Aesthete

By kaywritingbooks

This story is about an OC character of mine, Florence Reyna is an American transfer student molded to become... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32 - Bakugo 1
Chapter 33 - Bakugo 2
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - Bakugo 3
Chapter 36 - Bakugo 4
Chapter 37 - Bakugo 5
Bakugo Birthday Special
Chapter 39 - Izuku 1
Chapter 40 - Izuku 2
Chapter 41 - Izuku 3
Chapter 42 - Izuku 4
Chapter 43 - Izuku 5
Chapter 44 - Bakugo 6
Chapter 45 - Bakugo 7
Chapter 46 - Kaminari
Chapter 47 - Bakugo 8
Chapter 48 - Jirou
Chapter 49 - Bakugo 9
Chapter 50 - Bakugo 10
Closing Note.

Chapter 20.

325 18 3
By kaywritingbooks

"Denki, move out of the damn way!" I screamed, wrapping a vine around his waist and moving him from the wrecking ball that showed no mercy.

Principal Nezu's quirk was his intelligence, and because I always believed brain over brawn, I knew he would give us a difficult time. We were walking through the industrial complex of our area, heading towards the exit while looking for the mouse of our staff everywhere.

He appeared with a large construction machine, and that's how I knew we were screwed if Mina and Denki didn't dodge the falling debris or the large, metallic ball itself. I racked my head for any ideas on how to stop Nezu controlling the machine.

Endeavor told me that most metals derive from nature.

"Guys, keep running ahead. I'm gonna do something. Mina, if I destroy the wrecking ball, use your acid to destroy structures of buildings behind you and allow them to collapse. Nezu will get stuck, if he tries jumping to another machine, Denki over-circuit the wires with a single shot. " I told them, to which they both immediately agreed.

Izuku taught me this.

I crouched, like a predator targeting its prey as I jumped to the sides of the walls, landing on the ball as Nezu swung it towards me. My foot twisted slightly, but I ignored the pain, pressing my fingertips to the metallic surface as I concentrated.

Everything is essentially from the Earth. Endeavor and Shoto encouraged me to try and manipulate anything.

The metal abided to my wishes and immediately separated itself from the chain, dissolving and creating large swirls of air that blocked Nezu's eyesight.

I jumped off, "Mina, go!" The structures were falling at her touch as I swung my vines to fly over the collateral damage. Denki hopped in the air as his arms wrapped around my waist, allowing us to land smoothly on the ground.

Immediately, we began running towards the middle of the area, sprinting with as much force as we could.

"Good job, angel. We're gonna have so much fun at camp!" Denki cried out excitedly, Mina followed with her words of gratitude for my plan. They were immediately cut off when the buildings around us started detonating and pieces of glass and metal flew at us in all directions.

"Mina! Denki!" I yelled, jumping on the two as I encased a small stone hut to shield us from the rapidly flying material.

When the worst of the impact seemed to be over, I lifted myself off of them. "Damn Nezu, he's got so many tricks up his sleeve." I muttered, dusting off the dirt from myself and the electric user who seemed too terrified to do anything.

I lowered the stone walls, rotating my body to see all the damaged buildings that surrounded us. "We're gonna fail if we don't get out of here soon!" Mina sobbed, clinging to one shoulder while Denki mimicked her moves and clung to my other. Crap, what do I do now? I dragged my hand across my face momentarily, attempting to gauge our circumstances.

"Alright. I'm going to try and move as much metal out of the way, when I can't anymore, I'll toss you two to the gate with my vines. Denki if you see Nezu, let me know and attack. Mina, your acid might make the structures hurt us more so just carefully lift the pieces with your hands."

I wasn't sure how much time we had left, so I used my vines to carry as much rubble as possible while melting the metal beams to clear a pathway to the exit. My energy was seeping and pieces of my skin showed blood from my disregard to my own body, but I ignored it all. I needed to win.

"Nezu's here!" Denki and Mina called to me while pointing in the direction of a new machine towing its way to our path. "Shoot the machine, Denki. Mina, step away his electricity might hurt you." Denki let out a war cry while the air because tense, I heard the zapping noise from his finger, but Mina and I didn't prepare ourselves enough. I encased her in vines as she squeaked, falling to the floor while her skin tinged in the slightest and I soon followed, feeling the current run through my body as I hissed in pain. Things were silent, momentarily, I knew the plan worked but the cost was Mina's strength and mine, Denki was short-circuiting so he wouldn't be able to help us anymore either.

