CROWN ON THE GROUND ━ FATED:...

By villainobrien

❝set, set that crown on the ground.❞ ━━━ crown on the ground. season one | completed. season two | on going... More

CROWN ON THE GROUND.
ACT ONE.
PLAYLIST AND CAST.
I.
II.
III.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
ACT TWO.
PLAYLIST + CASTING.
I.

X.

8.1K 273 65
By villainobrien

CHAPTER TEN.
look what you made me do, by taylor swift.

   Crumpled on the floor and hiding behind a wall is how Dane found the powerful mind fairy.

"Malvolia?" He calls, trying to catch the crying girls' attention. "What happened?" He asks, kneeling next to her.

Mal quickly gathers herself, standing up and gripping onto Dane's arm. "Oh, thank gosh you're here, I don't know what they did to Beatrix she's looks lifeless and blue, and I think they might have killed her," the brunette rambles fearfully.

Dane's eyes widen. "Beatrix is dead?" He asks, his face full of pure sadness.

"I don't know," she whispers, tears falling down her face. "She betrayed her!" Mal cries. "Beatrix has done nothing but told her the truth and she turned her back on her, all Bea has been doing is trying to help!"

"Who? Who did?" Dane questions, his hands holding both of her shoulder.

"Bloom! Bloom did! And her stupid band of bitches!" Mal spat in disgust.

Dane soaks in the information before nodding. "Okay, where is she?"

The fairy quickly grabs his hand and pulls him to where Beatrix is. She watches as Dane's face falls at the sight of Beatrix, his eyes watering as he runs towards her. "Help me," he demands, Malvolia quickly following his order.

"We got to get her to the greenhouse, there's gotta be something there that can help!"

Malvolia nods, tightening her hold onto Beatrix lifeless body. "Where's Riven?" Mal questions.

"I don't know, that's not really important right now," Dane grunts, struggling to drag Beatrix.

"Speak for yourself," she grumbles.

"Can you pull some more weight?" Dane barks, ignoring her whispering.

"I am!" She snaps as they make their way through the Fairy Hall. Malvolia squints at the haunting hallway, void of anybody in sight. "Where is everyone?" She whispers.

"Fighting Burned Ones, they got pass the barrier," Dane struggles to tell her.

Malvolia's eyes widen. "You couldn't have told me that before!" She shouts, pulling Beatrix closer towards her and sprinting out the hall and towards the greenhouse. Dane struggles to keep up with her a bead of sweat dripping down his forehead.

"Can you slow down?" He pants.

Malvolia ignores him as she enters the green house, walking towards the table. Dane lifts Beatrix onto the flat top before rushing off to gather herbs that may help. "Well don't just stand there, keep watch!"

As much as Mal wants to retort with a snarky comment, she ultimately decides to just do what he says. She slowly walks towards the door, her legs feeling like jelly with each step. A roar shakes the greenhouse making Mal fall against the doorway. She grips onto the edges trying to keep herself from passing out. She can feel the adrenaline slowly wear off, pure exhaustion creeping onto her. Mal watches as Dane works from over her shoulder. She lets out a shaky breath, as she lays her head back onto the wall, her body vibrating with nerves. The young fairy closes her eyes as a desperate attempt to calm herself down. She uses her powers to listen for anything near her, she furrows her eyebrows trying to project her thoughts.

A several hundred feet away Riven's head starts to pound, he turns his attention away from his partner and looks to the empty hallway in front of them. "Mal?" He calls out only to be disappointed by the sight of a group of students.

"There's still more students down there," the guy informs the two specialists.

"I'll bring them back," Riven's partner tells him.

Riven, not taking his eyes off the hallway, doesn't acknowledge her; not even when she leaves with the group of stragglers. His dark eyebrows furrow as his mind starts to vibrate, almost as if something were trying to prod its way inside.

Riven groans, a painful 'ah' escaping past his lips as he coddles his head in his hands.

"Riven," a haunting soft voice sings making the specialist jump within his own skin. "Follow my voice."

Riven does what the voice demands, his flashlight flicking in and out as he walks towards the greenhouse. His eyes meeting familiar ones.

"Via?" He asks in disbelief.

Malvolia collapses into his arms. "Rive," she cries, letting the exhaustion take over and sinking deeper into Riven's protective grip.

"How the hell?" Riven whispers, wrapping his arms around her.

Malvolia stops her sobs to confess everything that she's been through. She tells him about her time in the cell and the dehumanizing rune they put on her, the truth about her lineage, the lies that they've been feeding her, Callum's murder, and Beatrix.

"Shit, Via, what the hell have you gotten into?" Riven whispers, griping her cheeks and wiping away any tears that fell.

