KHR April Angst 2021

By Drene_author

A Collection of Katekyo Hitman Reborn One-Shots Dedicated for KHR April Angst 2021 Also Available on AO3 and... More

Message
April 1 - New Beginnings
April 1 - Historical AU
April 2 - Betrayals
April 2 - Cheating
April 2 - "Just where did I go wrong?"
April 3 - Umbrella

April 1 - "What's your name?"

14 0 0
By Drene_author

Warning Trigger: Suicide , Depression

°~°~°~°~°~°

"Leave!" Hibari Kyoya instructed as he spotted a bunch of first years hanging around on the rooftop when he arrived.

"Why would we?" one of the first years toughly questioned him.

"We'll leave!" his friend insisted, pushing his friend back, and whispered, "That's Hibari Kyoya, the leader of the Disciplinary Committee, a senpai told me to never ever bother him or else we will be bitten to death."

"I told you guys that this is a bad idea. Let's just go!," their other friend added, pushing them towards the exit.

"Tsk! The head of the Disciplinary Committee my ass! He's just another worthless bastard acting like he owned everything!" their courageous friend uttered as they were about to leave. The terror in his friends' faces appeared when Hibari's tonfa threw him away, teaching him a valuable lesson.

"Get out of my sight now, herbivores," Hibari gave them another chance.

Feeling the fear from his death glare, the two first years immediately took their injured friend and scrambled far away from him.

"How annoying," Hibari remarked, sighing his annoyance away.

Now that he is alone on the rooftop, he felt at peace, yet lost, just like the colliding feeling of the warmth of the sun and the cool breeze of the wind on his skin. He yawned, proceeding towards his favorite sleeping spot.

He lied comfortably on the floor, but before he closed his eyes, he stared at the blinding blue sky, "It is peaceful... just like how that herbivore last saw the sky...,"

"...and I hate it," he last said before fully closing his eyes, and once again, he dreamt of the past.

°~°~°~°~°~°

"Leave!" the first-year student, Hibari Kyoya, instructed as he saw an unfamiliar figure on the rooftop.

For the very first time, he saw a student came to the rooftop. Hibari knew that no one ever dared to go to the rooftop, not because of him, but because of the spreading ghost stories. Hibari does not care about those myths. He would be glad to experience a battle against ghosts and make them experience death twice or more.

He really liked the rooftop a lot because it was peaceful, and away from herbivores, but this day it was different, someone appeared, and he was not alone anymore.

'Wait, is this person a ghost?' Hibari asked himself, and then he smirked in excitement, 'I guess it's my lucky day.'

"Hmm?" the herbivore looked back at him with curiosity, "Why would I? No one said that this place is off-limits, well... except for ghosts... Wait! Are you a ghost!? Is the afterlife a wonderful place?"

Hibari glared at the herbivore that is waiting for his explanation. It was a moment of silence for both until the herbivore suddenly advanced forward towards Hibari and repeatedly poked his cheeks.

"Awww, so you're not a ghost! Damn! Your marshmallow cheeks are so fluffy," the herbivore commented and pinched both of his cheeks.

Hibari snapped. He slapped the herbivore's hands and backed away.

"Stay away from me or else!" Hibari warned.

"Or else what? Bite me to death?" the unthreatened herbivore asked, trying to approach Hibari again.

"Stay away from me!" Hibari avoided the herbivore, and they both started chasing around each other on the rooftop.

"No! I'm definitely staying," the herbivore responded, trying to catch Hibari to touch those fluffy cute cheeks again.

"I want to stay!" the herbivore added, and let out the happiest laugh, enjoying the shared moment between the stranger.

'What's up with this herbivore!?' Hibari panicked while doing his best to get away from the stranger.

°~°~°~°~°~°

Hibari dropped his body on the floor as he caught his breath, and the same goes for the herbivore, both were tired from running around like children.

"That made me feel alive!" the herbivore proclaimed, leaning down on the floor to rest its tired body.

"Oh look at the clouds! They look so fluffy like your cheeks," the herbivore pointed out while staring at the sky.

Then herbivore took a glance at Hibari with sad pleading eyes, "Let me touch them again, please!"

Hibari felt threatened and straightly replied, "No!"

'Annoying,' Hibari complained to himself. He chooses to ignore the stranger, yet he joined the herbivore on the floor to observe the sky while maintaining a safe distance between them. He does not like his cheeks to be touched again.