I ignored the pain in my knees and stood to grab the weakened, pink-skinned girl and my yellow-haired friend who took to using that same empty giggle that he does whenever his brain becomes fried. Wrapping vines around them, I lifted them to my back as I took off running. I dismissed Principal Nezu's calls of my name and kept the sprint. Two deadweights were beginning to show as I gasped for air, my lungs were burning from the smoke of the multiple blasts but I persisted. I heard the buildings behind me detonate and I knew Nezu was just pushing my buttons at this point.

Scraps of the area were flying at me as I lifted my teammates out of the way, I avoided it for the most part but an iron pole sliced through my costume, piercing my ribcage. I groaned, but lowered my classmates onto my back once more as the exit finally appeared. Denki continued his little bits of laughter as he shot electrical zaps down my spine, I knew he didn't mean it though because he whined slightly with eyes full of remorse.

We had ten seconds; it was only fifteen yards away. I covered my friends in stone to prevent the impact from harming them, using a thick vine to launch them across the exit gate. The bell rang when their bodies crossed the line but I didn't slow my pace. I exited the industrial area and passed the exam in the final second. With that, I headed to my friends to heal them, before collapsing into the ground with a heavy huff.

"You both failed. Instead of thinking outside the box and pushing yourselves to help Reyna, you both let her take over and she carried your victory."

Kaminari and Ashido wailed at Mr. Aizawa's harsh words. I wanted to protest and defend my friends, but my teacher's glare silenced me. I buried my face in my hands, feeling worried. If I didn't hound them to listen to me, they would've passed. We were already back in the classroom, everyone's final had concluded and we were left to face the reality of our results from both the practical and written exam. 

"Sir, I didn't really let them come up with any ideas, it's partially my fault." I said, bracing myself for Shota's scolding.

"You're right, that's why points were deducted on your behalf, but neither one placed pressure on themselves to help you when Nezu attacked."

With that, I was dismissed as I turned and frowned, feeling Jirou glancing at my teammates and I in sympathy.

Everyone began getting comfortable in their seats, I was walking back to mine when his two fingers wrapped around my wrist easily. I turned, not restoring any kind of energy to banter back and forth with him. His gaze softened considerably when he realized I wasn't in a proper mood. "We need to talk later." The words left his lips and I only nodded. "Alright, Bakugo, we'll meet after class." 

Once I was settled, Izuku squeezed my shoulder, giving me a reassuring smile. "At least you passed, Flo. I know you're hurt that Kaminari and Ashido didn't, but I personally think you guys worked together well." I just knew he wanted to make me feel better, even if that meant releasing a white lie from his lips. 

I nodded, turning to face the front when our teacher demanded attention once again. "All of you are still going to the forest lodge with us, anyways. But you will have hard remedial classes to make up for your failures." The tears that streamed down the students who failed suddenly stopped. Everyone began rewinding themselves to their usual jovial personalities as I grinned faintly. Kaminari flew to my side in an instant, "I'm so sorry, Florence. I promise I'll never let you do the heavy lifting anytime we're in a team. Please forgive me." He had engulfed me in a warm hug, one that relaxed my usually cold body. 

"Sure, Denki. Don't worry about it." I only wanted him to release me because of Aizawa's narrowed eyes. So overprotective. 

Hagakure motioned for me to partake in the group that surrounded Mina's desk. I walked to them, nudging Jirou with my hip as I gave her a sheepish look, "Seems we're going to have some quality time, soon, huh?" My words incited an angry blush on her as her fist met with my arm. 

"We're going to force all of 1-A to come with us to the mall to go shopping before we leave for the trip! You're coming right, Reyna?" Uraraka's question led to my noise of agreement before she clapped in excitement. 

Everyone seemed open to the idea except for Bakugo. When he and I were walking home, I turned to move my body ahead to face him. I placed both hands on his shoulder, he didn't shrug me away, only analyzing my movements with the same frown and relaxed, slightly raised brows. I studied him the same way his eyes drifted all over my frame. 

It's a shame he always looks angry, he's at his prettiest when he's calm just like this

His arms were crossed and his lower lip was more prominent than his upper although they were both full. He had the bone structure of Adonis, the perfectly straight nose and sharp jawline gave him an intimidating aura, but that was never one to faze me. If Denki was a summer breeze, then Bakugo was a meteor, a fiery sunset, anything that deemed itself passionate and heated. 

"Come with us to the mall, please." My tone was quiet, but not pressing, making it seem as if it was only a trivial offer to be grazed over with ease. 

