The Assassin's Cupid {Under E...

By YourAcetylCholine

"I don't care if you do proms or not. I'm not missing my last high school prom. You're going to prom with me... More

Introduction.
You're so sus
Curiosity
Kidnap
Memory wipe.
Change of plans
Doce
Choad
FBJ
Mop stick
Death of Dickhead
Walks
Rage and Trust
Camouflage
Oreos + Candy
Tell Mum
No Escape
Bloody Motherfucking Asshole
NCIS?
Mistakenly
Island girl
Theory
Armour
Ever
Role-playing
Prom
Corvette
Klyde
Creep
Unclichè
Alexander.
Run
Monsieur
Sydney
No Fucking Way
Bad Guy
Sacrifices
Promises and Swears
Crazy But Perfect
Tough Night
Way Too Nice Assassin.
My Cupid
You're Amazentastic ❤️

Wrong answer

32 15 4
By YourAcetylCholine

Aneeqa.

I was woken by the annoying ray of sunlight forcing its way into my eyes.

I gave up fighting it by opening my eyes, sitting up.

Well, Today's another day. I'm alive, that's enough reason to Thank God.

I looked at the Rikon quartz clock hanging on the wall opposite me.

11:21

11:21? I know I'm not doing anything today but I still overslept.

Can I blame myself? No. Why? I got home by 3am!!! And I didn't even sleep straight away. I had to browse what 'doce' meant from the translator app.

It turned out to mean candy in portugese.

Great. I have a partner that calls me candy.

Candy!!

I groaned as I got up wearily and grabbed my phone from the bed side table.

I almost dropped it accidentally but didn't, which reminded me that I had to create a case for my iOS at casetify today.

Trudging to my closet, more incidents from yesterday flooded my head.

And that's when it hit me.

I got employed as an assassin in a secret agency?!!!!!!!

Holy crap! That's huge.

I couldn't believe this.

I mean, yesterday I really thought I was going to be done for but instead I got employed.

And if I'm asked, that's a freakishly amazing way to start your summer.

Although it was kinda weird that it's a secret agency and it's working with the FBI and CIA.

I shoved the thoughts down my brain as I decided to ask Lyrik about it later.

I picked out my outfit for the day and walked into the bathroom.

I was about to put my toothbrush in my mouth when my hazel green eyes came in contact with my reflection's and I noticed that I still had Lyrik's black hoodie on.

I totally forgot to give it back.

Meh, maybe later I'd give it back.

Shoving more thoughts down my head, I brushed my teeth and had my bath.

*~*

Looking at myself in the bathroom mirror, I was putting on a magenta sleeveless pleated top and black denim jeans but my blonde, too full, kinky curly hair was wet.

I opened one of the drawers in the bathroom cabinet and got out my hair blow dryer. I switched it on as I directed it to my hair.

I stepped out of the bathroom and in fear, immediately screamed,....squealed,..Yelped, Pointing the hair blow dryer as a weapon at the figure that stood few metres away.

I didn't know what I did but I sure sounded like a dying turkey.

I looked away and shut my eyes, hoping that the appliance will some what protect me.

There was a freaking intruder in my room!!

Slowly looking up and opening one eye first, I saw Lyrik standing there with his hands in his pocket, his eyes shut and his black hair being blown out as the heat from the dryer hit his face.

Wait. Lyrik?!

Recognising the intruder, I turned off the hair blow dryer and lowered my hand.

"Lyrik?"

"Yeah. It's great to see you too, Doce." He said sarcastically with his hair sticking out messily.

He wore a grey long sleeved T-shirt with black jeans and black air Force 1's and I was starting to wonder if he was immune to the summer day sun.

"Are you crazy? How the hell did you get in here?" I sighed, recovering from my initial fear.

"Duh! Window." He said simply, pointing at the window before going over to seat on my bed and using his phone.

I stared at him blankly.

This is a duplex, how did he climb all the way up?

"Assassin skills." He said, without looking up from his phone, as if reading my mind.

