A Twist of Mates

By LoraWhite6

Jared is a successful Alpha that is also the town's police chief. He not only keeps his pack safe but he also... More

Chapter 1- Welcome to Mooncreek
Chapter 2- Hello Officer
Chapter 3- Why Do Bad Things Keep Happening To Me?
Chapter 4- Going For a Run
Chapter 5- Big, Bad Wolf
Chapter 6- Date Night
Chapter 7- Messing With The Wrong Pack
Chapter 9- Pity Party
Chapter 10- Kidnapped
Chapter 11- Am I Going Crazy??
Chapter 12-Please Help!
Chapter 13- Jared's a What????
Chapter 14- Mates?
Chapter 15-Why Didn't You Tell Me The Truth?
Chapter 16-Punishment
Chapter 17-Even More Complicated Than We Thought
Chapter 18-I Only Want You
Chapter 19- Time for a Road Trip
Chapter 20-Can I Ask Where You Got This Photo?
Chapter 21-Drive Around The Block and Come Back
Chapter 22- Here's The Twist
Chapter 23- Make the Right Choice
Chapter 24-The Moon Goddess Must Hate Me
Chapter 25- When Shit Hit The Fan
Chapter 26-Brother My Ass
Chapter 27-All Is Fair In Love And War
Chapter 28-Why Don't We Make That A Table For 4?
Chapter 29-The Misunderstanding
Chapter 30- Sexual Frustration
Chapter 31- Time To Move On
Chapter 32- Ultimate Rejection
Chapter 33- I Love You
Chapter 34- I Am Not A Piece Of Glass
Chapter 35-Finally Found Release
Chapter 36- Accepting Each Other As Mates
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 8- Double Date

3.1K 82 6
By LoraWhite6

Samira's POV

I give my hair one last look before heading downstairs get ready for our double date. I chose to put my hair up and curl it letting some ringlets hang down. I also put on a short black dress that hugs my body nicely showing off my curves. I slip on a cute pair of black, strappy sandals perfect for dancing in. I am really looking forward to tonight. I am finally going to meet some new people too. They are friends of Jared's. We are going to go on a double date. As I make my way downstairs, I lock eyes with Jared who has been waiting for the last few minutes for me to finish getting ready. He looks over me hungrily and lets out a growl. Wait was that a growl? I also take this chance to check him out. He looks amazing. He is wearing a nice button up shirt that shows off the perfect mounds of muscles all over his body and a nice pair of slacks to match. I just want to run my hands along his arm and trace the outline of his biceps with my finger. I finally reach the bottom step and he steps closer to me.

"Don't you think you might get cold? Maybe you should wear a jacket?" He asks me.

How sweet. He's worried about me.

"No thank you I will be fine. I will get hot dancing around." I reply with a little chuckle.

He looks at me with an emotion that I can't read. There's an awkward silence before I hear someone clear their throat and it breaks me from my trance. Oh yeah that's right his friends.

"Samira, this is Lance and his ma..girlfriend Raven." Jared introduces them.

Was he going to say mom? Lol. Jared seems very nervous for some reason.

"It's nice to meet you both." I say.

"Girl, we are going to have so much fun! I love to dance but more importantly I love to drink!." Raven says to me.

I like her already. I smile at her sweetly and I then notice Lance make a b-line over to her as he begins to rub his hands all over her and they make-out in the living room of my grandparents house. Oh my. Talk about PDA. It's like a mini porno. It makes me feel super awkward. I think Jared can tell too because he then says "Well we should get going." He interrupts their little groping session.

"Absolutely. Let's get out of here." Lance says and he and Raven giggle leaving out the door of the house.

They must really be in love with each other. I begin to follow behind them when I am suddenly caged up against the wall. Jared's arms are on both sides of my body and he looks down at me like he wants to devour me or something. It's really a turn on. His eyes almost look like they are another color. Wait eyes don't just change colors?

