The Difference Between Us •Na...

By potatoejung_

Never did Naruto think that a run would change his life so much. - More

♥note
♥01
♥02
♥03
♥04
♥05
♥06
♥07
♥08
♥09
♥10
♥11
♥12
♥13
♥14
♥15
♥️16
♥17
♥18
♥20

♥19

1K 45 39
By potatoejung_

🌕🌓🌑

Hinata looked at herself in the mirror. She couldn't breathe. There were jewels hanging from her waist to compliment her tail and she wore a black dress that covered her torso but had a sheer overlay that went past her tail. Her hair was decorated with small jewels and her lips had been stained a deep blue.

"Please tell me this isn't happening," she muttered to her mother, who had helped her dress herself. She was currently waiting for Naruto to respond to her, hoping they would figure out how to get here. "Should I just tell father the truth?" she turned to her mother.

Hiyori shook her head. "Not unless you want him to send you off to the deep." she said. "Or maybe he'd do something unspeakable to the boy." Hiyori offered instead which caused Hinata to flinch. The boy of course meant Naruto and Hinata didn't put it past her father to try and hurt Naruto if it benefitted himself. 

"Do not even think that, mother!" Hinata gasped and scolded her. "I just hope that everything will turn out well." she said exasperatedly as she sat next to her mother on the bed. There was a heavy knock at her door and then it was opened without even waiting for a response.

Once the door was opened it revealed the pale merman with striking teal eyes and silver hair. He had also been dressed for the occasion; in a black shirt that had puffed sleeves with a line of jewels cascading from his shoulders all the way down to his tail. "Hello, dear Hinata." he greeted. "Mother Hyuga," his eyes widened when he saw her but then bowed his head slightly. "Nice to see you." he said and closed the door behind him. 

There was an awkward pause after he swam inside, the atmosphere unsure. "Hi, Toneri," Hinata finally broke the silence. "Do not worry, my mother is aware of the situation." Once she had said that she could practically see the stress roll off his shoulders.

"Ah, good to know." he nodded slowly. "But what exactly is our situation? Will your beloved be making an appearance at our wedding?" Toneri asked with a teasing smile. Hinata then remembered that at the moment he knew less than her mother.  She let out a slightly frustrated sigh and went to squeeze her own cheeks to distract herself for a moment.

"I will be leaving during the ceremony. It is the only way to prove to my father that he does not have control over me. I cannot tell you much more because I do not wan to pose a threat to you or my mother. However, you must help my mother protect Hanabi if a fight is to break out. I ask only this of you, Toneri." she said quickly, feeling more and more anxious the longer that Naruto didn't contact her.

Toneri nodded one more and pulled Hinata into a tight hug. "No harm will come to Hanabi nor your mother. I swear it." he said gently, having sensed her tense nerves.

Hinata relaxed into his embrace for a moment, feeling comforted even if it was just for a fleeting second. After said second, there was a heavy knock at the door and then Neji appeared in the doorway.

"Oh. Toneri," he was taken aback by the two embracing as if it was the most alien sight to behold. "Everything has been prepared, both of you please follow me." he said sternly to the both of them.

Do we go now or wait? Naruto finally responded to her.

Now! Hinata screamed back desperately. Toneri is here and so is Sasuke's family. We will start in just a few moments time!

Both Toneri and her mother swam in front her sluggishly, trying to waste the most miniscule moments of time. Hinata also followed a few tail lengths behind as she began to feel her hands shake. The garden was in view, just outside the door.

We're on our way.

Hinata let out a deep sigh and now regretted not having the two of them come with her in the first place. Would they even be able to make it?

She felt tears well up in her eyes but just blinked them out into the water around her. Please hurry.

Her mother swam towards Hanabi while Toneri waited for Hinata in the doorway. Mikoto, Fugaku, and Itachi were also in attendance to support Hinata. Toneri's mother and father were in attendance as well. When Hinata took hold of Toneri's arm, she looked over their makeshift ceremony. Everyone seated in pink coral chairs except for her father who was standing in the middle of them all.

Where are you?! Hinata screamed, hopefully making her point. I cannot stop moving.

There was no response and Toneri placed his palm over her knuckles. "If your plan does not work, trust in me." he said quietly, using his magic to carry the sound waves to her ear.

Hinata nodded, hoping Toneri would somehow cause a commotion. But then feared that he thought she would willingly marry him when he knew that her heart belonged to another. Either way, she would have to trust him.

