Little Dark Age ◆ JeonJungkoo...

By BornToSpark

"Dying was NOT on today's agenda." "Dying shouldn't be on any days agenda." "Oh, since when are you the one m... More

•Playlist•
One - A Big Fuck You To The End Of The World
Two - Once Upon A Time, There Was Humanity
Three - Sexy Little Arsonists And How To Get One
Four - Vroom Vroom, Bitches
Five - Cozy Little Apocalypse
Six - There's A New Sheriff In Town
Seven - Trade One Friend For Another
Eight - Trust, You Have to Earn
Nine - Nobody's Left Behind
Ten - What It's Like To Travel With A Moron
Eleven - Playgrounds Are Fun!
Twelve - Ah, Yes, Slaughter Is So Cool
Thirteen - I Think I Killed A Guy
Fourteen - Learning Curve
Fifteen - Can't Spell Teamwork Without MEAT
Sixteen - Survivors Of A Dark Age
Seventeen - Winter Is a Terrible Invention
Nineteen - A Song Of Rice And Fire
Twenty - Knives Are So Romantic
Twenty One - How To Beat The Unbeatable
Twenty Two - Time For Murder (and other sins)
Twenty Three - If I Weren't a Coward
Twenty Four - Here We Go Again With The Arsonists
Twenty Five - Don't Think Of Pink Rhinoceroses
Twenty Six - Misguided Impulses, But Hey We're Friends
Twenty Seven - Teaching Pigeons How To Fly
Twenty Eight - Near-Death Experiences To Strengthen Our Bond
Twenty Nine - Can't Reese-ist You
Thirty - At Night The Rats Come Out
Thirty One - Running For The Rest Of Our Lives
Thirty Two - With Love, The Horizon
Thirty Three - Tell The Fucker That Tap Danced On Me I Hate Him
Thirty Four - Things Will Change, Let's Take a Breath
Thirty Five - Takes A Weirdo To Know One
Thirty Six - Chaos Is The Peace I Crave
Thirty Seven - Venting To The Corpses
Thirty Eight - In A World With No Law, Morals Are All We Have
Thirty Nine - And They Said Romance Is Dead
Fourty - Pepsi And Pocky Sticks... For Freedom!
Fourty One - Who You Could Have Become
Forty Two - Finale
I'm in tears (but like happy tears) also SEQUEL
SEQUEL <3

Eighteen - Breaking The Ice

3K 240 108
By BornToSpark

The transition from snowy, piercing-cold outside to the chilly, eerily empty but non the less safer insides of Yongsan Station was a relieving, and overall we-finally-made-it kinda feeling.

Your steps echoed through empty halls, that seemed to be endless above your heads and all around you. Light fell through the glass roof, making the dead silent room look bright and inviting.

You walked in front, each of your steps wary, while Jungkook trailed behind, scythe thrown over his shoulder casually, as if he wasn't tensed up as well.

Neither of you had to say it out loud, it went without saying that you understood; There were barricades on every other entry, besides the main one. Both of you knew what that meant.

"They did a great job here." Jungkook mumbled, hilt of his weapon softly banging against the wooden, highly-improvised barricade as if testing it's steadiness.

"M-hm." You looked around, nervous and giddy like you've never been.

You'd talked with Jungkook about it - what you'd do if you met other survivors, that is. Technically, you were prepared. But it was this strange sense of excitement, that question about how these survivors would be. Would they be as crazy as the cannibal couple? Would they be as un-trustworthy as Yoongi and Byul?

You marched further into the room, until you stopped in the middle of the hall, making a 360° turn on your spot to overlook the entire space.

"Now." Jungkook predicted shushed and - as expected he was right - two people jumped from the higher level and landed on each side of you in exactly that moment.

On your side landed a tall man with sand-ish colored hair, a machete strapped to his back. He looked more than hostile, deep frown on his otherwise handsome face.

That's good, you thought. Hostility is good. Hostility doesn't take advantage of us.

The other person was a rather small, skinny girl with quirky piggy-tails and sharp, cat-like eyes. She was grinning, with an expression of childlike curiosity on her face.

"Wow." She just commented, inching closer carefully.

"Yeji, stay back." The sand-haired man warned, voice deep and rumbling, "We don't know what they want."

Just to make sure, you threw Jungkook a look, who was staring at the man with an expression that was close to horrified, though there was clear wariness mixed with it that was similar to the one he's shown Yoongi.

One look of him was enough and you turned back towards the strangers, "Chill, we're just trying to get away from the snow."

"He has a scythe." Yeji pointed out very helpfully.

"Oh, yeah? Didn't notice." You answered without looking at her. The man's frown deepened.

"No need to be so pricky, just thought it was strange." Yeji retorted with a smile, hands entangled behind her back while she inched a step closer again.

"Yeji." Sand-hair said warningly, "And you're really just here 'cuz of the snow?"

You nodded truthfully. That was really it.

"No one else traveling with you?"

"Nope." You answered, starting to wonder why that guy was acting as if he owned this place.