I am snapped out of my thoughts when he leans extremely close to my face and says, "You look so fucking hot in that dress. I almost don't even want to take you out of the house because every guy will have theirs eyes all over you. "

I swallow nervously. It's so hot in here and my mouth is dry. "Really?" I manage to squeal out.

He then leans down and gently kisses my lips and then trails some kisses down my neck. He sucks and nips on my neck for a bit and it's feels so good.

I lose myself in how good it feels until I hear "Are you guys coming or what?" Lance asks from outside on the front lawn.

"Sooner or later." Jared giggles out with a smile.

I smack his arm. He's so dirty minded. His arms feel like steel. I bet they would feel amazing holding my body up against the wall why he fucks the hell out of me. Oh Lord I need to stop having these thoughts. Jared moves his hands back down and then holds one out signaling me that he wants to hold my hand. My heart skips a beat. He's so sweet.

It's about a thirty minute ride to the club we are going to and we all make small talk in the car on the way there. I am pretty sure though that Lance and Raven are doing a little more in the backseat at times but I try not to think about. They really don't care whose around to watch them go at it. It's a bit much. It's sweet though how much they love each other. Maybe I could have that with Jared one day? Woah I really need to slow down. I mean we just met and of course we are attracted to each other but who knows if this is going to work out. It's too early to tell. I do almost feel sparks every time his skin touches mine or we kiss. I love it. Before we know it we arrive at the club and we go inside.

As we walk in, the place is alive with loud music, crazy lights, and bodies grinding up against each other everywhere we look. Typical club. We make our way over to a booth in the corner of the room and we each order our drinks and appetizers. We talk and laugh for awhile while we drink. After about 30-40 minutes and four mixed drinks in, I start to feel buzzed. I don't think the rest of them are nearly as buzzed as me but I can tell the alcohol is starting to effect them too.

Raven all of the sudden jumps up yellling, "I love this song. Let's go dance guys!"

We all get up and make our way to the dance floor. Jared actually has some moves, not that I am really surprised. We dance around for a while having a great time until I start to feel really thirsty from all the dancing and how hot it is in here. I ask Jared to go get us some more drinks while I stay and continue to dance with Lance and Raven. Suddenly I feel hands grope my ass and a hard body is  pressed up against my back side while the person holds me tightly against their body grinding roughly. What the hell? Is Jared like completely drunk or something? I turn around to give him a death stare only to realize it's not Jared that is grinding against my back. It's a guy I have never seen before in my life that's now smiling back at me. He looks sleezy.

"Umm. I am kind of here on a date with someone else so can you please stop and find someone else to dance with?" I ask nicely.

Just take the hint buddy. Not interested.

"Come on baby, we both know you liked it. I could tell. If you think these moves are good you should see me in bed." He says with a wink and a smile.

Eww. Gross. Lance and Raven both stand there glaring at the dude.

"I suggest you back up dude. We don't want any trouble." Lance chimes in.

The stranger laughs in his face. "Trouble? Do you think I am scared of you?" He seethes back.

Well I mean he should be. Lance looks way more built than this guy and I am pretty sure he could take him. Lance starts to walk up to the strange man and suddenly the sleeze ball grabs me and starts trying to kiss me and grope my chest. Nasty. He smells like beer and onions. Not a good combination.

"Stop it!" I yell.

But he just ignores me and just as Lance comes to intervene, he doesn't get the chance to because the guy is knocked down hard by a fist flying right at his temple. I look over to see who just came to my rescue and it was none other than Jared and he looks like he could kill him right now. Oh boy this is not good. It might be time to go home. They guy looks up at all of us standing there and Jared starts screaming at the guy making a total scene in front of everyone. They all stop what they are doing and stare at us.

"She told you to stop and you didn't fucking listen you piece of shit. Get your nasty ass out of here. And never, ever again touch what is mine!" Jared yells.

Wait. What the fuck did he just say? His? What am I a piece of property. Oh hell no. I just met Jared and while I really like him we aren't going to start with this possessive shit. Not going to be with someone that says I can't have friends that are guys or whatever. Even though I know he was taking up for me I don't like how he is treating me right now.