"No. Come eat dinner with my shitty parents when you're done with the mall, they want to see you again and I'm tired of the nagging." His counterproposal made me laugh. "What the hell is so funny, you shitty girl?" 

"Your words of endearment." I told him, we both poked each other's cheek, it was our simple form of communication with one another that I didn't share with anyone else. 

"Tell me something, what issues do I have with my ego?" The question caused surprise to flicker through my face for the first time. Pinche metiche. 

"One day you're going to overhear something you wish you hadn't." I responded, easily deflecting his question, but the lack of response and blank stare from him told me I wouldn't be let off the hook. 

I sighed, beginning, "You act like Midoriya's a background character in your life, but you lose control over yourself when he's involved in anything. You put your ego of not working with others you deem 'inferior' before doing your best. You changed in the practical, though. You fought until you couldn't and you'll dismiss my opinion the way you do with everyone else, but I've never been prouder." My grip slackened, and I stepped away to observe the pond of koi fish that was nearby to mask the warmth that erupted from my face. 

"I'll never not listen to what you have to say." Bakugo's sentence was muttered, but my neck burned from the whiplash of how fast I turned to stare, mouth agape. "Stop making that stupid face, you moron! Flies will get in." He huffed, making his way over to slide a hand under my chin, pressing my lips shut. I did what I knew would irritate him to break the genuine moment between us. Reaching over, I pressed my knuckles to his mouth, watching him blush for the first time. 

"Now, I can tell everyone that Katsuki Bakugo kissed my hand!" I screamed, using his shock to sprint towards my house before he could reach me and commit a felony. 

-

Days had passed and we were all crowded in the plaza of a mall, I couldn't turn a single direction without pressing into a classmate. Jirou and I currently were sharing a pair of headphones, while Izuku stood in front of me, speaking to Uraraka. Denki was at my side, leaning his head against my shoulder casually, scrolling through his phone while simultaneously tugging on the strings of my hoodie. 

"Let's split up into groups and rendezvous back here for lunch." Hagakure called out to us, and with that, people departed the area in groups.  Mina and the other girls went off to collect outfits for the trip, while Denki, Jirou, and I headed to a shop nearby the area, sticking to searching for the essentials. I glanced to our meeting point to see Izuku still standing there, mumbling on about something. 

"Beautiful, do you think it would be necessary to bring a portable charger?" Denki questioned, holding up the package to me while Jirou watched us like an overprotective parent. 

"Why should we get that when we have you?" I teased, causing the boy to roll his eyes and walk off with Jirou towards the swimsuit area. 

The idea of swimsuits made me remember the slight humiliation of the moments our class spent at the pool the other day after the finals ended. 

"What?! I thought these hotties would have better swimsuits for today! What the hell is this?" Mineta pervertedly cried out, pretending to bawl on the floor while the girls and I only watched in disgust. We were wearing bathing suits that covered our chests and the material didn't end until a few inches above our knees, providing security for moments where lustful idiots like Mineta would gawk. 

Denki walked over to me, I thought he would've made some flirtatious comment but he only used the move to maneuver his back to my chest, staring out at the boys who were discussing a competition to see who could swim the fastest. 

"What are you doing, Denki?" My mumbling lead to pressing his bare back away from me as I turned to stand by his side. He only repeated the movement from earlier. I groaned, feeling my face shift into a scowl, "Seriously, move you flea." I pinched his side, causing him to squeak. He rubbed the back of his head while never meeting my gaze. 

Hagakure moved to speak happily into my ear, "Look at Todoroki! His abs, oh my god, he's so hot I need my camera right now!" She ran off, leaving her words to force me to glance over at the boys who were all gathered in their corner, with the exception of the electric user beside me. I couldn't help my eyes trailing over my two best friends, Bakugo and Midoriya. I wasn't stunned with Bakugo's body, his arms that were revealed with his hero costume already showed me how muscular the boy was. His abdomen was only fitting to his appearance of a Greek god. Midoriya was the one who didn't have his hero costume or school uniform show mercy to his body. The sinewy look of the curves of his arms and his taut stomach made me press my lips into a thin line, refusing to reveal the fact that I was ... wait, was I checking them out?! I squealed, grabbing the person closest to me as I hid my face in their chest. That was a mistake, the person I grabbed was just as attractive as the ones I was shamefully gawking at. The lack of clothing on him only left me more flustered, "Denki! Go back with the boys, damn it!" I cried, no longer able to contain the wicked shades of pink and red that exposed my thoughts to the boy. I pushed him away, pressing my face to my cheeks as a pathetic attempt to downplay my childish behavior. 

