Leader Of The Mafia {h.s}

By niallswhoran13

COMPLETED DISCLAIMER- I wrote this when I was 12 so it might, kind of be a fast burn. Enjoy :) "Y-you're w... More

001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
053
054
055
056
057
058
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
Epilouge - part 1
Epilogue - part 2
Epilogue - part 3

85

542 12 1
By niallswhoran13

Bree Tyler

Driving our way home.

We had just left Niall's approximately twenty minutes ago, for some odd reason I had timed it on the dot. Harry's hand had been planted right dead center on my thigh, and the black nail polished thumb lightly stroking my exposed skin up and down.

His blinkered flashed on and off as he was about to turn around the corner, so it would be easier for the other cars and for him to see at this crack of dawn.

But the moment the flashes of lights came repeatedly on and off, I saw something in the road and Harry was about to accidentally hit it. I knew I had to do something, whatever the thing that's helplessly laying in the road may be.

"Harry stop!" I shouted, making him furrow his brows, he squeezed my thigh harder out of my panicked and unexpected screams. He slammed on the brakes and halted the car.

"Bree what the fuck?!" He looked at me, I was probably seeming psychotic and drunk as I frantically stumbled out of the passengers seat and swung open the door.

I walked out and the stray of light revealed to what Harry had almost hit, if I never stopped him this little puppy wouldn't have been alive.

It's a baby Golden Retriever.

There is no way that this little puppy could be older than two months maximum, it was tiny and a little bit shaggy with locks of silk gold. Had dopey eyes, and the cutest floppy ears. It didn't have a collar either, meaning it's a stray.

"Come here.." I smiled, lightly crouching my knees and tapped my laps with my hand in rep. The puppy seemed scared like it hasn't seen a person in a long time, nonetheless eaten any food, it was tiny and fragile.

The puppy didn't come to me, so I retorted to the next best bet. I lightly put the back of my hand in front of it's slightly dried out nose, giving the puppy a sense of comfort and that it was no longer in danger. Or, whatever happened to it that made it wind up in the middle of the road.

I swear I saw the golden thing shed a small smile. So adorable! I bent down, the asphalt hitting my knees and I knew that they'd turn all gray and ashy soon, but I didn't care about my appearance right now. 

I reached my hand out, and the puppy licked it softly with a small tongue. It's tongue was slightly dry meaning it hadn't drank water in days or who knows how long, poor thing.

"Let's take you back home, yeah? Get you all pretty and cleaned up?" I smiled, making the puppy's tail wag side to side at my soft and happy tone.

"Absolutely not." Harry stood above me, making me jump since I hadn't realized he's been there. I looked up at him, and the puppy  turned his head to look back up at Harry too. Me and the nameless puppy both sharing sad eyes at the man towering above us.

"What do you mean?" I questioned, biting my lip and standing up to cross my arms. I looked at Harry in anger, what is he talking about?

"No way in hell are we taking that thing home." He pointed at the meek little puppy, as it sat down in its own sadness making my heart shatter.

"First of all, a puppy is not a thing!" I shouted, making the puppy lightly whimper and I instantly felt bad that I made it cry at my shouts.

"And secondly," I said in a much softer tone. "I think this is what we need Harry." I looked over my shoulder at our maybe future dog.

"Nope." He shook his head, "it's a mutt who will piss and shit all over the floors and whine all the time."

"Harry.." I warned, holding his hand and sighing as my head fell onto his shoulder. "We just have to tame it."

"No Bree!" Harry whisper shouted with gritted teeth, making me dramatically sigh heavily.

I really wanted to care for this little baby puppy. It was so small, precious, and I heard that Golden Retrievers are very smart and not that hard to tame. I could be lying to myself just to find ways to convince Harry to take it home, though.

"Harry please." My eyes started to water, I could be being overdramatic, but I seriously didn't care. The puppy needed a home, and I was intended to give it one.

"Why?" He scoffed, "why do you want this thing so badly?"

"Okay stop referring to the puppy as a thing!" I side remarked, making him roll his eyes to the side and cross his arms over his chest. "And because, you can't just leave it out here all alone by itself to starve."

"Why do you care what happens to it? Not like what happens to the mutt will affect you in the long run." He raised his brows, making a gasp of shock and disbelief that he had just said that escape my mouth.

"Are you kidding me? Harry, I'll live with this guilt for the rest of my life if it passes away because we didn't take it home." I swallowed with a frown and dropped my head down. He put a piece of hair behind my ear, and wiped the tear that fell from my eyes away off of my cheek.

"Only for a week." He murmured in comply, "then we'll take it to an animal shelter or something so it can be adopted by people who actually want it and don't care if their house gets destroyed by it."

"Wait... really?" I asked in surprise that he had agreed, wrapping my arms around his back and making him groan because of how tight I was squeezing him with my arms.

"I'm only doing this because you were crying, not because I care about that mutt." Harry sneered, looking at me and then down at the puppy.

"Thank you. Fuck I love you." I exclaimed enthusiastically, kissing his soft sucked in cheek.

