Unspoken Words - Mildcard - W...

By MaidenDemigod4Life

It's been two years since the first mission Missy and her team of Junior Heroics were on when she was just 12... More

Chapter 2 || Unprepared For Headquarters
Chapter 3 || Missy's Secret
Chapter 4 || Another Secret!
Chapter 5 || School DRAMA
Chapter 6 || We Only Last A WEEK Before Something Happens
Chapter 7 || Mission Missy
Chapter 8 || A Band Of Idiots
Chapter 9 || Finding Ojo
Chapter 10 || Another Broken Gazebo
Chapter 11 || We Rescue Missy
Chapter 12 || Miracles
Chapter 13 || Epic Heroic Smackdown
Chapter 14 || Epic Heroic Smackdown Part 2
Chapter 15 || Back to Earth
Chapter 16 || A False Belief
Chapter 17 || WHAT?! MORE?!
Chapter 18 || Back To School
Chapter 19 || Snack--Slap--Break
Chapter 20 || Confession Circle
THREEQUEL!
Update
THREEQUEL IS OUT!!!

Chapter 1 || A Morning Memory

4.7K 41 45
By MaidenDemigod4Life

MISSY MORENO

It always starts with an alarm blaring at 7 AM. 

Wake up, Sleepyhead! Wake up, Sleepyhead!

Then you always know it's time to go to the Heroic's headquarters, where you see every child who has powers that you're supposed to have, but somehow, don't. But it's all cool with me. They like having me as the leader, and it's fun to have some use in life. And luckily, it's just me who had to be powerless. I could only imagine what Wildcard would do if he didn't have powers.

Yo, Missy.

It was Wildcard. Talking in my brain again. It's not like we're telepathic, though. We would be if I wasn't powerless. Instead, we can only talk because of a joke gone way too far. Miss Granada punished them so hard for it. I remembered it like it was just yesterday.

-ONE YEAR AGO-

Miss Granada often left me in front of the classroom to supervise. She claimed I was a) the most responsible b) the most capable and c) least likely to blow up the whole building. So now, as I was reading my book like the bookworm I am, I heard scuttling. And I knew at least one student escaped past the metal door. I looked up from my book and examined the whole classroom.

Noodles and Wildcard were missing. Typical.

I picked up the little microphone connecting to the intercom. I knew exactly where they'd went.

"Noodles and Wildcard, please come back to the classroom and stop annoying the hall guards! You're going to get us all in trouble! And don't tell that up dog joke. It's awful."

I turned the intercom off and waited for Noodles and Wildcard to walk through the door. When they did, I smiled, walking over to them.

"You didn't think I wouldn't notice if you left, did you?" I raised an eyebrow.

"It's like you're a cop," Noodles scoffed.

"No wonder Miss Granada has you watch everyone all day! You know everything going on around here! It's like you installed chips in our head! You didn't even look up from your book when we were sneaking out!" Wildcard exclaimed.

"Sure, sure, sure. I have chips installed in all your heads so I can keep track of where you are. My dad should've done that a long time ago."

"It's like you can read our minds!" Wildcard whined, "It's not fair!"

"Says the boy with all powers," I coughed, smirking.

"Says the girl with excessive awareness of her surroundings," Wildcard returned the coughing.

"Stop it." I rolled my eyes playfully. "Go back to your work."

"Yes, princess." Wildcard bowed.

"Don't call me that!" I laughed.

WILDCARD

You see, after we had gone back to "work", I made sure Missy wasn't looking before I whispered to Noodles, who was sitting next to me.

"Wouldn't it be awesome just to freak her out for once?" I asked him.

"Why would we wanna freak Missy out?"

"Because she freaks us out everyday! She knows exactly where we are all the time."

"A Capella, did you do your dog voice again?" Missy laughed.

"How'd you know? You can't hear it!" A Capella frowned.

"It's normally not this quiet unless you're doing it. And Miss Granada's gonna..."

"Miss Vox! Please REFRAIN from using your voice! The dogs have invaded the building!"

"There." Missy smirked playfully. "You can howl at dogs whenever you want at our slumber party later tonight! Just make sure my house doors are LOCKED. I don't want a rabid dog eating all the food in my fridge."

"Kay Kay," A Capella sighed and turned back to her work.

