The Man and God

By imu_tiramisoo

This is a short story about the conversation between God and a man who died before he got reincarnated. ig: s... More

The man and God

147 10 12
By imu_tiramisoo

The man was on his way home from work, when unexpectedly, he died. He was in a car accident. Everything happened so fast but slow enough for the man to realize what was happening. I'm going to die, he thought. In that moment, a blinding light engulfed him. To others it was the car light but to him it was the door to someplace... he just didn't know where. 

The man had an average job, average looks, an average life, overall he was an average human being. 

He was fortunate enough to be born into a loving home. 

It was- like the man- an average family with loving parents and annoying siblings. He went to school, made friends, graduated college (had a few partners over the years but ended up single until his death), and went to work in a good company. The man walked through life like any other human being, experiencing all the joy and stress that came with it. 

The man opened his eyes and found himself in a place that seems to stretch for eternity. The place was a void of nothingness but it was very bright. 

In that voided scene he saw a figure standing in front of him. 

"Who are you?" The man questioned the mysterious figure in front of him. 

The unknown figure looked like a man. Or maybe even a woman. But Just like him, it was average looking. The figure exuded an elegant and authoritative aura unlike the man.

"I have many names. Creator, Lord,  Holy Spirit, or as what most human know me as, God. But I like to think that I'm just me," the mysterious figure-god, smiled gently.

"What... what happened?" The man asked again as he tried to piece everything together. "Did I... did I die?"

"Yup. Oh, but don't worry, everyone dies. It's the nature of life. It was inevitable," god said to the man, trying to reassure him.

Silence.

"My family- Is my family okay?"

God chuckled, "what a lovely soul. If it's any consolation, although they may be grieving as of the moment, they're fine." 

It broke into a huge grin as it continued, "I'm pretty sure you've known this your whole life but your family loves you very much."

"Oh."

He knows that he was loved, but why couldn't he remember how it felt, being embraced in a loving family? Why couldn't he feel the sadness of leaving his loved ones behind? Is sadness not the natural reaction? Why couldn't he feel it?

The man looked down to be met with the ground, his legs and feet seemed to disappear. Or did he not have legs in the first place. He couldn't remember. His memories as a human being was slowly fading. All he could see was the ground. 

"Come walk with me." 

The man tilted his head but before he could ask anything, god has already started walking. The man hurridely caught up to him.

"Where are we going?" The man asked as they walked in rythm, side by side.

"Hmm," It didn't answer for a while. "Somewhere but nowhere in particular."

"Nowhere? Am I not going to heaven or hell? Or am I going to Limbo? Purgatory?"

"Nope. You're going back." 

"Am I not dead already?"

God heaved a hearty laugh, "You are, silly. Did you not hear?"

"Why am I dead when I'm supposed to go back? Will you return me? It's that I'm going to be someone but not be them."

"Of course, I'm going send you back. Have you not heard of the concept reincarnation?"

They walk in silence before the man spoke up again, "am I going to reincarnate into a fantasy world, where magic exists like in those books I read." 

It laughed, "No. You're going back to earth... just not as you nor are you going to be reborn in the same timeline, possibly a little bit further."

"Whoa, so we're time travelling. Am I going to keep my previous memories?"

God quirked an eyebrow amused, "I do not have the concept of time. Humans are full of limitations. Even if I do let you keep memories of your past life, you would soon forget about it as you grow, simply because the brain is limited. You are limited with what you can do or understand"

"Oh." 

The man to look around to see nothing. In this bright place of nothingness, the only something is the man and god. 

The man asked, "where are we?"

"You are here." The figure beside him said, matter-of-factly.

"But where is 'here'?"

"Here is... here. Feel free to call it whatever you want if it makes you feel comfortable."

"Could this actually be heaven?" The prospect of this place as heaven had somehow disappointed him ever so slightly.

"Why? Are you disappointed?" It asked.

"How did you-?" The man stared at God, baffled in amusement.

"I am omniscient, I know everything from the unknown universe to the very atoms that make up a human body."

"If you know everything then why are you asking me?"

It broke into a huge grin, "to talk with you silly. I want to talk with you."

The man stayed quiet for a while, it's answer was so simple that he felt stupid. 

"Well, I was hopping for a castle, some angels singing and playing trumpets, maybe a red carpet, or an oasis of some sort. I don't know... something extravagant. I expected something, but not... nothing."

Not answering the man, god just smiled, listening to the man ramble on about what he thought 'here' is. 

It halted on it's steps, prompting the man to stop too. 

"We're here."

Looking around, the man was confused, "um... there's nothing here."

"It's time for you to continue on this journey by yourself. You don't need me anymore. This is the end of my journey with you and the start of your's."

"Can I ask you something?"

God nodded.

"Why me?"

It pondered over for a bit but the man knows all too well that it knew the answer from the start.

"Every soul is my children and every single child is beautifully and wonderfully made. I love my children. The entire universe in which I made out of nothing, is it not enough proof of my love?"

"But you didn't answer my question." 

God looked at him and the man knew that, it wasn't going to give him an answer in the first place. The man sigh and look ahead to see a road has appear. The road starts out in one direction until it branches out. Some roads were well paved, hovering over dangerous pits. Some roads were bumpy and rocky but was piercing through clouds. 

The man silently looked at the room before facing God, "am I going to see you again?"

God laughed and gave the biggest grin, as if the answer was obvious, "silly child, I'm always with you, you just don't see it."

The man felt relived, before taking his eyes away from god. Taking a deep breath the man stepped on the road when he was engulfed in white light.

The man or the girl open her eyes to see doctors surrounding her. She could smell the hospital fragrance. She could see the white hospital room that she was in.

In that moment the sadness of leaving her loved ones of her previous life dawned on her.

 Those memories of her previous life is now nothing but fleeting memories that would soon be forgotten forever. Even now her memories were starting to get hazy. 

Without realizing she cried, she cried louder and louder expressing her sorrows before starting her new beginning.

Her new journey of life.

A/N: It's funny really because I'm a christian writing a story about reincarnation despite the lack of support of the idea. No, I'm not converting. This was just an apllication of a passing thought I had. Even if the concept of reincarnation isn't suported, sometimes, sometimes I wonder maybe God recycles souls. Erase the old data and send an empty usb to earth ready to be filled with new data again. And sometimes not all the data was erased before they're sent that's why some people remember past lives. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
142K 323 12
A bunch of requested oneshots. Sexually explicit. Don't report. If you don't like it, Fuck off.
96.2K 4.1K 60
โžฝJust short love stories...โค โ‡โค๏ธ. โ‡๐Ÿ–ค. โ‡โ™ฅ๏ธ. โ‡๐Ÿ’™. โ‡๐Ÿฉท. โžฝ๐Ÿค Ongoing [Ignore grammatical mistakes. I will improve my writings gradually.]
50K 3.7K 47
Shubish oneshots because why not. Mainly fluff with a little angst on the side. Ps- I wanted to write like a long story but I lack a good main plot a...