𝐇𝐘𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐄𝐃 - kid f...

By SONDERCIDE

Elias Burner was just an ordinary girl in a world of super heroes, until a deadly lab accident changed her li... More

Meet Elias Burner
Chapter 1- The Origin
Chapter 2- Changes
Chapter 3- Distrust
Chapter 4- Recovery
Chapter 5- A New Life
Chapter 6- Happy Birthday
Chapter 7 - Opportunity
Chapter 8- A New 'Acquaintance'
Chapter 9- A Lunch Date
Chapter 10- Unprepared Emotions
Chapter 11- The Beginning
Chapter 12 -Start of a New Team
Chapter 13- Cadmus' Secret
Chapter 14- Clone Problems
Chapter 15 - Captivity
Chapter 16 - An Unlikely Savior
Chapter 17 - Cadmus' Monster
Chapter 18 - The League's Orders and...Relationships?
Chapter 19 - Pizza Pops
Chapter 20 - Excessive Use of Sarcasm
Chapter 21 - Flirting at the Mall
Chapter 22 - Today's the Day
Chapter 24 - Mr. Twister
Chapter 25 - Finishing the Job
Chapter 26 - A Late Night Walk
Chapter 27 - Molecular Vibration Training
Chapter 28 - Moving into the Mountain
Chapter 29 - Debriefing
Chapter 30 - Upgrades People!
Chapter 31- Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 32 - Mission Start
Chapter 33 - 'Venting'
Chapter 34 - Ice Cold Containment
Chapter 35 - The Ship Sails
Chapter 36 - Afternoon After
Chapter 37 - Schooled
a/n - New Wally West x Reader
Chapter 38 - First Day of School
Chapter 39 - Enter Artemis
Chapter 40 - Outfiltrated
Chapter 41 - School's Hell
Chapter 42 - Cheap Pizza
5th Anniversary Special
!Preview! - WIP Anniversary Comic
A/N - heyyy 1 year later lmao

Chapter 23 - Distraction?

1K 27 5
By SONDERCIDE

3rd POV

It was late in the night, just a couple days after the young heroes officially formed their team, four of the teens were snooping in pursuit of a certain ex-sidekick. They wanted to convince the red head to join their team so they joined him in his attack on Brick's smuggling operation

Hyper joined reluctantly as she didn't have the best relationship with the archer, but she didn't want to miss out on any action.

The teens stood in the shadows as Speedy shot an explosive arrow at the large man, causing his gun to explode. Brick quickly instructed his henchmen to open fire on the Speedy, but before they could the four teens got to work.

They immediately stepped in, quickly taking the henchmen down, leaving Speedy to handle the invulnerable man.

"They're giving us a location and they'll be deploying us on covert missions," Robin spoke as they all dodge boulders being hurdled at them, "real missions this time."

"Join us, we can work as a team together!" Aqualad adds on and Speedy scoffs before shooting another arrow Bricks way, immediately trapping him within a thick sludge like substance.

"I don't need adult supervision or a club house to work with you guys. Your whole 'team' sounds like a joke, a distraction to keep you out of trouble," Speedy criticizes harshly, "Hard pass." Hyper immediately rolls her eyes at his words.

"Honestly didn't expect a different answer from you," she mumbles and he sends a glare her way.

"You guys are free to keep playing heroes while the League makes a mockery of you, I won't have any part in it," he says simply before walking away, leaving the four alone with the captive villain.

"So much for getting him on the team," Kid Flash mumbles as a conflicted feeling overcomes the teens before they all went their separate ways.

Elias's POV

After the whole thing with Speedy, I was feeling a little put off. But I tried to push the negative feelings aside as I showed up to the Zeta Tube in Central City. Wally and I were supposed to meet up together so we could head to the Mountain with the others.

Of course, I was left waiting for him again. I looked at the time on my phone, it was already five minutes after the time I told him to meet me there. Just as I was about to shoot him a message I see him turn the corner and come to a stop just inches away from me.

"Only five minutes, that's an improvement from last time," Wally claims with a wink and I roll my eyes as I push him away from my face.

"Whatever, let's go. The other's are probably all waiting, and I'm dying to see M'ghan again!" I whine as I drag him along with me into the door in the alley. We input the location and the tube illuminated, quickly transporting us to the hideout.

We walked out and quickly meet up with Rob who seemed to have arrived just before us. I ran up behind him and swung and swung my arm around his shoulders, since we were basically the same height.

"Hey Rob, any updates on missions," I ask him eagerly and he shakes his head.

"I was just about to ask Aqualad that," he says and as if on cue, Kaldur approaches us. "Have you spoken to Red Tornado yet?" Rob asks him.

"He is supposed to be arriving now actually, we can speak to him as a team," He replies as he gestures towards Superboy and M'ghan who were already waiting.

"Sweet! I'm so ready for a first official mission, let's go!" I cheer enthusiastically as I let go of Rob and jog towards the ramp entrance with the rest of the team following close behind.

The ramp opens up and we all eagerly wait as he lands and makes his way towards us. Immediately the boys are bursting with questions about updates and news on mission.

"Missions are the Batman's responsibility, I am simply your guardian," the android replies and I groan slightly at his words.

"Yeah, but I'm sure you know at least some info on what's happening," Wally asks cheekily.

"You will be tested soon, have patience. For the time being, work on your compatibility as a team through team building and familiarizing yourselves with the mountain" he suggests simply before walking past us and into the building. I'm sure Speedy's harsh words from before were going through everybody's heads at the moment.

