๐–๐š๐ค๐ž ๐Œ๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ||...

By Only-Lu

๐‘๐จ๐ฐ๐š๐ง ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฃ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐š๐ง๐จ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ญ๐ž๐ž๐ง๐š๐ ๐ž ๐ ๐ข๐ซ๐ฅ ๐ฐ๐ซ๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐ ๐ฎ๐ฉ ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ฒ... More

ห—หห‹ CAST หŽหŠห—
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 1

2.8K 84 7
By Only-Lu

༻༺━━━⁎∗.*.∗⁎━━━༻༺

As the sky grew dark and the moon took its place, a young girl drove through the busy streets of Toronto with glazed eyes and tear-stained cheeks.

The sound of her phone continuously ringing echoed through her car, trying to grasp her attention. She had no intention of answering. Her night had been... Shit to say the least, and the last thing she wanted to do was listen to his bullshit excuses and pleads for forgiveness.

What had she done to deserve this pain? Her heart was broken, she thought that maybe he was the one. But walking to find her boyfriend cheating on her was enough for her to recognize how wrong she was.

She didn't know what to do, all she knew was that she didn't want to be anywhere near him and that she wanted to drown her sorrows whether that be in a bottle of wine or just some ice cream which would probably the safer less explosive option. Her car came to a halt as she pulled up to her apartment building.

The brunette walked through the threshold of her apartment quickly closing the door behind her. She kicked off her shoes, letting out a sigh as her hand brushed over her face before dropping it.

The past year had been difficult for Rowan and this was just the cherry to top it all. She was alone yet again, with no one to help her fight her battles; her parents died about a year ago in a car accident leaving her to deal with life's struggles on her own. Within that year she also found that all her friends were fake and none of them could give jack shit about her.

Rowan trailed into her bedroom dragging her feet with each step. She looked down at her phone seeing the messages and missed calls from him. "No Rowan, he is not worth your tears!" She scolded herself sighing in frustration as she wiped her tears from her cheeks while taking a deep breath to calm herself. She threw her phone onto her bed and grabbed the tv remote and flicking it on to continue watching the vampire diaries.

As the phone buzzed continuously, she grabbed her phone frustratedly. "What Jamie! What could you possibly have to say that would justify your actions!" Rowans shouts, her voice getting louder with each word but it's starts to break as her eyes began to glaze over, and tears trickle down her face.

"I'm sorry Row, it was a mistake, I--I  l--love you" He answers slightly stuttering.

"I don't want to hear it, you obviously didn't love me that much if I caught you in bed with some trashy slut" He was about to say something but she cut him off. "We're over, goodbye Jamie" she finished before quickly ending the call and blocking his number.

She cradled herself under the comfort of her furry blanket as tears fell and her eyes grew heavy from exhaustion and as she began to drift off, all she could think about, was what her life would be like if she was in the vampire diaries.

«───── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ─────»

As Rowan began to awake from her peaceful slumber, the sound of a girl shouting rang in her ears. The girl kept repeating Rowan's name, before sighing when she heard no reply from the brunette.

"Is this girl serious, this is the third time this week" The young girl grumbles to herself as she walks into the bedroom seeing that her friend was still lying in her bed; only the outline of Rowan's body beneath the sheets being seen, no movement being made.

The blonde shook her head in disbelief, she sometimes wondered what this girl would do without her. She honestly believed that the brunette could sleep through a storm."Rowan get the hell out of bed we have school in 10 minutes!" The girl says walking over to Rowan before pulling off the sheets letting all the cold air flood over the petite girl's body.

"Nooo" Rowan groans as she tosses over to the other side, attempting to reclaim the remaining blanket, not even bothering to open her eyes. The blonde stood over Rowan with her arms crossed, and Rowan didn't notice anything unusual in her sleepy state; she was only hoping for an extra 15 minutes, but as her brain began to wake up, it immediately registered that she didn't know anyone with that voice.

Rowan jolted up into a sitting position, looking at a girl with blonde curled hair and blue eyes, who stood in front of her with her arms crossed. Rowan's eyes widened and her mouth dropped as she saw who was speaking. She mentally palmed herself, bewildered as to why she hadn't recognised the voice sooner; she'd heard it a million times. However, not in person.

"Umm... earth to Rowan" The blonde spoke, confusion covering her face as she waved her hand in front of Rowan's face.

