𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑯𝒆𝒙 || 𝑳. 𝑳𝒂𝒖𝒇...

By st4rchxser

Y/N L/N was destined for nothing but a life with HYDRA. Created from experimentation, she because one of the... More

𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒙
𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒔𝒕
𝟙
𝟚
𝟛
𝟜
𝟝
𝟟
𝟠
𝟡
𝟙𝟘
𝟙𝟙
𝟙𝟚
𝟙𝟛
𝟙𝟜
𝟙𝟝
𝟙𝟞
𝟙𝟟
𝟙𝟠
𝑨𝒈𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒂 𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝑨𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈
𝟙𝟡
𝟚𝟘

𝟞

3.1K 110 121
By st4rchxser

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1960            𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THUD

Y/N and Loki lay in their beds, asleep, but a sudden thudding noise harshly wakes Y/N. She sits up quickly, whispering to herself, 'what was that?', she turns her bedside lamp on telepathically, and looks around the room, not seeing anything, she turns the light back off and lays back down under the comforter.

Another thud prompts her to turn the light back on, she looks around again, sees nothing, then turns the light back off. This movement caused Loki to wake, "Y/N? Are you using your powers to turn on the light?"

THUD

"Mhm, yes dear."

"Well allow me," Loki stands and turns the light on. Stopping at the window, he pulls back the curtain and looks out.

"What do you see, hun?"

"Only your lovely rose bushes you planted yesterday morning," he says, flattering her.

"Are you sure? Are you using your night vision spell?"

"Darling, calm yourself, I promise you everything is fine, I see nothing amiss. You have absolutely no reason to be frightened..." Loki looks out and is about to turn back to bed before there is another loud sound.

THUD

Loki yelps out Y/N gives him an odd look, "Mhm, you were saying."

"Yes, well, actually, I did overhear a couple of lads at work remarking on a few unsavory characters settling in the neighborhood. Now, who knows what those ne'er-do-wells might be up to? Robbing houses, vandalizing property," he states, a-matter-of-factly, while getting back into his bed.

"Unsavory characters? Walking through walls, changing their appearance at will, moving things without touching them?" She lists off.

"You can't be suggesting that my co-workers were talking about us?"

THUD

The recent thud caused Y/N to move their beds together, they were now sharing a king size bed, huddled close together with the blanket up to their noses. They wait another minute for another thud, but it doesn't come. They lower the blanket and Loki suggests that one of them should figure the noise out, Y/N agrees, giving Loki a side eye, suggesting that he should, but he doesn't catch on.

Another thud occurs and both look at each other with wide eyes, Y/N rolls her eyes and gets out of the bed, "For goodness sake, I'll look."

She walks over to the window and pulls the curtain back, revealing a branch beating on the window. "Well, I think that was handled well," she said, brushing her hands together like she was cleaning them.

Her husband nods in agreement, "Yes, I must say I'm rather proud of myself. And look how you seized on the opportunity to redecorate," he states, looking at the new bed she created earlier.

Y/N smiles and walks over to her side of the bed and slips under the covers next to him, "Mmm."

The couple lay in silence for a minute before Loki speaks up, "Y/N dear?"

"Hm?"

"Get the lights."

She smiles and turns off the lights with her powers, while the two go underneath the blanket together

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Present Day       𝐒𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐃 𝐁𝐚𝐬𝐞
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are they- did they just- I-," Steve stuttered at the scene in front of him, clutching a bowl of popcorn in one hand and covering Peter's eyes with his other hand.

"Yes, virgin capsicle, they are 'fondue-ing'," Tony smirked at Steve, Tony knew the captain got uncomfortable with that type of thing. The super soldier's jaw dropped and he moved his hand from Peter's eyes to his own.

"Wha- Wha- Tony! I thought this was a family show!!" The other Avengers laughed and giggled at Steve's innocence.

"Or is it?" Peter asked between laughs, with a terrible imitation of a British accent, quoting Harry Styles. No one got his reference but he still thought it was funny.

The laughter died down, but Steve was still pouting in the corner of the couch. He has this head in his hands, not watching the show, but he could still hear faint theme song music in the background.

He looked up and saw Peter dancing to the song along with Scott and Darcy. The theme song ended and an image of Y/N and Loki were visible, they were standing in their living room.

The heroes watched as the visuals panned around the living room, showing different angles of the 1960s house. They all watched closely observing the scene in front of them, until Sam shouted, startling everyone in the process, "WAIT! STOP! Pause it!"

Sam scrambled to find the remote, while the others watched in confusion. He found it under a blanket and picked it up and paused it.

"Look!" He pointed at the show in front of him.

"Sam...what are we supposed to look at?"

"The TV!!"

"Okay..?"

"For a bunch of geniuses you guys are dumb as hell," Sam said, deadpanning his friends, "What if we tried to contact them, through the TV," he tried explaining, "We could set up equipment and try to get a message through, to try and stop Y/N."

The other's faces lit up in realization, "Ohhh! Yeah! That's a good idea!"

"Yeah, I know, that's why I said it," Sam said very sarcastically.

Darcy rushed out, pulling Tony, Peter, Bruce and Jimmy out with her. The group gathered some things and came back to the tent. They worked on connecting the equipment and setting it up, while the others watched Loki and Y/N practicing some kind of magic trick.

"Darling, the talent show fundraiser is the most important event of the season and it's our neighborly duty to participate. Plus, it's our chance to appear as normal as possible while doing so."

The others watched contently, while they set up a small communication station.

"Quickly! My brother is about to leave the house!" Thor rushed them, Tony turned around and deadpanned the god, "Well then, why don't you try and set up a communication station to contact your friend in a magical force field sit-com show set in the 1960's," Thor sunk back down in response, "Yeah, that's what I thought, pop-tart."

