Indelible Affairs

By linnetplacid

JAMES ANDREW SCOTT has three things, a wealthy family legacy, an arranged fake relationship with Merissa Maxw... More

Characters
⚜️Chapter 1⚜️
⚜️Chapter 2⚜️
⚜️Chapter 3⚜️
⚜️Chapter 4⚜️
⚜️Chapter 5⚜️
⚜️Chapter 6⚜️
Playlist
⚜️ Chapter 7⚜️
⚜️Chapter 8⚜️
⚜️Chapter 9⚜️
⚜️Chapter 10⚜️
⚜️Chapter 11⚜️
⚜️ Chapter 12⚜️
⚜️Chapter 13⚜️
⚜️Chapter 14⚜️
⚜️Chapter 15⚜️
⚜️Chapter 16⚜️
⚜️chapter 17⚜️
⚜️Chapter 19⚜️
⚜️Chapter 20⚜️
🔑 Chapter 21🔑
🔑Chapter 22🔑
🔑Chapter 23🔑
⚜️Chapter 24⚜️
🔑Chapter 25🔑
⚜️ Chapter 26⚜️
⚜️Chapter 27⚜️
🔑Chapter 28🔑
⚜️Chapter 29⚜️
⚜️Chapter 30⚜️
⚜️ Chapter 31⚜️
🔑 Chapter 32🔑
🔑Chapter 33🔑
⚜️ Chapter 34⚜️
⚜️ Chapter 35⚜️
🔑Chapter 36🔑
⚜️ Chapter 37⚜️
⚜️ Chapter 38⚜️
🔑Chapter 39🔑
⚜️Chapter 41⚜️
🔑 Chapter 42🔑
⚜️Chapter 43⚜️
⚜️ Chapter 44⚜️
⚜️Chapter 45⚜️
⚜️ Chapter 46⚜️
⚜️Chapter 47⚜️
⚜️Chapter 48⚜️
⚜️ Chapter 49⚜️
⚜️ Chapter 50⚜️

⚜️Chapter 18⚜️

1.5K 68 128
By linnetplacid

"It doesn't work like that." Lucy furrowed her eyebrows at Will in confusion.

Will helping out Lucy with philosophy.

Shocker..I know.

I don't know at what point these two started talking without trying to get at each other's throats. I'm clearly missing something.

"I don't mean to distract you two from your ...work but I'm confused." I stared at Will and Lucy as they sat together on Lucy's bed. They were sited pretty close to each other with William leaning on the headboard of the small bed and Lucy right next to him. If one of them moved an inch, the sides of their legs would rub against each other.

"Are you having a hard time with your assignments?" Lucy asked me casually. Either she doesn't know what I'm referring to, or she's just acting clueless.

"That's not it, you know exactly what I'm referring to." I glare at William who was grinning at me in a funny way.

I don't see how any of this is amusing. It's actually freaky seeing them together like that.

"I honestly don't." Lucy leaned on the headboard causing her shoulder to collide with Will's. And I notice Will leaning into the contact, it wasn't a very obvious move, but I noticed the gesture. And I think Lucy felt that too because her cheeks flushed.

Oh my God.

Seriously, did Lucy just blush at Will?

"Are you okay? You seem pale." Will asked me with pretence worry, but I see the smirk threatening to form.

Will smirking reminds me of the comment he made at the coffee shop two weeks ago.

•If you find me fucking Lucy in your dormroom one of these days don't be shocked•

"Since when are you two civil with each other?" I direct the question to Lucy. "I don't mean to intrude but you've hated Will since the first day of freshmen year and now you guys a suddenly study partners."

Lucy laughed.

"How is this funny? No offence but this is so strange." I wave my hand.

"We aren't friends. I still find him highly intolerable. He just offered to help me out and since all my friends are taking different majors, I accepted his help." Lucy inquired. "I could never be friends with this...jerk." She pointed at Will.

"And why not?" Will asked with a pout. "I'm a nice jerk."

Nice and jerk can not fit into the same sentence. I forgot that Will speaks nonsense when he's hooked.

Oh no! This can't be.

Lucy turned to face him. At that move, their faced were only a few centimeters apart.

There was a time that Lucy would vomit if Will ever got that close to her lips, but now, she has a reddish hue on her cheeks.

