Verdant Emperor - Villain Izu...

By TheHinokami

What happens to people that don't have quirks in a world full of quirks? What happens to the world when one q... More

Chapter 1: The Divergence
Chapter 2: Finding Shelter & First Steps
Chapter 3: Results & Giran
Chapter 4: Physical Conditioning & New Home & Two New Members
Chapter 5: Verdant Guards & Training
Chapter 6: UA Exam & All Might's Regrets
Chapter 7: Expanding & New Bases
Chapter 8: U.S.J
Chapter 9: Heros & Villains & Anti-Heroes!?
Chapter 10: Sports Festival & Verdant Movements
Chapter 11: Hosu
Chapter 12: Hosu Aftermath
Chapter 13: Verdant Expansion & Advamcenets & Unkown Enemy!?
Chapter 14: Heroes Vs Meta Liberation Army
Chapter 15: Prelude to Summer Break
Chapter 16: Summer Camp
Chapter 17: Kamino Incident
Chapter 18: Shock & The Sealment of Fate
Chapter 19: Saying Goodbye
Chapter 20: Advancing Plans & Growing
Chapter 21: Reactions
Chapter 22: Growth & Overhaul!?
Chapter 23: Save Eri!
Chapter 24: Aftermath of the raid
Chapter 25: Military Line Assualt!
Chapter 26: Battle Aftermath
Chapter 27: Desperation!
Chapter 28: The fall of Aichi
Chapter 29: Conversations
Chapter 30: Intriguing
Chapter 31: Prelude to Meeting
Chapter 32: Meeting Pt. 1
Chapter 33: Meeting Pt. 2
Chapter 34: Large Scale Combat!
Chapter 35: Bloodshed
Chapter 36: UA's Surrender & Effects
Chapter 37: Meeting & Ackowlegements
Chapter 38: The Future Within Reach!
Chapter 40: The Verdant Emperor Will! [End]

Chapter 39: Japan's Fall!

9.1K 312 33
By TheHinokami

3rd POV:

An entire two months had passed and many things have happened since that meeting with the people associated with UA. One of the main things that happened was that the Space Frontier Program (SFP) had made leaps and bounds through the dedication of the science department. Izuku had even let Nezu join in the request but Nezu did have to undergo the quirk that would keep the secrets he learned from Verdant hidden. It was the same quirk that the scientists also volunteered to undergo that bounded them to not reveal the research for the quirk erasing bullets to anyone except Izuku. This was done via a quirk user in their group whose quirk was permanent and could only be undone via another pact with the same parties. 

As such, with Nezu's large mind they were able to speed the progress up to a far faster pace which allowed them to finish the initial portions of the moon base. It wasn't fully completed but they were getting close to finishing the entire outer portions and the groundwork inside of the base. Overall, it was built inside of the moon for a portion with another portion outside. Due to still researching into new technology to fuel the space frontier floating space settlements, they were still relying on solar energy which was far easier to get in space due to the constant clearness of the sun for most of the time.

There is some time when the base isn't directly in the sunlight due to the rotation of the moon and earth but the base was currently saving enough energy and there were plans to build another set of solar panels on the other side for those periods of time with a connected system. The base is also hidden from people on earth discovering it due to a quirk being used to make it appear nothing had changed as clones were constantly working on the base. Izuku didn't want the world knowing about the moon base until it was completely done and had defenses set up to protect it from missiles that could be sent from the earth.

The internals of the base was liveable as they did have a system that creates oxygen from CO2 that humans put off or the machines they use. There is also a large amount of plant life placed into the building to help convert CO2 naturally to oxygen as Izuku plans to expand the base into a larger one and wishes it to feel more natural. In regard to long-term living conditions, the base will be suitable for actual humans instead of clones to live on it within a few months once the rest of the base is completed. As it stands, the base is mainly aimed for science and military purposes as it will be the stepping stone to further space travel to like Mars where they will be able to get material to build other things instead of taking it from earth or other countries on earth who could try to threaten Izuku into allowing them access to the technology or into space.

Outside of the advancements with their space frontier program, there was another major event that had happened during the two months that is being settled currently. This event was the fall of Japan to the complete rulership of Izuku aka the Verdant Emperor. After having the prefectures of Hokkaido, Aomori, Akita, and Iwate surrender due to All Might, it had set off a chain reaction within the other prefectures. This lead to the collapse of the defense line due to the prefectures of Toyama, Yamanashi, and Nagano surrendering. The local leadership ordered the government troops out of their land and threatened to deploy the police to help the Verdant Emperor remove the government forces which force the government to quickly pull their forces back to try and hold some form of defense.

