No Return (The Return Series)

By Ceasless_Void

Book 1 Ash Ketchum had supposedly died in that Forest Fire created by the Boss of Team Rocket Giovanni after... More

Author's Note
Everybody's Pokemon and Age
The Betrayal
The Reason
The Truth
The Opening
The Deception
The Question
The Discovery
The Plan
The Offer
The Promise
The Date
The Contact
The Rift
The Finals
The Beginning
The Return
The Redemption
The Destruction
Epilogue
Sequel

The Revenge

949 16 1
By Ceasless_Void

Sorry for the wait had some things going on in my life and I started reading Pokemon Adventures X and Y and I made a new cover or whatever for this story but it is here now enjoy

After Ash finished speaking he turned and began walking away whistling quietly before being yanked back by Brock. "You think you can just walk away, after vanishing for 4 years? Do you not remember what memories we shared," Brock asked furious. " I would not like to recall any adventures with any of you, the last memories I have of all of you is you believing the wrong man," Ash threw out. "Besides, I have business to attend to with my friends who didn't throw me out," yet again Ash began walking away. Everything was silent until May Dawn called out, "please Ash just speak with us, it only has to be for 10 minutes then you can leave." Ash froze. He knew it was a bad idea to go talk to the people who were the reason he had to fake his own death, yet Ash found himself agreeing. "Fine," Ash said, "I'll speak with you for 10 minutes, but only you," he continued pointing at Dawn. " Hold on," Misty interjected loudly, "if Dawn goes and talks to you, we all go and we don't know what you are going to do," "I merely do not have the time and I gain nothing from what you are implying, Gym Leader," "why do you want to speak with Dawn alone," Iris questioned, Ash sighed realizing where this conversation would lead to, yet continued being too stubborn to back down, "I know what you are thinking, but let me confirm this with you. Yes I once did have feelings for a Pokemon Coordinator named Dawn, no I do not have feelings for a Pokemon Coordinator named Dawn anymore, no I will not battle you, yes I need to go train, no you are not my friends and yes Paul and Jimmy are my friends," the traitors were speechless with their mouths wide open in shock until a voice rang out, "you deny having feelings for the girl, yet you wish to speak with her alone. That gives me mixed ideas Ash." A mysterious voice rang out. "Who's there," Max cried out looking slightly startled, Ash sighed. "Last time I checked you had a crush on our cousin, isn't that right Paul." The traitors watched as two shadowy figures emerged from the darkness. When Jimmy and Paul finally reached the light the traitors got a good look at them, Jimmy had Black hair just like his father but Blue eyes just like his mother (the traitors didn't know that though), he was wearing denim jeans and a red jacket that he had gotten from his father (again the traitors didn't know that), meanwhile Paul still had purple hair in the same style as it was during the Sinnoh League, he was wearing a dark blue hoodie and denim jeans. "Come on Ash, you know that was a joke, we were 4," Jimmy said, "tell that to aunt Sapphire and uncle Ruby," Ash snickered, Paul also looked slightly amused. "They didn't find the joke funny," Ash snickered again, "Anyways we're wasting time, Dawn come on." The traitors watched Dawn disappear from view with Ash, meanwhile Jimmy and Paul studied the traitors with bored expressions, suddenly May turned to Paul, "how long have you known," "please elaborate on what you are trying to ask me," "How long have you known Ash was alive," May asked, annoyed, Paul smirked knowing he was getting under their skin, "a few years maybe, not sure." Paul answered. "Why do you ask," "why do we ask," Max spoke through gritted teeth, "we thought our friend was dead for 4 years now we find out he is alive and you knew this entire time," "why wouldn't you tell us," Gary yelled. "Why didn't I tell you. Here's why I didn't tell you, I barely know any of you, we can barely call each other acquainances and who's to say that Ash even wanted you to know if he was alive," Paul countered, "well, Paul and I really need to go pick up our friend and leave because we have to talk to someone, bye," Jimmy said and walked off in the direction that Ash and Dawn had walked off to. The traitors were, yet again, left speechless until Brock said, "Paul's right, Ash probably didn't want us to know. The last memories he had of us were us accusing him so why would he want us to know," everyone was silent as they contemplated all of their decisions that had lead to the moment they were in right now.

