Masked Attraction

By taylorcelanturxx

Emma Barnes is a shy sophomore with a predictable life. Struggling with anxiety and focusing on her parent's... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Kappa Alpha Society
Chapter 2: He Won't Fall For It
Chapter 3: Your Fate Is Sealed
Chapter 4: Oops
Chapter 5: Dancing
Chapter 6: You're On
*Characters*
Chapter 7: I'll Just Add Myself
Chapter 8: I Lied
Chapter 9: You Always Eat My Pizza
Chapter 10: Bashy
Chapter 11: He's Only Cute if I'm Drunk
Chapter 12: I Can Sing Better Than the Band
Chapter 13: Doritos
Chapter 14: Girlfriend?
Chapter 15: I Can Totally Pull Off a Mustache
Chapter 16: Barista
Chapter 17: Model Emergency
Chapter 18: Man Spreading
Chapter 19: Flavor
Chapter 20: Out of Your League
*Pictures*
Chapter 21: Movers
Chapter 22: Mini Castle
Chapter 23: She's a Little Scary
Chapter 24: Steam Coming Out of Her Ears
Chapter 25: Kiss Me
Chapter 26: Munchkins and Midterms
Chapter 27: Sebastien John Reed
Chapter 28: Wrong Feelings
Chapter 29: Mushy Gushy
Chapter 30: Scream Music
Chapter 31: Big Bad Wolf
Chapter 32: Good and Dandy
Chapter 33: Pancakes
Chapter 34: Karaoke Night
Chapter 35: Slacker Cookies
Chapter 36: Turkey
Chapter 37: Victor
Chapter 38: Did That Happen?
Chapter 39: On A Break
Chapter 40: Dumplings
Chapter 41: Strike
Chapter 42: I'll Bite You Too
Chapter 43: The Grinch
Chapter 44: Me, Myself & I
*Extra Pictures*
Chapter 45: Everything Okay?
Chapter 46: Old Sellers
Chapter 47: Deathtrap
Chapter 48: Bubble Bath
Chapter 49: Boy Toy
Chapter 50: Masked
Chapter 51: Attraction
Chapter 52: Everybody Knows
Chapter 53: You are Crazy
Chapter 54: Striped & Solids
Chapter 55: Goodbye
Chapter 56: Dragon Tattoo
Chapter 58: Bewitched
Chapter 59: Parents
Epilogue
THANK YOU NOTE <3

Chapter 57: Engaged

5.9K 157 11
By taylorcelanturxx

"Okay, that was seriously a different language."

I laugh at Bash's absurd expression as we walk out of my lecture. "No it wasn't, it was just science," I reply.

At that, his phone begins to ring and he quickly answers it.

"What's up Matt?"

I stop and huddle into the corner of the hallway columns and he stops with me his phone against his ear. He distractedly twirls a piece of my hair as he listens to Matt. Bash's face suddenly turns to stone and he drops my lock of hair. He closes his eyes tightly and hangs up.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask, but he doesn't open his eyes. "Bash?" I ask urgently.

He finally looks at me. "Sorry. Sorry. I was just thinking."  He takes a deep breath. "Carl proposed to my mom."

My eyes widen. "What?"

"Yeah, Matt just told me."

"What ar- how are you feeling about that?"

"I mean honestly, I don't care that much. Nothing will change. Carl already has been living and paying for the house for years. I just," he sighs deeply, "I am worried."

I swallow. "About your dad?" I whisper.

"Yeah. I don't know how he will take this."

I rub his back. "I hope he will be okay."

Bash makes a weak smile. "He most likely won't."

***

After we got back from class, Bash asked if we could go visit his dads for just the night. After grabbing all our stuff we drive down to our houses first. As soon as we pull up, I notice Matt angrily storming out of their house.

Sebastien parks his car and runs out to him.

"Matt?"

"Victor is off the fucking rails! He showed up at the house. He is such a lunatic."

Bash's face transforms to rage. "Shut up, Matt! He is not a lunatic."

"What is wrong with you?" Matt shoves Bash. "He was just sitting on the porch for hours waiting for mom before I had to force him to leave. He is insane. I am not siding with Carl, but come on. Victor is not all there, you know that."

Bash's spines goes rigid and his fists tighten.

"Don't call him Victor, Matt. And there is nothing wrong with dad. Stop saying that! He has a mental illness, yeah, but that does not mean that there is anything wrong with him. Stop slandering his name. It's people like you who give mental illness the bad rep. Grow. Up," Bash spits out and takes a step forward. "Stop taking your anger out on dad. He didn't leave us. He was forced to leave, but he never left us."

Matt's face falls, his body losing all its anger. "I didn't mean-... I am sorry. You're right. There isn't anything wrong with him just because he has bipolar. I am just- I don't know man. Lately, I am pissed off at everything and he is the easiest to blame." Matt kicks a rock.

"It's not me you should be sorry to." Bash crosses his arms.

Matt huffs out loud. "Yeah, I don't think I am ready for that conversation."

"Whatever Matt," Bash mumbles.

"I'm sorry Bash. I am. I will be alright. I am heading to Pete's. I need to get out of that white picket house for awhile."