He was always coquettish, never hiding the way he stared or commented on my appearance. His approach was different from before, there was an amorous glint to his eyes as he ruffled my hair and stooped himself down to my height. "Next time, look at me instead." Denki's teasing tone led me to grumbling, "Shut up, and go drown." I couldn't meet his eyes, he would know that I wasn't immune to his looks either. 

"Your wish is my command, angel." He moved, running to jump into the pool. My gaze shifted to Jirou, eyes narrowing as I saw Mineta nearing her with a devilish look. I ran to them, gripping Kyoka's arm while pressing my foot into the grape boy's head, forcing him to land in the water. "Don't look at her like that." Who was I to talk? 

Shaking my head from the memory, I caught a rushed movement beyond the glass window. Izuku was being seated at the water fountain, with a man who was obscured with a jacket. I moved closer to the glass, watching as the two seemed to be having a conversation. Why do I feel so nervous, I thought, scrutinizing the pair, trying to gauge Midoriya's expression as much as I could from the distance. 

I saw two things. 

Izuku's face, he tried concealing his distress, but his eyes flitted around nervously, hoping anyone could realize what was going on. 

The light baby-blue shade of Tomura Shigaraki's hair. I wouldn't forget it, the scar in my lower leg tingled, as if it sensed his presence. That cognizance of his particular feature made my body twist in dread, I caught the way his fingers were taunting Izuku's neck. His quirk. 

I didn't think twice, I ran from the store throwing my hoodie over my head as I hid between the crowds of the people. I snuck closer to them, moving my position to where I was invisible to Shigaraki because of the way I stood behind the two. Immediately, a vine drafted upwards, flinging my friend away as I flew to stand in front of Shigaraki with my arm placed ahead of Izuku's body. 

"Touch him like that again and I'll kill you and the entire League." My words were spoken calmly, but they were laced with a venom, a rage that I haven't heard from myself ever. His weak, lunatic gang that he labelled as the "League of Villains" and himself seemed to be the cause of villainy at the moment, the reason why so many horrid events happened so closely, all correlating to the man who sat before me. 

"Ah, it's the beautiful American who won second place. Florence Reyna, right? Your quirk is a sight for sore eyes, so are you." His words sent waves of disgust that originated from my throat and flowed all the way to the soles of my feet. I said nothing, only watching him the way a snake would before biting. 

"You threatened to kill me and the League? Don't you realize that I can kill a good crowd of these poor, innocent civilians here with us before you can touch me?" Shigaraki's condescending tone led me to bending my knees, preparing to throw myself at him. Even if it costed my life, something told me that this man's existence would only bring pain to everyone he came across, directly or indirectly. 

"I'll force three of these right into your heart before you can make a move." I replied, summoning a vine to wrap around his waist, a sharp thorn with the diameter of six inches pointed to his chest. People were beginning to notice. 

"There's no need for hostility, we'll meet again either way. Remember what I told you, Izuku Midoriya." I let him decay my vine, as he stood, quickly disappearing into the crowd. Uraraka was standing a few feet away from us, confusion etched all over her face as Izuku rushed to stand by my side. "Florence, we need to call the police." 

During the time of our interrogation at the police station, I had notified Shota of the events; he insisted on showing up, but I told him that Izuku would realize our connection to each other if he did. I sent one text to Bakugo. 

Me: Shigaraki forced Izuku to talk to him when we were at the mall today. I went and spoke to him as well, so now I'm at the police station. It doesn't seem they'll release us anytime soon. I won't make it to dinner, I'm sorry. 

My phone immediately rang as the vibration of messages made its way to the cellular device, I only muted it, continuing to answer the questions that the detective, Mr. Tsukauchi, was asking. 

It was already dark by the time we left the building, Izuku and I spoke a few words to each other, neither of us were upset, but Shigaraki's parting statement had created a dirty, poison filled root of anxiety that wormed through the both of us, binding us together in an unpleasant way. 

A short woman was running towards us as we both looked at the stars briefly. "Izuku!" She sobbed, throwing herself on him as I watched. She had the same shade of green hair and eyes as my friend, the same eye shape and eyebrows. It seemed that their quiet and delicate beauty ran through genetics the way Bakugo's family did. I stepped away, allowing them to engage with each other privately, I wouldn't intrude where I didn't belong. 

