The Unlikely Hero!

By Logan-Kenway

My 1st MCU Story! Enjoy! More

Cast
Bio
Prologue
Chapter - 1 (Thor)
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3 (Avengers Assemble)
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Update
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter 12 (Iron Man 3)
Chapter - 13 (Carnage)
Update #2
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18 (Captain America - Winter Soldier)
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter - 23 (Avengers - Age of Ultron)
Chapter - 24
Updated Bio
Chapter 25 (Captain America - Civil War)
Chapter 26
Update #3 (New Story)
Update #4
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (Infinity War)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 (Endgame)
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Final Chapter!
Sequel?

Chapter - 14

4.7K 105 28
By Logan-Kenway

Tony was driving down a dark road as (Y/N) was asleep in the backseat, Tony picked up the file from earlier and rested it on the steering wheel, he kept one eye on the road as he started to look through the file, to see a bunch of documents that didn't really make sense... Yet... (Y/N) at this point woke up and climbed into the passenger seat as Tony sighed and gave him the file... Tony, then started to ramble.

Tony: Man. Happy, Happy, Happy.

Tony then seemed to have a brain wave and asked (Y/N).

Tony: Pass me that document.

(Y/N) yawned and gave him the document he asked for, Tony read it as (Y/N)just looked out the window.

=========================

The Iron Patriot kicks down a door to a room in Pakistan, to see a few men sitting in the room, Rhodes walks into the room, aims his gun at them and yells.

Patriot: Don't move!

He then looks around the room, making sure none of them move, when his phone starts to ring.

Patriot: Uh, Hang on a second.

He then raises his hand to his ear and answers the phone.

Patriot: Hello?

Back with Tony and (Y/N) in the car.

Tony: You ever have a chick straddling you, and you look up...

(Y/N) looks away from the view of the trees passing by and turns to Tony with a 'WTF' expression on his face, but then realises who he's looking at and realises, it's not the strange.

Tony: .... And suddenly she's glowing from the inside out, kind of a bright orange?

Rhodes: Yeah, I've had that. Who is this?

(Y/N) just smirked to himself, trying not to laugh... How would you react if you answered your phone and got asked that question and you have no idea who's asking it.

Tony: It's me pal... And (Y/N)'s here. Now, last time I went missing, if I remember correctly, you came looking for me. What are you doing?

He asks as Rhodes is smiling to himself knowing his friend is still alive, the Patriot looks up at the men in the room making sure they are still not doing anything.

Patriot: A little knock-and-talk, making friends in Pakistan. What are you two doing?

Tony: Your redesign, your big rebrand, that was AIM, right?

(Y/N)looked at Tony as Tony looked at him and Tony gave (Y/N) the document form earlier to see 'MIA' at the top of the page, but it didn't look right, it wasn't as clear as it was supposed to be, (Y/N)looked to Tony and Tony indicated for (Y/N) to flip the page, (Y/N) did and now at the top of the page it said 'AIM', (Y/N) now understood what Tony was getting at, so as Tony continued to talk to Rhodes, (Y/N)started to look through the file once more to see if they missed anything.

Rhodes: Yeah.

Tony: Were gonna find a heavy-duty comm sat now, I need yout login.

At this point (Y/N) couldn't find anything new and throw the file in the backseat.

Rhodes: It's the same as it's always been, 'WarMachine68.'

Tony: And password, please.

(Y/N) looked at Tony.

(Y/N): You know I can just hack it, right?

He whispered to Tony, Tony just smirked and winked at him. 

Rhodes: Look, I gotta change it every time you hack in, Tony.

Tony: It's not the 80s, nobody says 'hack' any more. Give me your login.

Then Rhodes said something that made him and Tony chuckle.

Rhodes: 'WAR MACHINE ROX' with an 'X,' all caps.

The men in the room with the Patriot started to chuckle at him but the Patriot just responded by aiming his mini gun at them shutting them all up, Tony let out a laugh as (Y/N) continued to smirk to himself.

Rhodes: Yeah, okay.

Tony: That is so much better than 'Iron Patriot.'

(Y/N): Agreed.

Tony: You should probably hold on.

(Y/N) did and Tony did a highly illegal U-turn and sped back the way they came, they parked up near a few news vans so Tony can use the heavy duty comm sat, they have in them, Tony grabbed a cowboy hat from somewhere as (Y/N)looked at him as he put it on, Tony shrugged at him as they both made there way to a van, that they just watched the driver walk away from, Tony and (Y/N) climbed into the van and Tony set up as (Y/N) sat on a chair and kicked his feet up and let Tony do his thing, (Y/N) then looked on one of the screens to see an elder man holding up a number 10 on a piece a card with a massive grin on his face.