Bash pauses. "You can't be angry at mom forever either."

Matt glances back at the house. "Yeah, I know." He turns his attention back to Bash. "I am going to try okay? As much as I hate to admit it, you're right. It's time to move past this shit."

"Do you want to go out? We can do something to get your mind off everything?"

"Nah, I'll be fine. Pete and his girlfriend were going to order pizza and smoke so I am going to hang there," Matt replies but stops to pat Bash on the shoulder. "But thanks. How about me, you, and Emma hang this weekend, alright? Maybe-" he breathes in deeply, "maybe you can even bring me to visit dad."

Bash's eyebrows raise. "I will ask Emma, but I would really like that Matt."

Matt nods. "Okay, that sounds good. I'll see you later Bash." He walks off to his truck.

I finally step out of Bash's car not wanting to intrude before. "Do you think he is going to be okay?" I ask Bash once Matt's truck pulls away. "His mood seemed to change a lot in those few minutes."

"Yeah, I think so. We never really talk about our family stuff, but I think it is time we do. I think this could be good to finally clear the air."

"That's really great to hear," I say smiling up at Bash and he grabs my hand and kisses the roof of it. Another worry pops back up in my mind and I lightly tug on his arm. "Come on, we should go visit your father," I say concerned.

He nods his head and we hop back in the car. We drive silently but I hold Bash's hand hoping everything will go smoothly.

As we pull up Victor's lights are on so we walk up to the door knocking. Victor swings open the door.

"Bash! Emma! You're here! What a pleasant surprise come in," Victor says a grin on his face, and opens the door.

I turn to Bash surprised at Victor's happy state and Bash just shrugs back shooting me an anxious expression.

We both follow Victor in and sit on the couch across from him.

"So how are my two favorite people doing?" Victor asks casually. He looks normal his clothes are a little mix-matched, but he otherwise appears collected.

I blush a little from his comment and Sebastien absentmindedly grabs my hand. I spot Victor's attention drop down to it a smirk edging on his lips.

"We wanted to check in on you to see if you are okay with everything..." Bash starts gently.

"I am doing well son. What is this?" Victor mutters eagerly pointing at our hands.

Bash turns to me and smiles. "We are dating."

Victor's mouth drops before an earth shattering smile breaks across his face. He jumps up. "My future daughter-in-law!"

My face beams red.

"Dad!" Bash blurts out his eyes wide.

"Shh-shhh don't spoil this for me." Victor runs over and kisses us both on the forehead. "Oh! We should celebrate! I got pie!"

"Oh my god," Bash mutters and covers his face with his hand. His cheeks start lightly blushing and I can't stop myself from giggling.

Victor comes back out with a blueberry pie and three forks. "So now since we're family," he nudges my shoulder with a wink, "we share."

"We shared before dad."

Victor shoots him a mock stern look and Bash waves his hands in surrender.

"Let me have my moment son."

Bash chuckles. "Whatever you say." We all dive in spooning several mouthfuls before Bash pauses.

"Dad, how are you taking the engagement?" He asks seriously.

"It'll be fine," Victor replies blankly.

Bash clears his throat. "You know I been thinking a lot lately about some stuff from my classes. I learned about this AA program in Maryland, it's is for adults and also offers college courses and living. I think it would be the perfect fit for you."

Victor puts down the fork. "Maryland? That's quite far son."

"I know but did always say you wanted to see Washington D.C. I think it's time you move on from here. Start over."

Victor stares a long time at his plate. "Your mom and Carl, they're not separating are they?" He utters randomly.

Bash briefly meets my eyes before responding, "No dad, I really don't think so."

Victor's eyes shut tightly closed before opens them with a tight nod of his head. He clears his throat, "And if I go, you'll come to visit?"

"Every weekend."

A small smile appears on Victor's face. "Then give me the number, I'll call tomorrow."

***

As soon as we get back to his house. Sebastien starts showering me with kisses. I giggle uncontrollably.

"Bash," I laugh.

"That went so well. I am in such a good mood right now and it is all because of you."

I smile. He's beaming, he looks so happy.

"Thank you Emma."

I rub the scruff on his jawline. "I didn't do anything," I whisper.

"You did everything. You are everything." He presses his lips against my forehead.

***
*author's note*
It was my birthday weekend yay!! I had some cake and FaceTimed my family.

Thank you for your patience and for continuing the story with me! I appreciate all of you very much ☺️❤️ Vote and comment :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 5.4K 47
In which two competitive culinary students get under each other's skin in all the right ways. * * * ʙᴏɪʟɪɴɢ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ (ɴᴏᴜɴ): ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴀᴛ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴀɴɢᴇʀ ᴏʀ...
26.1K 4K 69
Veronica is just a regular girl. A girl with big dreams for a perfect future. A girl who craved finding true love and not just the idea of it. A girl...
36.1K 1.2K 35
The story revolves around Emily Heartwood, who is hopelessly in love with her classmate, Vincent Zaphyr. Only if it was just a crush. Talking about...
5.7K 90 8
After the mysterious death of her father, Violet, a determined young woman, moves to London to uncover the truth behind his death. Living in a small...