Shelby Winchester's Backstory...

By Ziehmer28

What if Dean and Sam had a sister? When Dean, Sam, and there little sister Shelby were kids Shelby was taking... More

Pilot Pt. 1
Pilot Pt. 2
Sister Pt. 1
Sister Pt. 2
Family Ghost Pt. 1
Family Ghost Pt. 2
Sammy! Pt. 1
Sammy Pt. 2
Sammy! Pt. 3
Sammy Pt. 4
Wendigo Pt. 1
Wendigo Pt. 2
Wendigo Pt. 3
Dead In The Water Pt. 1
Dead In The Water Pt. 2
Dead In The Water Pt. 3
Phantom Traveler Pt. 1
Phantom Traveler Pt. 2
phantom traveler Pt. 3
Bloody Mary Pt. 1
Bloody Mary Pt. 2
Bloody Mary Pt. 3
Skin Pt. 1
Skin Pt. 2
Skin Pt. 3
Hook Man Pt. 1
Hook Man Pt. 2
Hook Man Pt. 3
Bugs Pt. 1
Bugs Pt. 2
Home Pt. 1
Home Pt. 2
Home Pt. 3
Asylum Pt. 2
Aslum Pt. 3
Scarcrow Pt.1
Scarecrow Pt. 2
Scarecrow Pt. 3
Faith Pt.1
Faith Pt. 2
Faith Pt. 3
Rout 666 Pt. 1
Route 666 Pt. 2
Route 666 Pt. 3
Nightmare Pt. 1
Nightmare Pt. 2
Nightmare Pt. 3
The Benders Pt. 1
The Benders Pt. 2
The Benders Pt. 3
Shadow Pt. 1
Shadow Pt. 2
Shadow Pt. 3
Hell House Pt. 1
Hell House Pt. 2
Hell House Pt. 3
Something Wicked Pt. 1
Something Wicked Pt. 2
Something Wicked Pt. 3
Dead Man's Blood Pt. 1
Dead Man's Blood Pt. 2
Dead Man's Blood Pt. 3
The Truth and The Consequences Pt. 1
The Lie and The Consequences Pt. 2
Salvation Pt. 1
Salvation Pt. 2
Devil's Trap Pt. 1
Devil's Trap Pt. 2
Devil's Trap Pt. 3
Discontinuing Story.... Sort of?

Asylum Pt. 1

395 12 0
By Ziehmer28

Shelby

Dean is sitting in a chair at the motel in our room while Sam is sitting on the bed talking to someone on the phone. Me, I'm doing what I do best, cleaning my gun. “No, Dad was in California last we heard from him. We just thought he comes to you for munitions maybe you've seen him in the last few weeks. Just, call us if you hear anything, thanks” Sam says before hanging up. “Caleb hasn't heard from him” Dean asked “nope, and neither has Jefferson or Pastor Jim. What about the journal, anything leads in there” Sam asked?

“No, same as last time I looked. Nothing I can make out; I love the guy, but I swear, he writes like frigging Yoda” Dean said and I smiled. “You know, maybe we should call the Feds. File a missing person’s” Sam said. “We've talked about this” I said and Sam looked at me “Dad'd be pissed if we put the Feds on his tail” I said. “I don't care anymore” Sam says and Dean's cellphone rings, making Dean stand up and look for it. “After all that happened back in Kansas, I mean he should've been there. You said so yourself. You tried to call him and nothing” Sam said.

“I know” Dean said and rummages through his duffel “where the hell is my cellphone” he says. “You know, he could be dead for all we know” Sam said, making Dean and I look at him. “Don't say that” Dean says “he's not dead! He's, he's” Dean starts but can't finish it “he's what, he's hiding, he's busy”? “Dean” I say and he looks at me as I point to his jacket and he walks over to it, finding his cellphone in the pocket of it. He flips open the phone and looks at it.

“Huh, I don't believe it” Dean says with a smile “what” Sam asks as I look up at him. “It's, it's a text message, it's coordinates” Dean said and I quickly get out of bed “dad” I ask as Dean starts to type on the laptop. “Maybe, he's given us coordinates before” Dean said “the man can barely work a toaster, Dean” Sam said as he stands and Dean sits at the table on the laptop. “Sam, it's good news, it means he's okay, or alive at least” Dean said.

