A Scarlet Crown (Scarlet #1)

By thehoneyedwriter

Farren was told to never go beyond the borders that separated her town from the woodland. Hearing stories of... More

A Scarlet Crown
1. "There is no happily ever after"
2. "Something happened last night"
3. "You can't leave town"
4. "Myths And Legends"
5. "Maybe he'll help us"
6. "Duh Farren, it's a castle"
7. "I'm a werewolf"
8. "Stupid Planes"
9. "Maybe it's just coincidence"
10. "you'll be grey before you marry"
11. "He's heartless"
12. "I'd rather him fall head over heels down a cliff"
14. "An idiot who has absolutely nothing to hide"
A/N
15. "Those who drown will die"
16. "Dumb mate thing"
17. "Needle 'n Thread"
18. "Please wake up"
19. "Apple Swirvels"
20. "Don't you like me Chérie?"
21. "I'm gonna kill him"
22. "This is a really comfortable couch"
23. "I'm a Werewolf King, not Poseidon"
24. "You smell really nice"
25. "Why can't you just accept me?"
26. "A Greek Witch"
27. "I guess love hurt both of us"
28. "I choose to respect your privacy"
29. "Dance with me"
30. "Code Red"
31. "My Cursed, Scarlet Crown King"
Complete
Other Book

13. "Wonderful. I'm sick"

5K 165 15
By thehoneyedwriter

Astrid S - Hurts So Good

Three days.

I have not seen Caelum in three days. The last I saw him was in the kitchen, where he told me the rules I have to follow.

Rule 1. Do not talk to any unmated males.

Rule 2. Do not leave the castle without my personal guard.

Rule 3. Do not enter his room.

And that was it. Within the three days I made some friends, well, I don't know if I could call them friends, but yeah. I met the castle chef and he made the best pancakes ever, it turns out Christina is the chef for the pack and Sam is the chef for the castle. He's twenty-five, he met his mate two years ago, she's one of the school teachers.

I looked around the castle, but I didn't go where I was told not to go, as much as I wanted to. I didn't explore the entire castle and I was getting bored, Caelum told me I wasn't allowed to cook at the packhouse anymore, I wasn't allowed to do anything.

So now I'm currently in the sitting room watching TVD with Anna, Mila, and Hadley. Hadley is my personal guard, when we first met, she was uptight, but after she warmed up to Anna and me.

Mila and Anna are arguing about who's better, Klaus or Damon "Damon is better" Mila states, Anna shakes her head "No. Klaus is better, Damon has issues"

"So does Klaus, Klaus daggered his brothers" Mila throws a pillow at Anna, she catches the pillow and says "Damon killed a pregnant woman!"

They continue arguing, I look at Hadley "They crazy, Stefan is the best" I tell her and she agrees "I know right"

Anna and Mila snap their heads in our direction "NO! Stefan went on a friggin killing spree" this time Hadley spoke, "Stefan is the sweetest person ever!"

I sit there and watch their argument unfold. A loud voice stops the arguing "What's going on here?"

Hadley stands up immediately "Alpha"

He stares into my eyes "Leave" his eyes not leaving mine, the girls leave and I get up to leave as well. His hand finds my arm and he pulls me back "Not you. Sit" I narrow my eyes "Woof" I imitate a dog.

"What do you want Alpha?" I ask, his green eyes narrow "Don't call me that" he growls and I scoff "Why? I thought you wanted respect"

He clenches his fists "I will NOT tolerate this, you are mine. You will obey me!"

I cross my arms "I'm not an object, you don't own me. If I'm yours then you're equally mine" he bends down so we face to face, he roughly grips my chin "Think again. I now control you. What you do, where you go, will be decided by me"

I chuckle bitterly "You can't control me, it's funny that you think I'm one of those girls who will listen and obey, I wasn't raised to be weak and to be under a man who thinks the world of himself" I don't show the fear that I feel inside.

His eyes start turning color, I could practically feel the anger coming off him "Anna-" I cut him off "There you go again. Threatening my family, it's pathetic really" I don't give him time to respond, I get up and run out. I run through the garden, I stop running when I see Anna and Mila.

"What happened?" Anna asks and I burst into tears "What did my brother do?" Mila asks, only for me to hear.