"Now, let us begin," Hiashi began. "Today is my eldest daughter's twenty-first birthday. As we all know, our clan is one of the most sought out and respected among the seven seas so for her and our protection, Hinata Hyuga and Toneri Otsutsuki will be bound to each other." 

Hiashi raised his hands and motioned for Hinata and Toneri to join hands as well. Hinata looked down at her hands. There was chipped black nail polish from when Sakura painted them a week ago was still on her nails and she bit her lip to not cry out. Toneri put his hands in front of her and the bluenette looked at her hands to his and then up at Toneri's eyes and back down at her hands.

"Hinata?" Hiashi called out to her and noticed her trembling lip. "Please, let us begin." he said, deciding she was just nervous.

Her pale eyes looked up at her father's own and she could see her reflection in his large eyes. This wasn't who she was anymore. "I..." Hinata couldn't let them begin. Once they began her magic would be bound to Toneri's. "Father... I do not..." her throat tightened up as she felt all eyes on her and she wished to just see Naruto. To be in his arms and to hear his voice.

"Hinata, you know why you have to do this. Do not cause a scene." Hiashi said, almost in a threatening tone. "You will be in danger of getting taken because of your powers."

Hinata moved backwards just a bit, trying to maybe buy just a moment or two more. One minute, that might just be what-

"I object!" she heard Naruto cry out. "Don't you dare say any vows or anything!" 

She whipped her head around and watched Naruto and Sasuke swim at them at full speed. She heard Mikoto gasp and her own mother cheer just a bit. Of course, no one understood him because he was speaking Japanese while they only knew mermish.

Naruto swam right in the middle of Toneri and herself and wrapped his arm around her waist. "I'm here to object. Are you the father?" he asked, panting just a bit.

There was a pause.

"Hinata, who the hell is this and what is he saying to me?" Hiashi asked, his tone more confused than angry.

"Sasuke!" Mikoto cried and swam to her son. She wrapped him in her arms and hugged him tightly. "My dear boy, you've come home."

Sasuke basked in the comforting embrace of his mother's arms for just a moment but then forced himself to pull away. "We will talk later," he said to his mother while also looking at Fugaku and Itachi. "I have not come home but just come to do the right thing." he said as he turned to Hiashi.

"Sir," he said. He pushed Hinata and Naruto to the side, trying to protect them. He also shoved that white haired dude he assumed was Toneri. "Hinata will not be wed today."

There could be fire seen behind Hiashi's eyes as Sasuke spoke to him. He turned to look at the blond merman once again with a raised eyebrow. "Sasuke Uchiha," he said lowly, glare returning to the merman in front of him. "You come here after abandoning your family and duties, refuse to marry my daughter, and now you're ruining her wedding day?" The veins around his eyes thickened and became more prominent. 

Sasuke noticed this and activated his own powers, eyes becoming red. Just as Sasuke opened his mouth to respond, Hinata swam in between them. "We do not need to fight," she said. "Can I please just explain everything?"

Hiashi and Sasuke were still staring at each other until Neji placed a hand on his shoudler. "Uncle, perhaps there is a reason for this. Should we go inside to discuss this?"

"No," Hiashi said sternly. "Explain in front of everyone. You are putting your entire family at risk, Hinata, the whole village. Your magic is supposed to be the most powerful magic in all of the seven seas and you know that magical bounty hunters of all kinds of magical species will come after you! They will not hesitate to hurt anyone who stands in their way unless you are wed and bound!" he spat, voice raising in volume.

Hinata furrowed her brows. "Only if I stay in the ocean!"

She heard everyone gasp as those words left her mouth. Naruto looked at everyone in confusion. They were just making rapid clicking noises like dolphins and he couldn't understand a thing. 

"What?" her father asked, voice ominously quiet.

Hinata gulped. "I do not wish to stay here," she said, regaining her confidence. "I will only be in harm's way if I stay in the ocean where I have to use my magic nearly daily. You and I both know that is the only way I could be tracked."

Hiashi's nostrils flared, and then he looked over at Naruto. "Why do you suddenly wish to leave? You know that this has been your fate since the day you were born." 

Hinata looked back to Naruto and reached out her hand to him. He quickly grabbed it and swam right next to her side. she locked eyes with her father and could already see his anger rising. "Because I love him, father," she confessed which gained another round of gasps. She turned and looked Naruto in the eyes and all he could offer her was a soft smile. "I do not wish to be bound to Sasuke nor Toneri. I am bound to Naruto Uzumaki Naruto and that will never change."

When she turned back to to her father, he was taking deep breaths as if trying to control himself. "Hinata, love does not exist in our world."

"But it does in mine." She stated, intentions clear.

