You Drive Me Crazy | L.H

By theDoctorsDaughter98

Olivia has everything, the jock boyfriend, the grades, she's pretty despite her denying it. The popular group... More

Intro
Chapter 1: Just a Normal Day
Chapter 2: Sleepovers are Always a Disaster
Chapter 3: The Heartbroken Hangover
Chapter 4: Rumours, Rants and Bants.
Chapter 5: Code Red
Chapter 6: Parties and Problems
Chapter 8: Just Saying
Chapter 9: Halloween
Chapter 10: Halloween part 2
Chapter 11: forgive but not forget
Chapter 12: band practice and dates
Chapter 13: Carnival Shenanigans
Chapter 14: Panicked Kisses
Chapter 15: Fights and Flights
Chapter 16: Lost Kisses
Chapter 17: Delayed Flights and Feelings
Chapter 18: New Years Eve - Part One
Chapter 19: New Years Eve Part 2
Chapter 20: Happy New Year
Chapter 21: 'fuck it'
Chapter 22: What does it all mean?
Chapter 23: Let's Talk?
Chapter 24: Other People
Chapter 25: Are you Jealous?
Chapter 26: Bullshit!
Chapter 27: Vice Versa Part 1
Chapter 28: Vice Versa Part 2
Chapter 29: Games
Chapter 30: The Crazy Idea and the Mysterious Texter
Chapter 31: the One when Calum finds out
Chapter 32: the Shitty Valentine
Chapter 33: Surprise Date Night
Chapter 34: Dinner with Dad
Chapter 35: The One Where Everyone Knows
Chapter 36: I just want Pasta
Chapter 37: Breakup/Makeup Guide
Chapter 38: I f**ked up
Chapter 39: Hey...
Chapter 40: Hot Chocolate and Feelings
Chapter 41: Picture This
Chapter 42: Better believe it, baby
Chapter 43: Perfect
Chapter 44: He's Worse Than You
Chapter 45: Grandparents
Chapter 46: I Hate This
Chapter 47: Letters from Mum
Epilogue / Sequel

Chapter 7: Late night escapes

46 4 2
By theDoctorsDaughter98

Olivia Pov

We seemed to agree that we liked each other's company when trying to sleep. It was like a late-night escape, we'd still have arguments in school but as soon as one of us texted about not being able to sleep we forgot about the things from that day and just chatted until we could sleep. We spoke about everything from what our favourite biscuit was to Luke's parent's divorce which was currently ongoing.

We don't talk about the reasons we can't sleep, we both know not to ask because we won't answer and it will ruin our mood for the rest of the night.

This had been going on for the past month, we would text each other and Luke would climb up to my window. Nobody knew we did this, not even Mikey or Claire, we thought that they'd think we're dating but that's definitely not what is happening, it's very much, friends comforting friends... right? Part of me thinks we've gotten so used to it that we now don't know how to sleep alone.

******

It was a tough Friday, I didn't enjoy any of it. The usual things happened, seeing Sam in the hallway, overhearing people whispering about me, the causal argument with Luke. By this point it was all normal, I had accepted it. I laid on my bed thinking about the events of today.

We have P.E, usually, I have an excuse to skip it but this week the teacher Mr Jennings decided that my sick note, that said something about me having a cold wasn't real, they were right but wasn't about to tell him this. I tend not to like P.E at school, we have to wear shorts that always ride up and a polo shirt, I always feel like people stare at me. It's not like I don't exercise. I love going running just not with pervy boys staring at me.

Anyway, I didn't bring my uniform so I had to find some sports kit in the lost and found. I ended up wearing an oversized top that was like a dress and then shorts that kept riding up every time I took a step. We were playing lacrosse today against the boys. Did I mention I suck at this sort of thing? People don't like playing sports with me because I can't ever catch and I always throw it the wrong way.

So, I was in this horrible PE kit trying to just keep out of the way of the ball. The boys were winning but I didn't really care. I just wanted it to be over. "Ortega catch!" I hear it catches me off guard and I see a ball flying towards me. I run backwards attempting to catch it but I trip, falling back and the ball lands on my wrist with a thud.

"Ahhhh," I cry out in pain. I clutch my wrist as it throbs, Mr Jennings runs over.

"Miss Ortega, are you ok?" Is this guy crazy? I just fell and a lacrosse ball landed on my wrist and he thinks he needs to ask if I'm ok?

I shake my head "no, I think my wrist is broken or something..." I say, frustrated with him. This whole thing wouldn't have happened if I could have sat the lesson out in the library with my book, far away from the lacrosse pitch.

"Don't be silly, just go to the nurse, you'll be fine," he said without even looking, "um, take Claire with you or something," he said walking back to the middle of the field.

So after that, I ended up going to the hospital and got an x-ray and all that shit and now I have a wrist brace on for a fracture in my wrist and a whole bunch of painkillers. It was like 8 pm and I had ordered pizza since Mikey and our parents ate while I was at the hospital.

I hear my phone go off and grab it from my pocket 'hey, I heard what happened, hope you're ok - dickhead' I chuckle seeing his text and quickly reply.

'Yeah I have a bone fracture on my wrist so I have a wrist brace but I have lots of pain meds so I'm chill atm. I ordered pizza if you wanna come over - bitchface' I quickly sent and sat up looking through insta.

