stood when she walked towards the office. The woman was quick to open the door for Cassie making Cassie give a small thank you. The woman blushed while smiling but Cassie didn't pay much attention as she strolled into the office. 

The door clicks shut behind her as she strolls over to the man standing by the window. She stops just behind him silently waiting for him. She can hear him take a deep breath in before slowly exhaling. She bites her lip because he knows what is coming. He has been trying to persuade her for the last few months but to no avail. 

"I don't want to turn around because I know what you are going to say..."

"I have a feeling you do." Cass says gently. 

The tall man turns around looking at her with such tenderness. It melts Cassie's heart looking at this man who has become such a father to her throughout her career. His lips pull down in the corners as he frowns at her. She takes the final step as her arms wrap around the man. He doesn't hesitate hugging the young blonde beauty back. She holds him for a few minutes before pulling back. He straightens his shoulders putting on his business face. The sight almost making Cassie laugh. He steps back over to his desk and Cassie follows sitting down in the chair in front of his desk. 

"So, you have officially made 4 albums with Marx Records in the last 5 years. You have won countless awards, sold out stadiums at almost every venue, and have been the top artist in Billboards for the last 8 weeks straight not including times prior with your other records."

"I have." She says in a confident voice. 

"You are in high demand. No one can deny your talent. You have so many opportunities in front of you."

"I do." She says locking her eyes with his. 

They both look to each other as the room falls silent. Cassie can see the way his brows pull together in what appears to be confusion. She has to bite her cheek from smiling at the expression. 

"And yet... you want to step away from all of it."

"No..." Cassie says shaking her head looking down at her hands. The princess ring still sitting where it had been since the day she left. A soft reminder of what all waits for her future. A warmth spreads through her and she has no doubt as she looks back up into her mentor's eyes. "I want to live my life my way."

Tate sits back in his seat tapping his finger on his desk while he looks at her. She seems completely different from what sat before him 5 years ago. She has grown and matured before his eyes. As happy as he was for her, he also felt like he was loosing his golden star. Cassie straightens herself up sitting forward slightly.

"I have come to realize that the awards, the fans, and the praise... it isn't what matters most to me anymore." Tate raises a brow at her in question. "I have been singing my heart out for the last few months and after every concert, the only thing I want to see is my family."

Tate smiles gently looking down at his lap. He knew that Cassie moving to Texas was a double edge sword. He knew she would find peace but he may loose her in the process. It has come to pass that the Cassie that was exuberant walking into his office all those years ago has returned but more regal. He looks back up at her. 

"You are ready to be with them?"

With that a beaming smile lights up her face. The smile that is only reserved when she speaks about them. He chuckles knowing he has lost this battle. He stands rounding his desk with open arms. She stands up grinning ear to ear as she hugs him tightly. His hand smoothing down her hair as he hugs the girl that had become so much more than just an artist to him. She leans back making him release her. She takes his hands into her own. 

"Do you have any idea how grateful I am for you?"

"Enough to leave me?" He jokes making the young beauty roll her eyes. 

"I'm not leaving you. I'm just leaving the label. You will always be family to me... as long as you want to continue being a part of mine." He chuckles gently nodding his head. "Thank you for believing in me when no one else did."

He scoffs at her. "I will always believe in you."

She smiles gently at him. "Thank you... for everything Tate. For being my mentor, for lifting me up... for becoming a dad to me."

Tate's gaze softens tremendously as he brings her back into his arms holding her in a secure and loving hug. The man felt her relax against him and his heart melted in his chest. This wonderful woman made him feel proud. He was not ready to let her go just yet. Cassie smiled leaning her head against her mentor's chest. He was a big part of her life and she hoped they would continue to remain close. 

A knock at the door had Tate releasing Cassie. The door opened and Sarah walked in with a folder that she gently laid on the desk before silently making her way out. Tate stepped away from Cassie picking up the folder before handing it over to Cassie. She looked at him with a raised brow before opening the folder. A smirk coming to her lips before looking back up at him. 

Termination of Contract

"Figured it would be better to have it prepared."

She laughed heartily as she walked over picking up a pen before signing the dotted line.
She sat down the pen slowly looking at the document for a long moment. She realized how significant this moment was after closing the folder. She was officially free...

"Is Jackson enjoying fatherhood?"

She smiled gently turning to Tate leaning against his desk. Her mind going back to the last year or so. Jackson was the most proud dad and it brought her pure joy to see it. She never experienced that kind of pride before as a child and here her godchild was getting it endlessly. He flew home every chance he had even if it was for only two days. He made it count and came back with whole new round of photos to show her. His love for not only Rose but for Natalia knew no bounds it seemed. 

"Tremendously" She grinned as the man chuckled shaking his head. 