However, once the news broke of the government retreat and reaction to these prefectures surrendering it only increased the other prefectures' surrender as Nigata, Yamagata, Miyagi, and Fukushima all surrendered to the Verdant Emperor.  This resulted in the government only having control of the green marked land on the war map and. Now, all of the Verdant forces had the entire green area surrender currently and were waiting for orders to march into the prefectures that remained under the old government's control. Izuku did call upon the remaining prefecture governments to surrender but sadly they had all been removed from power by the old government and loyalists installed which wasn't surprising. Though, Izuku did use this to his advantage and shared it with everyone which resulted in large protests inside the government-controlled land. 

Izuku decided to use this to his advantage and had cloned troops storm out of the national diet which caused the government to pull back some forces from the defense line. This resulted in the military force of the Verdant which was all clones do a sudden charge which resulted in an all-out battle across all of the green marked area. It took an entire day but in the end, Izuku Midoriya aka the Verdant Emperor had the entire green marked land under his control. The government forces had used the buildings to turn it into a hit-and-run tactics war but sadly for them Izuku only sent clones into the battles the entire time since he refused to lose any more men. As such, the Verdant lost no men and the government forces were defeated with half of what remained wiped out and the other half captured. 

Most of the government forces belonged to what remained of the Pro Heros, quirkest citizens, and police that had gotten recruited by force. It was ironic that the government recruited the police force since they all just ended up surrendering when the Verdant came since they knew what life was like under their control due to connections they had with the police system under Izuku's control. As such, none of the police resisted and nearly every one of them survived. Izuku had zero care about the quirkest individuals being killed off since it only helped him lead the country into a brighter future without them being around. Izuku didn't order his men to kill them off but they refused to give in easily which resulted in their deaths since there was an order out that if someone resisted capture that they were to just be killed instead of being taken as a prisoner of war.

Now, the heroes that kept fighting were a mix of those that didn't want to do it anymore and those that wanted the old system to stay. Most of those that didn't want to keep fighting was still just students and had surrendered quickly by the end of the battles once they got defeated while others were captured with a bit of force or killed off if they couldn't be taken easily. As such, the Verdant Emperor now stood outside of the Imperial Palace which is where the old emperor of Japan who was just a ceremonial position sat. 

The man that was currently serving as the Emperor of Japan had refused to abandoned Tokyo and hideaway as the government had requested early on in the war. Instead, he stayed behind which Izuku could honestly respect since he had the emperor spied upon by the spy network to know why he truly stayed behind. In the words of the older man, 'I may be a figurehead but I still stood by in silence at the state of our country and witnessed the democracy of our nation become more corrupted. If I am to die then I will die with my head held high and not running like a coward.' were the words that Izuku was given from the spy network. In all honestly, Izuku had no plans to harm the old emperor since the man had no official power to act as he was bound with countless things by the old documents that governed Japan from hundreds of years ago that stripped the Imperial Family of its power. Izuku also knew the truth of the old Emperor and what he had done which is another reason he respected the man so much.

As such, Izuku was here today not as a conquer but as a citizen of Japan. As Izuku stood outside the main gate, he knocked on it and requested the guard to ask the Emperor for permission to enter which confused the guard since Izuku had taken control of the entire country so why would Izuku ask to enter. The guard did as Izuku asked and left which left Izuku and his Verdant guards standing there. 

This entire thing was being televised across Japan and the world as well since Izuku had no intentions to hide what would happen. All Might, Nezu, and many others that had influence in current Japan were with Izuku today as they had been invited by Izuku to come to witness what would happen as well. The entire country and world was waiting and wondering why Izuku had politely asked to enter the palace instead of just making his way in even as the Guard had left the gate open. After about 10 minutes, the guard had come back with a few others. "The Emperor is willing to meet and invites you in." the guard said with a bow which Izuku returned. Soon they all made their way into the main hall of the main palace building which was the Matsu-no-ma or stateroom where the Emperor was waiting at.

Izuku could see the Emperor sitting on the small chair at the end of the room and the man did look nervous as everyone entered but not many could tell since he was so good at hiding his expressions due to his position. Izuku came to a stop in front of the Emperor and surprised everyone as he took a seat on the ground and then Izuku performed a Saikeirei towards the Emperor which shocked everyone even more. 

What became even more shocking is when the Verdant Guards and members of Verdant also performed it as well right behind Izuku as Izuku had brought a few advanced unit squads in the case of a random attack on him. Everyone in the room was in silence as Izuku stayed in the position waiting. What was he waiting for exactly was for the Emperor to speak to him and the Emperor realized this as he raised his hand and spoke up, "Please rise Verdant Emperor, I believe everyone including myself would like to be clued into your actions." said the Emperor who was named Takashi. 

Izuku and all of the Verdant raised themselves but stayed seated on the floor in a Seiza which was just sitting on the knees which was an old traditional way of sitting. "Thank you for allowing us in Emperor Takashi. Please, call me Izuku Midoriya for I don't believe I should use such a title of Emperor in front of you." Izuku said as everyone was even more confused by Izuku. Today was a bunch of downright confusion on the actions of the Verdant Emperor. The Emperor looked at Izuku in some confusion but also a slightly different light since Izuku hadn't acted out in a manner of a conquer normally would when taking over a country or land.

