HISTORY, james sirius potter

By aurorasandsadprosee

history repeats itself. james sirius potter x fem!oc harry potter next generation cover: "the lovers" by asea... More

HISTORY.
author's note.
recommendations.
prologue.
─ un
─ deux
─ trois
─ quatre
─ cinq
─ six
─ sept
─ huit
─ neuf
─ dix
─ onze
─ douze
─ treize
─ quatorze
─ quinze
─ seize
─ dix sept
─ dix huit
─ dix neuf
─ vingt
─ vingt et un
─ vingt deux
─ vingt trois
─ vingt quatre
─ vingt cinq
─ vingt six
─ vingt sept
─ vingt huit
─ vingt neuf
─ trente
─ trente et un
─ trente deux
─ trente trois
─ trente quatre
─ trente cinq
NEWS! NEWS! NEWS!

epilogue.

15.2K 554 1.1K
By aurorasandsadprosee

 EPILOGUE

the time after!

"LOUIS ROSIER has caught the snitch! England wins the 2027 Quidditch World Cup!" the announcer yelled into the microphone. "This is a historic win as England has not won the Quidditch World Cup in 140 years!"

Lily Edwards, Henry and Will Stints-Anderson, Ryan Allen-Chang, Ruby and Charlie Oswold, Estelle Nguyen, Ben Thomas, Dean Thomas, Olivia Thomas, Seamus Finnegan, Lysander Scamander, Lily Luna Potter, Lorcan Scamander, Fred Weasley II, Albus Severus Potter, Scorpius Malfoy, Teddy, Victoire and Remus Lupin II and the rest of the Potter-Weasley clan immediately erupted into cheering. 

James Sirius Potter pumped his fist into the air as he flew over to the goal posts and high-fived Nyah Thomas. They both did a victory lap as red and white fireworks went off. The crowd cheered as the whole team gathered in the middle of the pitch's grass to celebrate.

Nyah jumped into James's arms as the rest of the team celebrated and he spun her around. They both were hysterically laughing as they soaked in the pride and energy from the crowds. The camera followed them as they embraced and stayed on James as he waved to the crowd, making them go wild.

James looked up, once Nyah was safely on the ground and tackling Louis into a hug, the only thing he could see were the bright, white flashing lights. The photographs, videos and stadium lights bombarded his vision. However, if he looked up, he could see the red and white fireworks marking his victory and one star — the Northern star, or rather, the Sirius star. The brightest star in the sky. 

He smiled and thought of those who came before him. Because they weren't just the people he'd learned about in history books, they were his family. They were the blood that ran through his veins. They were his name. His title. Because he was nothing if not his past. 

The only thing he could hear were the deafening screams and shouts and the blood pumping in his ears from a well fought match. 

The only things he could feel were how badly his hands hurt, the sweat that made his hair stick to his forehead, the hands clapping his shoulder and ruffling his hair in congratulations and the small, velvet bag that he'd kept on his person everyday for seven months. 

He had to go to her. Because what was the point of climbing to the top of the mountain if you didn't have someone to pitch a tent and enjoy the view with?

He smiled effortlessly and bid farewell to his teammates as he found Nyah.

"Let's go up!" he exclaimed as he gestured towards the Minister's Box which held their family. 

"Alright," she yelled back as she grabbed his hand and they bounded like children to the cheering box.

They went around the back, so they wouldn't be stopped by fans along the way. Running past concession stand employees and tournament coordinators, they finally made it to the stairwell up. This, however, caused them to be exposed, and the people sitting in the surrounding seats went into a frenzy as, other than Louis, the two most popular players on the team were somehow right next to them. 

They made a mad dash for the box door, in order to avoid being held up and quickly entered. Everyone turned to face them and immediately erupted into congratulations. Nyah ran forward and kissed Ryan with everything in her, before turning to Ben, her mum and dads. 

James was tackled by Lily Luna, Teddy and Albus as soon as he entered, the four siblings cracking inside jokes and ruffling his hair. They pulled away and he faced his parents.

"Congratulations, James," Harry said as he brought his son into a hug. "I'm really proud of you."

"Thanks dad," James breathed out as he tightened the hug.

They pulled away and smiled at each other before he faced his mother.

"I still have more national championships than you," she said with a smug smile. "But having my son being an international champion will surely get our American recruit Karen to shut up about her son's regional prospects."

"Glad I could help, mum," James said with a laugh as he brought her in for a hug.

"Proud of you, sweetheart," she whispered into the hug.

"Thanks, mum," he whispered. 

"Congratulations Uncle Jamie!" little Remus Lupin exclaimed as he toddled over.

