What is Love?(Newt x reader)

By Jules694

[discontinued] YN wakes up in a box with a boy with blonde hair and brown eyes. They dislike each other at f... More

Chapter 1: Welcome to the glade
Chapter 2: One month later
Chapter 3: Nightmares
Chapter 4: Ugh life
chapter 5: What's wrong with Newt?
Chapter 6: Why did you do it?
Chapter 7: Helping him
Chapter 8: Some of us have to go.
Chapter 9: George
Chapter 10: Stung
Chapter 11: Meeting
Chapter 12: What's your problem!?
Chapter 13:Not him, please
Chapter 14: 6 months later
Chapter 15:Love
Chapter 16:Another one?
Chapter 17:Stupid.
Chapter 18: Time flies.
Chapter 19:All my friends are dead
Chapter 20: Stuck
Chapter 21:This Shank
Chapter 22:Teresa
Chapter 23: The cliff
Chapter 24: The Code
Chapter 25: The way out
Chapter 26: Who are they?
Chapter 27:Tattoos
Chapter 28: WICKED
Chapter 29: Phase Two
Chapter 30: He Killed Them
Chapter 31:Cranks
Chapter 33: Lightning
Chapter 34: The girl...
Chapter 35:Flying out of a building
Chapter 36:Marcus
Chapter 37: It's a car?
Chapter 38: The plan
Chapter 39: Mountain people
Chapter 40: Teresa
Chapter 41:Ratman
Chapter 42: Plan A
A/N
A/N

Chapter 32:Passed Him The Gun

678 20 13
By Jules694

YN POV

I was woken up in the morning by loud whispering.

"Aww, they look like a cute little family." I heard Minho's voice whisper.

"Minho, will you bloody shut up. You're going to wake them." Newt whispered from behind me.

"Sorry Newtie but we have to get going." Minho whispered.

"Ugh fine." Newt sighed, "YN, love, wake up, we need to get going." Newt said whilst shaking me.

"Newt, as much as I love you, if you don't stop shaking me I will feed you to the cranks." I grumbled finally opening my eyes.

"Sorry," he replied.

"Emmy, wake up, we have to go." I said. The small girl stirred in my lap, she then opened her brown eyes.

The three of us got up from the ground.

Jack was sitting in the corner, his chest heaving up and down. You could see the black veins that were starting to show on his stomach.

Frypan and Minho both picked him up from the ground, he could still stand so we started our walk again.

It turns out we were in a city, it being completely abandoned, a ghost town. Broken buildings lay on the ground, the only thing that could be heard where wails and screeches from cranks. There was a stench surrounding the city, like decomposing flesh.

We walked through the buildings to the end of the city, we started climbing up the ruins and ended up back in the desert, the sand already falling into my eyes.

We ended up at a sand hill, before we started climbing Newt looked down at Emmy, he then crouched down with his back to her.

"Come on, princess, we don't want you to fall, now do we?" He said, the small brunette climbed onto his back and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Thank you, daddy!" She exclaimed excitedly as he got up.

"Your welcome, princess." He replied smiling. "Now lets go." He said looking back at everyone.

All of us started climbing up the sand, it felt like it took hours, it was much harder than I expected. The sand kept collapsing under my feet. But I got through it and we were finally at the top.

I heard heavy breathing coming from my left and looked back I saw Jack as he fell to the ground.

"Jack!" Fry exclaimed.

Frypan and Minho ran down to get him and tried helping him up but nothing worked, he couldn't stay up on his own and the boys couldn't carry him the whole way draped over their shoulders.

Then I had an idea, I went down to them, found two sticks on the ground and took one of the bed sheets out of my bag. I made a small stretcher-like contraption by tying the bed sheets to the two sticks. Minho and Frypan both looked at me in shock.

"You, my friend, are brilliant!" Minho said.

"Cheers." I replied smiling. I gave them the contraption and they picked up Jack and put him on the bed sheet.

And with that we were off again, Minho and Frypan each carrying Jack. Newt and Emmy walking beside me.

"I'm gonna be honest here, we would all probably be dead without you." Newt said looking at me.

"Then you should be glad you have me, cause if you didn't you would have to listen to Thomas' dumb ideas." I replied.

"Hey! I heard that!" Thomas shouted from the front.

"You were meant to!" I shouted back.

"Rude!" He yelled and started fake crying, "I'm hurt!"

We carried on walking through the blithering heat, the red sun shining down on us. We've been walking for hours with no stop.

"Hey guys, there's some sort of old building there lets have a break!" Minho announced.