With Ash and Dawn:

Ash and Dawn walked silently. Neither of them made any indication that they would start talking, that was until Ash finally came to a halt next to a thick tree. "So," Ash began, "what are your goals and aspirations for life, Dawn." "I'm still aiming to be the best at Pokemon Coordinating," Dawn answered passionately, "Hmph," Ash muttered, "what, don't you believe in Pokemon Contests anymore," Dawn yelled. "I do not care for Contests, they are simply not worth my time. By confining a Pokemon's strength you are not allowing it to reach it's true potential," Ash replied, " a Pokemon's true potential can be reached through battling. Even if I believe that my goal has changed, I no longer care less about spouting my pointless dreams to the world, I now drown in a sea of blackness waiting to be rescued" "wha-," Dawn was shell-shocked, "I would not expect someone like you to understand my goals but I fight for the cause I believe in," Ash told her, "I am the Fighter. Just like my Father."

With Jimmy and Paul:

"Did you see the who you are versing," Jimmy asked Paul, "Yea," Paul replied, Brandon, you then a kid named Trip," "Ash hasn't even realized yet but he is versing Cynthia next, I don't think he was paying much attention to the draw, he probably won't check it until tonight so he knows what time he has to wake up" Jimmy told Paul. "Do you think Ash can be redeemed," Paul asked suddenly," "well-," Jimmy began, "I've been thinking about our chat with your Mum and Dad and their, erm, friends, anyways Giovanni's plan starts in around 2 weeks and the only ones that will be prepared is Ash, you and I. The reason I brought this up is because of Ash, do you actually think he can be redeemed," Paul cut Jimmy off, "well, it's hard to say. The reason Ash joined Team Rocket in the first place was because he had no one. His friends abandoned him and he didn't know what family he had. Ash does still have feelings for the Coordinator Dawn. It will take a lot for Ash to betray Giovanni. Even if Red shows his face which is unlikely he is more likely to attack his parents who he never knew," Jimmy replied, "we need to tell Dawn of this and what's at stake because Ash is one of the few people who has a chance of stopping Giovanni. We have to get them back together before Giovanni attacks because it may be our only hope," Paul explained, "we can only hope," Jimmy muttered.

The Next Morning:

9:00am Ash's alarm clock blared. Why was it set so early you may ask, well because the people running this tournament that he was participating in had the audacity to make his match the first match of the day. In. Stadium. 1. Just because he was versing Cynthia, the strongest Champion and all that bullshit. But now. Now he would crush her. Like he should've 4 years ago. But now he would do it in front of the largest crowd ever. He would utterly humiliate her. Maybe over time he would come to forgive his former travel companions but not Cynthia. Why you may ask, well because unlike the other traitors Cynthia was competent at what she did. She was the Champion of Sinnoh after all. Recognized for being the strongest in all of Sinnoh. Yet even she couldn't see the obvious scheme and now he was going to embarrass her on live television for the entire world to see what a great champion they have. Ash was broken from his trail of thought from snoring, "Piiiii, pika, piiiii," Ash looked over and there was Pikachu, snoring in the bed cuddling with a ketchup bottle. "Buneary is gonna be pissed," Ash snickered as he got changed and walked out of the room.