(Y/N): Ha, legend.

Tony looked at where he was looking to see the cheerful old man, Tony smirked at him as well but, Tony needed to get stuff done, so Tony started to press buttons and unplug and plug in different cables, (Y/N) tested the connection and it was piss poor.

Tony: That ain't gonna cut it.

(Y/N) gave him a really look as the door to the van opened.

Guy: Excuse me, guys. I don't know who...

Tony spun around in his chair and put his finger to his lips, the guy's mouth fell open and Tony smiled at the guy as the guy ended his phone call.

Guy: Mom, I need to call you back. Something magical is happening.

The man hung up as Tony shushed him, (Y/N)just went back to watching the beauty pagent on one of the screens.

Guy: Tony Stark is in my van...

He then looked at (Y/N).

Guy: I don't know who you are.

(Y/N): Let's keep it that way.

(Y/N) said not looking away from the screen, Tony then told the guy.

Tony: Keep it down. Come on in. Close the door.

The guy stumbled his way into the van and closed the door behind him. The guy then went full fanboy.

Guy: Wow. Can I just say, sir...

Tony: Yep.

Guy: I am your biggest fan.

Tony: First, is this your van? Is anyone else gonna come in?

(Y/N) tapped Tony's shoulder then said.

(Y/N): The man literally said a few seconds ago that 'Tony Stark is in my van' so I'd say it's his van.

Guy: Yes, it's my van. Just us.

Tony: Great. What's your name?

Tony stood up and shook his hand, the guy shook it in return and said.

Gary: Gary.

Tony: Gary.

Gary: Wow.

Gary looks like he goes to hug Tony, but Tony stops him.

Tony: Right there is fine. Okay?

Gary: Okay.

Tony: I get a lot of this, it's okay.

Gary: good. Can I just say?

Tony: What do you want? Yeah.

Gary: I don't know if you can tell, but I have patterned my whole look after you.

Gary takes his hat off and starts to compare himself to Tony, this is making (Y/N) smirke a little at how awkward this is, but he just continues to watch the beautiful women on the small TV.

Gary: My hair's a little...

Tony: It's fine.

Gary: It's not right, 'cause there's no product in it.

Tony: Right.

Gary puts his hat back on as Tony is just being a champion through all this.

Gary: I don't want to make things awkward for you, but I do have to show you...

This picked (Y/N)'s interest, as he looked over to the two to see Gary pulling up his sleeve. (Y/N) watched as Gary showed a tattoo of Tony's face on his underarm.

Tony: It's a Hispanic Scott Baio. I'm sorry. Is that me?

Gary: Yeah. It's... I mean... I had them do it off a doll that I made, so it's not like it's off a picture. So it's a little bit...

(Y/N) looked to see that Tony was starting to get a little weirded out and probably, impatient... 

Tony: Gary. Listen to me, Okay? 

Tony grabbed Gary's arms and looked Gary right in the eye.

Tony: I don't want to clip your wings, here. We're both a little over-excited. We got issue. We're chasing bad guys.

Tony said the last part nodding to (Y/N), Gary looked at (Y/N) and (Y/N) gave him a small wave still not looking away from the half naked women on the TV. Gary looked back to Tony and he continued.

Tony: We're trying to grab a little something from some hard-crypt data files. I don't have enough juice. I need you to jump on the roof... right? 

Gary nods his head.

Tony: Recalibrate the ISDNs. Pump it up by about 40%.

Gary: Got it.

Tony: All right? It's a mission

Gary: Yeah.

Tony: Tony needs Gary.

Gary: And Gary needs Tony.

Tony: Be quiet about it. Go.

Gary: Yeah.

Gary gets out the truck and climbs to the roof as Tony sits back in the chair and sighs, (Y/N) looks at Tony and smiles.

(Y/N): That was the greatest thing I have ever seen in my life.

Tony didn't answer him as (Y/N) went back to watching the TV, Tony was just waiting for Gary to do what was asked of him and after a while there was a nock on the van, tony knocked back and started to type away on the laptop, Tony gets to the NSC login screen and enters Rhodes login, it came up saying Access Denied but once, (Y/N)lent over to di his thing, it changed the Access Granted.

Tony: Thank you.

(Y/N) shot him a wink and pulled a bag of chips out from somewhere, he then started to munch down on them as he watched the TV, whilst Tony typed away on the laptop reading everything he can on AIM, but then Tony found a video with Chad Davies. Tony opens the video and watches.

Interviewer: What would you regard as the defining moment of your life?

Davies: I think that would be the day I decided not to let my injury beat me,

Tony closed Chad's and opened another to see the women from the bar that they destroyed.

Interviewer: Will you please state your name for the camera?

Brandt: Ellen Brandt.

Interviewer: Okay. So, the injections are administered periodically,

Tony clicked something and the camera changes to Aldrich Killian.

Aldrich: Addiction will not be tolerated. Those who cannot regulate will be cut from the program.

Tony then makes hand gestures at the screen and (Y/N) sees this and looks to she Aldrich.

(Y/N): You know this guy?

Tony indicates for him to be quiet and (Y/N) does, if Tony is quiet during something then it must be crucial, Tony cuts off the video and opens another to show Aldrich talking to a room full of volunteers

Aldrich: Once misfits, cripples... You are the next iteration of human evolution.

At this point (Y/N)is watching over his shoulder and focusing on what they are potentially dealing with. Tony and (Y/N) watches the screen as it comes up saying 'PROJECT EXTREMIS' 'INJECTIONS TESTS' 'PHASE 01' Then there was a date on the bottom saying '06/25/09. 

Tony started the video to see Aldrich talking to a room full of volunteers again but this time there in these full body machines where they are being strapped down to.

Aldrich: Everybody, before we start... I promise you, looking back at your life, there will be nothing as bitter as the memory of that glorious risk you prudently elected to forego, Today is your glory. Let's begin.

As he said that Tony and (Y/N) watched as a worker injected the serum into Brandt and her skin glowed fire red for a second and she started to groan in pain as her are was slowly growing back, but there was a test subject next to her that was screaming in pain, his skin was glowing dangerously red as Aldrich  started to shout.

Aldrich: We gotta get out of here! We gotta get out of here! Get her out! Get them out!

Tony and (Y/N) continued to watch as the guy continues to glow more and more as the seconds ticked on, they managed to clear the room as the guy is now scream in a scary deep voice and a beam of light is shooting out his mouth and eyes, then the guy exploded leaving nothing left in the lab, Tony and (Y/N) continue to look at the screen that shows the lab completely destroyed and some parts on fire, when Tony said.

Tony: A bomb is not a bomb when it's a misfire. The stuff doesn't always work right, pal? It's faulty, but you found a buyer, didn't you? Sold it to the Mandarin. Got you, pal.

They sat in silence till (Y/N) asked.

(Y/N): Tony what the fuck are we dealing with here?

=========================

Pepper is sat in a room, on a bed with Maya Hansen, they both have cuts and bruises from the attack on Tony's Malibu house, Maya was sat with her legs up on the bed and back against the headboard and drink in hand as Pepper sat on the end of the bed.

Pepper: What happened?

Maya: Fun Fact. Before he built rockets for the Nazis, the idealistic Wernher von Braun dreamed of space travel. He stargazed. Do you know what he said when the first V-2 hit London? 'The rocket performed perfectly.'

Maya continued to talk as Pepper sat by and listened.

Maya: 'It just landed on the wrong planet.' See, we all begin wide-eyed. Pure science. And then the ego steps in, the obsession. And you look up, you're a long way from shore.

Pepper: You can't be too hard on yourself, Maya. I mean, you gave your research to a think tank. 

Maya: Yeah, but Killian built that think tank on military contracts.

Pepper: That's exactly what we used to do. So, don't judge yourself.

Maya: Thank you, Pepper. I really appreciate that.

The two then sat in a comfortable silence for a moment till there was a knock on the door, Pepper got up to go see who it is, but as she left she didn't see the look that Maya was giving her. Pepper got to the door and looked through the peephole to see the room service they must have ordered, Pepper opened the door and greeted the member of staff.

Pepper: Hi, good evening. Come on in.

Hotel Staff Member: Good evening.

The staff member then pushed the cart in as Pepper stepped away from the door, only for Killian to come around the corner and snap the guys neck.

Pepper: Maya, run!

Pepper tries to run away, but Killian managed to grab her arm before she got away, he pulled her back and pinned her to the wall with his right hand around her throat.

Killian: Hi, Pepper.