It seems as if whether I'm in America or here, I never really belonged to a particular group of people. Aizawa only took me in as obligation, and my closest friends weren't exactly cohesive with each other, I was a drifter. I aimed to drown out the negative voice that was stabbing my chest with the words. Was the voice deceiving me? Only saying pessimistic things to dampen my growth? I wasn't sure. 

"Sweetheart, do you want Izuku and I to walk you home? Are you okay?" His mother's voice brought me back to reality. I frowned, when I called my mother to inform her of what happened, she said that as long as I wasn't hurt, I shouldn't pester her busy work schedule with calls of unimportant things since I was a big girl who could handle myself. 

I bit my lip, turning to study the cracks of the wall beside me as I told myself to stop acting pitiful and turn off the threshold of tears craving to release a downpour. "It's okay, ma'am. I appreciate the offer but I'll be fine." I looked back at her, giving a tight-lipped smile. "I'm sorry if this seems dumb, but you look just like Izuku. Both of you are pretty." I hoped my sentence would lift her spirits and stop the tears that poured down her face; it worked. Both of them began reddening, releasing words of gratitude with high pitches. They even act the same when they're nervous, how cute. 

"I've gotta head home. I'll see you around, Izuku. I'm sorry this ruined both of your evenings, especially to you Miss Midoriya. No parent should be worried about their child's safety." I ended my words with a quick nod, turning to leave the area and return to Shota's residence. Her question made me freeze, "Reyna, have you told your mother?" 

I only adjusted my head slightly to glance at her through my peripheral vision, "Yes, she knows I'm not injured or anything, so she didn't worry too much. Goodnight, Izuku. Goodnight, Miss." 

When I neared my house, I saw a hooded frame leaning on the gate with something in his arms. I slowed my pace, feeling paranoia creep into my mind as I studied him. I tightened my hand, feeling the slick surface of stone coat my arm just in case. He turned, and I relaxed under his vermillion gaze and blonde tufts of hair. 

"It's just you, hey." I sighed, rubbing my face as weariness took over. He said nothing, moving his arm outwards. I glanced at the container in his hands. "What's that?" I asked, prodding at it. 

"Dinner. You haven't eaten, right?" Bakugo pressed the container into my hands, before poking my cheek. "Stupid crybaby, I knew you shouldn't have gone to the fucking mall today, but you just had to follow the sheep, that's why you're ugly." His harsh words revealed his concern, so I took no offense. 

"Sometimes I question where I belong. It's not with my family, but is it here?" I looked to see his narrowed pupils at my rhetorical question. 

"It's wherever you're happy, now stop being a drag and go inside to eat the damn food." He poked my cheek, pushing me to the inside of the gate. Bakugo shut it, giving me one more look over before getting ready to leave. 

"I wonder where I'd be without you." The words slipped from my mouth, I couldn't take it back, but did I want to? I was thankful, from the container of food to the night in the forest to understanding me without the use of undeviated words, Bakugo's done more than enough. 

His eyes dilated, I couldn't tell why but he finally looked resolved of all anger. "Yeah, whatever," the blonde boy mumbled, heading back to where his family awaited him. 

I entered the house, turning on the kitchen light to see Shota asleep at the table, lips morphed into a frown, as if he had fallen asleep with worry engraved into his thoughts. I sighed, smiling softly as I summoned a vine to delicately lift him from the table and lay him across the couch. 

I dragged a blanket across his body, pressing my fingers to my lips as I returned my hand to his chest. "You're such a father." I whispered. 

Even if I drifted from who I reconciled with during my time, the four classmates never changed. Neither did Shota, Yamada, or Kayama, they were forever unchanged. 

I suppose that is where I belong, no location or time apart could alter that fact. As true as the way the sun rises in the East and sets in the West and as solidified as the Earth itself. They are my home. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.9K 2.4K 76
Kimiko and Touya were childhood sweethearts. When he ran away she was left heartbroken. This is the story of what happens when Kimiko meets Touya aga...
7.6K 124 8
(Y/n) is a part of the Elven Kingdom. Her King the High Jew Elf (which is Kyle if you didn't know that go and and play the game) banished you from sp...
37.2K 2.3K 94
A pure fiction story about Sam and YU just because I love them a little too much so I decide to make a story about them. It's not about their life at...
1.6M 64.1K 42
โ”โ”โYou! You're the girl from the prophecy! โž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Žโ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž .ยท:*ยจเผบ เผปยจ*:ยท. โ€Ž โ€Ž โ€Ž...