Mal shakes her head. "I don't know anymore, I thought I wanted the truth but now I don't even know if it's been worth it. All I know is I just feel so alone, and I feel like I can't trust anyone."

Riven lifts her face so their eyes can meet. "You can trust me, Via. Whatever side you're on," he tells her, referencing their conversation that had days ago.

Mal nods her head as she sniffles. The fairy and the specialist getting distracted my Dane who has a blank look on his face.

"She's up," he tells the two. Malvolia not hesitating to stand up and run to her. She grips her best friend into a tight hug. "I thought I lost you!" She whispers, her body sagging slightly in relief.

"You're not gonna lose me that easily," Beatrix smirks. She looks over Malvolia's shoulder at the two boys standing awkwardly behind. "You two made the right choice," she tells them. "Rosalind will be impressed. When this is all over, you're going to want to be on our side."

   "You think the barricade will hold?" Sky asks as he walks next to Silva. The two take cover between two pillars, leaning against it.

"For a while," Silva answers honestly. "I don't know how this night will end, Sky, so I need to tell you the truth about Aster Dell."

Sky stops him with the shake of his head. "Bloom told me everything."

"Not everything," Silva insist. "She only knows partial truths. Aster Dell is where Andreas and Desdemona died."

"Desdemona who is that?" Sky inquires, his eyebrows scrunched from confusion.

"She was Malvolia's mother."

Sky's eyes widen at the information. "Mal's mother... I thought no one knew her parents? I thought she was found? And what about my father? You said my dad died in a battle, fighting."

"He did."

Sky's eye water as as Silvas tells him of the argument he had with Andreas right before he murdered him.

"I..." Silva takes a breath before beginning again. "I had to run back to Farah and Ben. When I got there, Malvolia's mother was on the ground and Farah's hands were bloodied. I thought I could stop them in time, but...it was too late. Desdemona was dead and so was everyone in Aster Dell."

"You told me my dad was a hero," Sky whispers, his eyes full of betrayal.

"Andreas saved countless lives before that day, Sky. He killed more Burned Ones than any of us, but he was flawed. We all are."

Sky glares. "Flawed? He killed hundreds of people and you killed him. And all I get from you is you're both flawed? What the fuck am I supposed to do with that? And what about Mal, huh? You've all been lying to her! This whole time... it all makes sense! All her cryptic sayings, why she's been so isolate. You all drove her to that!"

Silva takes a deep breath. "There's one more thing..." He trails off, closing his eyes as he prepares to confess a truth that nobody else knows, not even his closest confidents. "Malvolia... Sky," he begins. "She's your sister."

Sky scoffs. "Yes, I know that!"

"No," Silva shakes his head, gripping the young specialist's arms. He looks into the eyes of a man; he has watched grow for years. "Andreas is Malvolia's father. She is your blood."

Sky's eyes widen, his Adam's apple bobbing as he gulps. A loud crash pulls the attention away from the two.

Silva looks at the barriers that are rattling with each bang from the outside. "They're here," he tells Sky, not giving him any time to recover from the bombs that have been dropped on him.

   The four teens in the greenhouse look up as the lights flicker back on, none of them had to be fairies to know that the Burned Ones were gone, and order was restored for now.

"We should get back," Riven offers from behind Malvolia, his arms wrapped around her waist and his chest pressed against her back.

"We should," Dane agrees, standing up from where he was sitting.

Beatrix and Mal both protest. "Rosalind will be here soon," the electric fairy tells them.

Malvolia grips Riven's wrist. "Just hear her out, please?" She begs.

"Rosalind and my parents have a plan. The two of you can be a part of it, just like Malvolia.
This doesn't have to end," she pitches to the two boys but more so Dane, because she knew above anything Riven would follow Mal anywhere.

"Hang on," a look of confusion falls onto Dane's face. "Your parents were the ones who sent you in here?"

"Technically, they're not my parents, just the ones who have raised me, but he'll know what to do."

The opening of a door pulls the groups focus away. "Beatrix," a voice attached to an older women, with astonishing blue eyes speaks. The woman's eyes look at every single one of them.

Noticing her gaze, Beatrix quickly speaks up in defense of the two people she's come to care about and Riven. "They're friends, both of them."

"Always nice to have friends," Rosalind says mindlessly before her eyes meet Malvolia's.

A coo comes from Rosalind's lips. "Malvolia," she says happily. "Don't just stand there," she tells her opening her arms stiffly. "Come and hug your great aunt!"

Malvolia makes no move towards her. Her eyes glaring in distrust at the women, something that the older fairy immediately notices.