'Sure I'll be there in 10 ;-)' I see pop up at the top of my screen, I smile and quickly change into some comfy clothes because I'm still in that P.E kit from earlier.

I hear a knock on my window and see Luke with a tub of ice cream and my pizza. I chuckle and open the window for him to climb in, "pizza delivery for the patient with the broken wrist?" he says once he's in the room.

"What? How did you get my pizza?" I laugh surprised that he's got it and it's not being delivered to my door.

"Oh well, I saw the guy deliver it and said I would bring it up for you, I paid him and stuff too," he chuckles and puts everything on the bed then hugs me. "How are you then, you little clutz?" he laughs, messing my hair up.

I chuckle, "I feel like shit if you must know, the meds are helping with the pain, but not the embarrassment," I sigh, breaking from the hug and getting comfy on the bed ready for my pizza.

He smiles sitting next to me, "I'm glad you are well enough to joke about it anyway," he smiles while picking up a slice of pizza.

"Mhmm, also it's a fracture, not a break and you didn't need to pay for the pizza!" I say finally because I just realised what he did.

He chuckles, "you're a bit slow tonight aren't you, I wanted to pay for it if I was gonna come over to eat it." He rolls his eyes.

I glare at him playfully, "but I'm injured..."

"All the more reason to pay for it... stop arguing you know i'm right" he chuckles pushing my arm.

I roll my eyes, "whatever you weirdo," I smile and eat some more of the pizza.

We sit in silence for a bit until looks at me and says, "I'm glad you're ok... I was kinda worried when claire told us what happened"

"Don't be silly, I've been through worse..." I smile looking up from my pizza at him.

Micheal suddenly comes into my room and Luke and I jump away from each other "hey Olivia, do you- oh hey Luke.... Why are you here?" she says, surprised that Lukes here.

Luke looks at me then at Micheal "I came to play FIFA but got here at the same time as Liv's pizza so I decided to stay and eat some."

"Oh right... Well, I was gonna see if you wanted to watch a movie, Liv but do you mind if we can play FIFA?" Micheal asks, looking at me.

"Of course not, I'm gonna try and get some sleep anyway..." I smile, this is so awkward but Luke and I both knew we can't tell Mikey why he was really here because it would just make it into a much bigger problem.

"Awesome, come on Luke," Mikey smiles and I think we got away with it. Luke gets up from my bed and mouths 'sorry' before disappearing through the door.

**********

Luke's POV

That was close, why did Micheal have to come in and ruin the moment... I have to say I think I'm starting to like Ortega more, I can't stop thinking about her. I just want to spend all my time with her. But it's annoying because I hate her... right? Anyway, I'm pretty sure that even if I do like her she's never gonna like me back. We have too much history... people would think it's weird and that we would break up. I also don't wanna ruin any friendship that we have by saying anything about me liking her.

"Luke what on earth are you doing!?" Michael yells as I lose horrendously in the game, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Ahh, I'll be better on the next one, it's all part of my big plan to beat you," I chuckle.

"Oh yeah? you will never beat the great Michael Clifford!" he laughs.

We continued playing for a few hours until it was past midnight and we were both exhausted, "dude, I'm sorry but I just wanna sleep, you gonna stay over?"

I shake my head "Nah, I don't mind going home..." I lied because I wanna go see Olivia.

He nodded and lied down, "see ya tomorrow then," he smiled at me.

I head out and go downstairs and out the door. I then climbed up to Oliva's window for the second time tonight. She's asleep but I manage to curl up next to her wrapping my arms around her as I drift off to sleep.

******

Olivia's pov

A sharp pain in my wrist wakes me up at 3 am. I realise I'm meant to have some more medicine to stop it hurting but when I reach for my pills I'm blocked by a pair of arms that are wrapped around me. I look up seeing that it's Luke and I chuckle lightly, he can't stay away, can he? I smile sleepily and try to shake him so he'll wake up "Luke..." I whisper.

"Hmmmm go back to sleep love," he mumbles, his eyes still shut. Did he just say love or liv? I think to myself but shake it off.

"Luke, I need to take my meds, so let go of me..." I chuckle still trying to pry his hands off me.

"Ugh .... Fine" he grumbles and loosens his grip on me.

I laugh lightly sitting up so I can reach my meds, "when did you come back anyway? And how did you come in without waking me up and without Micheal seeing?"

"Hush Olivia... it's too early for this sort of stuff," he grumbles sleepily, his voice deep and gravelly still in the same position from when I woke him up.

"You're grumpy when you're tired..." I giggle teasingly.

"Oh shut up and let me go back to sleep," he chuckles, reaching for me. I roll my eyes and cuddle back up to him. "There we go, that's better," he smiles down at me.

"Shut up, Luke.." I chuckle, before drifting off to sleep again.

A/N- a bit of a lame chapter I know it's all over the place and could have probably been split into 2 different events but oh well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 167 36
You wanna know the real reason why Luke and Michael hated each other at first? A girl, with the most beautiful long dark brown wavy hair. Eyes so blu...
3.3K 278 43
Luke never really liked the fact that his best friend Calum spent most of his time following another guy around, especially somebody who was so popul...
80.5K 4.4K 40
Ashton Irwin has finally finished high school and to celebrate his Friend Jack is inviting all his friends to stay in his dad's beach house all summe...
25.5K 560 61
"Have you heard from Luke ?" Calum asked me over the phone. "We have no idea where he would be. Bella you know him better than any of us, if anything...