"Hinata Hyuga!" he boomed, causing Naruto to flinch. "You will not turn your back on this family, on your duty as the next family leader! You, and either of you!" he pointed to both Sasuke and Toneri. "You have the potential to be the most powerful family in the ocean and gain respect from all!"

"But that is not what any of us want! We want to live freely and happily with the person of our choosing!" Hinata shouted back, letting go off Naruto hand and swimming right into her father's face. "And-!" she was cut off by a forceful slap across her face. Hinata was carried by the waves Hiashi's arm had caused backwards and landed in the middle of the aisle on the floor.

It was silent, everyone in shock by Hiashi's actions. "Sister!" Hanabi swam up to her. Hinata had tears in her eyes and cupped her bruised cheek. Toneri and Sasuke also swam to Hinata and the Uchiha confused why Naruto didn't do the same.

"I-I am fine, Hanabi," she sniffled, turning back to face her father. "Go back to mother, I do not want you to get hurt."

Hanabi didn't listen and stayed by her sister's side but Toneri pulled her away and went to Hiyori, keeping is promise to Hinata. He would not betray her trust after what her father just did.

"Hinata, are you okay?" Sasuke checked her face and winced at the bruise that was already forming from the sheer force of Hiashi's hand. "We'll get out of here soon, promise." he said to her in Japanese.

 Hiashi swam up to her slowly and was right at the end of her tail. "Get up, Hinata," he said harshly. "You suddenly have all of this bravery to defy me and leave behind your entire life, so get up and face me."

Sasuke glared at the man but helped Hinata to be upright in the water. Her tail suddenly felt like it weighed two ton and she felt dizzy. 

"Hiashi," Fugaku interjected. "That's more than enough. Leave the children be. What comes to them is no longer your concern if this is the way they choose to live." he said, trying to alleviate the quickly rising tension. Hiashi paid no attention to him, his eyes set on Hinata. "Hiashi!" 

"Stay out of this, Uchiha!" he shouted back, finally looking away from Hinata. "She's my daughter and your son is ruining everything!" Sasuke had his arm placed in front of Hinata, suddenly fearing that if anyone was to get hurt here it would be her. "And you bring this merman, who I assume is a land dweller if you want to live there so badly, with no status!" Hiashi pointed back at Naruto who was frozen in place, fists shaking at his sides. "If you bond with him he won't be able to protect you!"

"You do not know what you are even saying!" Hinata screamed. "He loves me and has given me everything since he has come into my life! It shouldn't matter if he can protect me because we will not live in the ocean! We will live on land!"

"If he loves you so much," Hiashi said, voice low. "Why is Sasuke the one in front of you?"

All eyes were suddenly on the orange tailed merman and Hinata had no answer to his question. She looked at Naruto with wide eyes and felt her hands begin to tremble. "Naruto?"

Hiashi just scoffed and in a quick motion, grabbed Sasuke by the wrist and threw him in the direction of the Uchiha family. Hinata gasped and watched Itachi catch him but hold Sasuke back as soon as he tried to swim back to Hinata. Itachi knew that Sasuke was going to do something reckless.

"Do as I say, Hinata," Hiashi offered his hand to her, to continue the ceremony and let this be forgotten. "and you can live a perfect life here in the ocean."

Hinata felt all the energy in her body fade from her when Naruto remained frozen in place, merely floating in the water. She looked into her father's eyes and decided that there must be a reason for Naruto's lack of response. There had to be. He loved her and she loved him.

She curled his fingers back into his palm and pushed it to his chest before letting out a deep sigh. "Life is not meant to be perfect, father."

Hiashi pursed his lips and let out a guttural sound. "Is this who I raised you to be?! You're supposed to be something!" he barked, raising his hand once more. Hinata squeezed her eyes shut, trying to prepare for the impact. 

When she heard the slap but didn't feel it, she slowly opened her eyes. Her father's hand was still raised but he was straining against something. That something was a bubbling red aura that held a tight grip on his wrist. Suddenly her father was slammed against their house and a shriek came from someone at the gathering.

"Don't," Naruto hissed through his teeth, in perfect mermish. "Ever lay a hand on her again."

Hinata's eyes widened when she took in Naruto's appearance. His body had been overtaken by a red protective entity. She slowly swam up to him, ignoring practically everyone advising against it. When she got closer to him, she could see that his pupils had thinned into slits and eyes were now fierce red. His lips were black and the beloved whisker marks on his cheeks were now thickened.

"Naruto," she said softly, trying to break him from the trance he was in. "I am okay."

