His Final Moments (An MDZS/CQ...

By BookLoverMD

My take on what Wei Wuxian felt when he jumped off the cliff in the Nightless City to end his life. More

A/N

His Final Moments

296 16 13
By BookLoverMD

A/N: Credit for the pics go to the rightful owner.

........................................

"Shijie…"

On that dark night, standing in middle of the battlefield he lost the last remains of his sanity as he saw the person who loved him most in the world, the one person who never judged him for the choices he made, the person who never abominated him, the person he loved most in the world, his senior sister died in front of him, died for him. 

In that moment his life became meaningless to him. In that moment he questioned the choices he made. He saw his brother crying holding the lifeless body of their beloved sister. "Was it worth?" He asked himself. Did all the choices he made, were they really right? The fight he fought, was it worth? Maybe his foster mother was right, maybe it all happened because of him. All the people who loved him, cared for him, eventually died because of him. 

But he never wanted any of that to happen. He never wanted them to die. All he wanted to do is stand for the right, fight the evil and save the innocent. And he sacrificed everything he had for that, he left his home, his clan, he stood against the whole world, he stood against his brother and he stood against the only friend he thought he had, the person whom he thought his soulmate for this life. 

And where did all that led him to? To this battle field where he lost the most treasured person of his life. So why should he live anymore? What purpose did he have left? Even the people he was fighting for were gone. He had nothing left and so he decided he would end it. He would end it all, this fight, his lethal weapon and His Life, well if he really had any life. Because his life was over the moment his Shijie died and now all that is left is an empty shell and he will destroy it. 

With all these thoughts he flew to the highest peak of the Nightless City and summoned his lethal weapon, Yin Tiger Seal, with full intention to destroy it. As soon as the weapon came to the view, he saw most of the people in the battlefield had moved their attention to it. Their eyes shone with greed as they fought amongst themselves to get it, making him laugh at the irony of the situation, the hypocrisy of those people. They all abominated him, slandered his character because of this same weapon and now they all wanted it. 

So he laughed, a laugh now has ever seen on his handsome face, a bitter laugh with a lone tear leaving his eye but no one noticed it, no one cared for his pain, his misery. 

Oh! If only he knew how wrong he was!

He destroyed it, destroyed his lethal weapon. Then with one last look at the bloodied battlefield, he closed his eyes and took back steps. Determined to destroy his wretched life, he let himself fall from that cliff and waited for death to engulf him in it's cold embrace. 

But he didn't fall. Something or rather someone broke his fall by holding his hand. He opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was a bloodied hand. He raised his eyes more to find who is the owner of that hand.

Finally his eyes rested on that person, the person with a pair of soulful, wearing a headband with cloud patterns on his forehead, the person who was his only friend, the one whom he thought as his soulmate for this life. 

"Lan Zhan, let go."

He asked Lan Zhan to leave his hand, to let him go but the man refused rather held his hand even tighter not caring about his own bleeding hand. 

He dared to again look at those soulful eyes and what he saw in them once again made him regret his choice, the choice of ending his life. 

What did he see in those eyes, you ask?

He saw pain, agony, sorrow, misery and LOVE. Yes, he saw love, love for himself. Ohh! What a big fool he was to not notice it earlier, the love for him in those soulful golden eyes, when Lan Zhan defended him, stood for him, searched for him, when Lan Zhan asked him to come to Gusu with him. He was so blinded by his self righteousness that he failed to notice the most wonderful thing life had offered him. He failed to decipher the true meaning behind Lan Zhan's actions. He failed to see that apart from his senior sister, there was another person who loved him selflessly. Tonight also Lan Zhan tried to help him, defend him, he fought for him, even got hurt while doing so. But he was so lost in his own misery that he failed to notice it. 

And now, when he finally noticed it, maybe it's already too late. There was no chance of undoing what he already did. He thought his death would solve everything, with him being dead everyone would be at peace. But again how wrong he was! At this moment, looking at the person whom he had thought was his only soulmate, he knew even in his death, he would cause pain to him. He will leave the person he LOVES in misery. 

Yes LOVE. He realized in this moment that not only Lan Zhan loves him, but he also loves him. He loves Lan Zhan, The Second Zade of Gusu but he was too foolish to realize it until this moment. But it's too late now, he doesn't even have the time to confess his love because at that exact moment Jiang Cheng came from behind Lan Zhan holding his Sandu and raised it to stab him. 

He closed his eyes to welcome the pain but it never came. He opened his eyes and what he saw left him horrified. Rather than stabbing him, Jiang Cheng had stabbed the part of the cliff that was under Lan Zhan and his joined hands. The stone seemed like it would give up and fell any moment. He knew the moment that happened, both Lan Zhan and he would fall and he wouldn't let that happen. 

So he forcefully took his hand away from Lan Zhan's grip. With one last look at his beloved's face, he closed his eyes with a serene smile on his lips and let himself fall in the dark depths of the dead. The last thing heard was the deep voice of his beloved calling out his name,

"Wei Ying….."

…………... The End………...

P.s: Thanks for reading. Hope you like it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261K 6.3K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
1.2M 47.7K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
39.6K 2.3K 49
Namjoon, Yoongi and Jungkook are three Alphas that have to leave Daegu going unnoticed. Pretending to be Omegas might sound like a perfect plan at fi...
1.1M 50K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC