Sleepy Buddies

By Irellafish

The Sleepy Boys are known throughout the city of L'Manburg for their crimes. Each has a skillset that varies... More

Chapter 1- We Caught Them
Chapter 2- Escape Artists
Chapter 3- A New Recruit?
Chapter 4- A New Home
Chapter 5- A Little Bit of Fun
Chapter 6- Manhunt
Chapter 7- DreamWasTaken (by the Sleepy Boys)
Chapter 9- The Bi King
Chapter 10- A Marketplace Mishap
Chapter 11- That Old Cloak
Chapter 12- A King, a Pirate, and a Family
Chapter 13- Nightmare's Debut
Chapter 14- ✨A cHiLd✨ (NO)
Chapter 15- Ice Cream and Death
Chapter 16- Eret's Downfall
Chapter 17- Second in Command
Chapter 18- Night of Normalcy
Chapter 19- An Easy Choice
Chapter 20- Calm Before the Storm
IMPORTANT!! PLEASE READ SUPER QUICK!!
Chapter 21- Screw the Weather
Chapter 22- The Two Impostors
Chapter 23-
Bonus Scenes

Chapter 8- One Final Visit

2.9K 117 218
By Irellafish

Dream leaped to the roof of a banking hub.  His new gloves, courtesy of Wilbur, gripped the roof and kept him from pitching forward.  Paired with the all black outfit and his usual mask, Dream felt like a wraith.  Wilbur dropped beside him, huffing a little.

"How the hell are we supposed to keep up with you?"

"Get good," Dream responded absentmindedly, his eyes locked on the apartment building across the street.  George and his apartment was on the third floor.  Dream knew he could get in via the window to their room, it was never locked.  He would get his stuff into a bag and get out before anyone knew he was there.  He wasn't in the mood to confront George, especially if Wilbur was going to be there.  He may look like Nightmare but the awkwardness might give him away.

"I would say teach us how to get good, but I am obviously the best one here," Techno stated,  stepping out of the shadows.  His signature red cloak billowed out behind him in the wind, his long braid whipping around.  However, underneath the cape he wore all black.  There was none of the royal garb on tonight.

"Mhm," Dream hummed, not taking his eyes off of his old home.  This was it, the final straw.  He was disappearing with the Sleepy Boys for good, no turning back.

"I'll be right outside if you need any help," Wilbur whispered.  Dream made to smile at him but remembered the mask.  Instead he nodded and stood straight up.  He jumped to the adjacent rooftop, then onto the fire escape, going through the motions he had practicing since high school.  Landing lightly, he shoved the window open just like he did only a week ago.  He slipped into his room, quiet as a shadow, and immediately began to pack.  He refused to let himself dwell on memories, only shoved clothes into his bag.  Phil promised they'd buy anything he couldn't fit.

When he had finished, Dream couldn't help one final glance around the room.  Random pictures and knick-knacks  littered the room, making Dream smile sadly.  He was about to head out when he heard voices.  Two.  He froze for a few moments, then snuck closer to the door.  He pressed his ear against it and listened.

"-miss him."

"You were going to break up with him anyway, what's the big deal?"

There was a loud bang, like someone had hit the table.  Dream would know, he was a competitive card player and would bang the table whenever something unwelcome or surprising would happen.

"The big deal is that he's been kidnapped Sapnap.  I never had anything against him, we just, weren't meant for each other.  And now he's gone and I don't know what I'm going to do."

Dream's heart shuddered at George's horrified, hopeless voice, then his brain processed what he had said.  He gulped a little, his heart stinging.  He never even considered breaking up with George until he had met Wilbur, but the way he said it made it sound like he had his mind made up for a while.  It shouldn't have hurt as much as it did.

"George," Sapnap responded in a gentle tone, "there's nothing we can do for him anymore.  You need to forget him.  I'll try my hardest to find him, but we have no clue where the Sleepy Boys operate from.  It would be better to let him go."

"You're right," George said after a few moments of silence.  "What would I do without you Sapnap?"

"Have less fun, that's for sure," the man said in a flirtatious tone.  There was a few seconds of silence broken only by George giggled breathlessly.

"Oh come on, not here!  The windows are open, people might see."

The door jiggled and Dream realized what was happening a moment before it happened.  The two men stumbled through, locked in a tight embrace as Dream stumbled backwards and onto the bed.  They broke apart, staring wide-eyed at Dream.  He gulped, this wasn't good.

"Nightmare?"

Dream stood from the bed and scooped up his bag.  George looked at it, then the askew drawers, and finally the open window.  Sapnap swore loudly.

"You do have Dream, don't you?"

At that moment, Wilbur swung himself into the room, his eyes alight with murderous intents.  George and Sapnap shrank away, holding tightly to one another.  Dream's heart cracked even further.  This was not how he wanted this night to go.  He couldn't help but look at Sapnap and George's intertwined hands, his stomach boiling.

"Which one of you is George," Wilbur said in a cold, low voice.  George shakily rose his hand, his eyes darting between the two intruders.  "As in the George who's dating Dream?"

George nodded, swallowing.  Sapnap stepped forward, shielding George with his body.

"Not anymore."

"I must have been misinformed then.  How long have you two been together?"

"A few months, what's it to you?"

"Again, I was misinformed.  I was under the impression George and Dream were still dating."

"Well, Dream's delusional if the thinks that.  He was never good about getting over his ex's," Sapnap snapped wildly.  George was cowering behind him, wiping his eyes.

"Perfect.  That means he's fair game for me now, thank you.  I was told he had a boyfriend, so I made no advances."

"You better not hurt him," George snarled, pushing in front of Sapnap.  His white sunglasses nearly fell off his head and he reached a hand up to steady them.

"I wouldn't dream of it.  He's not your boyfriend though so I don't see why it matters to you anyway."  He smirked, making George and Sapnap wince.  "Come on Nightmare, we have meetings to attend to."

Wilbur leaped out the window and Dream followed right on his tail.  As soon as they were back up on the rooftops, Dream dropped to his knees.  He tore his mask from his face and buried himself into his sleeves, losing whatever shard of self control he had been holding onto.  Wilbur sank to the ground with him, pulling him close.  Dream sobbed softly, his entire body shaking.  He couldn't believe George, or himself, or anything.  It had been for MONTHS!

There was a rustling of feathers and a thump.  Dream felt Wilbur pick his head up but he remained where he was.

"What happened," Phil asked incredulously.  Dream cried louder, wrapping his arms around his chest.  Everything in him was sinking, deeper and deeper.  It was caving on a rooftop of his old home.  Wilbur explained what happened and through the tears Dream saw Phil's face go darker than the night surrounding them.  He picked Dream up like a small child, cradling him to his chest.  Dream choked out a gasp but was too done to care.  He liked feeling cared for, but he missed George's hugs.  They smelled like tea and citrus.

"Techno and the younger ones already left, feel free to join them."

"I'm not leaving him."

Phil sighed, his wings rustling with agitation.

"I can't carry both of you."

"I could meet you at Eret's," Wilbur suggested hopefully.

Phil sighed, looking down at Dream's weak, defenseless form.  He was still bawling, sniffling and shaking.  The name Eret meant nothing to him, he only wanted to go home and lock himself away forever.  Phil nodded at Wilbur, who promptly took off with Dream's bag.  He spread his wings and launched himself into the sky.  The cold wind was like a slap to the face and Dream gently shifted to turn away from it, sniffling and hiccuping.

"It'll be fine, we're almost there," Phil said softly, starting to descend.  His words were warm and gentle, making Dream cuddle closer to his chest.  Phil landed on something and pushed open a sliding glass door.  Wherever they were was pitch black and silent.  Dream craved it, he wanted to sink into the darkness and silence for the rest of time.  Phil gently set him down on some cushion-like surface and made to walk away.  Dream's hand shot out and grabbed his arm.

"Don't leave me," he whispered.  He felt like a small child again.  There had been a time where he had a horrible nightmare and he had woken up screaming.  His mother had run in and comforted him.  He was on the verge of sleep when she went to leave, but after she was gone he couldn't sleep.  It was the same feeling of terror and loneliness that engulfed him now, only this time it was real.

"I need to go find Eret and tell him we're here.  I don't want to wake up with their knife at my throat.  Wilbur will be here soon, I promise."