“Well, was there a number on the caller ID” Sam asked “nah, it said 'unknown'” Dean said. “Where do the coordinates point” I ask “that's the interesting part. Rockford, Illinois” Dean says and Sam and I look at him confused “okay, and that's interesting how” Sam asked? “I checked the local Rockford paper, take a look at this” Dean says and moves the laptop for Sam and I.

“This cop, Walter Kelly, comes home from his shift, shoots his wife, then puts the gun in his mouth, blows his brains out. And earlier that night, Kelly and his partner responded to a call at the Roosevelt Asylum” Dean says. “Okay, I'm not following, what has this have to do with us” Sam asked? “Wait, did dad mark the same asylum in his journal” I ask and Dean nods as he takes the journal to look at it. “Yup, here” he says and shows us the page. “Seven unconfirmed sightings, two deaths, till last week at least. I think this is where he wants us to go” Dean said and I nod, already starting to pack.

Sam snorts “this is a job, Dad wants us to work a job” Sam says “well, maybe we'll meet up with him? Maybe he's there” Dean said “maybe he's not? I mean, he could be sending us there, by ourselves, to hunt this thing” Sam said. “Sam, you act like we've never hunted things before” I said “and besides who cares! If he wants us there, it's good enough for me” Dean says kind of mad. “This doesn't strike you as weird, the texting, the coordinates” Sam asked?

“Sam, Dad's telling us to go somewhere, we're going” Dean says and starts to pack as Sam sighs and makes a bitch face. After packing we get in the car and drive off, heading to a bar. A cop sits at a bar and Dean walks over to him as I stand next to Sam, away from the cop but able to see and hear them. “You're Daniel Gunderson, you're a cop, right” Dean asks? “Yeah” Gunderson says “I'm uh, Nigel Tufnel, The Chicago Tribune. Mind if I ask you a couple of questions, about your partner” Dean asks? “Yeah, I do, I'm just trying to have a beer here” Gunderson says.

“That's okay, I swear it won't take that long. I just want to get the story in your words” Dean said. “A week ago, my partner was sitting in that chair, now he's dead, you gonna ambush me here” he asks Dean. “Sorry but I need to know what happened” Dean says and I nudge Sam to cut in. Sam pushed Dean aside roughly “hey buddy, why don't you leave the poor guy alone! The man's an officer! Why dontcha show a little respect” Sam says. Dean pauses, staring, then walks off and over to me as we head back to the car.

Sam walks out of the bar and heads over to the car were Dean and I are leaning against the car. “Shoved me kinda hard in there, buddy boy” Dean said “I had to sell it, didn't I, it's method acting” Sam says. “Huh” Dean asks “never mind” Sam says and goes to the other side of the car. “What'd you find out from Gunderson” I asked “so, Walter Kelly was a good cop. Head of his class, even-keeled, he had a bright future ahead of him” Sam said.

“What about at home” Dean asked “he and his wife had a few fights, like everybody, but he was mostly smooth sailing. They were even talking about having kids” Sam said “alright, so either Kelly had some deep-seated crazy waiting to bust out, or” Dean starts “something else did it to him” I said looking at Dean then Sam “right” Sam said “what'd Gunderson tell you about the asylum” Dean asked “a lot” Sam said. We got in the car and make it to the asylum by morning. We reach a tall chain fenced and start to climb over it “and this is why I'm happy I'm not a girl who likes skirts” I say as I jump over.

We enter the asylum and walk in. It's old and everything is covered in dust “so apparently the cops chased the kids here, into the south wing” Sam says and indicates a sign over one door. “South wing, huh, wait a second” Dean says and flips through John's journal. “1972, three kids broke into the south wing, only one survived. Way he tells it, one of his friends went nuts and started lighting up the place” Dean said. “So whatever's going on, the south wing is the heart of it” I say.

“But if the kids are spelunking the asylum, why aren't there a ton more deaths” Dean asked? Sam looks around and see's a broken chain “looks like the doors are usually chained. Could've been chained up for years” Sam said “yeah, to keep people out” Dean says “or, our favorite, to keep something in” I say. Sam slowly pushes the door open. We walk down a hallway “let me know if you see any dead people, Haley Joel” Dean says to Sam.

“Dude, enough” Sam says “I'm serous, you gotta be careful, all right? Ghosts are attracted to that whole ESP thing you got going on” Dean says and I hit Dean's arm. “I told you, it's not ESP! I just have strange vibes sometimes, weird dreams” Sam said “so an ESP” I said and Sam glares at me. “You get any reading on that thing or not” Sam asks Dean as he looks at the ESP meter. “Nope, of course, it doesn't mean no one's home” Dean says. “Spirits can't appear during certain hours of the day” Sam says “and like us, the freaks come out at night” I say.