Oh sweet mercy!

"Because there's nothing nice about you. And you are far from being the kind of guy I'll date." She replied, sounded serious.

"So you'll rather date those idiots from the parties you go to than an handsome fellow like myself?" Will was holding back a laugh.

Date? I thought we were taking about a possible friendship.

Did Will ask Lucy out?

"Yes, I would much rather date those so called idiots than you. Actually, I would rather date anyone else on Earth than an irritating two faced jerk like you."

Wow. And here I thought they were finally getting along. I spoke too soon.

"Sorry to interrupt again, but now I'm even more confused. Did Will ask you out?" My eyes meet Lucy's.

She looked at me as if I grew two horns. "What are you talking about? Of course not."

"You were refusing to date William so I got lost." I rubbed my forehead with my fingers.

Lucy sat up straight.

"My tongue slipped." She defended quickly.

"Mine didn't." Will spoke out with a smirk. Lucy turned to him mortified.

"Are you asking me out?" Lucy seemed unfazed.

Will placed his arm over Lucy's shoulder, surprisingly, she didn't seem bothered.

"What if I am?" He grinned at her. Lucy's eyes widened to the point I thought they might pop out. She wanted to say something but she got tongue tied, her face anticipating a red flush.

This made Will snort and then he started laughing while holding his belly. Lucy glared at him. I just stared at him confused.

"Did you honestly think I'll ever ask you out? Don't flatter yourself."

Ouch.

"I hate you. I'm even more repulsed by you now than I was a minute ago." Lucy shoved Will's arm out of her shoulder.

Will kept on with his fit of laughter.

"I'm out of here. I don't need your help anyway." Lucy closed her journal and got off bed.

Will immediately took hold of Lucy's waist and gently pulled her to his lap. Lucy showed no sighs of struggle.

"Get your hands off me." Lucy sounded bored. "I got no time for this."

Will tightened his hold and placed his chin on her shoulder.

"Are you seriously mad because I said I'll never ask you out?" His voice was low. "You said you'll never date me, I should be the one pouting not you."

Lucy scoffed.

"You're such an arrogant son of a bitch." She didn't try to move from Will's lap. She just sat there, not protesting to Will placing his arms around her waist. If someone walked in here and found them in that position, they'll think the two are a couple.

The cutest couple ever.

I miss James.

No I don't. Fuck.

"I know, but this arrogant son of a bitch is offering to help you with philosophy." He coaxed. "So stop being a little stubborn shit and let me help you."

Lucy's lips twitched. I think she wanted to smile, but she held it back.

I don't think I would smile if someone called me "a little stubborn shit" but okay. Who am I to question the dynamic of their strange relationship not relationship thing?

"The only reason I'm letting you do this, is because I don't want to fail this class." She affirmed. "I still find you intolerable and totally unbearable."

"I also find you annoying, but I feel sorry for you." Will looked at Lucy over his lashes. "I can't let a pretty girl like you repeat a school year just because of philosophy."

Lucy raised a middle finger at him.

"Can we get back to philosophy now?" Lucy raised.

"Your wish is my command baby." Will raised Lucy from his lap by her hips, and placed her next to him.

"Don't ever call me baby again." She warned.

"Okay Lucy." He rolled his eyes.

"Get my pretty name out of your filthy mouth."

"There's so much more that this filthy mouth can do." He said above her ear.

I laugh. He did not just say that.

Sure, Will has had his fare share of women back in highschool, he was active, he is indeed good with his mouth, not that I would know, but I've heard rumors.

The reason I'm laughing is because Lucy pressed her legs together tightly at Will's dirty words. And her face was so red, as if she heated up all of the sudden.

This made Will smirk.

"Shut your face." She said seriously. She opened her journal again. "Let's get back to work."

I honestly hope to never find Will and Lucy doing the dirty in this room, and ever since Will mentioned it at the cafeteria, I can't get that image out of my head. You just can't unsee it.

And with the way they are acting right now, I'm starting to think it may happen.

I never thought it could happen, but with the way Lucy's legs are still pressed tightly together, I'm questioning everything.

••

"So you're totally over him?" Will asked me.

The three of us are now having lunch at this restaurant after Lucy agreed to Will's request of joining us. Her defence was that she's too hungry to care about where and who she's having lunch with. Or who's paying for her lunch.