"Did you know he revised his contract earlier this month?" She furrowed her brows unaware of that. "Yeah, he stated that once you were done- he would only be working with authors which reduced his travel immensely."

She couldn't hide the grin hearing that. She knew he was over traveling. He wanted to be with Natalia and Rose. They were his life now...

"Tate, I have a favor to ask of you?"

"Oh good lord woman! You just left me... and now you're asking for a favor??" He states amused. 

She rolled her eyes but pushed off his desk walking up to him. Her fingers going to the lapel of his jacket as she gripped it. "Do. Not. Change... Remain the good man you are."

He could feel his eyes begin to swell as he dropped his gaze down with a beautiful smile on his lips. He looked back up at his little star bringing her in for another hug. Cassie giggled as he seemed to be doing it a lot today. She didn't mind. This was her dad after all. 

"Oh!" She jumps back looking at him with wide eyes. "And when I need you to walk me down the aisle, you better be there."

He chuckled at her, "I wouldn't miss it for the world."

She grinned as she got on her tip toes and pecked his cheek before stepping back. They both look to each other silently for a moment before Cassie gave him a firm nod. He returned it before she stepped around him walking to the door. He turned watching her walk out aware that he had just lost his best artist. She turned back one last time looking at him. 

"See you soon dad."

With that, she walked out leaving the older man with a trembling lip as a tear slips down his cheek. He took a moment as he recalled the first time she walked through the door and now watching her leave. So much had passed through that time but most importantly, she had grown up. He chuckled to himself as he let the tears roll down his cheeks as he went over to the massive window looking down at the city below. 

Cassie got into the elevator feeling a bitter sweet sensation spread through her. Her eyes finding her reflection once again. The ride was swift to the bottom level when she exited to the lobby. The security guards already standing by the doors. She put back on her sunglasses as she opened the door. Cameras began going off again but the guards kept them at bay. She continued walking with her head down. 

"Ready to go home princess?"

With that her head snapped up. Standing against his truck with a sexy smile was the man of her dreams. She squealed running directly at him and threw her body into his. The mountain of a man capturing her with ease. Her legs going around his waist and his hands finding her ass. She brought her lips down to his so happy to finally be in his arms. The cameras capturing the entire thing but neither of them caring the least. His arms continued holding her close as they made out in front of all the flashes. 

Keith had come to visit her a few times but it was hard. Cassie admitted to him that she it was harder letting him go each time. They had agreed about 4 months ago that he would wait until she was done with the tour so that way they could have some time together. Cassie had no idea that he was planning on driving out to California to get her. 

After another minute of kissing him, she finally pulled back before hugging him like a koala. She could feel his chest rumble against hers. The sound making her smile happily. It had been too long since she heard that. She pulled back still in his arms looking into his eyes. 

"I didn't know you were coming?"

"I had to wage war with Talia to come get you but she finally relented..."

"Oh do tell how you made that happen?" She asks highly intrigued. 

"I waited until she fell asleep and hid her keys."

She threw her head back laughing picturing how mad Nat was going to be. She could picture her cussing out Keith later on. Cass shook her head before pulling him back in for another passionate kiss. At this very moment, she was happy he was here.

"Cassie, is this your fiancé?"

"Ms. Lyndel, are you in love?"

"Are you pregnant Cassie?"

Cassie slid down Keith as she took his hand turning around to face the group of reporters. Keith stood silently as she beamed at the cameras. 

"The man standing next to me is the love of my life. I hope one day to be lucky enough to become his wife and the mother of his children. For now, I am content with being his girlfriend. Thank you everyone!"

She waved and turned back around as Keith opened the door to his truck. Cassie was helped in as Keith blocked the reporters view of her climbing in before he shut the door and went around to the driver side. The reporters continued flashing their cameras getting as many shots as they could before the truck pulled away from the curb. Keith reached over taking Cassie's hand into his own bringing it up to his lips giving it a soft kiss. Cassie's stomachs doing flips from the gesture. 

"By the way princess... You will be."

Cassie tilted her head in question. "Will be what?"

"My wife, the mother to my children, my everything.."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 118 17
Dela left the small-town life for bigger and brighter things. When she is called back to that small town she is forced to make decisions she never th...
30.6K 3.2K 60
||COMPLETE|| Amber Blake is having dreams, and they just might be the key to saving her best friend, Mark. Unfortunately, she's too preoccupied prete...
223 31 26
Jessie White isn't your average woman. She's a Southern woman. Some women at the age of twenty-four are still in college or starting a new job. Jessi...
2.5M 52.4K 43
I left him. I never thought in a million years I would be the one to walk, but I was. I left the man I was madly in love with, I had no idea where I...