ON HOLD! 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘰𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 ~...

Door harrysimp

solace: 'comfort or consolation in a time of distress and sadness.' Lara Lily Lupin is a perfect well-mannere... Meer

• prologue
• cast list
1. the start of a new era
2. home
• summaries
3. good days
4. reunited
5. friends
6. unknown
7. investing
8. practicing
9. new secrets
10. meetings
a/n

• happy times

635 29 81
Door harrysimp

After Halloween night, the group had changed because of the two members that were gone. Lily, James and Harry soon moved in with Remus and Lara to keep them company. There was enough space for the three of them. The cottage had five bedrooms. One for Remus, one for Lily and James, one for Harry and one for Lara.

Well of course, there was an empty bedroom left. It wouldn't be for long though. When it was May 1982, a little more than six months after the attack from Voldemort happened, Lily found out she was pregnant again.

She and the two adult men had cried together. Something that happened more often than it should. Again, Harry and Lara were clueless why their parents were crying.

About Harry and Lara, the one and two year old became closer and closer with the day. They often took the other on their lap, cuddling with their tiny arms. Lily had taught Harry how to make braids, so he often braided Lara's curly hair. The little girl would sit patiently, waiting for Harry to finish.

When Lily told the kids she was going to have another baby, Lara was the most excited from the two. She hugged Lily's stomach, which obviously still looked normal. Harry was happy, but he didn't really understand what was going on yet. He had never experienced his mom being pregnant before, like Lara did.

The next months, James and Remus would often be found decorating the left over room in the cottage, making it ready for the baby. Lily's stomach grew bigger and bigger, making Lara more excited, Harry less.

He had turned two, and now understood the concept of babies. He knew he was going to have a sibling, but he often was found whining about it, making Lara smack him on the head.

She would say: "Babies are fun!" and Harry would agree in fear of her hitting him more.

On Lara's third birthday, Lily's stomach was huge already. When they were all eating strawberry shortcake, Lara suddenly asked: "Dad, where are babies from?"

The three adults choked on their cake, and Harry and Lara looked at each other with confused looks on their faces. They didn't understand why they reacted like that.

"We'll explain that to you when you are a little bit older." Lily softly said to the two kids, Remus and James just giggled.

"Harry do you want to have a baby?" Lara asked and Harry nodded excitingly.

The adults shared a look, and Remus said: "Hands off Harry. The two of you can have a baby in twenty years."

Lara and Harry both crossed their arms and looked angry at their parents, who shook their heads at the clueless kids.

On December 23rd, Lily gave birth to a daughter. Amelia Camille Potter.

Lara had immediately done the same thing to Amelia as she had done to Harry when he was born. She kissed Amelia's cheek when she saw her for the first time. Then, Lara got to hold Amelia in her arms. It was an adorable sight, the three year old little girl holding an even littler girl.

Harry of course also got to hold his baby sister. He had also gave her a small kiss on her head, and Lily and James couldn't be happier with their two kids.

Remus also was happy Amelia was born. He had cried when Lily and James had given her the name 'Camille' as middle name, in honor of Lara's mom of course. They had also made Remus Amelia's godfather.

The next year, it was a happy year. They all lived together and the adults all got to raise their kids. Amelia had grown a big liking towards Lara and Lara returned the favor. She saw Amelia as a little sister, and did the same things to her as she did to Harry when he was still a baby.

Although Harry and Amelia were very young, they already bickered like older siblings would. Whenever Lara would catch Harry being mean to his sister, she would tell him off. "Don't be so mean Harry!" She would say, but when Harry got sad by her yelling at him she would quickly kiss his head in order to calm him down.

Amelia was adored by everyone around her, and she grew up in a very loved home. Being three years younger than Lara and two years younger than Harry, she was always the one who was favored by the adults. Basically like all the younger siblings in the world.

Lara grew up to be a very smart girl. She'd make witty jokes and would often be found reading books in her bedroom window, which had a view on the big field the cottage stood in.

Through the years, the seasons, the field changed. It was green and bright, spring. Summer, filled with flowers. Fall, covered with leaves which crisped as they were stood on. Snow and ice, three kids playing with it, winter.

Lara also developed an interest in art. She would often ask Remus, James and Lily to buy her paint. Oil paint, water paint, any sort of paint was welcome.

Different types of pencils, charcoal and chalk were also often on the grocery list for the adults. They didn't mind to spend money on these art supplies, because Lara really possessed a talent.

She would create the most beautiful aquarels and paintings of the landscape around the cottage. The many sketchbooks in her bedroom were all only half full, the pages containing sketches of the most random things and people.

The artsy side of her was just one of the many. Lara also had a love for the nature, considering she grew up surrounded by it. She would take care of many plants and flowers, which she kept in her room. The fields were Lara's favorites place to be, that was for sure.

Sometimes, nobody in the house would be able to find her. Then Harry or Amelia would go looking for her and find her asleep in the middle of the field. Her brown curls spread out as a circle around her head.

Lara would seem like a very sweet and well-mannered girl to any stranger, but who really knew her would know that she was not like that.

She wasn't afraid. She wasn't afraid to stand up for herself, and for her friends. Anyone who would hurt anyone Lara loved, could expect being hurt as well. Either with words, or a punch in the face.

The young girl was basically fearless. She didn't care about being in danger, ever. She would often sneak out of the house, go to muggle London in the middle of the night. She would get approached by people five times older than she was, but she wasn't afraid.

Of course, these actions would result in getting lectured by either Remus, Lily or James. This was not a problem for Lara, as she was a perfect liar. She could make up excuses within seconds, not even having to think about it.