"Would you like some tea since I believe this will be a complex conversation?" the Emperor asked and Izuku thanked the man. As they waited for the tea, Izuku spoke up about why he truly was present. "I am sure you are confused about my actions your Majesty. I am here today not as the conquer of Japan but as a normal citizen of Japan as I have a request of you." Izuku said as an attendant brought the tea into the room and served it in front of them both to show there was no poison planted in it. The Emperor took a sip to confirm to Izuku since this was a delicate situation that the old man knew how to walk carefully due to his experience with politicians.

Izuku took a sip as well but he wasn't a fool as Izuku had made sure to have a Verdant Guard watch the attended in the shadows when the tea was fetched. Izuku isn't that trusting of a random person to not try to take his life regardless of the Emperor's intentions. As Izuku took a sip of his tea, the Emperor asked what Izuku was the request of him. Izuku sat the tea down and his Verdant members once again bowed in the Saikeirei position as Izuku spoke up. "Your majesty, I am here today to request that you abdicate the throne and entrust the future of Japan to me. I know you believe that you stood by doing nothing as Japan fell into corruptness but I also know you tried as best as you could within the laws that bounded you." Izuku said as he then raised his head followed by the others behind him.

"I know that you started as many charities and organizations that were aimed to fight quirk discrimination against those with weaker, so-called villainous quirks, or even those without quirks. I know about the advocating of new laws you had performed via these organizations even though they hardly became successful. You still tried to do as much as you can but I ask you now to entrust the future of Japan to me and rest your majesty." Izuku said as he looked straight forward at the Emperor who had an expression of shock. The man asked how Izuku knew of what he had done since even those in the palace hardly knew of it since he went to great lengths to keep it a secret.

"I have eyes and ears everywhere as my Verdant members are quite skilled in gathering things that people want to be kept hidden," Izuku said and the man chuckled. Everyone watching was shocked to learn of the actions that their emperor, even though a figurehead, had done. This created newfound respect in the man with most people but even Izuku gained a lot of respect from the older generations who prided in honor of Japan's history and traditions that were becoming lost.

The emperor calmed down and looked at Izuku in the eyes and saw the determination in them. He was silent as he stared at Izuku but slowly he nodded his head. "You truly are intriguing. I was surprised when All Might had made his statement and thought him of a fool to turn his back on his country but now seeing you in person, I can look into your eyes. Did you know, they say the eyes are the gateway to the soul where you can see what truly defines the man across from you?" The emperor asked and Izuku nodded his head as the Emperor smiled. "I see in you a man of determination and strong will power but what more I see if a man true to his word that surrenders himself with those he trusts to keep him on the path forward. I can see why All Might has put his faith in you.... as our former symbol of peace has put his faith into you, so shall I." The emperor said as he stood from the chair he was sitting on and walked to Izuku. The man then sat down on the floor and performed a Saikeirei towards Izuku.

"I entrust you our future and I pray for your success. I, Emperor Takashi, hereby announce my abdication from the throne of Emperor and appoint Izuku Midoriya as the formal Emperor of Japan." said the now-former emperor as he came out of the Saikeirei and Izuku did one more Saikeirei to the man and thanked him. "Thank you for entrusting the future to me. I ask that you join my Public Advisory board. Currently, All Might is the only member of this advisory board as I am still finding the right people for it but I believe you would be perfect for it. This advisor board helps advise me on issues that Japan faces or things that you believe we as a country should look into. Will you be willing to help lead the country in a more direct way Takashi?" Izuku asked the former emperor whose eyes widen at the request. The man thought it over but nodded his head. 

"I would be an honor to help lead our country with you. You truly are an honorable man... only if this all didn't have to come from war." Takashi said with a sad tone. "Indeed, but after destruction, we can have creation which we need now as we stabilize Japan and push forward," Izuku said as he stood up and brought the former emperor up with him. Cameras were going off as pictures were being taken at the historical moment as the Verdant Emperor had not imprisoned the former figurehead emperor as some believed he would but instead had formally asked the man to step down from the emperor's position and help lead the country forward. This was a historical moment and was an important moment for Izuku to connect on a far deeper level with a lot of the citizens that were more traditional in their ways.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

542K 13.5K 19
This is the story of how you became a hero. You even became a hero to the pros. You don't start off as well as everyone else but you soon grow strong...
805K 26.5K 26
Your entire life has been spent in a experiment facility. Your quirk is strange and powerful, and no one can quite pin point what it is, which is why...
400K 18.9K 73
"I'm quirkless and you're all still struggling against me, how Pathetic!" Izuku was born quirkless but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing in his spe...
442K 10.4K 29
This is a Fanfiction based off of BNHA, or My Hero Academia. Instead of a reality where the main character, Izuku Midoriya, is born without a quirk...