"C-Caroline?" The word just barely made it out of Rowan's mouth as she gulped deeply with her gaze fixed on the blonde that stood in front of her looking down at where she sat. Rowan rubbed her eyes to see if she was just daydreaming but when she opened her eyes once again and Caroline was still there she knew it was real. Wait why was she seeing Caroline?

Rowan's thoughts began to run a million miles an hour. She wasn't dead was she? No that couldn't be possible, she had made it home safely last night. Hadn't she?

"Uh yeah- are you ok Rowan? You look like you've seen a ghost" The Blonde asks looking at the dazed brunette worried. She looked startled and confused, and she didn't reply to her question straight away.

Rowan took a moment to acknowledge the girl's words since she was lost in her thoughts; the blonde's words were faint among her many thoughts. She couldn't think of anything to say. Caroline appeared to recognise her, but how? That's when she decided to simply go with it and try to act normal, whatever that meant.

"Umm. Yup. I'm dandy. " Rowan answers giving her a thumbs up with a hesitant smile, "I ugh.. just remembered I forgot to do my homework for history" She replies making it sound more like a question than a fact. Way to go, Rowan, not suspicious at all. she rolls her eyes at herself.

"Right... Ok then, hurry up we need to leave in.." the blonde pauses looking down at her phone checking the time, then looks back towards the brunette " In minus 5 minutes, so move that cute ass!" She says grabbing the hand of the brunette and dragging her towards the closet.

Caroline hoked through the clothes, pulling tops and bottoms out before putting them back on the rail, deciding they weren't good enough. She grumbles struggling to find something that was Caroline worthy. Rowan raised her brow at how picky she was and tried to put her hand in to lift out a top, before having her hand batted away by the blonde.

"Ok, so Bonnie and Elena will meet us at school" Caroline spoke, handing Rowan a short-sleeved ditsy floral dress with a belt around the waist, a dark denim jacket and a pair of ankle boots. It wasn't actually bad, she was more of a jeans kinda girl but she could work with this.

"OK," Rowan says simply as she prepares herself. She was ready to walk out the bedroom door when she came to a halt, realising something. She slowly turned around to face the room. It hadn't occurred to her until that moment that she was no longer in her Toronto apartment. The room was quaint, but she found it charming, and it was a little more spacious. She goes out the door, letting out a sigh, and as she wanders the halls, she somehow manages to make her way around the home with ease. She seemed to know exactly where she was headed as if it were second nature to her and she had been wandering these halls for years.

"Um, have you seen my phone?" Rowan asks her eyes wandering around the room as she walked into the kitchen, Caroline leaning against the cabinets looking at her nails making sure that they were looking perfect.

"Yeah right here" Caroline responds, lifting the phone from beside her and walks over to her. She hands Rowan an iPhone 3GS. Rowan looks at Caroline confused but takes it nonetheless. Rowan looks at the date, it's September 2009. Well damn.

Pieces were slowly starting to put themselves together inside Rowan's head. But what she didn't know was how and why she was here.

"Come on we have to go you know what Mr Tanner is like" Caroline throws Rowan her backpack and heads towards the door, the brunette follows quickly behind her.

The drive to Mystic Falls High was a short one, but there was a sparkle in Rowan's eyes and she tried to dim her smile not wanting to look like a weirdo. The goal of the day was to play it cool. But that may be a bit of a hard one. Because on the inside Rowan was bursting with excitement.

Caroline decided that Rowan was taking too long so she took hold of her wrist and dragged her into the school. The halls were in full motion, students arriving into the school and heading to class, while others stood off to the side at the lockers talking to their friends.

Knowing how much of an ass Mr Tanner was, Rowan and Caroline decide not to test his patience and head straight to his class. They walk into the class, many of the seats were already taken but there were two empty seats next to each other which was lucky. So they take their seats. Rowan felt a tap on her shoulder and she turned round to be faced by a smiley, dark brown haired, green-eyed, coloured girl who went by the name of Bonnie Bennett.

The brunette could feel a headache coming on, but she ignored it and smiled at the girl. "Hey Bonnie" she starts just as an image flashed before her eyes. It looked to be a memory of some sort.

The two girls sat giggling enjoying each other's company, spending time with one another just as best friends do." I can't believe you didn't tell me!" Bonnie shakes her head at her best friend giggling to herself. She threw popcorn at Rowan to which the Brunette reciprocated. Rowan ends up falling off the bed dragging Bonnie down with her leaving the pair on the floor with the air full of laughter. "I didn't think it was a necessary detail to bring up Bon. I'm not going so it doesn't matter." Rowan shrugs brushing off the popcorn as she looks at her best friend with an innocent-looking smile.