"Jared." I chime in. "I am ready to go now." I say seriously.

"Ok." He replies quietly.

We get in the car and the ride back to my grandparents house was very quiet and awkward. Clearly both Jared and I were pissed off but for two different reasons. As we pull in the driveway I am ready to jump out of the car and run inside but Jared is quick and stops me before I can reach the door.

"Look, I know you are pissed off because that guy did that, he had no right to put his hands on you like that. But I had a feeling that something like that might happen because you were wearing that revealing dress. So many guys are pigs and just think with their dicks. I am so glad I came over there when I did before he touched you again." He says.

Wow. He totally has no clue why I am mad. This should be fun.

"No, you look. I am not pissed off because some stupid Jack ass put his hands on me. I was handling it. What pissed me off was that you came over there all macho saying that I was yours like I was some piece of property or something. And now I am really pissed because you basically just blamed him touching me on what I was wearing like I was dressed like some whore or something. We just met and while I like you, I am not your damn possession. We barely know each other. I am not going to be with someone who is going to parade me around like I am his shiny prize or something. And I definitely don't want to be with someone who is going to think every man is trying to get with me because of what I am wearing or something. Next thing I know, you will be controlling me telling me who I can be friends with and what I am allowed to wear. Fuck that!" I yell at him.

I try to blow past him but he swings me around while he holds my arms tightly. He looks back at me with such intensity and seriousness it almost scares me.

"I don't understand how you don't feel it. The connection we have, the sparks and tingles.." he trails off while rubbing his fingers gently down my arms and goosebumps betray me as I feel exactly what he described to me. I guess he feels it to? He continues, "Whether you want to admit it or not, we are meant to be together. I know it. Even if you don't. You are totally and completely mine and I am sorry if I am a little protective of you." He finishes.

No buddy more like obsessed I think to myself.

"No matter how I am feeling, it gives you no right to speak about me like I am some type of object. I am not yours or anyone else's. I am my own person and I demand to be respected. I was handling that guy before you intervened. I appreciate you wanted to help but you went about it all wrong." I reply.

"You have no clue what he was thinking. The vile things he wanted to do to you. I wish I could go back and kill him." He seethes.

Geez. Psycho much? I mean he's supposed to be a cop. How can you be a cop and a murderer? And how does he know what he was thinking? What is he a mind-reader now? Ugh I am done with this conversation.

"Are you listening to yourself right now? You sound like a psycho. You are supposed to uphold the laws and you are talking about murdering someone? And how do you know what he was thinking? Are you a psychic now too?" I state with annoyance and anger.

"Just forget it. I am done with this conversation. Forget what I said. I was angry. I am going home now. Have a good night." He says as he storms off, gets back into his car and drives away quickly. I wave at Lance and Raven before the car is out of sight.

What in the hell? Just so weird. I turn around annoyed and walk back into my grandparents house. My grandparents are sitting on the couch and they ask how things went tonight and I tell them not to ask. I run upstairs and I quickly strip my clothes off and lay in my bed. This wasn't how tonight was supposed to go. We were supposed to have fun and maybe even have another make out session when he brought me home but no. He had to be a dick. I was really starting to fall for him too. Some tears trickle down my face as I let my own exhaustion and the alcohol I drank earlier consume me and I drift off to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 372 17
"Darling." He smirked and eyed my lips. "Promises can be broken." "I don't break promises," I aimed to assure. "I know because I know you." He stretc...
3.2M 22.9K 5
Excerpt only: I quickly run in their direction as my claws elongate into fierce points. I watch as a man in all black strikes down and kills one of...
2.8M 83.3K 35
Best ratings: #1 in #ya, #sexscenes and #mates, #4 in #romance - - - - - PLOT: LILA KING is somewhat notorious in her old wolfpack - as a child she l...
6.7M 219K 64
MATURE BOOK! MEANING MATURE THEMES, TOPICS SUCH AS SA, S*ICIDE, ETC... If ur definition of mature was just smut this book doesn't have it-BUT BEFORE...