Alpha Kane

By FatesBetween

At the age of 31 Alpha Kane Locus Black had given up on looking for his mate, since the age of 18 it was all... More

Prologue
1. Sora
2. Kane
3. Sora
4. Kane
5. Sora
6. Kane
7. Sora
8. Kane
9. Sora
10. Kane
11. Sora
12. Kane
13. Sora
14. Kane
15. Sora
16. Kane
17. Sora
18. Kane
19. Sora
20. Kane
21. Sora
22. Kane
23. Sora
25. Sora
26. Kane
The End
Bonus chapter 1, Suprise!
Bonus Chapter 2, Black in town
Bonus Chapter 3, Cat-Man
Book 2
Book 3
Book 4

24. Kane

212K 6K 870
By FatesBetween

The pain in my head has been a constant for a week now, I'm seething mad at my mate but fuck I miss her so much, I just want to take back my words to her.

After digging the grave for Lex we haven't spoken much, I have begged on my knees, broken a door, and sent her all kinds of shit she likes.

Lex was a surprise, I did not think he would be the one to turn and spy, but it happened and now it has left a void in many people who were close to him. Also, the pack grounds have been hectic with whispers they were no longer safe on my grounds.

My line of defense is impeccable, which means someone else, in this camp, is part of Orion.

It's been three days and no scent and today is the day I leave for The Vale.

To kill or capture Benjamin Braum and his army of murderers. My goal is to destroy everything they touched, every dark corner of the world I will hunt them down and end this terror for my people, as the king I feel a bigger urge to protect now more than ever.

It's in my bloodline, this is who I am.

I have eyes and ears all over the camp. I have men and women warriors who keep eyes on every single individual on my land. No one is moving without me knowing about it.

I'm currently in my office staring at paperwork for my leave to The Vale. Our goal is simple, one of my fighters, and I know the consequences.

Fighting against dark magic has always been a threat to my kind, they play dirty and even more so when they're alone, which is why the mission is ever so more dangerous, but one all of us will make for the good of those who still dare to fight against such evil fucking creatures of dark magic.

Today we leave, today it ends and today one of us is not going to leave The Vale alive.

Benjamin Braum has no more moves to make. I have information he has been in castle black ever since the death of Aeyon, supposedly with the family of Ayeon as a hostage.

Confirmation on the family is yet to be confirmed but one thing is for sure, he is there... that walking corpse is in my ancestor's home.

Like a bug that I will crush.

The door to my office opens abruptly. "Kane we are ready for leave, the men and wolves are getting restless." General Marcus Knoxenberg says impatiently. He is dressed in our finest armor. Like myself, we are ready for battle.

I stand up and crack my neck. "How many are staying?" I ask as I gather my cursed knives and strap them into my boots and hidden pockets.

Marcus grumbles. "Inside pack lands, twenty thousand, stationed outside the portal we have two hundred guarding, two thousand waiting on the other side of the portal and we have fifty thousand at our disposal scattered in wait to take siege on castle black."

"If the information is correct, Braum has no less than a thousand with him, this should be quick." He finishes with a shrug.

I stare at him and smirk.

"What?" He asks looking at me with a frown.

I shrug my jacket on. "Oh there are more, believe me, general I know Braum, he will not die without fighting." I say as my grin widens.

I count on him being the Braum I remember, he is not an Alpha who would give up so easily, not to me... and I look forward to seeing what dirty moves he will make.

His whole existence is relying on others to do his dirty work, a thousand inside the castle are there for a show like a 'come and see' but he forgets, I know him.

I know where his family is.

His weakness.

"We should move." Marcus says standing waiting for me agitated.

I nod my head and we make our way out of the packhouse which has been turned into a fortress. "And the other thing?" He says quietly.

I simply nod. He needs no more confirmation.

The other thing is his wife. I have people outside her 'safe house' ready for my orders to enter and take her on the frontline with me. As soon as I enter through the portal this all starts and we are at war yet again, one last time.

Making our way to the thousands stationed outside awaiting my arrival, they all bow with respect and admiration in their eyes. I'm wearing a traditional uniform my ancestors wore for generations while at war, with some adjustments for my weapons and... other things.

I feel my mate before I can smell her scent. She walks towards me and my generals and team leaders with Amanda and Emma at her side.

She looks beautiful. Dressed how I first met her but this time she is wearing the necklace I gave her the first time we went into The Vale.

It belonged to a Locus Black, given to me by a witch who swore allegiance to my family thousands of years ago. Inside the gems are what makes me feel at ease leaving my mate here while I go fight.

Inside the gems have divine magic, magic no longer practiced in my world, the last bit of it is in that necklace if anything were to happen to my mate... the necklace will swear its allegiance and protect her.

I smile at my beautiful mate as she stands by my side, she smiles back as she laces our fingers together, holding my large hand with her tiny one. Which makes me at ease knowing that whatever she was avoiding me for is now gone.

I squeeze her hand gently, gaining her attention as she was looking worried at the sea of people dressed for war. "I hate I have to leave you Sora and I swear on the moon goddess I will come back to you." I promise as I stare into her beautiful green orbs.

She sighs and looks at me with tears in her eyes. "You better." She says softly with a sad smile and wiping her eyes dry.

I kiss her forehead. "I love you, more than anything." I whisper to her.

Her tiny head nods. "I love you too." She whispers back as she wraps her tiny arm around my back.

Marcus and Lucas and the rest of the generals give me a side look telling me it's time to move. I nod and mind-link Lucas to do the final preparation and set off without me for now.

"Sora." I say as I smile down at my mate. "I have a gift for you." I say as I fumble with the content in my pocket.

I get the small box from my pocket and place it in her tiny hand as she stares at me confused. "Open it."

Her small dainty fingers begin to open the bow on the box as she begins to open the small black box, laced with the language of my people in gold letters.

She gasps as she opens the box and stares at it in awe. "Kane... I..  I don't know what to say.. it is beautiful." She says in awe.

The ring of queen Lilian Black, wife of Demonia  Black, was gifted to her on her wedding day before her death it was passed down to generations to the women of my family, it's an heirloom worth so much to my family and a promise to the women that Demonia was not us and that before that time, proof of how much love was put into this ring.

I kneel in front of my mate as I hold her eyes in mine. Holding her free hand as I bare my head in her hand. "I give you this ring now as a token of how much I love you, all here who bare witness to my devotion to you, forever until I bare my last breath, may they be witness to my promise to love and cherish you till I can breathe no more. I love you, little mate, will you make me the happiest man in this world and the next in being my wife?"

Sora's eyes grow wide and she begins to sob uncontrollably while nodding her head. "Yes! Yes yes of course I will.. yes!" She says as she pulls me up and wraps her arms around my neck as she kisses me on the lips, her wet cheeks touching mine.

Oh, thank fuck. I felt like my heart was beating out of my chest. I move slightly from her arms as I hold the ring and place it onto her finger.

Beautiful, she is the most amazing woman and I can't believe she is all mine, forever.

I kiss my mate on her mark as I growl a possessive.  "Mine."

"Alpha king. It is time." A young wolf says as I growl out.

I smile down to my teary mate as I kiss her ring hand. "Don't worry soon to be wife." I mutter. "We will be together as soon as I'm done." I promise.

"Be safe." He tells me as she stands confidently in front of me and I couldn't be more proud of how far she has come.

I nod as I walk off with the last group of wolves. Not looking back and keeping my eyes on my goal.

Shifting into my wolf and carrying my bag of equipment and clothes I make my way to the portal where I will meet with the rest of my army.

Humans and wolves and creatures of the Vale fight side by side. I did not think in my lifetime that it could be possible. Now I control it all, humans know they aren't the only ones, they know magic is real and it's not a thing of wonder, it's dangerous and malicious and in the wrong hands, it's a deadly weapon.

This is the first time I am proud I have a human mate, to her kind she is a wonder, a queen, and definitely someone who is the strongest woman in this world. My little mate the painter is someone to be feared.

I laugh at the thought, my tiny mate scaring someone. She is too gentle, but that's what I worship about her. I would kiss the ground she walked on if it meant she never changed. I know that now it's not weakness, it's strength to be nice.

I snort at how bad I am at it but I'm fucking trying.

I make it to the back of my military as they all bow in respect as I make my way through the sea of faces, some terrified, and some are very much like me, ready to kill for peace.

Making it to the front I shift back in front of Lucas my beta and the rest of my most trusted generals, the humans have gotten used to shifting and how different things are for us faster than I expected, no one is shyly looking away from our nude bodies after shit, but more proud and amazed.

"Any word on Larson and his team?" I call out to Lucas.

He nods his head, his eyes war-ready. "In position."

I nod and look at Marcus. "Ready to blow your mind general?" I ask him slightly amused as I strap my knives back in.

He looks at me bored. "I've seen enough already, how worse can it possibly get?" He says and a group of wolves and creatures from the Vale who were in jeering distance laugh.

I grin and pat him on the back hard. "Just remember I did not force you, humans, if you shit your pants that's on you."

He snorts loudly and mutters quietly. "Unlikely."

I touch the gate and close my eyes. I feel the vibration of my birthplace, the connection to a place I am destined to rule with my mate, but first I feel the hope of liberating The Vale from the evil forces that wish to destroy everything.

The gate flows and buzzes alive at the feel of my touch and the crowd behind me gasp. I turn to face the men, women, and many faes who join dared fight for a better world, free from terror.

My wolf comes to the surface as my claws grow large and sharp from my fingertips and I feel my jaw grow as my fangs begin to enlarge, lastly, my horns, black as my last night come to show as people watch on.

My true form, this is me and I show it to my people.

"I am proud of you all here today, to sacrifice for your country, family, and freedom. Although most of you will die, you die with dignity and honor!" I roar out in my Alpha king tone with pure confidence as the crowd thunders with cheers, the ground vibrates from the stamping of feet.

"FOR TODAY MARKS THE DAY YOU RISKED EVERYTHING FOR FAMILY, COUNTRY, AND PEACE, come with me now, and let's take it!" I shout fiercely, putting all my emotion aside and letting my wings free.

My giant black blade wings with deadly sharp blade edges spring free as I howl louder than any has ever howled before. It sets off a chain reaction as every single wolf here howl, wolf or not everyone is showing strength in their voice, giving me a thunder of war cries.

I turn and close my eyes as my hand touches the gate and I whisper the words for passage, this is it and there's no turning back now.

I'm coming for you, Braum..

"Nilthu I vale"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

645K 11K 48
Melissa is an independent 16 years old werewolf, who is dreading her 17th birthday. Wonder why? That's the time she'll meet her mate. But she doesn't...
694K 20.8K 25
"But... How can I be your mate?" She whispered, lowering her head. "I'm a human. Humans and werewolves can't be mates." Slowly, he reached for her fa...
1.6M 46.4K 38
His lips pulled back into a sneer, "You will stay by me, in this fucking house." He growls, stepping into my personal bubble. His face barely inches...
3.6K 111 23
Calla Poalto has only ever known a world ruled by wolves and their traditions. On her 20th birthday Calla must become a woman by presenting herself t...