It always puzzled me how Missy was able to keep everyone in line but no one seemed mad whenever she kept telling us to sit down, or to stop doing something. Even I couldn't get mad at her. And even I can admit that I'm a very irritable person... well, I wouldn't admit it out loud, at least.

"Yeah, I get your point," Noodles said when she had turned back to reading her book, "I heard about these chips you can insert into someone's head. They're like telepathy chips or something. Haven't been tested yet, but it'll sure give her a good scare."

"How do we put it in?"

"Well you tell me Mr. I Have Every Power," Noodles said, flailing his noodle arms and accidentally smacking Missy in the face, as well as scattering all the papers.

"Noodles!" Missy laughed and picked up the rest of the papers, setting them down where they should be on the desk, "You can wreck ALL the furniture you want when you get to my house, okay? But not here. Miss Granada can walk in anytime."

Noodles gave her the thumbs up and she smiled, turning back to her book.

"Yeah, we're definitely doing the chip," I snickered.

___

After we had watched two movies, it was 2 AM, and everyone had already fallen asleep. I took the chip in my fingers and inserted it gently into my head using the 'transparent fingers'. Then, I did the same for Missy. She shifted uncomfortably and I held my breath. If Missy caught us doing it, we were TOAST. Instead, she went still again and I exhaled.

"Let's get some sleep," I said to Noodles, "But wake up early because we need to scare Missy."

___

I woke up and found Missy still asleep. So I stared at her and thought.

Hey.

Missy screamed and jolted awake.

"What the--" she yelped again when I said something else.

I can read your mind.

"What the heck?! Who's talking in my mind!"

I am.

"Holy cheese! Wha--"

You are definitely freaking out now, seer of 'all'.

"Missy? You're freaking out. Did you have a bad dream?" A Capella asked, frowning.

"Oh my goodness SOMEONE'S TALKING IN MY HEAD!" Missy yelled.

"Okay, you're hallucinating," A Capella chuckled.

"No, I'm not kidding."

She's not.

"AH! He literally just said it again!"

"Who just said it again?" Guppy yawned, stretching.

"Missy thinks someones talking to her in her head."

Yep.

"AH! STOP TALKING TO ME!"

"When did you go wacko?" Guppy frowned.

"Agreed," I said out loud and Missy turned sharply to me. She figured out.

"Oh shoot, man," Noodles giggled nervously.

"Explain. Now," Missy demanded.

"Okay, okay," Noodles held his hands up defensively, "You know how you always know what's going on with everyone?"

"Yeah?"

"And how we say you seem to have a chip installed in all our heads?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, we put a chip in your head."

"WHAT?! HOW DO YOU GET IT OUT?!"

"Great question..." Noodles checked the package.

"You didn't check the package?" I hissed to him.

"It didn't come to mind!" Noodles hissed back.

"So I'm stuck with a chip in my head connecting with him?" Missy groaned.

"Don't say it like that! Be happy! Now you know whether I'm thinking about freezing you or giving you another book!"

-FLASHBACK OVER-

"Missy! It's time to go to school!" Dad yelled from downstairs.

"Coming!" I yelled, grabbing a black tank top, black jean shorts, a black mesh outer jacket, and a black choker.

I NEVER ditch on the black look. It's just me. I walked downstairs and saw Dad cracking eggs into the sink again. I sighed, putting the bowl in the sink to catch the precious egg yolks and whites.

"I'm never gonna learn, am I?" Dad looked over at me.

"With you watching TV while you cook all the time, no."

"I love you," Dad laughed.

I poured some fruity pebbles into a bowl.

"Love you, too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53K 837 20
"π–πž 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐀𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐚𝐭 π›πšπ 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦" Mind the daughter Diego Hargreeves goes on a mission with friends and the new girl at hero...
17.1K 202 23
πŸ’žSECOND BOOKπŸ’ž I recommend reading Rewind Time first just so you know what happened last mission cause it's hinted in this story! Y/n and Rewind are...
22.9K 366 7
Y/n Y/l/n is a girl (she can be a boy if you want) who I the daughter of Y/m/n and Y/f/n. Those superheroes have lots of powers, basically they toget...
93.7K 1.9K 22
❝No doubt about it, it's a good day to save the world.❞ - There were a few who were born with exceptional powers. And when one possesses it...