20 Minutes Later:

As Ash slowly made his way onto the field the first thing he heard was the roaring of the crowd. But this didn't help it just made it so Ash couldn't concentrate properly. As Ash made his way onto the field his first realization was that the crowd was cheering for Cynthia, this would just make his victory all the sweeter. Everyone was thinking that Cynthia would crush this average trainer with no title. Ash looked around. He was finally on the field and he stood there silently waiting for the ref to address him, "This battle is between Trainer Red of Pallet Town, Kanto and Champion Cynthia of Celestic Town, Sinnoh, Trainers send out your first Pokemon." "Go, Togekiss," Cynthia called out as she threw her Pokeball out, "Toge," The Pokemon cried out. Ash was silent but a Pokémon jumped onto the field, to say the crowd were shocked was an understatement, they were downright shocked. "Evoi," The evolution Pokemon cried as it faced its flying adversary. "Battle begin," the referee cried. "Togekiss, let's end this quickly, use Aura Sphere, full power," Cynthia yelled. "Use Shadow Ball," Ash countered. The two moves clashed the middle creating an explosion. "Now Eevee, use Swift," Ash yelled, "Eeeveeee!" The Pokemon cried at he let off his attack, "Togekiss dodge," Cynthia cried desperately, though it was too late the Pokemon was unable to dodge. "Togeee," The Pokemon cried in pain as it fell from the sky, "Togekiss, no!" Cynthia cried. The Pokemon hit the ground, "Toge," The Pokemon cried with swirls in its eyes. The entire stadium was silent but they were all looking where the fainted Togekiss lay. Ash was getting impatient so he yelled, "stop acting shocked I'm the former champion of the Kanto region. It's just a fainted Pokemon its not that big a deal." "C-champion C-cynthia please send out your next Pokemon," the ref tripped over his words. "Go Garchomp," Cynthia yelled. "Battle begin," the ref called out. "Garchomp use Dragon Rush," Cynthia cried, "Garrr!" Garchomp cried as it began glowing blue. Ash was silent. "Garrchomp! The Pokemon yelled as it began flying at Eevee. The crowd watched in anticipation as Cynthia's most powerful raced towards Ash's Eevee. Eevee stood facing the glowing dragon. 30 metres. 20 metres. 10 metres. 5 metres. 1 metres. "Dodge," Ash yelled. Eevee dropped onto its knees and ducked narrowly avoiding the Dragon Rush but Ash wasn't phased. "Use swift," Ash yelled. "Garchomp, Use Fire Blast!" Cynthia cried. "Garrr/Eevoiii!" Both Pokemon cried. The attacks met in the middle covering the stadium in smoke. Slowly the smoke began to clear and both Garchomp and Eevee were standing tall. "Now hit it with Fire Blast again Garchomp," Cynthia yelled. Garchomp jumped into the air and cried, "Garrrchompp," Yet again Ash was silent. The blast radius of Fire Blast was too big for him to get Eevee to dodge at the last second, but he had some tricks up his sleeve. "Now Eevee, use Mirror Coat," Ash yelled, "Eevoiii," Eevee cried as it began to glow rainbow colours. The Fire Blast hit Eevee directly but Eevee was just concentrating on deflecting the attack, "Eevoiiii!" Eevee cried as it launched a rainbow beam back at Garchomp. "Garchomp quick block it," Cynthia cried. Garchomp managed to put its wings in front of its face protecting it from some of the damage which saved it. "Garr," Garchomp cried out in pain as it fell from the sky. "Garchomp, No!" Cynthia yelled. Garchomp couldn't recover in time and hit the ground. The world seemed to silence itself because there was no noise as soon as Garchomp hit the ground. But Garchomp arose from the dust. "Garchomp, return," Cynthia immediately called out. Garchomp returned to its Pokeball to rest for use later in the match. "Go Roserade," "Battle begin the ref yelled. "Roserade, use Toxic Spikes," Cynthia cried. "Roserr," The Pokemon yelled in determination as it lauched Toxic Spikes into the air. Ash was frozen. He had a flashback to his battle against Paul in the Sinnoh League and how Toxic Spikes had messed up his team. He had used Infernape to get rid of the Toxic Spikes then by using Flare Blitz underground but what if he destroyed the Toxic Spikes before they hit the ground. "Eevee, use Shadow Ball on the Toxic Spikes before the break apart from each other," Ash yelled, "Eevoii!" The Pokemon cried as it launched its move into the air successfully destroying the Toxic Spikes. "Roserade, use Sludge Bomb, "Counter with Swift," Ash called out, "Now use Shadow Ball," "Leaft Storm." The two moves clashed but one didn't appear to be stronger than the other. "Roserade, use Leaf Storm again," Cynthia called out. "Eevee, take it," Ash yelled and so his Eevee stood and took the Leaf Storm, like Ash predicted Eevee was unfazed. "What's with that," Cynthia wondered aloud. "Your Pokemon is using Leaf Storm, thats a move when every time you use it it lowers your Roserade's Special Attack so right now no matter what move you use, Eevee can take