The image fades from Rowan's mind and her vision becomes clear once again.

What the hell was going on. She shakes her head realising Bonnie trying to grab her attention.
"Rowan are you ok?" Bonnie questions looking at her with concern.

"Sorry, Bon. Just a bit distracted, what was it that you were saying?" Rowan replies scratching her forehead, thinking about what seemed to be a memory. Bonnie was about to say something but Mr Tanner clears his throat signalling that he was about to start talking and that we should all shut up. They both roll their eyes oddly in sync, which causes the two to giggle.

"The Battle of Willow Creek took place right at the end of the war in our very own Mystic Falls. How many casualties resulted in this battle? Ms Bennett?" Mr Tanner asks peering over at Bonnie waiting for an answer.

"Um...a lot? I'm not sure. Like a whole lot." She answers sheepishly and Rowan couldn't help but giggle in which Mr Tanner raises his brow as he stares at her disapprovingly.

"Cute becomes dumb in an instant, Ms Bennett."

"Mr Donovan? Would you like to take this opportunity to overcome your embedded jock stereotype?" Mr Tanner spoke not looking amused. The brunette just rolled her eyes and moved her gaze towards Matt.

"It's okay, Mr Tanner, I'm cool with it," Matt answers making everyone chuckle.

"Hmm. Elena? Surely you can enlighten us about one of the town's most significant historical events?" He then decided to fix his gaze towards the other Brunette with brown eyes.

"I'm sorry, I--I don't know." She answers.
"I was willing to be lenient last year for obvious reasons, Elena. But the personal excuses ended with summer break." Rowan scoffs at her teacher's words, Elena just dropped her gaze.

"What about you Ms Matthews, you must know considering you obviously don't need to listen in this class."  Rowan was staring out the window but turns her head round to face him. Her eyes were slightly narrowed at the teacher not liking his attitude toward the students. She drops her head, looking at her lap, as a small smirk came to lips, which he hadn't noticed. She wasn't about to sit there a take his bullshit. Seeing as she didn't answer he scoffs and looked like he was about to say something more but before he could she speaks up.

"Sir, what class is this?" Rowan asks simply, her face was blank, and he narrowed his eyes, wondering what her game was.

"Ms Matthews, I think you are aware that you are in History," he chuckles sarcastically shaking his head, looking at the rest of class with a smirk. He was trying to make her look stupid. But it was about to be Rowan 1, Mr Tanner 0.

"Oh, so we arent in how to be a jackass 101?"

Laughter fill the room and the smirk falls off Mr Tanners face. She smirked teasingly at the teacher as he gritted his teeth. The man looked like he was about to blow a casket at how she made him look a fool, but he didn't really need much help with that. She tilted her head a little her brow raised waiting for what he had to say.

"But if you must know. There were 346 casualties." Rowan adds boredly letting out a sigh.

"Well, unless you're counting local civilians." A male voice spoke up. Rowan looked over to where the voice came from and saw Stefan Salvatore himself. She sends him a nod with a small smile before turning back to see Mr Tanner staring at her.

"That is actually correct Ms Matthews," Mr Tanner says reluctantly, his displeasure when telling her that she was right only made her smug smile grow.

Mr Tanner looks to where Stefan sat, the other voice that spoke up, "Mr?"
"Salvatore," Stefan answers blankly.
"Salvatore. Any relation to the original settlers here at Mystic Falls?"
"Distant," Stefan replies with a slight nod.
"There actually were no civilian casualties in this battle." He states matter of factly smirking when he thought he could make Stefan look stupid as well.
"Actually, there were 27, sir. Confederate soldiers, they fired on the church, believing it to be housing weapons. They were wrong. It was a night of great loss. The founder's archives are, uh, stored in the civil hall if you'd like to brush up on your facts, Mr Tanner." He retorts as everyone gapes and snickers at his last comment.

"Hmm." The teacher looks down not knowing what to say and it was obvious he was embarrassed as well as frustrated with a student showing him up.

«───── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ─────»

Rowan walked side by side with Bonnie as they headed for her car, Bonnie had offered to drive her home, so they could get ready for the party together.

Bonnie thought that her friend had been acting weird, or well weirder than usual. She was normally really outgoing, cheerful and free-spirited taking joy in the little things in life, but she was off like she was stuck in her head. It was as if she was a totally different person, she was quiet and nervous as if something was wrong. "Are you sure you are ok Row, you have been off all day?" The girl asked her friend suspiciously.