I stared at him for seconds, then looked at the window, then back at him, then the window again.

"You're unbelievable." I said quietly, still looking at the window.

"Thanks." He said in his light voice, never lifting his eyes from his phone. Lyrik didn't have a deep voice and I liked it that way. Somehow guys with deep voices always made me scared that they were part of a stupid mafia or something like that.

Although, I heard the smile in his voice but by the time I turned to look at him again, it was gone and replaced by an emotionless stare at me as he stood up and placed his phone in his pocket.

"What do you want anyway?" I asked, switching on the blow dryer and resuming drying my hair.

"We have training." He said, raising his voice because of the sound the blow dryer gave off as he came closer to me, held my hand with his right hand, his rings brushing my skin, and took the blow dryer from my hand with his left hand and switched it off with both hands.

Not gonna lie, I totally forgot about training.

"Training? It's....11:32." I said, checking my phone first.

"Exactly. We're late." He said, pulling my hand in his as he opened the door and started going down the stairs.

"B-but. I haven't even eaten anything yet–" My protest was interrupted as he instantly covered my mouth with his hand, gently pushing me against the wall.

I stared into his big glassy electric blue eyes, confused as he held the stare equally.

We were so close to each other, I could feel the warmth of his body on me.

Okay, what the hell is going on?!!

He broke the staring contest and looked in the direction of the living room.

That's when I heard someone talking like they were on the phone.

In less than a second, Lyrik pulled me from the wall and dragged me to the kitchen, sitting me on the floor as I rested my back on the wall, while he knelt on one knee in front of me.

"Doce, stay here and please be quiet." He whispered with his hands on my shoulder.

I just stared at him, fear and confusion lacing my features.

He looked out from beside the wall for a moment, then brought his eyes back to me.

"I almost never use 'please', so when I do, I need you to take me seriously." He said calmly but seriously, pulling out a gun from underneath his shirt, at his back and walked out of the kitchen to the living room.

I didn't say anything, but I was freaking out.

Hell, nobody told me that I was going to be involved with stuff like this when I signed up to work with assassins.

I peeped into the living room from my hiding spot in the kitchen and saw the guy who was talking earlier.

He looked huge and tall and was on all black.

It was easy for Lyrik to get behind him and hide by a wall because he was pacing back and forth and Lyrik's stealth was killer.

"Yeah. I'm in.............yes I'm sure, there's no one here, the front door was locked, she may have stepped out.....…....yeah, he's on look out outside the house." The guy said, on the phone.

My heart started beating like it was about to leap out of my chest.

Momentarily, he hung up. Then Lyrik, taking the chance, immediately hooked the guy's neck with his arms and grabbed the guy's weapon from his back pocket.

The guy choked on air and struggled to breath as Lyrik tightened his grip.

I couldn't seem to get my eyes off of everything that was going on in front of me, regardless of the fear building up inside of me.

Lyrik turned him around and kicked his legs, sweeping him down as he stood few inches in front of him, replaced his gun in his back pocket and pointed the other gun at the guy who was now on the floor, looking disoriented.

"Who sent you and why are you here?" Lyrik questioned in his ever calm and cracked voice.

And I just had to wonder, how can someone remain this calm in a situation like this?!

The guy breathed heavily on the floor and looked directly at Lyrik before speaking.

"You motherfucker."

"Wrong answer." Lyrik said and shot him in his forehead.

A loud gasp immediately escaped my lips and I turned away from the scenario, holding my back against the wall as I felt my throat close up and fought the image I just saw out of my head.

Someone just friggin died in my home!!!!

I looked back at the scene and saw Lyrik collect the guys phone from his pocket and move over to the other end of the room. He flattened his back on the wall beside the door, just as a second guy came in through the door.

He didn't see Lyrik because when he opened the door, it concealed him.

"Fuck!" The guy swore on seeing his partner and rushed to his side.

Then Lyrik stepped into the open, grabbed the second guy's gun from his holster.

When the guy tried to turn around, he hit him with the end of the gun and kicked him on the floor.

