Alpha Kane

By FatesBetween

At the age of 31 Alpha Kane Locus Black had given up on looking for his mate, since the age of 18 it was all... More

Prologue
1. Sora
2. Kane
3. Sora
4. Kane
5. Sora
6. Kane
7. Sora
8. Kane
9. Sora
10. Kane
11. Sora
12. Kane
13. Sora
14. Kane
15. Sora
16. Kane
17. Sora
18. Kane
19. Sora
20. Kane
21. Sora
23. Sora
24. Kane
25. Sora
26. Kane
The End
Bonus chapter 1, Suprise!
Bonus Chapter 2, Black in town
Bonus Chapter 3, Cat-Man
Book 2
Book 3
Book 4

22. Kane

200K 6.6K 538
By FatesBetween

My beautiful mate lays fast asleep on our bed, breathing steadily as the effects of my blood pass through her body, changing her.

I feel a creep of regret for being this selfish, putting this life upon her.

She's a human being turned into a wolf so it will take some time. It's not unheard of, when my family was in power we granted those with human mates the gift to join a run with their werewolf mate, it is the greatest gift to run with your mate, being a human shouldn't stop that.

Just this way she has a fighting chance if the worst happens.

Nothing will hurt mate, I protect her Dex growls out.

There will be attempts and my overprotective nature finally thought 'what if I wasn't there?' I couldn't dare to think it, yesterday had opened my eyes to the possibility

The death of Ayres spread and word is many Orion abandoned Braum, the war was coming to an end. Millions of humans around the world have lost their lives, they had no chance of surviving against dark magic, my people fought hard for innocence but not everyone can be saved.

My sweet mate sees hope in all, she's naïve and kind, too kind and too good for this world. They may not approve of my way of dealing with things but she sees now why I do this way instead of hers. She might even dislike me but not once has she called me a monster.

"You enjoy killing"  my mate couldn't be more wrong.

I hated death, the thrill and the feel, the sound and the screams. My demon half craves it while my wolf finds it dishonorable to enjoy, killing is for providing not pleasure.

I'm constantly at fucking war with myself.

I watch my beautiful mate from the chair and wonder what she's dreaming of, is it me? Is it the forests we will run through together? Our pup?

Our pup.

I still can't believe it.

A quiet knock comes from the door and puts me and Dex on high alert as get up and we slowly open the door.

"Alpha king, I've brought pack doctor Adam's." A pack member says while bowing.

"Alpha king, I come to check on the queen." He bows respectfully and I grunt, pissed he interrupted my thoughts.

I open the door wide as I stare down watching every movement of the pack doctor as he grows nervous around my presence as he bows and slowly walks to my mate.

"Tell me everything you do before doing it, or I will snap your neck." I say staring hard into his eyes as I stand over him.

The doctor pales as he nods. "Y-yes, of course."

He bends over my mate as he goes for her arm.

"I'm checking her pulse... pulse is normal." He says as he writes notes and glancing at me nervously, I nod as I listen tentatively.  "Alpha may I check her mark?" He asks and I glare but nod.

The fuck does he want to check that for. I peer over him as I watch everything he does.

"Touching the queen's neck... yes.. yes.. her body is accepting the change, quite remarkable." He says amazed as he writes more notes.

"When will she wake?"

He hums and his eyes go wide as he states at my mate. "I believe the queen is awakening as we speak." He says and I move before he finishes speaking towards the side of the bed as I hold my mate's hand.

Her hand twitches and I and my wolf are happy, she's waking up and trying to open her eyes, which now probably feel heavy.

"I'm here baby, go slow." I whisper comforting words as I stroke her hair.

The doctor watches and takes notes as he studies her movements, much to my demand before I called him here. I don't want anything to do wrong, nothing should but he is a precaution.

"K-Kane?" Her raspy voice calls out.

I kiss her forehead. "I'm here, I'm always here."

"I feel weird." She mumbles tiredly and I glare deadly at the pack doctor. He better start fucking speaking before I bite his head off.