Maya then came into the room, as Killian turned his attention from Pepper to Maya.

Killian: So, you want to tell me why you were at Stark's mansion last night?

Maya: I'm trying to fix this thing. I didn't know you and the master were gonna blow the place up.

Killian: I see. So, you were trying to save Stark, when he threatened us?

Maya: I've told you, Killian, we can use him. He's the only one who can find the kid with the alien thing, you want.

Killian: Symbiote, there called Symbiotes and he's not the only one is he?

Maya: You found the other one?

AS she asked this Pepper reached and started to push Killians face and try and pry him off her, so she can escape, Killian shook her off and turned to her.

Killian: Pepper. Pepper. Pepper.

Each time he said her name, he tightened his grip.

Maya: Look, if we want to launch product next year, I need Stark, and you need to get the kid out the way. Stark just lacked a decent incentive. Now, he has one.

===========================

The Iron Patriot is once again flying through the air when he gets a call on his radio.

Radio: This is support team Blue-Zero. Sending coordinates for a suspected Mandarin broadcast point of origin.

Rhodes: Copy.

The Iron Patriot then takes of at massives speeds towards his new destination, it doesn't take him long to get there but once he does he shots down the door and makes his way inside only to find a sweatshop, he still pulls his guns out just in case.

Patriot: Nobody move.

Rhodes uses his scanning system to try and find any possible targets, but he couldn't find any as all the womens faces are covered up, and Rhodes just assumes they are civilians.

Rhodes: Support Blue-Zero, unless the Mandarin's next attack on the U.S. involves cheaply-made sportswear, I think you messed up again.

He lowered his guns as everyone in the room came up to him, said there thanks and left the building.

Patriot: Yes, you're free, if you weren't before. It's... Of course. Yes, ma'am. Iron Patriot on the job. Happy to help. No need to thank me, ma'am. 

He said to the last one as she took his hand and started to shake.

Patriot: It's my pleasure.

The women's hands and eyes start to glow as she sends a lot of heat through the Iron Patriot, causing the Iron Patriot suit to go into shut down mode and fall to the ground. The women ripped off her hood and pulled a phone out of her pocket, she then pressed a button and pressed it to her ear.

???: Savin? I've acquired the Patriot armour.

Rhodes listened to her the whole time and he had one more thing to say.

Rhodes: If you want this suit, you're going to have to pry my cold dead body out of it.

The women hangs up the phone and looks at the falling Patriot.

???: That's the plan, Colonel.

=========================

Tony and (Y/N) are now back in the car, (Y/N) is looking out the window as Tony calls Harley, the kid from the village, on the car phone so both of them can hear.

Tony: Harley, tell me what's happening. Give me a full report.

Harley: Yeah, I'm still eating that candy. Do you want me to keep eating it?

Tony: How much have you had?

Harley: Two or three bowls.

Tony: Can you still see straight?

Harley: Sort of.

Tony: That means you're fine. Give me Jarvis.

(Y/N) shakes his head at Tony's parenting skills as Harley put the phone near Iron Mans helmet so Jarvis can talk.

Tony: Jarvis, how are we?

Jarvis: It's totally fine, sir. I seem to do quite well for a stretch, and then at the end of the sentence, I say the wrong cranberry.

Tony looks confused as to what Jarvis just said as (Y/N) laughs to himself, Jarvis then continues.

Jarvis: And, sir, you were right. Once I factored in available AIM downlink facilities I was able to pinpoint the Mandarin's broadcast signal.

Tony: What are we talking? Far East, Europe, North Africa... Iran, Pakistan, Syria? Where is it?

Tony and (Y/N) waited to hear the response and for the second time this evening Jarvis has said something to surprise (Y/N).

Jarvis: Actually, sir, it's in Miami.

(Y/N) looked confused but also glad as he's never been to Miami... But something tell him, this isn't going to be a picnic.

Tony: Okay, kid, I'm gonna have to walk you through rebooting Jarvis's speech drive, but not right now. Harley, where is he really? Just look on the screen and tell me where it is.

Harley: It does say Miami, Florida.

Tony: Okay, first things first, I need the armour. Where are we at with it?

Harley: It's not charging.

Tony slammed the breaks on making (Y/N) hit his head on the windscreen as Tony pulled over to a dirt road, (Y/N) rubs his head as Tony shakes in the front seat.

Jarvis: Actually, sir, it is charging, but the power source is questionable. It may not succeed in revitalising the Mark 42.