Dream shuddered and slowly let go.  He couldn't see Phil's face through the inky darkness, but he could practically hear the comforting smile.  He wrapped his arms back around himself and curled into a tiny ball.  Phil's footsteps faded away and Dream curled up even tighter.

After what felt like an eternity, even though it was probably only a minute or so, the door slid open and a figure outlined in moonlight wearing a beanie raced in.  Dream lifted his head weakly as Wilbur stopped in front of the door, trying to look around.

"Dream?  Phil?"

"Here," Dream said softly.  Wilbur's head snapped over and he hurried over.  He hit a table with his hip and swore angrily but kept going.  He eventually made it to Dream and dropped onto the whatever this was.  He grabbed Dream and pulled him closer.

"How're you doing?"

"Not good," Dream whispered quietly.  Wilbur pulled him closer, making Dream whimper.  "I just don't understand why."

"I know," Wilbur said with a sigh.  "It probably won't make sense for a long time.  It's best to just move past it and focus on other things.  It will hurt," he added at Dream's disbelieving snort, "but not forever.  It'll stop after a while."

"I hope so," Dream said quietly.  Wilbur sighed and laid down with him.  Dream pressed against him, a small sigh escaping his lips.

"Did you know Techno and I were a thing for a week or so?"

"What," Dream said incredulously, shifting a little.  He couldn't imagine Techno in a relationship with anyone, especially Wilbur.  They were pretty opposite- Techno a fierce, loveless, killing machine and Wilbur the flirty, laid-back arsonist.  Wilbur laughed lowly.

"Yep.  I wanted to experiment and Techno was the most convenient option.  I basically taught him how to be a somewhat normal person.  It was more funny than serious though, Techno had no idea what he was doing."

"I can't even imagine Techno in a relationship."

"Yeah, it was barely a relationship.  It was funny though, and it definitely helped me figure out my preferences."

Dream laughed a little, his body relaxing into Wilbur's.  He felt himself slowly start to calm down.

"That was Fundy for me," Dream admitted.  He heard Wilbur choke on air and grimaced.

"Fundy as in Schlatt's right hand man Fundy?"

"Yep.  We were childhood friends, but ended up together for a few years when we were teens."

"Wow, you have connections in high places."

"Not anymore.  We broke up shortly after high school ended.  We had a huge argument, and Fundy cut it off and left in pursuit of power," Dream said.  "We haven't talked since."

"Wow, where did you guys go to school?"

"Manburg.  I don't think I ever saw you, were you a Pogtopia kid?"

"Yep," Wilbur said with a small giggle.  "I don't think I can be with you anymore, Manburg and Pogtopia kids don't mix."

"Oh come on, only Pogtopia people would say that."

"Only a Manburg graduate would be too blind to realize they're keeping the rivalry going."

"In hopes we don't burn down another high school, let's just agree that both were shit," Phil said as a light was flipped on.  Both men shielded their eyes, cringing away from the sudden brightness.  

"You guys can stay as long as you'd like," a new voice said.  It was deep and calming, like a weighted blanket.  Dream looked up in shock to see a tall man in sleep clothes standing next to Phil.  He had tousled brown hair and bright yet sleepy eyes.  He was tall, lanky, and a little imposing.

"I'm Eret by the way, Phil and I have been friends for a while."

"Nice to meet you," Dream said, sitting up.  Wilbur groaned a little and attempted to drag Dream back down.

"Come back, I'm cold."

"Find a blanket then," Dream said with a snort.  Wilbur frowned at him and rolled his eyes, making Dream suppress a giggle.  He looked a lot like George when he did that.  George.

Dream sighed again and complied, lying back down.  Wilbur immediately latched on to him like a leech, nuzzling his face into Dream's back.  Tears pricked Dream's eyes and he closed them, begging himself to not cry in front of a total stranger.

"Do you guys want a room," Eret asked in mild amusement.  Dream's eyes flew open and his face went bright red.  Wilbur's snort of embarrassment from behind him was muffled.   "Sorry, not like that.  I just figured you would be more comfortable there than my couch.  Most of this furniture is just for show."

"Hmm yes, come Dream," Wilbur said, pushing himself up on his elbows.  "Let us go be comfortable and completely innocent in Eret's guest room."

Dream's face went even brighter and he hid his face in his arms as Eret and Phil burst into peels of laughter.  Will giggled from behind him.  He climbed over Dream and grabbed his hand, pulling him to his feet.