"Tsk tsk. Man, I really expected more from you guys. I mean, you guys look all tough but then..." Lyrik trailed off, seeming amused by the whole fight as he refilled the bullets in his gun.

Lyrik placed his foot on the second guy's chest, keeping him in place, still pointing a gun at his face as he collected the dude's phone.

"How did y—"

"Shh." Lyrik said, cutting the guy off. "I'm asking the questions here, old man."

"I asked your partner a question, he answered incorrectly and well....he's dead. I'm going to ask you same question. If you don't want to end up like him,.... answer correctly." Lyrik said in a low and calm tone, although the last two words had a warning tone with it.

"Who sent you and why are you here?" Lyrik questioned again.

The guy kept quiet for a while, but when Lyrik straightened his gun, he stuttered then started talking.

"Wait....I'll tell you.." He stammered, fear evident in his voice. "Alexander sent me here....he said to capture your new recruit and bring her to him." He deadpanned and I felt I didn't hear him clearly, the moment he finished.

Capture me?!

How the hell did he know they had a new recruit?

Lyrik gave him a long hard stare, while biting his lip frantically.

Then he spoke up,

"Good kid, now you get a candy." Lyrik said to my surprise before reaching into his pocket, getting a sweet, opening it and putting it into the guy's mouth.

If I wasn't in this situation, I would have laughed. Lyrik never seizes to amaze me.

He went back to biting his bottom lip, gazing at anywhere, randomly.

I was sure he was thinking the same thing that I was.

After a few seconds, he looked back at the guy, then his shoe which was still on the guy's chest.

"Damn. Your dickhead partner fucking soiled my airforce's with his disgusting blood." Lyrik said, keeping a disgusted face as he removed his foot from the guy and stood up straight.

I almost laughed again.

"You're coming with me." Lyrik said, pulling the guy up from the floor, as he dragged him outside.

I was still very confused at everything that just happened and I needed to ask Lyrik some questions.

If they worked with the FBI and CIA, aren't they meant to hand over the idiots to them and not take matters into their own hands.

I didn't even know whether to move or stay where I was.

Moments later, I heard the door open again and I got up.

Then Lyrik walked into the kitchen.

He looked at me, his gorgeous eyes scanning me.

I tried to look at him confidently but I know fear was written all over my face.

That was the first time I saw someone die, right in front of me.

From the way he clocked his tongue and rolled his eyes, I knew he saw right through me.

He threw his head back and groaned lightly before looking back at me.

"Look, I'm—" He trailed off, trying to say something but no words came out and i tilted my head to the side, puzzled.

He looked like he was trying to apologise but didn't know how to.

"I am..uh.." he shut his eyes as he looked uncomfortable.

"Sorry?" I offered, staring at him.

His eyes met mine again. "Yeah, that's the word."

I gave him a blank stare.

He really can't say sorry. For Christ's sake, it is just a five lettered word.

"Look, I know being an assassin is going to be hard for you but apologising and considering people's feelings is also hard for me but here you are making me do it." He said rapidly in a final tone.

I nodded slowly, not sure I got his point.

He nodded too before grabbing my hand and pulling me with him out the kitchen basically rendering me speechless.

But again,

Would he quit dragging me around? A simple 'C'mon Aneeqa' really wouldn't hurt.

×××××××××××××

A/N: Plans changed, guys. I had to stay home to register for an exam, that's why I have the chance to update.

Thanks for your votes again

Love y'all

Stay Amazentastic.

_laere

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 158 30
"He might hear you"my best friend said. "Hear what?"he asked from the back and the least I could do was shrivel at the hearing of his voice. "Somethi...
12K 910 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
2.3M 46.7K 52
I sit down on my bike looking around the school parking lot. Listening to music, I stand up begin to walk through the student-less parking lot. Hones...
14.8K 1.1K 34
"What's wrong with you?" I asked, finally tired with his annoying stares. "What's your deal with Lucas?" He asked back, gritting his teeth. Geez what...