it," Ash replied, "Now use Shadow Ball," "Quickly, use Sludge Bomb," Cynthia cried out. It was a futile attempt, after all the Special Attack drops Roserade suffered it could only watch as Shadow Ball hit it, "Roserade," The Pokemon spoke weakly with swirls in its eyes. "Roserade is unable to battle, the winner is Eevee. Cynthia please send out your next Pokemon." The ref called out. "Go Vespiquen," Cynthia yelled. "Vespiiquen," the Pokemon cried. "Battle begin," the ref yelled. "Vespiquen use Bug Buzz," "Eevee, use Protect," Ash called out, "Eeveee," the Pokemon cried as a protective barrier appeared around it. "Vespiquen, use Bug Buzz again," "Protect," Ash called again, then another thing came into his mind. He would taunt Cynthia in front of millions of people, live. "Come on, seriously. The mighty Sinnoh Champion, Cynthia is halted by a simple Eevee using Protect. I thought the point of being a Champion was to be the best of the best not a pushover." The crowd was silent, their eyes all on Cynthia. Cynthia said nothing, her expression was unreadable until she smiled, "you know, people always say the I'm the strongest trainer but that's not true. Before this tournament I hadn't battled in months, I still felt guilty about what happened 4 years ago. I accused an innocent boy of a crime he didn't commit and now he's dead. If Ash were to come back I would want him to know that I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I did." Ash was taken aback. He had gone into this match to destroy and humiliate her, but now he felt that he had some closure that he never thought he wanted. "Back to the battle," Cynthia yelled to him, "Vespiquen, use Air Slash," "Eevee, use Protect," "Use Bug Buzz," "Use Protect," "Try to break the Protect, Vespiquen. Use Hyper Beam," Cynthia cried. "Hold it, Eevee," Ash yelled "Eevoiii/Vespiii!" Both Pokemon cried as Eevee protected itself in a green bubble surrounding it and Vespiquen launched a purple beam that collided with the green energy bubble. The energy flow stopped until there was a large explosion where Eevee stood. "Eevee is una-," the ref was cut off by Ash yelling, "Eevee, launch swift 45 degrees into the air from where you're facing," Cynthia didn't respond in time. She thought that Eevee was down so when a Swift attack came out of the smoke, she was not ready. Even if she was this was all part of Ash's plan. To bait her into using a move that had a recharge after. "Vespiquen, dodge," Cynthia cried desperately but Vespiquen did not instead being hit dead on by the move. It hit the ground and cried out with swirls in it's eyes "Vespi," "Vespiquen is unable to battle the winner is Eevee." 'Ash 3, Cynthia 0' Ash thought. "Cynthia please send out your next Pokemon," the ref said, "Go, Gastrodon," Cynthia yelled, "Battle begin," "Gastrodon, use Ice Beam," Cynthia cried, "Eevee, use Shadow Ball," the two moves collided sparking an explosion, "Gastrodon, use Water Pulse," "Eevee, use Swift," "Gastrodon use Water Pulse at 65 degrees to the ground in front of Eevee," Cynthia yelled, "Eevee, dodge," Eevee achieved this by jumping into the air, "Now Gastrodon, use Earth Power on where Eevee is going to land," Cynthia yelled. Ash was silent as Eevee came back down, right until Eevee was about to hit the ground and just as Earth Power went off, "Eevee, use Shadow Ball on the ground," Shadow Ball successfully stopped Earth Power from damaging Eevee. "Charge at it, Eevee," "Gastrodon, use Ice Beam in front of Eevee to stop it," "Use Shadow Ball to deflect it," Ash yelled, "Now launch another Shadow Ball at Gastrodon," "Ev ev ev evoii," the Pokemon cried, "Gastrodon, use Ice Beam," Cynthia yelled but she soon realised her mistake. She had focused on the move and not the Pokemon. Now Eevee was right in front of Gastrodon and Ash played off of this, "Eevee use Swift," the attack was launched so close that Eevee's tail nearly touched Gastrodon, "Gastro," the Pokemon cried with swirls in it's eyes, "Gastrodon is unable to battle so the winner is Eevee," the ref announced. Cynthia was quiet as she returned her Pokemon, "Go, Lucario," She yelled, "Aura Sphere," "Eevee, use Shadow Ball," Ash countered, the two moves clashed in the middle sparking an explosion. "Lucario, use Flash Cannon," "Lucarr," the Pokemon cried as it fired off a bright white beam of energy, "Eevee, use Protect," "Eevoii," the Pokemon cried as it created a green force field around itself. Flash Cannon clashed with Protect doing nothing. "Use Dark Pulse," "Counter with Swift," "Aura Sphere," "Swift," "Dragon Pulse," "Shadow Ball," "Lucario, launch Aura Sphere into the air," "carr," the Pokemon cried as it launched the move into the air, "Eevee, while it's distracted hit it with Shadow Ball," "Eevoii," the Pokemon cried as it launched it's attack, "Lucario block it," Cynthia yelled, Lucario managed to put it's arms up to block most of the damage, "Lucario, use Dark Pulse straight through the smoke," "Eevee, use