"A distraction, huh?" Rob mumbles in disappointment as Wally kicks a rock near his foot in frustration. I try not to let the situation get the best of me, but the disappointment and fear of being let down again seemed to be looming over me.

I didn't want Speedy's words to be true. None of us did.

"How about Superboy and I give you all a tour around the mountain since we live here! I'm sure it will be great for team building," M'ghan says in attempt to shift a mood and the looming feeling slowly begins to fade.

"Oh I'm down for a private tour," Wally suggests with a smirk, but Rob is quick to intervene.

"She never said private."

Aqualad adds in a commanding tone, "it's for team building, we will all go." With his word being final we prepared for the tour.

"Yeah, that sounds like fun! I'm sure I'll get lost in here if I start walking around on my own," I comment before running up beside her, ready to start the exploring. She smiled enthusiastically, while Superboy looked nothing short of irritated.

The tour was pretty simple, we explored the major facilities like the living room and the kitchen (where Wally ate burnt cookies for some reason), and we discussed how us operating in the mountain was essentially hiding in plain sight.

We all stood in the kitchen together, having a casual discussion over Wally consuming burnt cookies, before Kaldur decided to introduce himself using his true identity.

"My name is Kaldur'ahm, but you may call me Kaldur if you please," he says politely and M'ghan smiles in response. Wally immediately say this as an opportunity to get on her good side and proceeded to introduce himself as well.

"My name's Wally, I already trust you with my secret identity," he claims cockily and I rolled my eyes at him. "Unlike someone..." Wally hums jokingly as he looks in Robs direction.

"It's not his fault, Batman made him swear to never reveal his identity. I've known him for two years and I've still never seen him without him glasses," I reassure M'ghan with a smile. Wally pouts as the power of him claim suddenly diminishes with my statement.

"Oh, and you already know my name is Elias," I hum with a hand on my chest.

"My name on Mars is M'ghan, but since I'm living on Earth I've adopted an Earth name! You can call me Meghan," she says cheerfully. Superboy remained silent, the conversation seemed to have struck a nerve in him as he turned to leave the room.

Just before he left he suddenly shouted for Meghan to stay out of his head, leaving us all shocked and confused.

'What's wrong? Everyone communicates telepathically on Mars,' I hear Meghan's voice in my head and immediately grab my skull at the foreign feeling, everyone else seemed to experience the same thing as well.

"Stop M'ghan!" Kaldur commanded and her voice left my head. She apologized for the misunderstanding and I know we all forgave her. it's not her fault she isn't used to Earth customs, but I don't think Superboy would forgive her as easily.

To shift the tense vibe from our conversation, Meghan suggested to show us her spaceship. We all eagerly agreed to see it, except for Superboy who grudgingly followed along. She brings us to the hangar where her ship was 'sleeping' as she said.

She woke the ship and we all climbed on in an awestruck state. It was crazy, as we sat in the seats that suddenly formed when we entered, seatbelts automatically wrapped our torsos.

"This is so sick!" I exclaim as I look around the ship in awe, for a science geek such as myself this was pretty exciting. Wally proceeds to ask Meghan about her powers and if she can do the same things that Martian Manhunter can, which prompts her to demonstrate her shape shifting abilities.

She first takes on the form of a feminine looking Robin, and then a feminine looking Kid Flash, to which Wally responds well to. "Is it wrong to think I'm hot?" He ponders and I scoff.

"I have to admit, you'd look better with titties," I joke and he laughs sarcastically. Meghan turns around to face me and shifts into a spot on impersonation of me. "Damn, now that is spot on! That's so cool Meghan!" I cheer and she shifts back to herself, smiling bashfully.

"Can you phase through walls like MM too?" Rob asks eagerly.

"Ah, that's a very high level technique. I'm not quite there yet," She responds with a soft smile.

"Oh yeah, Flash can vibrate his molecules and move through objects, but Wally gets a bloody nose whenever he tries," I tease and Wally groans in response.

"Hey you can't do it either!" he complains.

"I can do it with my arms so I'm already closer than you," I reply with a cocky smile and he rolls his eyes, muttering a 'whatever'.

"Anyways, I can't phase through walls, but I can do this," Meghan says before something in the ship shifts. "Camouflage," she hums and I look out the window so see that the ship was practically invisible.

Our excitement and casual conversations were interrupted by the sound of Red Tornado calling from the radio of the ship.

"We just received alert that there's been a disturbance at the Happy Harbour power plant," Red Tornados voice echoed through the ship, we all shared confused expressions with one another.

"I'd like you to covertly investigate the alert," he continued.

"Alright, receiving coordinates of location now," Meghan replied before adjusting our course.

I can only hope that this wouldn't be a waste of time.

a/n tbh this chap is kinda boring but I swear next one will be better

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.2K 1K 14
Everyone has cracks, some are just better at hiding them then others. M'gann is lonely but the kindest. Aqualad had a very troubling past, but his...
23.8K 425 11
WELCOME OLD AND NEW READERS, I hope you like my new and improved story! You meet the team after helping them fight the Injustice league with your li...
227K 9.1K 27
After the death of his parents, Dick Grayson is taken in by his Uncle and trained to be a Talon. He has been training and preparing for four years of...
9.1K 688 57
Wally's gone. Richard's gone. Willow's gone. Emma is too afraid of anyone else leaving her. Finding her home, her old life, and being asked a cer...