Peter noticed Thor's long face and walked over to him, "It's okay, maybe it will be better to just contact Y/N right now, we don't know what kind magic she has him under.."

Thor gave the young boy a smile, "Thank you, Man of Spiders, for your kind words." Peter smiled back and nodded, then headed back over to the equipment.

"Alright, I think we got it," Jimmy announced, placing a microphone perfectly on the table. Their heads darted towards the show as they heard a door slam shut, "Perfect, Loki just left, we should try to contact Y/N now."

They watched as Y/N started to tidy up around the living room, Jimmy and Bruce both started working as the others watched to see what would happen, on the show, they heard the TV making a static noise, Y/N froze, placing the things she had in her hands down on the couch, she pulled her hand up defensively towards her chest and cautiously turned around.

The image cut to a different angle, a side angle of her walking towards the TV. Bruce started to type faster, as did Jimmy, the others were on edge, wondering what she is going to do.

She tilted her head to the side a little, as her hands started to cast some kind of red energy. Nervously, Wanda backed up, but she hit the table with the computers, causing a connection with the TV in the hex. Everyone looked at her impressed, but she just shrugged.

The connection made more static noises come out of Y/N and Loki's TV. Y/N stared intently at the TV, before it sparked, making her take a step back. Jimmy noticed that the TV was finally doing something, so he reached for the microphone and spoke something into it, "Y/n. Can you hear me? Y/N."

From the episode, the viewers noticed that the static caused his words to break up. She looked at the TV with furrowed brows, before muttering "No," under her breath.

Y/N waved her hands and suddenly her and the living room were gone, the show cut to another screen, a commercial.

"What the hell did you do!" Bucky yelled at the 'technicians' and scientists. The equipment workers all looked at each other, with nervous faces, "We didn't do anything!"

"Why did it change? Where did she go?!" Bucky was growing impatient, he couldn't lose Y/N, she was the closest thing to a sibling he had, other than Steve. He couldn't lose her. He can't lose her.

Steve and Sam held him back from lunging onto their friends, Bucky thrashed around, trying to leave their grasps, until Natasha stepped in and held her hand up, signaling for him to stop.

"Bucky, compose yourself," she stared him down with a terrifying assassin stare, he calmed a little bit, "You are not the only one who is messed up by this. Learn to control yourself, I don't know if you noticed but some of us are just as hurt. Now let's finish this episode so we can help Y/N," she scolded him calmly as the others watched with their jaws almost hitting the floor at Natasha's calm, but bone chilling outburst.

Nat turned her focus back to the show, and everyone, scared for their lives, followed her lead.

The shot turns as a toaster pops on a counter, toasted bread coming into view. A man walks into frame and a series of tacky and old knick-knacks can be seen hung on the wall behind him.

A voice starts speaking over the video, the commercial man has a very enthusiastic voice, "Is your husband tired of you burning his toast?" The man walks to the side, where a woman stands next to a different toaster.

"Try our new and improved ToastMate 2000! It's the go-to for clever housewives."

"Say, this machine has some shine!" The commercial woman says excitedly with a 60s New Jersey accent.

"You said it! Set the dial and get the taste back into your toast!" The man says to the woman, making a demonstration.

The woman puts two pieces of bread in the ToastMate 2000. She presses a button on the front and it begins toasting the bread. The viewers get a close up of the toaster working as the camera zooms in.

"Top and bottom heating elements can handle anything-"

As he explains the features of the toaster, different foods appear on the screen.

"-from meatloaf, to cherry pie, to open-faced cheese sandwiches."

The toaster begins ticking. The screen shows the commercial man and woman watching the toaster. The beeping gets faster for a few moments before popping, food comes out, all toasted and cooked, and the camera pans up to the man and woman who are both smiling contently.

"The all new ToastMate 2000 by Stark Industries!" The man announces. The Avengers all hear the name and freeze, Steve and Peter both feel Tony tense up next to them, and Steve and Bucky, with their super soldier hearing, hear Tony's breath hitch. Tony's dad was a touchy subject.

They focus back on the screen and watch as the woman takes the toast out. The screen is cut to different shot of a ToastMate 2000 with text on screen.

Forget the past. This is your future.

The commercial ends and a new shot of Y/N comes on screen. Tony is still confused about the commercial they had all just watched. 'Why? What was the purpose of that?' and 'Why did she choose that commercial to air? Is she trying to send a message?'

No.

She is sending a message. Not trying to. She is sending a message.

Realization hit Tony, like the train hit Peter in Italy.

She's filtering everything that happens, that's why they couldn't find the crew that was sent in, that's why the drones were lost, that's why their helicopter lost connection, that's why the show cut to a commercial when they tried to contact her.

It all makes sense now.

Tony looked up at the screen to see Y/N talking to 'Agnes' and he came to an ultimatum.

Y/N needs to be stopped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Here's a new chapter for you!

I hope you're enjoying the story so far!

Any feedback on the story?

Question of the day: If you could control any Infinity Stone, which one would you choose?

I would want to control the Reality Stone or the Time Stone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 569 57
She chose to work for Stark, knowing that she was the best one for the role. She knew that her life would be different, working with the worlds most...
147K 4.4K 24
When sixteen year old Y/n L/n, a telekinetic orphan joins the Avengers, she is assigned as Loki's Mission partner. They are a great team, often makin...
9.6K 414 23
Y/N Stark was living a not so normal life. Sure, she did enjoy living with Avengers but most of the time it's just boring. Ever since she got her pow...
4.4K 133 33
Love is a dagger. It's a weapon to be wielded far away or close up so you can see yourself in it. It's beautiful until it makes you bleed. --------- ...