They both hug me, we spend some time in Anna's room. It gets kinda dark so I decided to head back to the castle, Mila didn't come cause she's spending the night with one of her friends.

I go to the front, there are no guards waiting outside so I pull on the door, but it's locked. Strange. I walk to the kitchen door but it's locked too. I run into the garden and try to open the sliding door, but it's locked.

I peep through the glass and see Caelum sitting on one of the couches by the fireplace, he has a book in his hand. I knock on the glass and he looks at me for a moment before returning his gaze to his book.

That little brat.

I knock on the glass again, this time he chooses to ignore me. He did this on purpose, he locked me out.

He wants to be like that, fine.

I walk to the gate but a guard stops me, where did they come from, they weren't here when I came in "I apologize Luna, but Alpha said you aren't allowed to leave the castle grounds" he tells me.

"I'm just going to the packhouse" I step around him, but he stops me "I'm sorry, he said you cannot leave"

That bastard. He wants me to stay outside.

I march back to the garden sliding door, I bang on it this time. He gets up from his seat and walks to the door. About time, I thought he would leave me here.

But instead of opening, he stands in front of me and smirks, he turns on his heel and walks away.

I bang on the door again "HEY. LET ME IN!" I scream, but it's no use. Suddenly I feel a drop of water hit my face.

Oh, no.

Rain.

No, please. I'm going to be stuck in the rain, I bang on the glass hoping I break it, but it seems unbreakable.

That wet sock comes back with a plate of cupcakes in his one hand and in the other a steaming cup of something. He places it on the table and takes his jacket off, he now stands in sweatpants and a t-shirt that fits him perfectly.

He picks up a fluffy blanket and covers himself, after some time he drifts into sleep. How can he sleep? I'm cold, wet and so close to catching a cold while he's sleeping in a nice warm place. I sit down. On the floor!

The rain starts coming down harder and I start to sneeze.

Great! Just great!

My sneezing doesn't stop, my clothes start sticking to my body. I'm so tired, I peek through the window.

Asshole, he's still sleeping.