I lightly brought my hand to pet the soft fur of the puppy, it slightly jumped up and down on the road at the feel of human hands. It didn't let me pet it much, but the closer I got to it the better.

"You're coming home with us!" I smiled with a giggle, I hope I didn't come off as creepy or intimidating to the puppy. Maybe I was being over enthusiastic? I don't know, never really picked up a stray puppy off of the street before.

The pup slowly pranced towards me, making little whimpering sounds of scarce with every step. "It's okay." I kindly reassured multiple times, I hope it isn't scared of me. What, do I come off as scary?

It let out a small whine before stepping a tiny bit closer to me, I smiled, they had began to trust me sort of. The puppy finally even let my hand smoothly graze over their gleaming golden fur.

"Bree. Hurry up and get this thing in the car." Harry whispered in my ear, with a squeeze to my ass.

Can he stop calling the puppy a 'thing?'

"Harry!" I whisper shouted, "I'm trying. They almost trust me. And you're scaring it, only slowing the process down."

The puppy eventually came close to me, and the lips turned up slightly onto the side. Smart little puppy, isn't it? I lightly patted my hands on my lap, making their tiny playful paws press against my thighs.

"Hi sweetie.." I calmly spoke, taking my fingers and pressing them lightly against the inside of their ears, making their tail wag a little more.

"Come on, let's take you to our house." I sniffled as a tear of joy escaped my eye, I loved puppies.

They allowed me to pick them up, I propped them up in my arms. I gave the soft shaggy ball a little kiss on the cheek, and stepped into the car with an annoyed Harry in the drivers seat with sunglasses rested over his eyes and both of his hands gripped on the steering wheel and not on my thigh where they should be.

"Excuse me?" I started, looking at him and he cocked his vision back to me.

"Yes..?" He hummed, pulling the black authentic shades down and revealing his jade green eyes and stared at me like he was going to hypnotize me with his pierced vision.

"Put one of your hands on my thigh." I furrowed my brows, making him look down at my thighs and insisting that I'd have a look at them, too.

The puppy had been sprawled out over both of my thighs, meaning Harry didn't have room for his hands to be placed on one of them.

"Can't believe I agreed to this." He groaned in reference to letting us look after the puppy, shaking his head to the side and harshly pushing down on the gas pedal making my head fall slight forward.

"Ow!" I joked at the pressure of my head lulling forcefully forward, laughing slightly making him smirk to himself at my jokester side.

Once we were home, I was on the couch laying on my stomach with my legs propped up. And our new puppy had been jumping around all over the cushions (which Harry of course didn't approve of) and following my rapidly tapping hands that made noises every time I clapped them down on the cushioned seats.

"What should we name you?" I bopped it's cute little nose making their lips curl up and chin hang high, as I tilted my head to the side in question.

"Is the mutt a boy or a girl?" Harry murmured and rolled his eyes off to the side.

"It's a boy." I looked at him sending a death glare, and then at the puppy who had stopped playing the minute Harry sat on the couch. I think the puppy could sense that Harry wasn't the kindest person in the world. And the fact that Harry's the leader of the mafia isn't great either.

"Ooh what about Chip?!" I exclaimed, looking at my puppy's wagging tail, swaying from side to side.

"Like... the snack?" Harry interjected, making me shrug.

"Well, I'm named after a type of cheese but that doesn't mean I am cheese. It's just a name, Harry. It's a common name for pets." I shrugged, looking at the puppy who seemingly liked the name I had suggested.

"You like the name Chip, huh?" I brushed Chip's little cheek that had tiny whiskers growing out of it, such a cutie isn't he?

He barked slightly, but not out of aggression but in response. I chuckled, and Harry rolled his eyes because he knew that the dog would be barking often trying to reply in the best way possible.

"Aw you do? Alrighty, Chip it is then!" I smiled, as I walked over to the kitchen. Of course, my little newly named puppy followed me.

"I feel like you're replacing me." Harry said, wrapping his arms around my neck.

"Mmm." I shrugged, knowingly joking. "At least Chip has a sense of humor, unlike you."

"You haven't told him anything remotely funny?" He quirked his brows, as I grabbed a glass bowl and took out a permanent marker from the unorganized drawers that had things from switchblades, to condoms, to stationary supplies.

"Exactly. You've got no sense of humor." I pecked his lips, bending forward over the sink so my ass hit his front, making my cheeks flush red since I hadn't done that on purpose.

I flicked the sink on, filling up the bowl after I had written CHIP on the front in capital bold letters, making this bowl Chip's new water source.

The sink water was filtered and perfectly healthy, there was no way in hell that I'd give Chip unfiltered water. He could end up with something seriously bad, and I don't want that to happen to him.

Chip had already been prancing at my feet and the tile started clanking at his paws repeatedly smacking down on it, making me sharply grin at him. He was already starting to feel at home, perhaps the calming and exciting tones in my voice worked.

"Animal whisperer, huh?" Harry softly said in my ear, making me nod with a smirk.

