The Youngest Crawley (Peter P...

By TS19009

(Downton Abbey!OC x Peter Parker) (Season 3 to present (Season 6 and movies)) Charlotte Crawley is the younge... More

Before you read (2024)
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Meeting my Soulmate
Chapter 2 - Morning Showers
Chapter 3 - Awkward Feelings
Chapter 4 - Show Home
Chapter 5 - Until We Meet Again
Chapter 6 - Unexpected
Chapter 7- The Next Step In Our Lives
Chapter 8 - Happiness and Pain
Chapter 9 - Telling
Chapter 10 - Everything Changes
Chapter 11 - Silent Hearts
Chapter 12 - Healing Hearts
Chapter 13 - Stick Together
Chapter 14 - Girls Night Out
Chapter 16 - Save Him
Chapter 17 - Cricket
Chapter 18 - Dun-Eagle: Part 1
Chapter 19 - Dun-Eagle: Part 2
Chapter 20 - The Wedding of Our Dreams
Thankssss
Writing again!! (Edited)
Chapter 21 - Honeymoon Bliss Continued
Chapter 22 - The Power of a Women
Chapter 23 - Secrets
Chapter 24 - Expecting
Chapter 25 - Rejection
Chapter 26 - Alfred
Chapter 27 - Band
Chapter 28 - A Female Friend
Chapter 29: Changing
Chapter 30 - Mrs. Dudley ward
Chapter 31- Undercover
Chapter 32- A New Chapter
Chapter 33 - Fire!

Chapter 15 - Deep

360 9 4
By TS19009

(Warnings: Blood)

"So, no news from Mr. Bates?" Charlotte asked, taking a sip of punch, as Anna sighed and shook her head no.

"No, nothing. Which is unusual, he's always so open." Anna said, as Charlotte patted Anna on the back.

"I'm sorry. That's terrible. Do you want me to ask Papa to look into it?" Charlotte asked.

"I already have. Nothings happened." She said, tears welling up in the corners of her eyes.

"Murry's working hard on his case. He'll get him out." Charlotte confidentiality said.

"I sure hope so," Anna said standing up. "Now, we've been out here for hours. We'd better go back to Mr. Parker." 

"Alright." Charlotte sighed, sad that she couldn't help any more. As they approached the car, Charlotte saw Peter leaning on the side of the car talking to another woman. He looked over her shoulder and spotted Charlotte and Anna and waved them over.

"How was lunch?" Peter asked as they both approached the car.

"Delicious, as always. How's your friend here?" Charlotte asked looking to the young woman behind him.

"This is Darling Ulself. She's the receptionist at the London shop, just stopping by to drop off some reports." Peter said, as Darling reached out her hand for Charlotte to shake.

"I'm Charlotte Crawley. Peter's Fiance." Charlotte said, as the woman gave a forced smile and shook her hand.

"Mr. Parker's said a lot about you." Darling said, looking to Peter.

"All good things I hope."Charlotte said, as Darling smiled and nodded.

"Of course, nothing but the best. Well, I better head back to London. Good to see you again Peter." She said, not even acknowledging Charlotte. 

"Wow, she was super rude." Charlotte scoffed, watching Darling strut off. "Why did you hire her?"

"She's never acted like that before. I'm sorry dear." Peter said, wrapping an arm around her and pressing a kiss to her cheek. "I'll get the manager in London to talk to her."

"What did you do while we where gone?" Charlotte asked, as he opened the car door for them to get in.

"I went to the bar to grab some lunch and a drink. That's really all, talked to a few lads, but that's really it. I had fun though, I didn't mind." Peter said, holding his hand out for the Charlotte who got into the car first.

"I'm not going to stay for dinner tonight. Tell your mother I'm terribly sorry. I'm not feeling all that well." Peter said, at Downton getting out of the car. Charlotte eyebrows furrowed in concern and she placed a hand on his forehead.

"You have a temperature. You're not going anywhere, come inside and lay down for a bit." Charlotte pleaded, concerned that Peter was drunk and didn't want him driving any more. "If you're feeling better by dinner you can go, but if your not, I want to be able to take care of you." 

"Alright, I really didn't drink that much. So I can't be drunk. I must have caught a cold or something." Peter said, wincing and clutching his head. "I have a terrible headache."

"Well then you're defiantly not driving home." Anna said, escorting the couple into the house. "Why don't you go lay down in the east wing Mr. Parker?"