Protect," the Protect held and Eevee was unharmed, "Lucario keep your distance and keep trying to hit Eevee with Aura Sphere," Cynthia yelled, "Eevee, after it." Eevee narrowly dodged each of the Aura Spheres as it ran after Lucario, suddenly Ash heard some sort of whisling noise. Ash was trying to figure out what it was until he looked up, there it was. The Aura Sphere that Cynthia had Lucario fire up into the air when it was first send out, "Eevee, use Protect," it was too late. Eevee was very tired from the previous battles it had with Cynthia's other Pokemon. The Protect shattered instantly from the speed of the Aura Sphere. "Now while it's weak get close and use Aura Sphere," Cynthia yelled, "Carr," Lucario cried determined as it jumped into the smoke. Neither Ash nor Cynthia could see what was going on until there was a blue flash of light. Aura Sphere. Cynthia was smiling knowing she had beaten the Eevee until there was a rainbow flash of light and a noise, "Carr," Lucario cried out in pain as it was launched by a beam of rainbow energy out of the smoke, "Lucario, no," Cynthia cried, "Carr," the Pokemon said with swirls in its eyes, "Lucario is unable to battle, the winner is Eevee, Cynthia please send out your last Pokemon," the ref announced, "Go Garchomp, battle dance," "Garrr," the Pokemon cried ready for battle, "Use Fire Blast," "Use Shadow Ball," the two moves clashed in the middle of the battlefield, "Eevee, use Swift," "Garchomp, hit it away with Brick Break," "Garr," the Pokemon cried as it knocked away the golden stars racing towards it, Ash saw Cynthia pull something out of her pocket. "Garchomp, come here," Cynthia called out to the dragon. Eevee looked back at Ash asking for commands, Ash put his hand up signaling to wait, until Ash realised what it was Cynthia had given Garchomp and if he was right he was going to be here a lot longer than he wanted. "Eevee, use Shadow Ball and brace yourself," "Eevoii," the Pokemon cried as it launched the dark purple sphere at the dragon-ground type Pokemon. Cynthia pulled something else out of her pocket and if Ash was right then he knew exacly what she had just pulled out of her pocket, "Garchomp, Mega Evolve," Cynthia yelled. "Garrr-chomp," the Pokemon cried as it evolved even further, "Now Garchomp hit it with Fire Blast," "Eevee, Protect," "Use Brick Break." The shield Eevee had was completely shattered and Eevee was launched into the air. Not only were Ash and Eevee losing momentum, they were losing ground. "Eevee, we need to end this quickly before it gets out of hand," Ash yelled up to Eevee, "Eevoii," the Pokemon cried determined, "Alright use Shadow Ball," "Garchomp use Fire Blast," "Garchomp, use Dragon Rush," "Garr," the Pokemon yelled as it turned blue and began flying at Eevee who was still falling through the air. Ash waited. And waited. Until Garchomp was about to hit Eevee, "Now Eevee, use Swift," "Eevoii," the Pokemon cried as it hit Garchomp with a close range swift. The explosion was in the air but Eevee was still falling through the air. "Eevee, use Protect to cushion your fall," Ash yelled. "Garchomp while it's distracted hit it with Hyper Beam," "Garr," the Pokemon cried and then a purple beam of energy shot out of the smoke. "Eevee, use Mirror Coat," "Eevoii," the Pokemon cried covering itself with rainbow energy. Hyper Beam hit it. "Go now Eevee," Ash yelled, "Eevoiii," the Pokemon cried as it launched the attack back. "Eevee, quick cushion your fall with Protect," "Eevoii," the Pokemon cried as it barely managed to get the Protect up. Garchomp was not so lucky, it fell from the sky fainted with no way to cushion its fall. Garchomp hit the ground with a bang. "G-garchomp is unab-able t-to battle, the winner is Eevee so the match goes to R-red of Pallet Town," the ref announced. Time seemed to stop. Everyone was staring at Ash. "Garchomp return, you battled well take a good rest," Cynthia whispered into her Pokeball as she returned her Pokemon. Cynthia began to walk into the middle of the battlefield, Ash met her halfway. "It was a good battle," Cynthia told him, "yea," Ash agreed not really focused rereading the message Giovanni had just sent him, 'the plan begins in 8 days. You cannot tell Jimmy or Paul.'

3914 Words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

709K 9K 108
Ash Ketchum, with Pikachu and the rest of his Kalos team (except for Goodra & Greninja), return home to Pallet Town, where his former travelling comp...
181K 2.1K 14
Ash Ketchum is betrayed by those who he once considered friends. His mother disowns him saying he brought shame to her name. Pikachu was killed by Tr...
161K 2K 60
Ash and his friends get betrayed by his old traveling Companions. find out what he does after a large amount of training. Disclaimer: I DO NOT OWN P...
27.9K 864 20
Pokemon. Amazing creatures that have changed how people live in the Pokémon world. But what if, hundreds of years before Ash Ketchum started his jour...