“Hey Sam, who do you think is the hotter psychic: Patricia Arquette, Jennifer Love Hewitt, or you” Dean asks and Sam pushes Dean who laughs and so do I. We enter another room and start to look around. “Man, electro-shock, lobotomies. They did some twisted stuff to these people. Kinda like my man Jack in Cuckoo's Nest” Dean says and makes crazy eyes and grins at Sam who ignores him and Dean's smile drops. We look around some more.

“So, whaddaya think, ghosts possessing people” Dean asked “maybe, or maybe it's more like Amityville, or the Smurl hunting” Sam said. “Spirits driving them insane. Kinda like my man Jack in The Shining” Dean grins and I roll my eyes at him. “Dean” Sam says and Dean looks at him. “When are we going to talk about it” Sam asked “talk about what” Dean asked? I knew what was coming so I staid quiet. “About the fact Dad's not here” Sam said “oh, I see, how about, never” Dean says “I'm being serious, man. He sent us here” Sam said.

“So am I, Sam. Look, he sent us here, he obviously wants us here. We'll pick up the search later” Dean said “it doesn't matter what he wants” Sam says “see, that attitude, right there? That is why I always get the extra cookie” Dean says “Dad could be in trouble, we should be looking for him. We deserve some answers, Dean. I mean, this is our family we're talking about” Sam says. “I understand that, Sam, but he's given us an order” Dean said.

“So what, we gotta always follow Dad's orders” Sam asked “of course we do” Dean said. “Yeah and what if dad gave you an order not to help Shelby when she was a ghost” Sam said, making me look at him. “Would you have help, our sister, or not” Sam asked and Dean give a frustrated face as does Sam. Dean turns away, ending the conversation as I just sigh.

Dean starts to poke around and picking up a sign “Sanford Ellicott” Dean reads “you know what we gotta do. We gotta find out more about the south wing. See if something happened here. Not argue about dad right now” I say and walk away. Sam goes to talk to the doctor who's dad worked at the Asylum before. Dean and I are leaning against a glass window next to the door. Sam walks past us and Dean and I look at each other before catching up with Sam and matching his pace.

“Dude, you were in there forever, what the hell were you talking about” Dean asks? “Just the hospital, you know” Sam says “and” I ask expecting more “and the south wing? It's where the housed the really hard cases. The psychotics, the criminally insane” Sam said. “Sounds cozy” Dean jokes “yeah, and one night in '64, they rioted. Attacked staff, attacked each other” Sam says. “So the patients took over the asylum” I asked “apparently” Sam says as we walk to the car.

“Any deaths” I asked “some patients, some staff. I guess it was pretty gory. Some of the bodies were never even recovered, including our chief of staff, Ellicott” Sam says and we stop “whaddaya mean, never recovered” Dean asked? “Cops scoured every inch of the place but I guess the patients must've stuffed the bodies somewhere hidden” Sam said. “That's grim” “yeah, so, they transfered all the remaining patients and closed the hospital down” Sam said. “So, to sum it up, we've got a bunch of violent deaths and a bunch of unrecovered bodies” Dean said.

“And a bunch of angry spirits” I add “good times. Let's check out the hospital tonight” Dean says and we get in car and drive off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 91 30
Several days Sam and Dean have spent on this one case. Too many unexplained answers. What happens when this case leads to a case of family, forgotten...
9.4K 273 26
๊œฑแดœแด˜แด‡ส€ษดแด€แด›แดœส€แด€สŸ: ๊œฑแด‡แด€๊œฑแดษด๊œฑ 1-5 ๐‘จ๐‘ต๐‘ฎ๐‘ฌ๐‘ณ ๐‘ฌ๐’€๐‘ฌ๐‘บ ๐—” ๐—ฉ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜€๐—ฎ ๐—ช๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ฆ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€ i do not own Supernatural, any of the characters or their...
159 0 12
What if the hunters...become the hunted? Sam and Dean Winchester have been hunting for years, from demons to ghosts to ghouls, you name it. Within th...
1K 83 16
"Ok, now you've been properly screwed. And here I thought you would be a challenge," Nicole said with a click of her tongue. "Pity." "Double or nothi...