"I'll escort him. You go tell Mrs. Patmore to make some tea." Charlotte said, as Anna nodded and headed down the servant staircase. "How long have you felt like this?"

"I woke up with the headache, but the temperature is new." Peter said, as Charlotte sighed.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner? I wouldn't of gotten you to drive, you need to rest."

"I didn't want to bother you to much, and I wanted to spend a little time with you. Things at the shop are going to get busier, so I'm afraid I won't be ale to spend every day here," Peter said. "I'm sorry I never told you."

"As long as you tell me next time." Charlotte threatened with a smile on her face. "Now come on, lay down. Take a rest, I"ll come get you in a few hours." She said as Peter nodded and quickly closed his eyes.

"Get ready to call Doctor Clarkson, his temperature is very high." Charlotte said, meeting Anna outside his room. "I'm afraid Peter's come down with a flu."

"Where's Peter? I thought he was coming for dinner?" Cora asked, as Charlotte sighed.

"He's not feeling well, he's resting upstairs. I'm getting Amelia to send a tray of food up for him later, but I'm afraid he's caught the flu." Charlotte said, sitting at the card table.

"Oh dear, do we need to call the doctor?" Edith asked, as Charlotte shook her head.

"Not yet, we're going to wait a few hours. I'll check on him after dinner."

"I do hope the Peter will be alright." Robert said, taking a sip of whisky.

"I'm going to go ask Mrs. Patmore to bring Peter a tray. I'll be back." Charlotte said, as Robert nodded. She passed a few people in the servant hallway, but as she approached the dinning hall she heard someone playing the piano. "What's going on down here?" Charlotte asked, peaking her head into the hall to see James, Alfred, Daisy, and Ivy foxtrotting.

"Milady, we where just practicing our dancing." Daisy said, as Charlotte nodded, and pointed to Daisy, causing her to turn as white as snow.

"You're doing it wrong you know. You're to stiff. Here." Charlotte said gesturing for James to dance with her. "You need to let loose a little more, feel the rhythm of the music." She said, as she danced around.

"Wow milady. Where did you learn to dance like that?" Ivy asked, as Charlotte stepped away from James, remembering her task at hand.

"My mother taught me. I've been to so many balls, and each require to learn a certain dance. I know almost all of them. Anyway, I'm sorry to interrupt." Charlotte said, watching the servants bow and heading to the kitchen. "Mrs. Patmore, Peter is Ill and won't be eating with us. I was wondering if you'd send a tray up to him in his room?"

"Of course milady. I'm not sure if this is food for the ill though. Fish tonight." Mrs. Patmore said, pointing to the fish on the stove.

"Oh could you perhaps make a few sandwiches?" Charlotte asked, looking around to see if there was anyone else around to help. "I'm afraid Peter's going to need to eat."

"I'll get right on it milady."

"Thank you. I'm looking forward to the fish by the way." Charlotte said, sending Mrs. Patmore a smile. She really was going to miss her cooking when she moves away. Maybe she'll get some food shipped to her.

"Just in time, dinner's ready!" Mary said, as Charlotte came out of the staircase. "Anna told me that Peter got the tray and is eating a little, she made sure he was."

"Alright, thank you." Charlotte said, sitting down as Mr. Carson tucked her in.

"My lord! I just received a letter from Mr. Bates!" Anna said, running into the dinning hall, causing all the men to stand up. "He writes that he being let out of prison. That woman told the truth, he's coming back to Downton!" Anna said, as everyone gasped and stood up to celebrate.

"To Mr. Bates coming home!" Robert said, raising his glass as everyone followed and raised theirs.

And for a moment Charlotte forgot about her fiance who was coughing up blood right above her.

(Words 1262)

(Cliffhanger, stay tuned to see what happens to Peter)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.1K 1.2K 58
"14 years ago...I had an affair with Lord Grantham. You are not Lady Grantham's child." "We just want you to know that the whole of England will be y...
12.1K 264 13
World War One has now occured and Lady Emma Crawley must either sink or swim in this troubled, dark times. Since the Garden Party in 1914, Emma must...
184K 2.8K 16
Flower is a little girl in NeverLand, her mother is unknown, and her father is Peter Pan. Flower is a beautiful little girl, Peter loves her with all...
18.2K 361 57
[UNDER HEAVY EDITING] The little boy that Robert and Cora Crawley hoped for has safely arrived, making him the heir of Downton Abbey and not Matthew...