We all sighed in relief and walked quickly to the shelter. It was some old ruins but it had shade. All of us sat down. Newt and I sat against a wall, his arm around my shoulders, Emmy on my lap, her head on my chest. I could tell she was getting tired, she was only four after all.

"Why don't you try to go to sleep, princess?" Newt asked, also noticing she was tired.

"Can you tell me a story?" She asked with puppy eyes.

"Course. What type of story?" He asked.

"Tell me about you and mummy." She replied.

"Okay. Once upon a time there was a boy, he woke up in a dark box with no memories. He suddenly heard a noise-" I dramatically gasped, "-It was a girl 'Are you okay?' the girl asked, 'I don't rememb-' the boy was cut off by a blaring alarm, the girl tried to stand up but ended up falling on top of the boy. The box was then opened, bright light spilled into the confined space. They were brought out of the box and realised they were in a place called 'the glade' it was surrounded by a giant maze with monsters in it. The boy and the girl had to share a room, but at the start they didn't like each other very much, they always argued and called each other names. But then the boy got into an accident and the girl looked after him, that's when the boy noticed how beautiful and caring the girl was. They became friends, best friends even, they were practically joined at the hip. And that's when he realised he was in love with the girl, the girl was also in love with him. They started dating and after a year and a half the boy knew he wanted her forever, he asked her to marry him and to his surprise she said yes. So they got married and ended up escaping the maze. And now we're here." He explained.

"Aww, Newt, come here." I said and pulled him into a sweet kiss.

"I always cry at that story!" Minho cried over dramatically.

"You guys are so cute." Anna said.

The girl on my lap was now fast asleep.

"Hey, where's Thomas?" I asked.

"He went to check if he could see the mountains from here." Frypan explained.

Newt got up and went to the edge of the wall, "Hey, how's it going?!" He yelled.

"Just a little closer!" Thomas shouted.

"Well that doesn't sound very convincing." Newt said.

A loud bang suddenly went through the air, Emmy woke up screaming and I jumped in surprise.

Jack was holding a gun in his hand Newt quickly ran up and got it from him, we all got up from our sitting positions and Thomas sprinted in.

"What happened!?" He yelled frantically.

"I don't know, he just woke up and grabbed the gun then he tried to..." Frypan explained.

Jack got up on his knees and started coughing up black blood.

"Jack, are you okay?" Thomas asked frantically.

He kept coughing and when he stopped he laid down on the ground gasping for breath.

"It's growing." Jack said and then lifted up his shirt, his stomach was covered in black veins and scratches, black blood was pouring out of the deep cuts. "I'm not gonna make it." He said. "Please. Please." He said putting his hand out for Newt to give him the gun. "Don't let me turn into one of those things."

Newt looked down and sighed, he looked at the gun in his hand and then started walking forward towards Jack. He crouched down beside him, reached out his hand and gave him the gun.

"Thank you." Jack said. "Now get outta here."

"Goodbye Jack." Newt said. He then got up, grabbed his things and started walking away, taking Emmy with him.

I crouched down in front of Jack, "Go." He said. I sighed, tears welling up in my eyes.

"I'm sorry w-we couldn't save you." I said, he smiled at me.

"Take care of them, YN." He said. I nodded, got up, got my things and followed behind Newt and Emmy.

They didn't get far, they were walking slowly so it wasn't hard to catch up with them. Newt stopped as he saw me, he turned to me and then pulled me into a hug. Tears started falling down my cheeks.

"Shh, it's alright, he won't feel the pain anymore." Newt whispered and kissed my head, Emmy then hugged both of our legs. "Aww, princess, come here." Newt said and picked Emmy up helping her join our hug. The three of us pulled away, Emmy was still sitting on Newt's hip. He kissed my lips and then her cheek.

"I love you, Newt." I said.

"I love you too, YN." He replied.

The others soon came out and we started slowly walking away, Newt standing next to me carrying Emmy, the girl already asleep in his arms.

We continued to walk when the sound of a gun shot echoed through the air. We all stopped in our tracks just taking a breath. After a couple of minutes we started walking again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 24 13
y/n arrives into the maze being the only girl ever. y/n and newt start to get close as time progresses. she starts to get her memories back when th...
449K 15.7K 27
Thomas finds himself waking up inside a box and being welcomed by a cruel and cold guy named Newt. What is he hiding? Will Thomas ever learn? Will yo...
18.2K 335 30
Newt X fem. Reader TW!!!: mentions of self harm, suicidal thoughts and rape/attempted rape All around violence Horrible description of story: You're...
1.5K 24 18
She woke up in the box like everyone else. She was the sixth person to be sent into the Glade. But what happens when she meets a certain blonde boy. ...