Lara was also definitely the leader from the group of the three kids, Amelia being the close second though. She had the ability to order them around and they wouldn't disobey. She always knew exactly what to do, for example the time were the three of them accidentally broke down a kitchen cabinet when they were looking for some snacks in the middle of the night.

Lara was nine, Harry eight and Amelia only six. The older girl was the one who successfully managed to get the three of them downstairs without getting caught.

However, Harry being the idiot he was, pulled a little too hard at the cabinet knob and the whole cabinet broke apart, creating a whole lot of noise.

"Amelia, go back to bed as quietly as you can. Harry, you go and be the look-out as I clean the mess you made."

Amelia first complained about having to go back to bed, but seeing Lara's strict look, she went anyway.

So basically, Lara had many different personalities, which were all useful for her in some way.

Opposite of Lara's outgoing personality, Harry turned out to be a shy boy. With his friends and family not so much, but with strangers he would feel awkward most of the time.

He developed a habit where he would stutter a lot whenever he felt nervous or uncomfortable.

Even though he was shy and introverted, he was like Lara, not afraid easily when it came to protecting the ones he loved. He was really clumsy, and often broke bones. Sometimes from himself, sometimes from Lara or Amelia.

He had a hard time realizing whenever he had gone too far with his words to his parents and Remus. He would often accidentally insult them, creating laughs and jokes from the two girls he grew up with.

Besides from being clumsy and oblivious, Harry was a caring boy. He apologized very often, most of the time when he didn't even do anything wrong.

His interests laid at playing Quidditch with James, books getting read to him by Lily and of course teasing Lara and Amelia.

His sister was a very stubborn girl. She definitely inherited her sass from her dad. Despite of being the youngest, she was definitely the fiercest. Throwing tantrums was part of Amelia's daily routine.

Even though she was the rudest out of the three kids, she had a good heart and she had the ability to easily convince the adults to do anything for her. It must've been the fact she was the youngest that had made it so easy for her to get whatever she wanted.

Sometimes, that would create jealousy coming from Lara and Harry, but especially the boy. Still, everyone adored Amelia and Amelia loved everyone just as much.

While the kids were having the times of their lives growing up, Remus would often find himself feeling his heart ache.

He had lost his fiancée at nineteen. The only thing he had left from her was Lara, who looked a lot like Camille.

Her skin was the perfect mixture of Remus' light skin and Camille's a bit darker one. Her hair was a chocolate brown color. Lara always made sure to take good care of her curls, which were becoming more defined the older she got. When her hair was exposed to the sun, it would look like it, and just Lara in general, was literally glowing.

Remus was very protective of Lara, but he knew that she had a life of her own so he tried to not get too protective. He wanted her to live her life to the fullest so he made sure to let her have a lot of fun, no matter what that would cost. That was a decision Remus was going to be glad he made in a couple of years.

Remus had not only lost Camille, but Sirius wasn't around either. He couldn't even imagine how Sirius must be doing, all alone in Azkaban. Had he turned insane already, like most prisoners there did? Remus didn't know, but maybe that was for the better.

James was also missing Sirius very deeply. He considered the man a brother, someone he loved. He knew he was innocent, and maybe that was even the worst part. Sirius had been locked up for something he didn't do.

Despite the fact James missed Sirius and Camille, he was happy to have a family with his wife. And of course to live with Remus and Lara.

The bond between James and Lara was special. They obviously had a great age gap between them, but they would have many conversations about their interests and dreams and goals. They also had a great time together pranking the others.

Of course, James was also very proud of his own kids. He would often say: "No offense Flower, but it's clear their good genes came from me." Lily would just simply roll het eyes and smile. James was right, Amelia and Harry had good genes.

Harry had raven black hair, which was always placed messy on his head. He needed glasses from when he was six, and he had chosen a round pair, which suited him very well. Behind the glasses, a pair of emerald green eyes were shown, which would twinkle whenever he was excited about something.

Amelia's hair was a shade of dark brown and it was not straight, not wavy. A bit in between, really. Instead of Harry's green eyes, Amelia owned a pair of honey brown ones, which were very warm most of the time, but sometimes when Amelia was upset, they would turn very cold.

Lily had kept the promises she had made Lara when she was just a baby. The woman took her on bicycle rides, swims, picnics and they baked cookies. As Lily had done from the very beginning, she took over Camille's role in being a mother figure for Lara. However, as the years flew by, Lara had slowly stopped calling Lily 'mom'.

Remus had explained to Lara what happened to Camille. He wanted her to know as soon as  she could, he didn't want her to ever struggle with questions herself.

All by all, the group of six people who called themselves one big family, had a great time with each other during Lara's childhood.

Of course, Lara and Harry knew they were going to attend Hogwarts together. They would go there the summer of Harry's eleventh birthday, and both of them couldn't be more excited.

2306 words

A/N- I hope you enjoy this book so far, and let me know if you came here from my other book or if you have found this one first.

Anyways, lysm, from now on there will be more dialogue of course. these first chapters were just some introductions to the story:)

publishing date: April 9th, 2021

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

894K 21.8K 133
"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐥𝗼𝗼𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝗼 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆, 𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 - 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒘." ϟ Selene Black is the younger and only sister of Sirius Black, born...
2.9K 38 27
James Potter, Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew are instant friends when they meet on the train to Hogwarts. One is the leader, one is a...
766K 13.9K 67
Y/N Lupin had been friends with the Weasleys since first year, they were inseparable. Ever since her parents and older brother, Carter, died in a tra...
4.8K 120 30
The American Witch in a British World. What will happen when Sienna Foster loses the brightest light in her life? How will she cope? When she gets a...