"Hmm," Rosalind hums. "Well, perhaps in due time you'll come to trust me," she tells her with a smile came off as forced. She turns her attention back to the electric fairy. "I expect they want to know what happens next," she raises her eyebrows.

Four days later Sky walked alongside Silva crossing the front yard of Alfra. "Where's Riven?" Silva asks in attempt to make conversation.

Sky scoffs. "Probably getting stoned somewhere with Dane. Cannot believe he knew this place was fucked way before I did. Didn't even take a dead dad."

Silva shakes his head. "One day, I hope you will see everything I did was for yours and your sister's benefit, Sky."

Sky's head turns at the sound of cars driving on top of gravel. Recognizing the symbol of the Solarian's he poses a question. "Why are the Solarians here?"

"I told them the attack was over," Silva tells him, his eyes alert with worry.

Solarian soldiers exit the black vans, surrounding Silva and Sky. "What hell is going on?" The blonde specialist questions, reaching for the sword strapped to his back.

Silva puts a handout to stop him. "Easy, Sky," he tries to calm down the teenager. "Your Majesty," the sight of Queen Luna exiting a car makes him greet.

"Saul Silva," Queen Luna speaks lowly, taking steps towards the man in question. "It's with a heavy heart I must place you under arrest," she tells him remorselessly, her face blank of any emotion.

"For what?" Silva questions.

"The attempted murder of Andreas of Eraklyon and Desdemona of Aster Dell."

"Attempted?" Sky questions just as two car doors open. The crunching of boots and heels on gravel alert the blond and brunet of the arrival of two new people.

"Hello, sky," Andreas greets softly as he stares into blue eyes much like his own.

"Dad..." Sky whispers.

Desdemona purses her lips, coming to stand next to the man she's been in hiding with. Her pale fingers wrap themselves into Andreas calloused ones. "Silva," she says, her voice monotone.

Silva doesn't get a chance to reply as Solarian guards circle him and cuff his hands together. Sky stares, unmoving as Queen Luna barks orders.

A few feet away Beatrix hangs onto Malvolia's arms a huge smile on her face. "I have some people who would like to meet you," the auburn hair girl tells the brunette as she walks towards the area Andreas and Desdemona are standing.

"Mal, I would like to introduce you to your mother."

Malvolia pulls her eyes away from Silva's, her focus tunnel-visioning onto the two adults in front of her. "Mom?" She barely makes out.

Desdemona nods, her eyes watery. "Yes," she tells her gathering her into her arms and squeezing her. "You have no idea how long I have waited for this moment," she cries before pulling her face away from Malvolia's shoulder. "My baby," she whispers, caressing her daughters face. "You're so beautiful. I am so sorry."

Malvolia cries as she squeezes her mother back. This was everything she ever wanted and more.

Beatrix stands smugly next to Andreas as they watch the mother-daughter duo reunite. Her eyes meet Dane's, and they share a nod. Riven's blue eyes watch as Malvolia grips her mother, he could already see the weight being taken off her shoulders. A weight she never should have had to carry. Riven makes eye contact with Beatrix, giving her a nod of respect. While the two had their bantering there was one thing they had always had in common and that was Malvolia.

Six girls giggle as they walk into the gates of Alfea, their laughter dying down at the mess that unfolded on the front yard.

Rosalind steps forward, Queen Luna and Andreas both at her side while Desdemona stood back with her daughter and Beatrix. "Welcome back, ladies," she greets happily. Her eye contact never wavering from Bloom's she continues, "There have been a few changes."

NOTES.
i realized about halfway through writing this that its actually the last chapter, my mind is blown!!
so many bombs dropped. so many lies and so many truths and you'll never know which is which... until season two ;)
gosh!! i can't believe i'm saying goodbye to mal my heart is broken!! i hope you enjoyed reading this book as much as i enjoyed writing it. next chapters are a thank you and sneak peak to my next Riven fic which is already posted!! i love you guys so much <3 :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 5.7K 46
∾✧。LIE TO ME【BOOK TWO】 ۵∾ ❛AND I KNOW THAT YOU DON'T BUT IF I ASK YOU IF YOU LOVE ME I HOPE YOU LI-LI-LI-LIE LIE TO M...
67.6K 1.4K 34
Bloom was a changeling taken from her family but what if she wasn't the only fairy to be taken. Rosalind took another little Fairy and just like Beat...
11.1K 282 13
"I need you to talk to me Sparky." "Go back to not caring Riven." FATE THE WINX SAGA S1-S2 Riven x OC female character All rights reserved
13.7K 258 15
"In the end the shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach" J.R.R Tolkien I will face God an...