He fumbles with his notes as he looks at me terrified. "U-um it's the blood, she will feel tired for a few hours, o-other than that she is in perfect health Alpha King." He stutters out.

"Who are you?" Sora asks as he begins to sit up, I stop her before she can.

"Don't, you need to rest." I plead with her as I stare at her worried.

"Hello, I'm Sora." She ignores me and raises her hand to the pack doctor.

I feel myself grow jealous and angry as he stares at me for approval to touch my mate. With Sora staring at me with her eyes screaming 'be nice' I nod hesitantly as I watch his every move.

"Pack doctor Adam's, Alpha queen. It's a pleasure to meet you." He greets me with respect as he shakes my mate's hand.

She giggles and it sends shivers throughout my body.

"You may leave now if that's all." I snap towards Dr. Adam's.

He jumps from my tone and nods. "Yes Alpha king, I shall take my leave now." He says nervously. "Alpha queen." He bows to my mate then leaves the room faster than he entered it.

"That was really rude Kane." She says with a frown looking at me.

I shrug, not giving a fuck as I sit on the edge of the bed as I hold my mate's hand. "I'll apologize later, right now I couldn't give a fuck."

She glares at me and I grin at her.

"You better." She glares playfully at me and I bend down to capture her lips.

Fuck I love when she glares at me.

"How are you feeling?" I ask her seriously as I study her eyes.

She hums thinking as she shrugs. "Like I've just been run over by a bus." She says with a giggle.

I kiss her hand as I frown at her choice of words.

"When will I be able to turn?" She asks curiously.

I sigh heavily. "Soon, you are accepting my blood way too fast, by tonight you will have a wolf."

She raises her brows and smiles widely and I just watch her, fuck. I love her.

"Really? Will I be able to talk to her? Like Dex?" She asks happily.

Dex gets happy as she says his name and wants us to come out, I refuse as she needs her rest.

Nodding I smile at my happy beautiful mate. "Yes, and I can finally talk to you without this." I grumble as I hold my phone out to her.

I fucking despise phones. I was reluctant to get one but once I found out my mate was human, it was surprisingly useful, now I can finally throw that shit away.

"Really? Like through the mind link?" She asks adorably.

"Yep."

She grins as she looks up at me with love and I look at her the same way. "Let's rest. You will need strength for the first shift." I state as I pull the blanket over my mate and tuck her in.

"Join me?" She asks shyly and I nod, removing my boots.

I climb into the bed behind my mate as I pull her gently towards my chest. I take in her scent like a drug as I stifle a loud groan.

She's so intoxicating.

"I love you mate." I whisper into her hair as I hold her tighter.

She yawns as she hugs my large arm hugging her stomach. "I love you more." She mumbles softy before her breathing steadies.

She fell asleep.

I relax my body and mind as I join my mate and have a quick power nap.

We are both going to need strength for what is coming.

Damn, I and Dex can't wait to see her wolf and share her first shift and run together.

We have come so far together, from the first time I shifted in front of her and now soon it will be her turn, words cannot come to mind at how much I adore this tiny human.

Closing my eyes I let sleep take me as I hug my mate's small body.

I dream of a tall forest in bloom in spring and my beautiful mate and her wolf beside me as we run through the trees.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 34 36
Caleb is your typical Alpha: merciless, powerful, dominant and possessive. Together with his pack he lives deep in the Canadian woods. Gemma is a tw...
100K 2.7K 39
Freya, born to Omega parents and unable to shift at sixteen, faced isolation and rejection. Alpha Dominic mated with her, then cruelly rejected her a...
688K 20.5K 25
"But... How can I be your mate?" She whispered, lowering her head. "I'm a human. Humans and werewolves can't be mates." Slowly, he reached for her fa...
34 0 7
Alexandra (Lex) McKenna is 21 and still has not shifted. A traumatic event has caused her wolf to stay dormant. Kane is dominant and possessive. He b...