"It's that door," Eret said through his deep laugh, pointing to one of the wooden doors.

"Be safe you two," Phil called as Wilbur dragged a mortally embarrassed Dream to the room.  He squeaked and Wilbur laughed loudly, closing the door behind him.

"You are the worst," Dream said, shoving Will.  He shoved back and Dream lost his balance, falling onto the queen-sized bed.  Wilbur towered over him, making Dream's checks begin to reheat.  He trapped Dream with his arms, grinning mischievously.

"Am I?"

"Yes," Dream said stubbornly, not meeting his eyes.  Wilbur chuckled, low and deep, making Dream shiver.

"Why's that?  Is it because I fluster you?  Honestly you make it too easy."  He traced a thumb down Dream's cheek to his chin, then down his neck.  His eyes were starting to become more lustful, making Dream shiver even harder.

"Will," he choked out, his throat beginning to close up.  Wilbur looked him in the eyes and immediately drew away.

"I am so so sorry," he stammered out.  Dream swallowed and shook his head.

"You're fine," he said, forcing out a breath.  He could finally think correctly again (I WAS GONNA SAY STRAIGHT BUT THAT DOESN'T FIT THE SITUATION DAMNIT YOU GAY MEN) and he smiled apologetically.  "I just can't do this tonight."

"I get it," Wilbur said hurriedly.  "I can see if Eret will let me sleep on the couch or something, I didn't mean to push you."

"Will-"

"I never meant to force myself on to you, I am so sorry.  I'm such a bad person Jesus now was obviously not the right time and I was an idiot and-"

"Wilbur," Dream said loudly, cutting off his ramblings.  "Stay."

"Hey?"

"I want you to stay," Dream said, a little softer.  "I forgive you, now please don't leave me."

"Ok," Wilbur whispered.  He made his way back to the bed and sat down.  "I won't be able to sleep, especially with the coffee in my system."

"I probably won't either.  Maybe you could tell more stories?"

"When you look at me like that I can't say no," Wilbur joked.  Dream's pleading look became ecstatic. 

"Good to know, I'm going to need that for later."

Dream laid down, dragging Wilbur with him.  Wilbur gave a shocked snort but allowed himself to be pulled onto the mound of blankets and pillows.

"You are a very  clingy person."

"I know, but so are you.  Now, story time."

"Okay, what story do you want then?"

"Tell me about something stupid one of you guys have done."

"Only one?"

"Okay then, as many as you can remember."

Wilbur gave him an incredulous look- he responded with an innocent smirk- then started talking.

~~~

Did you horny bastards actually think I'd write a smut?  I'm ace, I would never do that *giggles nervously*

No shame to anyone who does though, as long as the people involved are okay with it.  If not, then SHAME ON YOU!  Anyways, if I didn't convince you, then good job!  I will (probably) not have this be a smutty story.  Implied like the beginning, maybe, but nothing in detail.  I'm too easily embarrassed to do that.

Did anyone catch the Hamilton reference?  I'm in a weird mood tonight whoops.  I know I'm going to look over this later and just lose it, I usually crack up at my first drafts.  Anyways, drink some water and get a little bit of rest, you humans are awesome!

Author here, and dear lord my first draft was written by a horny.... thing!  I won't go into detail,  but ummmmmm what exactly was I thinking?  As expected, I lost it while rereading this and almost woke my parents up.  NOT GOOD!!  Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this fluffy yet angst chapter, I'm gonna go over it one more times before posting, so I'll see you guys then!

Word Count- 2932

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 73 23
BOOK ONE OF THE FALLEN SERIES "I pulled against his hands, not wanting to calm down. I needed to kill something. I needed to see blood that wasn't Tu...
6.3K 95 24
Book Cover is not my art credit to the artist. ^^ First book so why not start with One-shots of the Sleepy Bois Inc. Most of the stories are the Bedr...
2K 109 5
Wilbur Soot, newbie detective at Las Nevadas city police department, is teamed with long time detective Quackity HQ, who doesn't particularly like pe...
182 11 12
hi guys! this is a new story I thought of! I took inspiration from @_Duckle!! Go and check them out they are amazinggg at story writing it is actuall...