"Thank you very much," James said with a grin as he scooped him up into a hug.

"Auntie Lily said you were going to win," Remus said excitedly as she came into view. 

"Did she now?" James asked as he looked up at Lily with dazzling eyes, who had come behind Remus.

"I only said so because Ny's on the team," she teased as she rolled her eyes.

"You hurt me too much, Edwards," he gasped in offense. "I really thought you'd have more faith in me!"

"Oh come on James!" Nyah exclaimed. "If I hadn't stopped you from trying to make that goal in the second hour, we would've lost!"

"Only because I would've gotten hurt," James retorted smugly.

"Yeah, but you didn't, because I had to practically body slam you out of the way!" Nyah exclaimed.

"You were superb, Nyah," Ginny said as everyone turned towards Nyah, congratulating her on her job well done.

James looked up at everyone moving away, felt the bag in his pocket and quickly grabbed Lily's hand ( as she was going over to shower her favorite Team England player with praise ).

She turned around with a confused look on her face as James had a distracted look in his eyes. He held her hand, but didn't speak, only looking at her as he swallowed thickly. He would take trying to dodge one of the American bludgers a thousand times over the fear he felt right then.

"I-" he started as he swallowed again.

"Are you alright?" Lily asked softly. "You just played a big match, you should sit down."

She guided him over to a couple of the chairs and sat across from him, trying to gauge why he looked so nervous after he'd just won

She placed a hand on his knee and he looked up to see a soft smile on her face and kind eyes. He was sent back to the train ride to Hogwarts before their seventh year after he saw her smile for the first time for him. Her eyes still crinkled the same way and it was still kind and gentle and made him melt. 

His lips parted slightly as he stood up against, taking Lily's hand and leading her up. She was concerned, but followed his movements as he brought her into a firm hug. He kissed her hair and smelled the lavender shampoo that she still used. He felt how her hands clutched his jumper as she held him. 

He pulled away slightly and smiled, her still in his arms. He reached down towards a secure pocket on his uniform and pulled out the small velvet pouch. Her stomach was churning, she knew what was coming, but was still anxious to see what it was. 

A ring fell out and onto his palm. It was gold and had small diamonds set into it, nothing too flashy. However, on the inside of the band, there was a small stag and doe chasing each other around the band. 

"I- uh- I've made it to the top of the mountain, so to speak," James said quietly after he cleared his throat. "And I'd kind of like to share it with you. Build a house up there, grow old ... if that's alright?"

"Are you asking me to marry you, James?" Lily whispered as she stared into his eyes.

"I'm asking you to marry me," he said a little louder with a wide grin.

"I — " she started to say.

"One more thing," he said as he shook the bag a little more. 

Another ring fell out and into his palm. Lily would recognize that ring anywhere. She'd seen it in the photos on the mantel at the Edwards' house that described the early years of Gael and Pierre.

"James," Lily whispered as she teared up.

"These rings brought luck to their previous owners," he said quietly. "Your parents have been married for 27 years ... and ... well ... even though Lily and James ... you know ... they loved each other until their last breath."

Lily set her head on his chest as she tried not to sob.

"And your parents said it was alright if we got married," he said. "Not that they needed to say so, but I know how much you love each other." 

"I love you," she whispered. "More than the stars and the sun and the moon and every other glimmer of hope in the sky." 

She sniffed and stood back up straight. She composed herself and held out her left hand as he slipped the ring on her finger. He pressed her father's ring into her palm as she stared it. She slipped that ring onto his ring finger. 

Perhaps it was best that no one noticed. That Nyah had played so well and gotten the praise she deserved. Because that moment was just for Lily and James

He tugged her waist and brought her in for a sweet kiss as she placed a hand on his cheek and the other on his arm. 

"How about we tell everyone, fiancée?" James suggested as a smile grew on his face.

"Ok," she replied as they turned to face everyone. "Or we could wait to see how long it takes for everyone to notice."

"You know me so well," James replied with a grin as he laced their fingers together, brought her hand to his mouth and kissed the back of it. 

They rejoined the group, celebrating in Nyah's victory ( as well as James's, but winning the match didn't matter to him as much anymore ) and smiled as they shared their little secret. 

Nyah jumped into Lily's arms as they spun and screamed excitedly, as sisters do. They pulled away as Lily faced the family. Nyah took Lily's hand in her own and froze when she felt something cool.

"Didn't know you got-" she commented as she looked down at Lily's hand. "Oh my god." 

"Just felt like adding to the collection," Lily dismissed as she grinned widely.

"What is it?" Rose asked, confused.