He narrowed his eyes, staring you down for a good minute, until he sighed and threw his hands in the air, "Fine. They're safe."

Promptly, two other guys entered your line of sight - A tall, blond one with a friendly smile and a curious looking black haired one.

"See Taehyung?" Blond Guy said, patting hi shoulder, "Told ya they're safe."

"Yeah, yeah Hyung." Taehyung rolled his eyes, "You're the smartest."

"I'm sorry about him." Blond Guy smiled at both of you, extending his hand for you to shake. You felt Jungkook tense up behind you. "Name's Kim Namjoon. Nice to meet you."

"Y/N." You answered, leaving out your surname, because that would've felt a little too serious. Jungkook and you had agreed that you weren't here to stay.

"And him?" The Yeji girl jumped up and down giddily, "Who's he?" Her piggy-tails bounced around irritatingly, wide grin on her face that was so oddly childlike, though she must've been the same age as you.

"...that's Hwang Yeji." Namjoon said in an apologizing tone, "She's... excited easily." He then turned to the other two men behind him, "That grumpy idiot here is Kim Taehyung and the black haired dude is Kim Seokjin."

"Three Kims." You noted unnecessarily, feeling a little overwhelmed at not two but four survivors in front of you.

Who ever you'd met so far, they had always been couples of two - Jungkook and you included.

Namjoon looked at you expectantly and it took you so long to realize what he was waiting for, "Oh- uhm- that's Jungkook." You patted latter's shoulder as if it wasn't clear whom you were talking about.

"Was it only the two of you the whole time?" Yeji asked wide-eyed, mouth slightly agape.

You nodded, seeing the four look at each other surprised.

"That's impressive." Namjoon mumbled, "I don't think Seokjin and I would've made it without meeting these two here." He waved at Taehyung and Yeji, who both looked mildly proud.

"Joonie." Seokjin spoke up for the first time, voice surprisingly timid in comparison to his rather out-spoked companion, "Let's get away from the main hall first."

"Ah, right." Namjoon faltered for a second, eyeing you and Jungkook once more, in a way that made it clear that he, albeit his warm demeanor, didn't fully trust you. Yet.

"You'll stay here til the snow's gone I suppose?"

You nodded, "That's the plan. We don't want to bother for too long though." Going with their general act that this place belonged to them (which it didn't).

"No, no, it's fine." He mumbled, though it sounded more like mere politeness, "The more the merrier, right?"

___

Jungkook followed them silently, attached to Y/N like a guard dog while the four strangers led them to what seemed to having been a cafeteria once. They'd made it their basement, supplies, clothes and empty food cans scattered all over the place.

"I'm sorry for this mess." Seokjin muttered, clearly embarrassed - as if anyone cared about cleanliness in times like these.

"We don't care." Y/N  spoke out his thoughts truthfully.

Jungkook was glad that she didn't approach the whole thing as naively as before. She was cautious about answering their questions, not as open as she would've been prior to meeting Yoongi and Moonbyul (oh, yeah, and Mr. And Mrs. Maneater). She didn't make attachments by planning on lingering for a long time and she didn't force Jungkook to treat them with kindness as she did before.

"You don't talk much, do ya?" Taehyung joked when he walked past him, while un-strapping the holster containing the machete off him.

Jungkook shook his head, mouth remaining closed.

"Nah, he talks plenty." Y/N felt the need to expose him, "Sometimes he won't shut the fuck up."

Somewhere in another room he heard the Yeji girl cackle.

"No need to be shy." Taehyung nudged his arm playfully, and oh would've Jungkook loved to respond something, maybe punch him back, but he couldn't. Not since he laid eyes on Kim Taehyung.

Because, clearly, Taehyung didn't recognize him.

Even back when everything was normal, Jungkook hadn't expected to meet the man ever again. Meeting  him here in this... unlikely setting was so incredibly off putting, even he didn't see it coming.

All Jungkook could do now was pick a god and pray that his old acquaintance would never recognize him, ever. Or, if he came around and remembered, only when he and Y/N were long gone.

___

lotta new characters

Namjoon in this story

Taehyung

Yeji

Seokjin

xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.8K 5.3K 33
•|BTS × Reader APOCALYPSE AU|• [TRAILER IN CHAPTER 1] [VOTING CLOSED] "ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴀɪɴ ꜱᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ, ᴄᴏᴜʀᴀɢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏɴꜰɪᴅᴇɴᴄᴇ ʙʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴇxᴘᴇʀɪᴇɴᴄᴇ ɪɴ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴀ...
240K 10.8K 56
BTS Apocalypse AU In a world where half the population are living and half are the living dead, you need to be fit, strong and have strong teamwork i...
25.9K 1.7K 13
There are things you prepared for coming back home and that includes seeing your ex-boyfriend, but helping him design his apartment isn't one of them...
213K 10.5K 13
[EDITING] Just a typical love story where everything is normal, just kidding a horror X romance story where things aren't quite right. Your doll is y...