You got that right! Will offered to pay for Lucy's lunch and she said yes. With minimal efforts to decline. She said yes, willingly.

"It's been two weeks since I saw him and that was enough time to think about everything. The story of me and James is officially over." I confirm. "We are never ever getting back together."

"You were never together." Lucy mocked.

I almost forgot how rude she can be.

"Please shut up." Will glared at her.

"My mouth is shut but the truth remains." She chuckled.

Will gave me a pitiful smile.

"How are you certain?" Lucy asked. "You haven't seen him in two weeks, what if you see him again and realise you still have the hots for him?"

"Me not being acquainted with him for the past weeks is what made me realize I don't need him as much as I thought I did. I was so dependent on his love to get me through the days but I'm fine on my own. I've realised that I was just lonely and needed someone to help me forget about all my issues and he was there. The sex and all that crap made me forget. But I know better now. I'm more focused on my major and my job. I've even started taking dancing classes at Hypers and it has helped me relaxed. Everything is falling into place and I'm happy."

Will nodded his head slowly. "So you don't love him anymore?" His voice held a hint of doubt.

I sigh.

"I don't think I was ever in love with him. I was just confused. I've never been in any kind of relationship before him. What do I know about love?

I guess I thought I was in love with him because he was the first man to get that intimate with me. He introduced me to something I only read about in books and saw in movies, the idea of what love should look like." I finished.

Lucy looked at me thoughtfully. "I may not understand whatever it is you just said, but I know that getting over someone takes time. I was in a fling with this guy for a few months, but it still took me a while to get over him and forget him. I'm not even sure I've forgotten about him completely. Don't push yourself so hard, moving on is a continuous process."

Lucy has a point, but I'm at this place in my life where I can confidently say I'm done. Thoughts of James still pop up at times, but I know for a fact that I've come to terms with the end of us.

For real this time.

I've had a lot of time to think about this. I haven't seen him since that incident at work where him and Callum almost got physical. This period away from James has made me see that I don't need him.

At first it was suffocating, not being able to be with him, to have him near me, or waking up next to him, or his lips on mine, or the feeling of him inside of me, but I got used to his absence. I was able to cope. And now I'm not reminiscing on the old days as much as I used to.

Its over this time. I can feel it.

I don't know if it's the same for him, but that's not my problem anymore.

"And Callum? Did you start talking again?" Lucy asked.

Will narrowed his eyes at me. "Is she referring to the Callum you told me about at the cafeteria?"

"Yes, the same." I confirmed.

"You never told me how it went, I thought it was just a one time thing." He frowned.

"I'm sorry. We never got together as much after that day. And there was no right time to bring it up."

I feel bad for not telling Will, but we haven't gotten together for a while and it just slipped my mind. And Lucy was always close by so it was easier for me to confide in her instead.

"So do you like him?" He asked.

"I do." I'm sure of it. "I haven't called him though. I was thinking about calling him this weekend." I replied.

"So he wants to be in a relationship with you?" Will asked curiously.

"We haven't really talked about it. He told me he liked me but nothing specific."

Will frowned.

"I hope he isn't like James ."

No he isn't. I may not know Callum really well, but he is nothing like James.

"No he isn't."

"How are you sure?" Lucy intervened.

"I just know." I affirmed.

"Be careful this time. I don't want to see you walking into our dorm room with bloodshot eyes and a twisted ankle again." Lucy inquired honestly.

"That won't happen again. I've learned my lesson this time." I assured her.

_________________________

I haven't updated in a while but I'm gonna make it up to you guys. The next chapter is already drafted and will be uploaded soon.

Any thoughts?

May good luck find you.

-Lynn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115 14 5
How would you feel if your comfortable life went up in smoke in under 2 years. Anxious nervous, scared, and overwhelmed are just probably the first f...
804K 19.8K 42
Emma Taylor's summer wasn't filled with parties or beaches as she'd hoped. Instead life slams her into a dark reality that seems to be drowning her...
39.4K 781 60
Two years after breaking the heart of Zain Chadwick due to her fear of falling in love, Emma Taylor encounters him again and realizes she still wants...
433K 14.7K 52
Ivy knows it's time to return to her childhood seaside town to battle the demons of her past. Two years away from her friends, family and the beloved...