"How long?" Nyah roared. "How long have you not told us."

"James?" Lily asked.

"Approximately 13 minutes, give or take," James said with a shrug.

"I'm so confused," Victoire said as she looked between the three of them.

"What's going on?" Lily Luna asked from their place in Lysander's arms. 

"Oh my god!" Nyah exclaimed. "You're engaged!"

The entire box erupted into shouts and congratulations.

"James Sirius Potter!" Ginny yelled. "How dare you propose to her and not tell us!"

"Mum, I asked dad for the ring!" James exclaimed.

"Harry James Potter," Ginny growled as she turned towards her husband.

"Surprise?" Harry said meekly with a guilty smile. 

"Mum, please don't kill him," Albus said quietly. "He needs to be in the wedding at least!" 

Harry shuffled over to his son's side and hesitantly placed a hand on his shoulder. Al gave him a weird look and moved to the side a little bit. 

"Come back, young man," Harry protested.

"You are in no position to give me orders," Albus retorted. 

Lily had tears in her eyes from restraining her laughter. Full disclosure? She couldn't wait to be a Potter. 

"We're going to go, so we have less to say to the aurors when they come and question you over the murder of dad," James said to his mother as he took Lily's shoulders and guided her out of the box. 

"Good idea James," Harry said. "The less you know, the less you can say under veritaserum and then the less you can be charged with accessory to murder."

"Your lack of judgement appalls me, Harry," Hermione quipped as she crossed her arms over her chest. 

Lily was cackling as James led her out of the box. He giddily grabbed her hand and took her to where the players had been staying.

"So, wedding planning," Lily said with an innocent smile as they walked over.

"Merlin," James groaned. "I forgot. You're going to obsess over it, aren't you?"

"A good wedding is a good wedding, James," Lily shot back. "So, we could have it in the manor in France."

"That actually sounds really wicked," James said with a laugh. "We could do it in those lavender fields."

"Or in the woods," Lily suggested.

"Or both," James said with a grin. "My best man is obviously going to be Nyah."

"As hot as she'd look in that suit, she's going to be my maid of honor, so lay off," Lily shot back.

"What?" James asked. "I only trust her with my bachelor party."

"What about Fred?" Lily asked.

"Fred will understand," James huffed.

"Nyah's going to be my maid of honor," Lily repeated.

"Nope," James replied childishly. "I'll fight you."

"James Sirius 'the bottom' Potter is really going to fight me?" Lily scoffed with an amused smile and a raised eyebrow.

James's ears and neck went red as he smiled sheepishly. 

"You don't last long normally," she said quietly as she pulled him in by the belt. "So just imagine how much faster you'd go if I had a wand."

"Want to test it out?" James asked with a smirk.

"Nyah's my maid of honor," Lily said as she didn't tear her eyes away.

"Nyah's your maid of honor," James repeated as Lily pulled away victoriously and regained her sunny disposition just as quickly as it had felt. 

"And Fred'll be your best man," Lily said as she twirled down the pathway. "And Ruby and Estelle and Lily Luna and Josie and Victoire and Rose'll be my bridesmaids."

"And Teddy, Al, Lorcan, Lysander, Ben and Henry'll be my groomsmen," James replied.

"And darling little Remus can be the ring bearer!" Lily suggested excitedly. "And we could have peonies and we could take some home with us and we could finally move into the house in Godric's Hollow."

"I thought you liked London?" James asked.

"I do, but there was just something about Godric's Hollow," Lily replied. "And besides, since Harry renovated the former Potter manor and moved in, I think that they might need a new set of Potters." 

James's heart swelled at the thought of The Potters. James and Lily Potter. Lily and James Potter. He thought the former sounded better in the way he would doodle it in pink hearts on the sides of his former Herbology textbooks. 

"And we could have two kids," James suggested. "Are you ok with two still?"

"Yeah I'm alright with two," she replied with a smile. "And they'll be whoever they want to be."

"To fuck with 'gender reveals'!" James exclaimed.

"And we can name them like the family does," she said. "Minerva Gael Potter."

"And Harry Pierre Potter," James suggested. "My mum said she'd rather die than have a child named after her so soon."

"And we'll just name the kid Harry to freak out your dad," Lily replied. "The child can always change it later if they'd like to." 

"Of course!" James exclaimed.

"And they'll go to Hogwarts," Lily said dreamily. "Where half the population will be Weasleys. Merlin, us muggleborns will have to carry on the lineage of the Wizarding World.

"Honestly," James snorted.

"James! Lily!" someone called, they both looked up to see Louis Rosier. 

