แด…แดแดกษด โœ”๏ธ

By tinajomattel

"I shot for the sky I'm stuck on the ground So why do I try I know I'm gonna fall down" "I thought I could fl... More

DOWN <LUKE PATTERSON>
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

CHAPTER ONE

7.6K 89 36
By tinajomattel

DEMON BABY

Los Angeles
2020

"FORM THE TRIANGLE!" Caroline shouted as the girls in colorful hair, make up and clothes practiced their dance.

"Check it out, yeah, we make 'em say 'wow'!" Carrie sang the last line of the song as she posed in triangle formation with the girls in her crew.

"That was great girls! You are going to do great during the pep rally next week!" Lee applauded as the girls went to grab their bags.

"Hey, Kayla, I love how you did the spin. You are improving so much!" Said the schools dance captain.

      The girl in a purple wig smiled brightly, "Thanks. I've been practicing a lot."

"I just hope you're going to try out for the team this year. We could definitely use your skills on the dance floor." The blonde encouraged.

"Oh, yeah, that's my goal actually." Kayla agreed, picking up her bag to leave as her mom just honked the car horn. "I gotta go. Thanks for having me." She bid as she left the twins house.

"You know you don't have to talk to all my friends during practice, right?" Carrie sassed to her sister. "I don't talk to yours."

"That's because you aren't friends with them anymore," Lee reminded, rolling her eyes are her sisters immaturity. "And besides, you're the one who asked me to choreograph your dance." She sauntered out of the dance room in her home and went into her bedroom.

Caroline Wilson. Also known as Lee. Daughter of Trevor Wilson. Twin sister of Carrie Wilson. Their dad is one of the most famous and rich singers in California. Because of his talent, he got an amazing mansion for him and his kids to live in. His wife, the twins mother, is not around anymore. She didn't die, no. But no one knows where she is. She's just not in the girl's lives anymore.

Every Wednesday and Friday after school, Dirty Candy — Carries dance team — comes over to the Wilson house to practice for their performances. It's not like Carrie can't come up with her own choreography, but with her sister being the school dance captain and third time state champion, she needs to be perfect, which is being taught by the best. Who just so happens to live under the same roof as her.

Lee and her twin are very different, well, kinda different. When they were younger, people couldn't tell who was who because they were so alike. They both loved to dance, sing, and play with instruments. Lee more preferred the latter than Carrie. As they got older, the girls started to drift. Carrie became popular. The It Girl if you will. She dumped her sister and two other friends for popularity. Now, the twins only ever "hang out" when Lee choreographs the dances for Dirty Candy.

Caroline loves to play the guitar and piano. It's the instruments she's best at. If you're ever at the Wilson house and looking for Lee, you can usually find her in the studio. Sometimes she doesn't even record anything, and just sits there. She loves singing, a lot. But the problem is her stage fright. Singing and dancing in front of people are two different things in her mind. She can easily preform a solo routine, but singing is a no-go. She could sing in front of her family and friends, no problem. But when it's a crowd of strangers, she chokes. She wasn't always like that. She has a dozen songs in her song book just sitting there. She used to be the type of person who would climb up to the tallest building and sing at the top of her lungs. But, now, as she watches her sister, it's like she's living through her.

Her biggest supporter was actually her best friends mom, Rose Molina. She was always the one to cheer the loudest when the girls would sing a duet, or even sing a solo. Rose was more like a mom to Lee than her mom, who isn't in the picture. I don't know if you caught on to the hints I've dropped, but Rose isn't here anymore. She died a year ago, and it was the worst thing in the world. Lee might've lost a mother figure but Julie Molina actually lost her mother. It was a difficult time for everyone. It still is. Julie hasn't touched a piano since and Lee hasn't either, but she can't seem to stop writing.

When she writes Dirty Candy's choreography, she goes over Carrie's lyrics. She then goes into the dance studio and practices to see if it actually looks good. Julie's mom was the one who taught both her and Lee how to play the piano. That's why neither plays anymore.

Acoustic guitar and piano aren't the only instruments Lee can play. She is actually a very talented drummer. The last time she played was when she finished a song her and Rose started. She thought it would be a way to honor her with the guitar she got from Rose on her birthday a year prior. She also got a little crazy with her drum set. She needed to let all the sadness and anger out and she broke a couple of drumsticks. It was not pretty. The strange thing is that she still has the broken drumsticks in her room. In a special box — a dream box, if you will — under her bed.

Setting her bag on the floor, Lee picked up her phone to check her notifications as she went to grab a towel. She saw a text from her dance coach, reminding her about tryouts on Monday, for the semester. Not to brag, but Lee was captain back in middle school and was last year as a freshman. She has also been dancing since she was five, but no biggie.

Lee also got a few texts from her, Julie, and Flynn's group chat. Talking about how nervous they are for school on Monday because it's closer to Wednesday. This is the week Julie is supposed to prove why she belongs in the music program. She is meant to prove herself on hump day. The girls — minus Lee — are apart of the schools music program. If you asked Lee why she wasn't, she would tell you it's because it doesn't fit in her schedule. Which is a lie. It's, as we should know by now, because of her stage fright. The girls have been trying to have her there with them so they would have all of their classes together, but she refuses.

They can never decide on what to call their group chat. Flynn wants it to be named "Triple Trouble" and Lee wants it to be called "Terrific Trio" while Julie just sits back and watches her friends argue which name is better. They've been going at it since middle school.