"No," he said, eyes still trained on Hiashi where he was struggling to get upright. "He-he hurt you, Hinata. No one is going to hurt you ever again." Naruto then reached out to her and pulled her against his body, causing her to also be engulfed in the aura.

Hinata flinched when she touched him because he was burning up. "My love," she said to him, reaching up to kiss his chin. "Look at you. You are protecting me, you are so strong. But I need you to calm down, you have shown how capable you are of taking care of me."

Naruto finally looked down at her and when their eyes locked, his eyes returned to their normal shade of blue but pupils and everything else remained the same. "Oh my god," he gasped. "I-I wasn't in control of my own body. Did I hurt you?" he asked, hand cupping her bruised cheek.

"Never," she assured him. "Can you think straight now?"

Naruto nodded and released Hinata, reading their bond and realizing she had a plan. She swam to her father who was still on the ground, leaving Naruto's protective bubble. 

Hinata looked down at him, veins around her eyes raising. Her hair suddenly began to float all upwards and then there were large blue flames on each of her palms. The flames then shaped themselves into lions that had their very own roars as they grew larger and larger. Hiashi's eyes widened and he scooted away from her.

"Now father," she said lowly. "If Naruto did not just prove that he himself can in fact protect me, I assure you that I can protect myself."

The water around them began to crackle from the sheer force of her powers and Hiashi moved to be upright and at her level. He had no words and then looked over at everyone. All eyes looked at him disapprovingly, even his own family's.

"Do we have an understanding?" she asked him, cocking her head to the side.

"It seems that I have no choice but to." he said, voice smaller than usual.

And then everyone cheered and Hinata could finally breathe.

🌕🌓🌑

Naruto held onto Hinata tightly and watched as Mikoto and Itachi interrogated Sasuke on this Sakura girl. Everyone had gone to the Uchiha residence to cool off and just be together. Everyone except Hiahsi of course. 

"Is your cheek okay?" Naruto asked, turning her chin to face the light. "Gosh it's such a big bruise." He whined.

"I am fine, honestly, I just have to wait for my mother to prepare the healing solvent and it will be gone by the time we return home." Hinata responded, batting off Naruto's hand. "Just hold me."

"No need to ask."

Naruto wrapped his arms tighter around her and pressed a soft kiss to her temple. They basked in the laughter of the Uchiha's reunion and the light mingle of her family and the Otsutsuki's. Naruto was thankful for whatever powers he had gotten earlier because now he could understand and speak mermish.

Time seemed to pass by rather quickly because it was suddenly time for them to leave unless they wanted Sakura to post their faces on a milk carton. Hinata's mother had slathered the solvent an hour ago and now the bruise was gone but unfortunately the soreness was still there. 

"I am excited to one day meet this Sakura," Itachi said. "You will meet my lover, Izumi, on your next visit. You are able to come back now with no fear, okay little brother?"

Sasuke let himself smile. "Of course."

He hugged his brother and mother and even his father who was never one to be affectionate. The trio swam out, all of them deciding that using Sasuke's teleportation would be best. As they swam away, there was suddenly calls for them.

"Wait!" Mikoto yelled. "Wait, come back!" She swam towards them and they to her.

"What is it, mother?" Sasuke asked, hand reaching out for hers.

Mikoto caught her breath and looked to Hinata. "My dear girl, you're the daughter that I never had and I want nothing but your safety." She began. Hinata looked at Naruto then Sasuke and then quirked a brow, waiting for her to continue.

"I have to agree with your father that being bound to someone is the only way to be completely protected from the hunters." Mikoto stated.

"Mother Uchiha," Hinata said, tone tired. "Please don't-"

The ravenette cut her off with a wave of her hand. "You can choose you are bounded to." she said with a meaningful look on her face. Mikoto then looked to Naruto and while the blond was usually slow at these kind of things he immediately understood.

"Hinata," Naruto grabbed her hand. "Marry me. Right here, right now."

"Wh-what?" Hinata gasped. She looked around as if he could possibly be talking to anyone else.

"I mean it," he pulled her towards him. "I love you and that's all I need to know. We have our whole lives ahead of us and I don't want to waste a minute of it without being right by your side."

Hinata couldn't seem to catch her breath all of a sudden and looked to Sasuke. He merely shrugged but had an obvious smile on his face. "This is crazy." Hinata said, looking back to Naruto. "You are crazy."

"Oh, for sure," Naruto laughed. He then reached for her other hand and pulled her even closer, chests now pressed against each other. "Please say yes. Will you marry me?"