I walked over to the edge of the wall, and placed Chip's new and hydrating bowl right against it. Chip looked up at me, as if he needed permission to take a drink. I nodded and fetched my hand out in a yes, he never needed permission to eat or drink or play.

The minute his tongue swooped back and he swallowed the first drop of water, he just couldn't stop. I've never seen a pet drink that fast in my entire life, poor thing must've been so thirsty. I wish I had given him water the minute we stepped through the front door, but I had no idea he was in need of hydration this badly. But, this was now a perfect time to prep his meals as he's distracted finishing his water bowl.

"Harry, help me make Chip's food." I ordered, as he stood by me and put his arm on my shoulder.

"What does the little mutt even eat?" He growled, making me furrow my brows.

"Stop calling Chip a mutt!" I stomped my foot, "you know what? Just don't help, it's whatever." I shied my hand back to motion for him to get away from me. I know he wasn't too happy about having this puppy, but he almost ran it over on accident. The Golden Retriever had looked so weak on the side of the road, and it had almost gotten ran over and forgotten about if I hadn't saved him with my impeccable observant eyesight. So, Harry helping prep Chip's food is the least he could do.

I looked through the fridge, I didn't know what to feed Chip either. I assumed it was something raw, or canned? But what?

I thought only cats ate fish, but apparently scrolling through websites after websites on Harry's phone, puppies can too. Luckily, there's some fish in the fridge that we'll never eat, good thing that we've got ourself a little puppy to help us put the raw fish to necessary use.

I put the food in another bowl, plugging my nose with two fingers at the smell. I gagged slightly, but the puppy couldn't see me getting grossed out over its food, he wouldn't appreciate that. I lightly placed the bowl next to the water, and he looked up at me in thanks with a small tail wag. Good thing I had sucked up the tears of the reeking smell and hid it with a smile. Luckily, Chip had begun to eat without me having to send him any sort of command or permission.

Harry had been lying on the couch, a bottle of vodka in his hand and a pineapple chunk in the other.

I sat on the opposite couch of him, not to be petty but just because I was upset with him right now. Why doesn't he like puppies? They're so sweet, cute, and cuddly.

"Come upstairs." I heard an accent rasping in my ear, I jumped a little in my shoes. Whenever he says something in a raspy or quiet tone in my ear, I feel like I always have to nod my head in agreement or immediate command. One of the two.

But not this time.

"No, I'm sleeping downstairs." I bit my lip, making him tut.

"Why?" He clicked his tongue, looking above me, making my throat hitch.

"Because, I'm sleeping with the puppy tonight. I'll come back upstairs with you when.. he's comfortable."

"You're definitely replacing me." He joked with a chuckle, making me laugh slightly.

"I was really looking forward to..." he looked me up and down and winked, "tonight."

"Harry-"

"But I understand." He grabbed my cheeks, smiled at me, and his lips trailed down my neck and into the dip.

As his hands tongue kept swirling around the good parts of my neck and around the tender bruises, I heard the sound of a puppies bark making Harry roll his eyes and climb off of me.

I turned over, and the puppy had been standing at the bottom of the couch all along. Did Chip see all of that? I keep getting distracted, I didn't even hear its feet patting on the tile. It's like I'm getting lost in my own mind. Same thing with Harry, he'll be at the couch and the next thing I know he's whispering frisky phrases in my ear.

"Chip I'm sorry, I didn't see you!" I chuckled lightheartedly, making his tail wag that I had finally given him the attention that he deserves. I bent down, and picked him up. Once I laid down on the couch, I rested him along my lap. His paws resting on my chest, and his legs sprawled over my belly with his head being the only thing high and propped up.

"Tomorrow, you're going to get a bath. How's that sound?" I scratched the mud behind his ears to prove my statement, making his tail wag even more.

"And then, we can go for a walk if you want!" I suggested, Chip nodded. I knew Chip wouldn't run off, he had already been so clingy to me, there's no way.

Chip barked, making me chuckle.

"Okay..." I hummed. "We can do all that fun stuff tomorrow, but right now it's time for some sleep. Alright Chip?"

He nodded his head to the best of his abilities , it's almost like he understood the human language. I laughed, as I tilted over to my side once he laid in front of me on the couch like some sort of protection. I grabbed a blanket, putting it over both of us. I kissed Chip's head for a silent goodnight, before the sounds of a puppy's small snores were heard.

///

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 7.5K 18
The one where michaels 20 year old brother makes a new friend and 15 year old michael is completely infatuated.
60.9K 1.1K 20
[c o m p l e t e] "Caught you?" I asked innocently "Of course he caught me, I'm not Usain Bolt," Alice said, and I laughed "Are we going to lie down...
223K 2.8K 7
***SAMPLE CHAPTERS*** Grace Sunshine Patterson is just what her name claims her to be. She's full of life and Happiness and everyone adores her. Her...
5.2K 130 31
Book two for the wedding series. I'll be doing wedding series, pregnancy series and baby series for each boy. Hope you enjoy it. -Laila XXX