Home Again

By hattiiiieeee

Although on the outside Aurora seems to have it all together. In reality she feels like she is a let down. At... More

Characters
Description
I || Numb
II || Syringe
III || Intruder
IV || Beep
V || Bubba
VI || Nonni
VII || Cuccioli
IX || Spaventato
X || Spiaggia

VIII || Zia, Zio & Cugino's

4.1K 91 9
By hattiiiieeee

A u r o r a

Nonno curses quietly under his breath when he feels me tense against him.

"Do they have no regard for others?" He mutters to himself.

I furrow my eyebrows at him, but thinking about it I guess he's right. It's like they don't realise I'm not ready for company, family or not. Well, I suppose I better get used to it, I have a large family and they're all going to want to see me at some point.

I take a deep breath and bring my head from the crook of Nonno's neck. My eyes scan the room as I try to relax my breathing and heart rate. Just breathe Aurora. Easy right?

Wrong.

I need safety right now, I need my Papà. I wriggle out of Nonno's grip and wobble over towards my Dad. I immediately stand beside him and without hesitation he hoists me into his arms. I let out a sigh of relief once I'm situated in his grasp.

It's not that I don't feel safe with Nonno, he's just not Daddy.

I tuck my head against Daddy's chest taking deep breaths. A hand rubs my back tracing shapes as it goes. I don't flinch, I find comfort in this touch. I squeeze my eyes shut one last time and take a breath, it's time to face them all.

I stop hiding in Daddy's neck and turn to see all twelve cousins, three uncles, five brothers, three aunts, mommy and both grandparents.

I inhale deeply and bring my hands up shakily ready to sign.

'Hello everyone, it's good to see you all.'

This time when I sign it isn't a big surprise like it was with Nonno and Nonna.

Zio Otello is the first to speak, he is the youngest of all my dads brothers. It goes Daddy as the oldest then Angelo, Ricco and Otello.

"Ciao Bambola It's lovely to have you back, I missed our pranks." His deep voice rumbled mischievously.

Before I was taken by Viktor to Russia, Zio Otello and I would cause mischief throughout the house.

Introducing the fun uncle.

Even though he has more children than Angelo and Ricco he is the most immature. Even his sons are more mature than him. Saying this, Otello doesn't care a bit and neither do I.

A small smile breaks its way onto my face remembering all the fun we used to have.

I give him a shy wave and lean my head on Daddy's chest.

Each cousin, aunt and uncle greet me sending me reassuring smiles, warm looks which makes me slightly more comfortable. Not fully still though.

My lips upturn slightly when I see the triplets, Vincenzo Orfeo and Gino. They are they youngest of all the cousins and brothers. They are all nineteen and the youngest sons of Otello.

They are my favourite cousins, most of the time. I would never tell the others that though. I say most of the time because they do get on my nerves, a lot.

Once the reunion between the family and I is over, I feel insecure under their gazes.

Even though none of them have asked for the reason I no longer speak, I can still hear it all through the questioning gazes their faces portray.

I try to ignore the anxious tug within my stomach and lean into Daddy letting out a yawn.

I only realise quite how long I was outside with the dogs when I see the darkened sky outside of the large glass doors situated at the far side of the room.

Papà's hand rubbing my back and is unconsciously lulling me to sleep.

It's been a long day, I deserve a sleep. These thoughts stop when I hear the rumble of my tummy. My face burns red and I bury myself into Daddy's neck. His chest vibrates in a chuckle at my embarrassment.

I huff and look back at him, bringing my hands up I sign.

'I'm glad you find humour in my embarrassment.' I pout.

He shakes his head, a smile playing on his lips.

"Let's get some food in that little tummy of yours Principessa." He says tickling my sides causing now to wiggle around in his grip.

He finally stops his torture and sets me down, walking beside me from the living room to the kitchen. He picks me back up, earning a huff and a groan from me. Luckily he's not babying me and he just puts me on the kitchen island making me smile and swing my legs back and forth.

I watch him as he goes to the fridge pulling out a bowl of Fettuccine Alfredo, my favourite causing a grin to break out on my face.

He heads over to the microwave to heat it up. He then comes over to me and carries me over to the dining room placing me in a seat in the middle of the table.

After getting me seated he kisses my head and walks back over to the kitchen. As soon as he walks away I hear commotion around me. I look up to see all the brothers and cousins fighting over the two chairs beside me. I stifle a laugh and look towards my aunts and uncles for what to do, but they all just laugh shake their head in disapproval of the boys.

I hear multiple groans so I look up to see who won the fights over the chairs. The two oldest cousins won probably by threatening their brothers and cousins. Dante and Dario got the chairs beside me. They are both technically younger than Alessandro, but he didn't seem to want to fight anyway. Dario and Dante are twins and are 25. Both the first sons of Angelo and his wife Gia.

They both wear smug grins on their identical faces. The others all look defeated until I look forward to see Alessandro opposite me. So he's the clever one then, I guess he figured that if they would all go for seats beside me, he would get the seat facing me while they were all preoccupied with squabbling over a chair.

Whilst the rest of the boys groan and begrudgingly go and find another place at the table, I start eating. I've already engulfed half of the bowl by the time I look up to the feeling of eyes set on me. Every single pair of eyes are staring down at me.

Haven't they got anything better to do than watching me eat? I guess not. All of the family is in here now, just staring at me.

In a huff I put down my fork an sign to them.

'Do you all have nothing better to do than to stare at me eating?'

I ask with an eyebrow raised, all of their faces light up with a grin a few let out a chuckle.

I huff again and just ignore them, eating my food again.

Just as I'm about to finish eating I feel a comforting hand at the top of my back, except it's not comfortable, at all.

My eyes widen and breathing deepens. I squeeze my eyes shut to compose myself. You're fine Rory don't be silly it's just the twins.

I hear distant calls of my name but they all seem so far away. The hand is off my back but more have replaced it. Hands of worry, pity, sadness.

I can't breathe get these hands off me. I know my family is trying to help but I just can't have anyone touch me, I feel suffocated, my eyes close and darkness takes over me.

_______________

Thank you for reading! I really hoped you enjoyed. This one took a while to get out but I have been very busy with school, I'm trying to be head girl so my schedule is kind of all over the place. Tell me your thoughts on the chapter and comment any typos because I will fix them.
Love you all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 6K 33
Aurora grows up with abusive foster parents until her biological father learns about her existence and steps in to save her. But what happens when 6...
966K 23.3K 33
"Aurora, get in the goddamn car before I throw you over my shoulder and put you in there myself", One of my brothers say. I roll my eyes at them. Thr...
1.8M 49.5K 50
"𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗼𝗹𝘀 𝘂𝘀 𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘂𝘀 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲, 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲...
443K 8.7K 105
violet jones grew up around people that she feared. one day she got thrown a massive curve ball, her whole life blowing up just within just two days...