"y-yeah why wouldn't I be" She answers as she could feel the headache return. She brought her hands up to her forehead as the pain worsens. Bonnie grasps onto the girl before she could fall. "Ok now I know somethings up, what going on with you" She looks Rowan in the eyes with concern.

Rowan noticed that it looked like Bonnie went into some sort of daze after grabbing onto her hand, and after a few seconds, her eyes grew wide as she stumbled back. "What is it, Bonnie?" The brunette looks at her new friend with concern. "I--I don't know, it was confusing,  I saw you and it looked like you were falling but everything was black" She answered hesitantly. By this point, they had reached her car and they sat down. They looked at each other confused wondering what to make of what just occurred.

"Ok... I need to tell you something, I don't really understand it myself "  Rowan pauses but continues after letting out a nervous sigh "but I need to tell someone and I feel like I can trust you" she adds before trying to think of what to say. She knew that she probably should wait a little longer before telling anyone anything, but she felt like there was like a bond between the two- A sisterly bond. There was something inside her telling her that she could trust the witch; Bonnie obviously didn't know it yet so Rowan wasn't going to tell her, she had to let the girl's story play out on its own. 

"Of course you can trust me Row" she shakes her head grabbing onto her hand to comfort her.

The girl takes a deep breath before starting to explain "Ok, I don't really know how it happened but... I will try to explain it to the best of my ability."

"Ok so last night I had found my boyfriend, or well ex-boyfriend cheating me"

"Wait you had a boyfriend and I didn't know!" She pauses for a second A--AND HE CHEATED!" she gapes in disbelief

"Ok I really should have started that better, but that's beside the point, so let me continue."

"But anyway, I made my way home. In Toronto." She looks confused at her words. "Toronto?" Rowan ignores her and continues to explain. "I got back to my apartment, with him blowing up my phone, I don't answer- because like why should I- he cheated why should I give him even a second of my time." Bonnie looks over at the girl with sincerity as she explains.  "Anyway, I ignore him and decided to just spend the next few hours wallowing in self-pity, watching the vampire diaries..."

"What's the vampire diaries-" Rowan puts her finger in front of Bonnies lip silencing her. "I'm getting there. As I was saying..." The brunette continues to explain

«───── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ─────»

The girls sat in the car gazing through the window as Bonnie takes in all Rowan had said in the last 15 minutes. "Soo... basically. What your saying is that you... Rowan Matthews. The girl that I have known my whole life. Is from an alternate universe where this life is a tv show... IN 2021!" She states in disbelief

"Sounds about right." Rowan deadpans

"Do you realise how crazy you sound Row?" Bonnie looks at the brunette with her eyebrow slightly raised in disbelief, she was finding it difficult to consume all the information that Rowan had just explained.

Rowan sighs before looking down wondering what to think of the situation herself- it does sound like something you read about in a fantasy book. "I know. I know but I'm telling the truth"

"You say that you have known me your whole life right?"

"Yeah?" The green-eyed girl answers wondering where her friend was leading with this.

"That's what I don't understand. I only woke up this morning in this universe. and I'm starting to get glimpses of memories. of the Rowan, you know." The brunette runs through her hands through her hair "I don't know what's going on Bon. A--and I'm scared"

The coloured girl pulls her friend into a tight embrace. She could tell that she was speaking the truth, Bonnie didn't know what had happened earlier on with the vision, but what she did know was that she was going to help her friend figure out what was going on. And who knows maybe she would figure out what was going on with herself as well.

*Comment & Vote, Please and Thank you*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177 16 11
Sybil is the quintessential teenager. Well, she was before her parents woke up one day and chose to move to Virginia. Mystic Falls, Virginia, a smal...
20K 554 28
When Klaus Mikaelson comes to Mystic Falls, to break his curse, his eyes catch on a Psychic Witch, in the myth of trying to move on, from her heartbr...
70.2K 2K 42
"๐‹๐ž๐ญ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐›๐ž ๐ข๐ฆ๐ฆ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐š๐ฅ, ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐š ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐š๐ฆ๐ž, ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ ๐ข๐ญ ๐›๐ž ๐ข๐ง๐Ÿ๐ข๐ง๐ข๐ญ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ง๐  ๐š๐ฌ ๐ข๐ญ ๐ฅ๐š๏ฟฝ...
1.1M 41.6K 89
When her mother announced they were moving once again, this time to a small town in Virginia, Emma assumed it was just one more search for a fresh st...