Both silently enjoyed the serene atmosphere on the rooftop.

"Nee... What's your name?" the herbivore asked, but Hibari was already asleep.

The herbivore smiled, "Thank you!"

°~°~°~°~°~°

The next day, as a natural part of Hibari's daily routine, he went again to the rooftop to rest, but he immediately felt annoyed at the unwanted presence of the herbivore. He never expected the stranger to visit again.

The herbivore was currently busy observing the people below, feeling small of its existence, and only noticed Hibari's arrival when the door closed.

"Hey, I was waiting for you! Look, I brought a lot of food," the herbivore said, showing the two paper bags laid down beside the chain-linked fence of the rooftop.

"I also brought marshmallows because it reminded me of you," the herbivore added, taking out the foods from the paper bag to share it with him.

Hibari ignored the herbivore and went to the far corner of the rooftop to avoid interaction. He thought of going back but decided to remain because the classroom has more herbivores to deal with.

He was about to close his eyes to enjoy his afternoon nap, but to his surprise, the herbivore was already beside him.

"Nee... What's your name?" the herbivore tried to ask again and patiently waited for Hibari's answer for ten minutes.

"So, you won't speak? Fine, I won't also tell you my name," the herbivore said, considering it a closed deal, and started eating the brought snacks.

'Finally, silence...' Hibari thought as he proceeded to sleep.

Soon, after eating, the herbivore left Hibari's snacks beside him, and it also laid down on the rooftop's floor to sleep.

°~°~°~°~°~°

For the following days, the herbivore continued to come to the rooftop bringing different snacks, and Hibari soon got used to it.

"What's your name, rooftop buddy?" the herbivore asked, still trying to break down the ice.

Hibari continued to avoid the question and continued to eat the snacks he received.

"So, we're still keeping up with the name secrecy thing," the herbivore said, thinking of taking back the food Hibari was happily consuming.

"I find it interesting," Hibari shortly stated. Aside from getting used to the herbivore's presence, little did Hibari know, he was slowly opening up and enjoying his conversation with the stranger. He was unaware that he already considered the herbivore an important friend.

Their conversation continued, talking about the herbivores below them and some random thoughts.

°~°~°~°~°~°

One day, Hibari came to the rooftop pissed because of something that happened at home. He expected to come to the rooftop to relax and forge, but upon seeing the herbivore that was waiting for him, his face was painted with worry.

"Hey! Sorry, no food today, I ran out of money hehehehehe..." the herbivore shyly said, trying to focus on a different topic.

"What happened to you?" Hibari asked, looking concerned at the herbivore's face that's covered with bandages hiding small scrapes and bruises.

"I was actually involved in an accident yesterday. I tried to save a cat that was about to be hit by a car. That also explains why I don't have enough money because I used it for medical expenses. Damn that reckless and irresponsible driver!" the herbivore explained.

Hibari turned back, heading towards the door, even with a poker face he warmly said, "I'm glad you're safe. Next time don't do anything reckless. It will be my treat for today!"

The herbivore felt excited, but before Hibari could leave, "How about you? You look bothered, did something happen at home?"

Hibari stopped for a while, "I'll tell you later."

He said, leaving the rooftop to buy some snacks at the canteen. For the first time, he was willing to share one of his secrets with a stranger.

"I'm glad that you sharing it with me..." alone at the rooftop, the Herbivore said while sadly staring at the sky, "I wish I could share mine..."

The herbivore slapped both of its cheeks, "My goal is to make this distant cloud happy."

°~°~°~°~°~°

Days passed, Hibari felt uneasy, not because he does not like the herbivore, but because of his friend's physical condition. The bruises and scrapes worsen and increase each day, and every time Hibari tries to ask about it, his friend somewhat manages to change the flow of their conversation. Hibari does not want to force his friend to answer because of the fear that he might be hated, but he doubts that action.

The day also came where his friend started wearing a covered jacket in the middle of a hot season like it was trying to hide something, and Hibari cannot take it anymore.

"Please be honest, what's happening to you in these past few days?" he asked with eyes begging for an answer.

The herbivore laughed it off, but before he could give another lie, Hibari spoke.

"One of the things I hate in this world is liars, and sadly, I can't believe you are one of them," and he left the herbivore alone on the rooftop.