"Hi Louis!" Lily said with a wave. "Congratulations!"

"Thanks," he said as they hugged each other quickly.

His eyes drifted down and a smile found itself on his face.

"I do believe a congratulations is in order?" he asked with excited eyes. "I better be invited to the wedding."

"Of course," Lily said kindly.

Louis was called over by a reporter and he dashed away after waving goodbye. Lily and James continued, hand in hand, down to the tents.

"What do you think they'll be like?" James asked out of the blue.

"I don't know, but I can't wait to find out," Lily replied as he squeezed her hand.

One Year Later

James stood next to Fred as the children ran around the chairs and the flowers danced in the wind. He breathed in the summer breeze as his curls flew every which way. Fred looked over at him with a smile as James only looked forward.

It was so strange because he'd been to weddings before, hell, he'd been Teddy's best man. But everything looks different when you're the one standing at the altar, waiting for the love of your life to walk towards you, her radiance almost blinding you. Key word almost.

He could feel that they were about to start as Rose slipped out and whispered something to Hermione. He could see it all before him, everyone starting to sit down and the babbling babies being pacified for the time being. 

Pierre and Gael quietly conversed at the beginning of the aisle, fidgeting with each other's lapels and making sure everyone was in their correct outfits.

James's eyes flicked over momentarily to the front row. Harry sat alone, waiting to be joined by Ginny, Gael and Pierre after their roles were completed. And the five empty chairs next to him. They each had a white lily placed on them, so innocent and pure, yet with so much weight. 

Inside the house, Lily was shaking, yet calm. 

"They can go," she said quietly to the bridesmaids.

Nyah gave her a wary look, but nodded nonetheless. She was the first to leave, her sage green dress flowing out with the breeze as the rest of the bridal party followed her.

Lily felt the back of her dress shift and looked down to meet Ginny's eyes, the last person left. 

"Thank you," she said quietly. "For helping me get ready."

"Of course sweetheart," Ginny cooed as she held Lily's face in her hand. "Any time you're ready."

"Did you feel this nervous?" Lily asked as she looked desperately at the older woman.

"Of course I did," Ginny replied quietly. "But why do you feel nervous? Because there's a stark difference."

"I don't want to mess it up," Lily admitted. "Not just the wedding, but the whole thing." 

"You won't," Ginny replied. "Because you love each other and people can feel it. It radiates off the both of you like sunshine." 

Lily nodded timidly as she looked down at her shoes.

"I'm going to sit next to Harry unless if you'd like me to stay," Ginny said gently as she placed a hand on Lily's shoulder. 

"No, no," Lily replied. "It's alright. Go to him."

"Ok sweetheart," Ginny said as she quickly slipped out of the house. 

Lily took in a shaky breath and looked up. Her eyes were focused on the door in front of her as she stared at it. 

The early summer sun refracted through the dull glass, hiding a view of the outside aside from the light that permeated all around. The sun touched her dress and kissed her arms, heating up her skin and reminded her of the days that her and James had spent in lavender fields, breathing in the air and living. 

She looked up, determined, and looked back one more time at the inside of the house, one that she'd considered to be her childhood. She stepped out and walked, alone, to the ceremony. Down the path through the lavender that had been cleared as the bluebirds sung above her and the incandescent glow of the sun lit up the earth. 

She could hear the low murmuring coming from everyone. It became louder as she walked closer. She could see small flowers, ever so often, being thrown from the small hands of little Remus Lupin. 

Her pace slowed as she reached the floral archway. She quietly reached her parents, who turned around in surprise at their daughter.

"Cherie," Pierre breathed out.

"You're all grown up, little one," Gael said as he teared up.

"I love you both," she said quietly. 

She then looked up and they locked eyes. The pit in her stomach dissolved as she saw him and the land meet the sea in a swirl of stardust and dreams. And suddenly, Lily and James Potter were no longer the stuff of memory. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

355K 12.7K 51
we'll be fine we'll be alright sirius black x fem!oc marauder's era cover: "the lovers" from the rider-waite tarot deck
Online By 🍄

Fanfiction

413K 6.4K 185
I know this has been done 1 million and 1 times before, but I love these books. ~Harry Potter Next Generation Instagram. There will be spelling mist...
189K 6.9K 40
[EDITING] clandestine meetings and longing stares... ( james potter x fem! oc / fabian prewett x fem! oc ) ( marauders era ) ( started: 07/03/22 - f...
192K 7.8K 60
the thought of you kills me, and yet i will die before i think of anything else. [ james potter x fem!oc ] [ ex-lovers to enemies to lovers ]