DECADES OF LOVE ☾ bucky barnes

By FL0WERFIELDS

in which keela blake reunites with an old lover of hers and dives head first into chaos. fem!oc tfatws highes... More

-ˏˋ DECADES OF LOVE ˊˎ-
BACKSTORY
0 | a trip to the past
1 | to give or not to give
2 | hearing the blunt truth
3 | the replacement
4 | a little reunion
5 | first mission as a trio
6 | super-soldiers
7 | an interrupted walk
8 | a visit to isaiah
9 | couples therapy
10 | different teams, different plans
11 | 'hypothetical' talk about jail break
12 | the rich escapee
13 | madripoor
15 | new person, new offer
16 | the story behind the new serum
17 | bounty hunters
18 | wakandans sighted in riga
19 | scrambling for information
20 | finding the serum
21 | dora milaje
22 | manslaughter and murder
23 | the fight for the shield
24 | taking care of each other
25 | girl talk is the solution to problems
26 | the wilson's boat
27 | long-awaited conversation
28 | better advice than the therapist
29 | karli's plan of distraction
30 | saving the hostages
31 | losing a life for a cause
32 | a speech that needs to be heard
33 | promises
34 | happy ending

14 | the call that ruined an offer

3.1K 93 8
By FL0WERFIELDS

CHAPTER 14,

THE CALL THAT RUINED AN OFFER

✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦

IN A PRIVATE room upstairs, multiple people can be seen working to keep the place clean or just generally standing nearby in a protective manner due to their duty as guard. Sitting on a snake skin couch, which is located in the middle of the room, is a woman that goes by the name of Selby. Her cold eyes watch as the four walk into the room, Zemo taking a seat in front of her while the others stand closely nearby.

"You should know, Baron. People don't just come into my bar and demands." Selby reminds.

"Not a demand, an offer." Zemo corrects.

"A lot has changed since you were here last." Selby informs, glancing over at the super-soldiers for a moment. "By the way, I thought you were rotting away in a German prison. How did you escape?"

"People like us always find a way, don't we?" Zemo replies. "I'm sure you've already figured out what I'm here for."

"You're taller than I've heard, Smiling Tiger." Selby says, purring as she meets his gaze. "What's the offer then?"

"Tell us what you know about the super-soldier serum." Zemo demands.

He pauses what he's said, rising to his feet before walking over to the Winter Soldiers standing nearby. The man circles around them carefully as he stretches out a gloved finger and runs it over their faces, showing how stern and controlled they are.

"And I give you them." Zemo continues. "Along with the code words to control them, of course. They will do anything you want."

"There's the Zemo I remember." Selby comments, smiling at the offer. "I'm glad I decided to not kill you immediately. But yeah, you were right to come to me for help."

"Go on." Zemo pushes.

"The super-soldier serum is here in Madripoor. Dr Wilfred Nagel is the man you want to thank... Or condemn, depending on what side of this you're on. The Power Broker had him working on the serum, but things didn't go as planned." Selby explains.

"Is Nagel still in Madripoor?" Zemo asks.

"Oh, you must be mistaken." Selby says, now sitting up straighter than before. "The bread crumbs you can have for free, but the bakery is going to have to cost you, Baron. And don't think you can find Nagel without me."

All of sudden, the sound of a phone is heard ringing. Everything falls silent as people's attention snap towards the noise to see that it's actually coming from Sam's pocket. He cautiously reaches into the inside pocket of his blazer and pulls out his phone, looking down at the screen to see his sister is trying to get in contact with him.

"Answer it. On speaker." Selby demands.

Keela swallows a nervous lump in her throat at their plan being intervened by this, fearing how this might go down. Bucky just clenches his jaw at the sight of her becoming more anxiety riddled by the second, eyes darting between Zemo and Sam with the urge to break character becoming stronger than ever. And so he does, shifting his hand and nudging hers for a split second before allowing his pinky finger to secretly intertwine with hers — a small action that gives comfort to the brunette.

"Hello?" Sam says as he accepts the phone call, nervously scratching his chin.

"Hey, um... We need to talk about this situation. It's been driving me nuts." Sarah informs.

"What situation are you talking about exactly?" Sam asks.

"Are you high?" Sarah fires back. "You know what situation, it's the only one that me and you have."

"What situation, Sarah? Say it." Sam asks, this time more forcefully as his voice raises.

"The damn boat!" Sarah exclaims. "And watch your tone with me, okay? I let you slide at the bank."

Sam scoffs. "The bank. Laundered so much money. They'll come around."

"If that was the case then why did they dog you out, Big Time?" Sarah questions.

"Yeah, you damn right I'm Big Time. You'll see when I have that banker killed." Sam tells her, trying his best to remain in character.

"Cass! What did I tell you about the cheerios?" Sarah snaps, letting out a sigh. "I don't have time for this. Sam, I'm sorry. I have to call you back later."

"Sam? Who is Sam?" Selby repeats as the phone call ends, eyebrows furrowing. "Kill them!"