That's right he hates liars. He is tired of hearing people promising to stay and will soon betray and leave him. It was always like that, and it was better alone because no one can hurt him again, but the herbivore came. At first, he hated it, but he soon let his friend in, thinking and hoping that this time would be different, but no, he was being shut out again.

°~°~°~°~°~°

The next day came, and at the rooftop, Hibari found himself alone, which felt new, yet old. It was just what he expected, but still, he thought that... 'Maybe herbivore is busy...'

'That's right... The herbivore is busy with school... My friend will return... Wait... I never knew the herbivore's name... Tomorrow, I'll properly introduce myself...'

Hibari looked up at the sky, "I'll settle with what happened last time... I won't lose another important person in my life..."

°~°~°~°~°~°

Days passed, he was alone, and the herbivore never returned, but he still waited. Even if he hates the crowd, he tried to search for his friend in the classrooms, but he never spotted it, even in the classrooms of other year levels. He really regrets not exchanging their names. He has no single clue about his friend.

°~°~°~°~°~°

It should have been a normal day at Namimori Middle High, but something unexpected happened.

The school bell rang, it was lunchtime, and every friend group in the classroom begun to gather. As usual, Hibari was alone, rapidly fixing his stuff before going to the rooftop. He really cannot stand his noisy classroom.

"Hey! Is that a person!?" one of his classmates sitting next to the window pointed out when she noticed a figure standing at the edge of the rooftop.

Hibari felt nervous and uneasy. Even if he did not like it, he joined his crowding classmates to peek out the window. His eye widened as he realizes who that person was, 'Herbivore! No! That's not even your name! Don't go!'

"Alert the teachers now!" a classmate shouted, and Hibari immediately responded.

He was about to reach the classroom door, and suddenly the room filled with screams. He was already too late.

°~°~°~°~°~°

"My family, I'm sorry for being so useless..."

"My classmates, I'm sorry for being worthless..."

"Society, I'm sorry for being so different..."

"World, I'm sorry for having no purpose..."

"And lastly, Hibari Kyoya, I'm sorry for being a liar..."

The tears that are held back for a very long time fell, and the smile on the face vanished. This person looked up and lastly admired the beauty of the sky while standing between the edge of life and death.

"I have always liked the sky... Far and distant... away from this dirty little world..." this person proclaimed, reaching out for the sky.

"But, I was glad when you came to the rooftop when I was about to let go. I felt like I had a purpose."

"I liked how I made you happy, but that wasn't enough..."

"It wasn't enough for my parents... for those bullies... for other people... I'm still weak and useless to them no matter how kind I am...."

"I'm tired..."

"Goodbye..."

°~°~°~°~°~°

"Leave!" Hibari Kyoya, a third-year student, said when he entered the rooftop and met a group of noisy herbivores.

"Eeiiik! It's Hibari Kyoya, let's run," one of the herbivores said, running ahead, and they all followed.

When Hibari was alone at last, he proceeded to the spot, the spot where his friend left its shoes. He put plenty of snacks on the exact same spot.

"It's for you," Hibari said, waiting for an impossible response.

"Nee... What's your name?" that person's voice echoed in his mind.

"Hibari Kyoya," he responded to the wind and bitterly smiled, 'Like you'll ever hear it. I've gotten to know yours, but never mine. I really regret not telling you. I'm sorry. I also regret calling you a liar. I should have looked for you harder. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.'

"I know that everything is already too late, and this is the only thing I can do. Maintaining the discipline in this school and forbidding anyone to follow you in this spot."

"And I will always accompany you here, my friend, so you will never be lonely, just like how you stayed for me."

°~°~°~°~°~°

Thanks for reading! ╰(*'︶'*)╯♡

( ˘▽˘)っ♨

- rené

#BringKHRBack #BringKatekyoHitmanRebornBack #khraprilangst2021

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 5.6K 40
The Vongola and its allies are rumored to be overprotective of their boss/friend, the soon-to-be tenth Vongola boss, Sawada Tsunayoshi. However, no o...
542K 19.3K 82
One day, a girl aged 16 suddenly passed away in the middle of the night. The cause of her death was unknown. But, her soul along with her 16 years of...
46.6K 1.2K 7
~This story is the sequel to my previous story: Katekyo Hitman Reborn Class Trip to ITALY!!~ After the Class Trip,Junior Highschool Class 1-A stay st...
233 7 5
The Guardians of Vongola Decimo have never expected something big like this nor does everyone around the Sawada Family. An unexpected appearance, whe...