Hinata felt her heart set on fire and soar through the water around them. She looked around them and noticed everyone at the doorway, waiting for her answer. Sasuke had his hands covering his face while Mikoto had a face splitting smile.

She looked back to Naruto and could only say one thing. "Yes."

🌕🌓🌑

Naruto was with Fugaku, being walked through the ceremony, with Sasuke right there next to him. Hinata was inside with her mother, everyone else outside. 

"Do you regret being bound to my father?" Hinata asked as her mother adjusted the jewels in her hair. She felt her mother freeze for a second.

"No," she said. "I wasn't in love with him and now I'm not sure if I ever was." Hiyori answered honestly. "But," she cupped Hinata's face. "Without him I wouldn't have you or Hanabi so how can I ever regret something that gave me something so beautiful?"

Hinata let out a soft laugh and wiped her tears. She hadn't been able to stop crying ever since she said yes. Things from there were a whirlwind. Everyone moved to get the ceremony done as soon as possible since they still had to return home quickly. And now, fifteen minutes later, Hinata was preparing to swim down the aisle to the love of her life.

Itachi lined the aisle with small red lights from his magic and Neji prepared blue balls of light above Naruto. It was rather simple but it was all Hinata could ever want. She swam to Naruto and he had on the brightest smile she had ever seen.

Fugaku motioned for them to join their hands and this time, there was absolutely no hesitation.

"We are here to witness Hinata Hyuga and..." Fugaku paused, just now realizing he didn't know Nauro's last name. Hinata leaned up and whispered it in his ear. "And Naruto Uzumaki Naruto," Sasuke let out a shout of laughter. "In the most powerful magic known to us merfolk. Matrimony."

He grabbed a scale off of Hinata's tail and then one from Naruto's. Fugaku closed them in his palms and muttered something in old mermish. He opened his palms to reveal a glowing string that wrapped itself around Naruto's and Hianta's wrists.

"We are not a sentimental kind," Fugaku said but then smiled. "But if the past twelve hours have taught us anything it's that we should be. So, is there anything you would like to say before I complete the ceremony?"

Hinata looked up at Naruto with teary eyes. "Naruto, from the moment I met you, I knew my life was going to change. I was looking for someone who I was supposed to be with not knowing that you were the one I was meant to be with all along. I cannot wait to return to Konoha and start our new life together, free of worry. I love you, Naruto Uzumaki Naurto." She said, voice trembling the entire way through. Naruto's own lips were shaking but he mustered through it.

"Hinata, you have taken my life by storm. I was so confused when I met you and I could never seem to say no to you. There is a million things I want to say to you but, my mermish is limited." Hinata let out a bit of laughter. "I guess the main thing I want to say is thank you. Thank you for showing me what love and laughter really is. You could tell me that I taught you all these crazy things but," he inhaled sharply. "You shown me a whole other world. I love you more than words could ever say, Hinata Hyuga."

Naruto resisted the urge to kiss her right then and they both turned back to Fugaku. He smiled and the two of them and raised their hands. "You are bound to each other for as long as you both shall live." he said and suddenly there was a burst of light over their joint hands and the string dissolved into their skin. "Congratulations." Fugaku said.

The group erupted in whooping and cheers and Naruto pulled Hinata to him. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders and they finally, finally, kissed. 

☁️⛅🌤️

As soon as they returned to land, they were greeted with a fresh blanket of snow against their naked skin. Sasuke reacted the quickest and magic'ed them all clothes. They all looked at each other for a moment before bursting into a fit of laughter after recalling the events of Hinata's twenty-first birthday.

They got up and dusted the snow off their bodies and made their way to Sasuke's car. Naruto was never so happy to have wet hair in the snow.

next chapter is the last!! please comment and lmk how we all are feeling after this roller coaster! It was so much fun to write!! i love you guys <3

super unedited :D

ok i published this a litttle prematurely lol

here are pictures that are pretty much what i envisioned for naruhina! creds to artistsss

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE see y'all in the next chap <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

812 31 11
Budding romance in the leaf between Kakashi & Sakura Sasuke is not a fan.. how crazy will he get when he sees them together And what lengths will he...
84.9K 2K 12
NOTE: This story has been discontinued. Sasuke kidnaps Sakura in the hopes that she will conduct the surgery needed to save his sight. Sakura thought...
76.6K 1.6K 18
-Completed- Started: February 20, 2020 Finished: May 20, 2020 The forth great ninja war has ended, leaving countless deaths and injuries, both to shi...
7.1K 164 18
One incident, just one small incident changed Naruto's point of view. He realised that he doesn't likes Sakura anymore. Instead he slowly started to...