However, before anyone can do anything, a gunshot ripples through the air as bullet is fired. It shatters one of the nearby windows and soars through the tense atmosphere, embedding itself right into Selby's chest. She drops dead on the floor with blood seeping out of her body, creating a thick pool on the wooden ground beneath her.

Following their leaders order with respect, the guards move from their positions and begin their attack on the four visitors. Keela is quick to let go of Bucky's hand where she the lunges forwards and punches one of them in the face before they can even attempt to lay a finger on her, grabbing the gun out of their hands and into her own possession.

Another man tries to fire a bullet at Bucky but he swiftly covers the end of the barrel with his vibranium arm. Using his other hand to wrap around the gun, he pushes the weapon backwards so that it collides with their chest and takes the breath out of them. Then, while they're trying to gasp for air, Bucky pulls the gun into his grip before hitting them in the temple and knocking them out.

Sam reaches out and grabs ahold of both his friends where they hide behind a wall with Zemo by their side. Guns are gripped tightly in their hands so that they are ready for what might come their way. Bucky makes sure to keep an eye out for anyone that might enter the room, staring down the scope of the gun in preparation.

"They're going to pin this on us." Sam states.

"We have a real problem now, so leave your weapons and follow my lead." Zemo instructs.

"Leave the weapons?" Keela repeats, eyes widening at him. "They're going to kill us."

"You handled them just fine downstairs, I'm sure you can do that again." Zemo tells her.

"The difference is they didn't have guns." Keela points out. "They'll be more prepared this time."

Zemo sighs. "Just do what I say."

The three glance at one another as if silently communicating about what they should do, debating on whether to listen or go against him and take the guns with them. However, they reluctantly decide to drop the weapons to the ground beneath them and put their trust into Zemo once again to help them.

So, they swiftly set off and walk through the narrow corridors of the building that they first entered through, making their way outside into the polluted night air. The sound of phones going off can be heard in every direction surrounding them, people's eyes glued to their screens while others watch the four's actions carefully.

All of a sudden, rapid fire of gunshots ripple through the air as people either start running to safety or towards them with the intention to kill. They instantly take off running in order to save themselves, Zemo taking off in another direction and splitting up from the trio. Keela and Bucky ensure that they don't use their advanced speed as super-soldiers, wanting to make sure that Sam is safe and remaining beside him in case something goes even worse than it already has.

"I can't run in these heels!" Sam yells. "Keela, how the hell do you women do this shit?!"

Keela goes to reply but the sound of motorbikes are now heard trailing behind them up the road, headlights shining through the misty darkness. The three turn and enter a large alleyway in attempt to get to a safer place, or even just hide for the meantime. However, another gunshot is heard and a man in front of them falls to the ground dead where Zemo can now be seen standing there with a weapon gripped at hand. Two more gunshots follow that, the people on the motorbike slipping off the vehicle as they fall lifeless with a thud.

"You seem to have a guardian angel." Zemo jokes.

"Well, this is too perfect." Sharon comments, walking forwards as she pulls her hood down. "Drop it, Zemo."

He does exactly as asked, gently crouching down and placing the weapon onto the ground. He then raises his hands in the air to show that he means no harm, feet slowly walking him backwards as he stares down the barre of Sharon's gun. Sam cautiously steps in front of Zemo protectively as he too raises a hand in the air, trying to get the blonde to calm down and listen to them.

"Sharon, wait." Sam demands. "Someone recreated the super-soldier serum and Zemo had a lead."

"That explains why you guys are here, and Selby's dead." Sharon says.

"So what are you doing here?" Bucky asks.

"I stole Steve's shield, remember?" Sharon replies. "I also took the wings for Sam's ass, so that your ass from Zemo. And, unlike you, I didn't have the Avengers to back me up, so I'm off the grid in Madripoor."

"Don't blow that smoke at me. I was on the run too." Sam fires back.

"Was. Is. Big difference." Sharon corrects. "I don't speak to my family anymore because I can't. My own father doesn't know where the hell I am."

"Listen, Sharon, we need your help." Keela speaks up. "Just please."

"Fine." Sharon agrees. "But only because you were the one to ask me because I have nothing against you so far. Natasha trained you well."

"How are you letting her off when the Avengers were on her side?" Sam questions, confused.

"Because she's never gotten in my way and needed me to save her ass, unlike you two." Sharon replies. "Anyway, I have a place in High Town that's safe for you guys to stay at for awhile."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 3K 29
As Captain America and the Winter Soldier infiltrate the Hydra base that Bucky once called Hell, they find that Zemo has murdered all of the other su...
412K 10.9K 34
Her 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴 are scarred from 𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫, and yet he 𝐭 𝐫 𝐮 𝐬 𝐭 ...
53.9K 2K 44
-𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐲. -𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐲, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲�...
68.1K 2.3K 27
*slowburn* Y/n Barnes, adoptive sister. Captured along with the 107th in the 40s Y/n is still alive thanks to the serum and Hydra. Now living with he...