Right before she went into the bathroom she saw a 'goodnight' text from her best friend, Liam. He is like her little brother if you ignore the fact that he is older than her. She sent one right back, then put her phone on charge and went into the shower. She did her nightly routine and went to bed, excited for the weekend.

><><><

On Saturday, Lee woke up at eleven in the morning. A new record. After she got dressed and had breakfast, she went into the studio. After, of course, she went back into her room for her own music book.

She has been writing a new song. So far, all she needs is a chorus. She hasn't even practiced with her guitar. This isn't the type of song that you use random equipment from the studio. She knows this. But she can't seem to even move her hand to grab the acoustic guitar right in front of her.

Usually, when she was stumped on what to make the chorus, she would call Julie. But she doesn't want to bother her today. Julie hasn't been able to write anything without crying about her mom, so Lee only comes over when she finishes her songs or to hang out with no music involved.

Her studio time got interrupted by her dad coming in, looking for her.

"Hey, Lee, whatcha doin'?" Her father asked.

"Oh, y'know. Trying to think of a chorus for a new song I'm writing." She answered, looking up at her dad.

He smiled, "When do you think I can hear that beautiful voice?"

"I don't know, dad, I haven't finished the song, yet." He nodded. "What did you come down here for?"

"Oh, I actually have some people coming over to the house and I was wondering if you and your sister could maybe go hang out with your friends or something. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, I'll give Flynn and Julie a call." Lee said, getting up from her seat.

"Great, love you sweetie."

"Love you too, dad."

When Lee walked into her room, she started packing an overnight bag. Usually her and the girls have sleepovers whenever they hung out, so she's just being prepared.

She grabbed everything she needed and walked out of the house. She likes to walk to the girls houses, it gives her time to think. And all she could think of right now was that song.

><><><

On Monday morning, Lee woke up to her excessively loud alarm. She rolled around and turned it off, relieved that it was off after her hitting it only once. Like any other day her best friend, Liam, is planned to pick her up and go to school.

       When Lee was ready, a car honk was heard from outside. She grabbed an apple, since she hasn't eaten breakfast, and ran to Liam's car. He drives a blue jeep. It was handed down to him from his older brother Dylan.

       The car ride was nice. They talked about the sports they play. Liam is actually the captain of the lacrosse team.

       He's dirty blonde and 5'5". They've been best friends since he got in a fight, accidentally punching a girl in the face, and Lee fixed up what the girl did to him. That was in the sixth grade.

       Over the weekend Lee was able to get most of her song done. It's an upbeat song. A song to boost ones confidence. A confidence boost is something she really needs at the moment.

       When the two got to school, they went their separate ways. Because of the stupid alphabet, their lockers are on opposite sides of the school.

       As Lee walked up her her locker, she saw Julie and Flynn waiting for her.

       "What took you so long, Jesus." Flynn groaned.

       "Hey, he's got nothing to to with me being late." Lee quipped as she opened her locker to get her books. The girls all laughed at her joke.

       "Are you excited for tryouts today? Having to judge people's dance skills must be fun." The girl with braids asked.

       "Oh, yeah, so much fun. Honestly, it's the highlight of my life." Lee sarcastically replied as she shut her locker. "You guys are gonna try out, right?" She asked, hopefully.

       "Yes, that we are." Julie said as Flynn nodded in agreement. The warning bell rang.

       "Okay, good. I'll see you guys in class." And with that, Lee walked off.

><><><

       After school, Lee had to run from her locker all the way to the gym for dance tryouts. She loves being captain, but she doesn't want to be in this school for another hour.

       When she was there, she was happy to see Kayla, Julie and Flynn all kept their promises. They are great dancers.

       That one hour tryout was actually shorter than Lee thought. There were a lot of good dancers, but not everyone can be on the team.

       What really stinks is that there were maybe three boys who tried out. And only two of them actually made it.

       Afterwards, Lee waited at Liam's baby blue jeep while he was in the locker room after lacrosse practice. As he drove, the two took turns talking about their day.

       Liam dropped Lee off at home and drove off. As soon as she got home, she ran into her room. Not to get an early start on her homework. That would be funny. But to finish her song. She wrote the chorus during her math class. Who needs to know about the pythagorean theorem, am I right?

       Now all she needs to do is pick up her damn guitar, get over her fears, and add some instruments to this masterpiece.

       In the studio, she hesitantly grabbed her acoustic guitar, pressed the recording button, and sat on the comfy chair. She put the lyrics on the stand in front of her and sang. She sang so beautifully.

"You got the heart of a phoenix

So let them see you rise, hey-ey-ey, hey-ey-ey

Let them know that you mean it

Let them see you rise, hey-ey-ey, hey-ey-ey"

       When she finished she smiled to herself. She did it. She sang again. And played on her guitar.

       She walked into the room with all the electrical equipment and went to the computer. She put her song in a file and named it Phoenix.

Down <Luke Patterson>

(🎤) T TIME!

I hope you all enjoyed the first chapter!

Who is your favorite jatp character? 👉

><><><

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.7K 658 23
you're best friends with flynn and julie, they've always been there for you especially through you losing your passion to sing and you've been there...
38.7K 880 29
"I think the bands back" Luke says with more tears coming from his eyes. Reggie and Alex chuckle in response. "You guys think we could try that hug...
29K 752 27
"running from the past, tripping on the now, what is lost can be found its obvious" Charlotte and Julie were best friends when they were younger but...
11.9K 392 26
A RUKE FANFIC Julie and the Phatoms played the Orhpum, and it was just the start of their coming to fame. But when some unforseen feelings start to...