Living With Animals

By SavWrites22

BOOK TWO IS UP HIGHEST RANKINGS- #1 out of 6k in living- #1 out of 958 in Leukemia-#2 out of 1.14k in cancer... More

Prolouge
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
A/N
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chaoter 49
Chapter 50 y'all!!!!!!!!
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60! THE LAST CHAPTER BEFORE BOOK 2
Epilogue/Preview
YALL

Chapter 28

145 0 0
By SavWrites22

ATTENTION EVERYONE- WE SHALL BE FAST FOWARDING A MONTH AFTER JACOB'S SURGERY WHEN HE'S IN THE MIDDLE OF RECOVERY. You may continue on with your day now:)
~*~*~*~*
Claire's P.O.V.
~*~*~*~**~*~*~*
"Wish we could turn back time. to the good old dayyyys, when our mama sang us to sleep but now we're s-," I sing as I walk down the stairs to start cleaning up before my dads home, but I'm cut off when his silky black car pulls into the driveway.

I immediately dart down the rest of the stairs, trying to clean everything up before he walks into the house, but fail to succeed, so instead, I hide.

"Claira Elaine." Is voice is menacing and scary, and I can confirm he's angry. I run through all of the things I did (or didn't) do, and come to the conclusion that there is no reason he should be agitated with me."I know your down here," he claims, his footsteps getting closer to the closet I'm hiding in.

Instead of making the punishment worse for myself, I quickly sneak out of the closet, behind the back way and make it look as if I'm just now walking out of my room.

"Yes, dad?" I ask formally, trying to not seem like i'm mocking him.

"Why isn't  the house clean?"

"Because I had homework?" I respond, but it comes out of more as a question.

"Whatever. Get the house cleaned up. The Harts are staying for the Thanksgiving weekend."

"Jacob's coming down here?" I ask, excitement thrilling my voice.

"Yes, now go before I get more irritated than I already am," he instructs and I know that's my cue to leave.

I'm surprised to be happy by something my father has said. It's on rare occasion that this happens. Especially with how he's- hurt me, these past few weeks.

But I am.

I haven't seen Jacob in a little less than a month.

And between chemo treatment and school for me, as well as physical therapy and school for him, we both are struggling. We haven't talked much.

Throughout the entire month, we haven't called and only texted twice. And I haven't asked him how his arm is doing. I'm to afraid too, for his sake and mine.

I run out to the living room and start their, first taking care of the papers that lay astray across the coffee table, then grabbing the heap of blankets that lay, thrown on the couch.

I finish with the living room after quickly dusting, knowing that if I didn't, my dad would have my ass.

I head to the kitchen, and realize this is going to take a lot longer than I thought.

*********************

The doorbell rings and I dart out of my seat, running into my brother in the process.

"Jake!" I yell, opening the door, jumping on him the moment I open the door.

"Hi, Claira," he manages to speak, as I am hugging him ever so tightly. "Claire. I missed you a lot too, but your hurting me." I laugh quietly, letting go of him.

"How are you?" I ask, noticing the cast up and down his arm.

"Good. What about you?"

"Great, but I miss seeing you everday, and having you at chemo sessions. Plus the doctors aren't any fun, and they hate it when I help the kids prank them."

"Kids?"

"The younger kids with cancer, like me."

"Oh."

"Yeah." I grab his bag so he doesn't have to carry it, and look for my mom who is found in the kitchen with Isabelle.

"Where is Jacobs staying, mom?"

"Guest room in the hall that yours and Mason room is.

"Alright. Let's go Jake." He follows me up the stairs, being very quiet, and I find it very odd.

"Are you okay?"

"Depends."

"On what?"

"Depends on the reason there are bandages on your back."

I stop, middle of the hallway, then continue.

"I fell."

"Like I believe that Claira. How bad is it?"

"I'm fine Jacob."

"Yeah right. That's like me saying I'm fine when someone asks how my shoulder is."

I go quiet. Then speak up. "What do you mean?"

"I'm not telling you unless you tell me."

"Fine, I'll just ask one of your brothers. Actually, I'll ask your mom. She loves me. She'll tell me."

"Claira."

"I'm fine."

"Claira Elaine."

"Jacob I'm perfectly fine. And it's not of your buisness!" I walk into my bedroom, sitting on the bed.

"Claira."

"Go away."

"No. What happened."

"That's for me to know."

"Claira Elaine Hart." I stop what I'm about to say, flustered by what he has said. I honestly think he is too. I'm not sure whether or not he meant to do that? We're not even together. I would be, but I'm not sure if he wants to, after I suggested we stay friends not so long ago.

"I-I didn't mean to dot why, I'm sorry," he apologizes sincerely, but I continue to stand there completely flustered until I comprehend what he said.

"It's fine. It's Perfectly fine, honestly. It was an accident, I understand that but I-um, Jacob?"

"Yeah?"

"I want to get back together." The word speed out of my mouth and I can't tell if he heard what I said.

He stands, looking similar to what I did only seconds ago. Then he looks back at me walking over here.

"I love you," he says, wrapping his arms around me.

"Is that a yes?"

"Absolutely. I've wanted to get back together but didn't want to pressure you into it. And I also wasn't sure if you'd roll liked me and-" I stop him putting a finger to his lips.

"Shhhhh. Just take in the moment."

"Right, got it."

I'm still wrapped in his warm embrace, and I realize how badly I've missed him. I need him. I don't know whether or not he needs me, but I need him. Without him, my life is boring, dull, and... depressing. And I don't throw that word around much, because it has much meaning.

But it was truly depressing without him. I was left with my dad, mom, and my brother, my dad harming my mom and I, my brother not having a. clue, and hardly being st the house at all.

It sent me into a funk. It was like I couldn't escape. Life seemed pointless.

And i'm not saying he magically cleared me of this haze, but he certainly is helping. He's like a lighthouse when a boat is trying to go through a storm or foggy night.

He can lead the way, and help you out of the fog.

"I love you too, Jacob. And i missed you. And I never want to let you go, again."

"Then I won't ever let you let me go."

I smile, and we continue to stand there, letter each-other keep hold of one another, making up for the time we spent apart.

I'm never leaving him again.
*********************************
Soooooooooooooo.... whatcha think about them apples?

Sorry that's as weird, but it's a saying I like to use.

Anyways, I hope everyone is AMAZING and Jnhope y'all are staying safe from Covid. If you or anyone you know does have it, then you have my sympathy. I hope you get better! :)

I hope everyone had an amazing day (or has an amazing day), and make sure to read my new book, Deja Vu

Love you all, having an amazing day, and i'm case no one has to told you, you are beautiful, strong, and i am proud of you for accomplishing everything and anything you have, even if it's something small. Nothing is too small to proud of.

-Sav<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 2.8K 100
!Book one out of four! There is a part two to this book you don't have to read it but if you would like to it's called "My princess to the Black Wido...
122K 5.1K 44
"He can die 'cause we haven't had sex?" I say as the weight of what she's just told me hits me like a ton of bricks. "The longer the Alpha stays in t...
248K 7.4K 30
I WILL EDIT THIS WHEN THE BOOK IS DONE!!!! Hey, My names Summer, Summer styles. I live in Los Angeles with my brother. Yes my brother. My father...
679 99 18
I'm not here to write a romance with a happy ending, I'm writing to prove life isn't always perfect, in most cases it never is, especially when it co...