Tony: What's questionable about electricity? All right? It's my suit, and I can't... I'm not gonna... I don't wanna... Oh, God, not again.

Harley: Tony?

Tony get out the car and starts to breath heavily.

Harley: Are you having another attack? I didn't even mention New York.

Tony: Right, and then you just said  it by name while denying having said it.

Harley: Okay...

Tony then slides down the side of the car as (Y/N) speaks up.

(Y/N): Harley?...

Harley: Yea?...

(Y/N): Shut up.

Harley: ...

(Y/N) gets out the car and stands at the rear, making sure to give Tony his space but also making sure he knows hes not alone.

Tony: God, what am I gonna do?

(Y/N): Breathe and relax, Breathe and relax.

As Tony seems to be calming down Harley speaks again.

Harley: Your a mechanic right? 

Tony: Right.

Harley: You said so.

Tony: Yes, I did.

Harley: Why don't you just build something?

This seems to fully calm Tony down as he gets up and looks at (Y/N).

Tony: Okay. Thanks, kid.

Tony and (Y/N) then get back in the car, Tony puts his hat on and starts to drive off as (Y/N) says.

(Y/N): Do you think it's best if you drive.

Tony didn't answer him and only asked his own question.

Tony: You said there was another one of you... The Symbiotes things.

(Y/N): Close enough, go on.

Tony: Well, seen as you and Venom are in serious need of couples counseling, any chance she can help us?

(Y/N) looked at Tony for a second and though that Tony does have a point, plus Rebecca is probably going crazy on her own in that New York loft, but (Y/N) could only ask with an honest answer.

(Y/N): I'll give her a call.

As he said that otny pulled into a convenient store and said.

Tony: Call her, I need to go shopping...

(Y/N): Get me a drink?

Tony nods and makes his way into the store, as (Y/N) calls Rebecca's disposable cell phone number, it rings for a few seconds till someone answers.

Rebecca: Hello?

She says trying to disguise her voice, she is supposed to be dead to be fair.

(Y/N): It's me, you can drop the act.

Rebecca: Oh thank God, I was wondering when you would call

(Y/N): Didn't I only leave you a few hours ago...

Rebecca: Shut up and listen... I think I've found him... He, if I have done all of this tracking and research right, is working with a guy names Aldrich Killian in Miami...

(Y/N): Son of a bitch.

Rebecca: What's wrong?

(Y/N): It's a long story, just meet me in Miami, Ok?

Rebecca: Sure... You want me to wear my swimsuit~

(Y/N) smiled at the thought but then shook his head then said.

(Y/N): Wear what you like sweetheart, this isn't going to be that kind of trip.

Rebecca: Yeah, I didn't think it would have been...

She sounded upset.

(Y/N): Hey, how about when all this is over, we got to Washington?

Rebecca: Why Washington?

(Y/N): Well, nothing bad happens there... They have it chill, so we can relax... Sound like a plan?

There was a moment of silence, till.

Rebecca: I like that plan.

(Y/N): Great, I'll see you in Miami.

Rebecca: Will do, Love.

She then hung up the phone as (Y/N) saw Tony making his way back to the car with two trolleys worth of stuff, (Y/N) got out and opened the boot as Tony made his way other to him then asked.

Tony: She gonna help?

(Y/N) looked at him.

(Y/N): She's gonna meet us in Miami.

Tony grinned as they continued to put the stuff in the boot, once all done, Tony handed (Y/N) a bottle of Mountain Dew and said.

Tony: Come on, we got building to do.

(Y/N) smiled because all tho, their lives are at stake... He's finally spending time with his Father like he always wanted to do, (Y/N) can get used to this feeling...

=========================

(Boom, I finished this quicker then I thought so I thought I would publish it a day early for all of you and it's a bit longer then the others... Also, incase you couldn't tell Rebecca wolf, is now part of the love interest... So now, you have Natasha, Rebecca and eventually Wanda, I hope you enjoyed the chapter, see you next Monday.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 190 68
marvel cast and character one-shots! ☆ no smut ☆ not taking requests ☆ there are indeed memes in here please be kind!! my writing has improved since...
29.8K 287 24
different oneshots of avengers, some fluffy some very smutty read at your own risk
81 2 6
Just a bunch of oneshots with many characters from all of Marvel. I hope you all read and enjoy my first book.
820K 20.5K 200
You know the drill! Requests are still open, but it could take me a while since I have loads of them, either way, enjoy! Don't repost without permis...