Maybe I can close my eyes for a little bit, I rest my head against the cool glass door and shut my eyes.

~~~~~

I have such a bad headache and my nose is so stuffy.

I push my head further into my pillow. Wait, what? Pillow?

I lift my head. I'm in my bed, not on the hard cold floor.

How did I get here?

Achoo!!

Wonderful. I'm sick.

I get out of bed, wrap myself in a blanket and proceed downstairs, the kitchen is my first destination. I walk into the kitchen, but Sam isn't here, instead it's the wet sock.

His back is faced to me, oh his beautiful back.

No Farren! You sick because of him.

I open the cupboard and take out my ingredients to make a coffee.

ACHOO!!

Damn sneeze.

He turns to look at me "You locked me out yesterday"

"I know" I gape at him "I'm sick because of you," I tell him angrily

He looks at me with a bored expression "What do you want me to do about it?" And he walks out.

Ugh!! He makes me wanna pull my hair out.

I feel half dead. I'm alive, but dead at the same time. I'm going back to bed.

I walk up the stairs, my legs feeling heavier with each step I take, I finally reach my room. I walk in to find Hadley sitting on one of the chairs, she sees me and smiles at me.

"How are you feeling?" she asks

I look at her confused "How did you know I was sick?"

"I heard some guards talking about it," she says

She turns around and grabs a bowl from my desk "Here, I asked Sam to make this for you, it'll help with your cold" she hands me the soup "Thank you, Hadley"

Hadley leaves and I eat the soup, after that, I drift into sleep.

I don't know how long I slept, but I woke up to an annoying Mila shaking me "Wake up!"

I groan "What do you want Mila?"

"How are you feeling?" I glare at her "You woke me up to ask me how I'm feeling?"

She smiles and nods "I'm not feeling well" she looks at me for a while and her eyes light up "When we were small, we didn't have our wolves so it was normal for us to get sick and hurt without healing fast"

"Okay...and?"

"My mom used to give me this other mixture when I was sick, it worked liked magic"

I sit up and wait for her to go on "Wait here, I'll go get it"

I mumble "I wasn't planning on waking up" as she walks away to get the mixture, and I collapse back onto my bed.

Mila reappears after a few moments with a small glass container containing a clear liquid, she hands me the bottle "Here you go" I take it and drink from it.

It has a berry smell but, an odd taste to it, bitter and sweet at the same time. "Yuck, what is this?" I exclaim and she laughs.

"Take it again before you sleep, you should wake up tomorrow feeling good as new," she tells me "All right, thank you, Mila," I thank her and she embraces me and walks away.

I'll decide to take a bath, I walk into the bathroom and fill the bathtub, my eyes wander around the bathroom, I open the cabinet next to the bath to discover a variety of bath products. Bath bombs, essential oils, coconut milk, bath petals, and a whole lot more are all available.

I take the bubble bath bottle and pour half of the light pink liquid into the water, then I take each bottle and jar from the cabinet and pour half into the tub.

I'm sick because of him, so I'm going to take a bath and relax. I check the temperature of the water by dipping my toes into it, it's perfect. I sigh as I cautiously enter the bath and pick up my phone from the side table to turn on some music.

My thoughts turn to Caelum; what have I done to him? Why does he seem to despise me so much? Why can't he be like Caiden? Sweet, friendly, and considerate.

My music is cut off by my phone ringing, I pick it up and see Caiden's name flash on the screen.

"Hello"

"Hey Fare" my mouth curved into a smile "How are you feeling? I heard you caught a cold"

I sigh "Yeah. I did, It's slowly going away"

"That's good, I'm sure you'll feel better tomorrow"

"Mila gave me this other mixture, she said it works like magic" he chuckles on the other side "My mother use to give me that when I was younger, I absolutely hated it"

I laugh "I don't like it, it tastes horrible"

"I know, I would run away and hide when my mother wanted me to take it" I laugh louder, picturing a young Caiden running away.

"How are things with you and Caelum?" my smile drops and my laughter dies "Do you want the truth truth or a lie truth?"

He sighs "The truth truth"

"Caiden I don't things are going to get better, I want to try, but what's the use of trying if it's only going to be one-sided?"

"Don't give up Fare"

I change the subject "How are things going for you? what's it like running a pack?"

He lets out a long sigh "It's tiring, but the pack is like a family. You should come to visit"

I scoff "Like Caelum would let me"

"I'm sure he will"

"I can try asking" I can practically hear his smile "Great!"

"Ow Cade, my ear"

"Sorry"

"Can I ask you something?" I ask

"Shoot"

"Things got really awkward between Raphael and me when we found out I was Caelum's mate, why?"

It goes silent for some time, then he speaks "When Caelum and Raphael were younger, they were really close, they were always together. I was close to River and Mila. Something happened between them and from that day Caelum never trusted Raphael again"

Mmm "What happened? If you don't mind me asking"

"I don't know if I can say," he tells me softly

I stay silent and he speaks again "Okay, I can't tell you everything, but I can tell you that Caelum dated a girl, but she cheated on him and Raphael knew about it, he didn't tell Caelum and that kinda broke their bond. After that day Raphael was jealous, he was jealous that Caelum got what he wanted, he was jealous that Caelum was chosen to be King, and now he hates that he got to you first, but you Caelum's mate"

Caelum liked someone, he was once capable of love.

Is he pushing me away because of his broken heart?

"I did not expect that" I mumble

"Yeah. Listen, I have something that I have to do"

"Okay. Bye"

"Bye Fare"

I hang up and put my phone on the side table.

Caiden said that he can't tell me everything, which means there's more to the story, I should just leave it, walk away from it, but I can't.

I have to know.

~~~~~

Okayyyy...so, he left her out in the rain.

Do ya'll think Caelum has trust issues?

Vote 💖

Let me know your thoughts and comment

Love ya, hugs and Oreo's

Zel

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 47.4K 39
*SLOW UPDATES * 𝑺𝒚𝒇𝒂𝒔 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒍, The respected Dragon king who shows no remorse or kindness to anything that breathes. He's known for his hosti...
1.7M 70.8K 70
"You're angry, frustrated. You want some form of release. I can help you with what you want." I drop my hand to trace the edge of his wrist sensually...
92 2 34
Kairos is the name, just your average magically gifted Guardian running from her problems... Years ago I walked away from my home, Empire Island, and...
298K 11.3K 38
It should have been easy as "1.2.3". 1- turn 18 2 - find your mate 3 - be happily mated together for ever. What isn't easy is fate. It can be kind...