Lifetime: m.sn x k.dh

By saidatruez

Lifetime: In a world where I was yours A story aligned by the stars, where two lovers were meant to be for ea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Visit
Chapter 2: Finding my peace
Chapter 3: The painting
Chapter 4: The diary
Chapter 5: Alive
Chapter 6: Back to the start
Chapter 7: What did I do?
Chapter 8: Again
Chapter 9: Freedom stage
Chapter 10: Friends
Chapter 11: The more the merrier
Chapter 12: Bonding
Chapter 13: Open
Chapter 14: Lullaby
Chapter 15: Feelings
Chapter 16: Worried
Chapter 17: The confession
Chapter 18: Blooming love
Chapter 19: Our friends know now
Chapter 20: Should we?
Chapter 21: Mother
Chapter 22: Fight for us
Chapter 23: Detestation
Chapter 24: To flee
Chapter 25: Lifetime
Chapter 26: Reality
Chapter 27: Her
Chapter 28: In your arms
Chapter 29: Confirmation
Chapter 30: Pretend
Chapter 31: About last night
Chapter 32: It's not a date
Chapter 33: Forget
Chapter 35: Weird
Chapter 36: You're a mystery
Chapter 37: A familiar sight
Chapter 38: Your first love
Chapter 39: Written in the stars
Chapter 40: Changes
Chapter 41: Day one
Chapter 42: Just another dream of mine
Chapter 43: Burnt paintings
Chapter 44: Because of nightmares
Epilogue
fin.
Lifetime: special chapter

Chapter 34: Date

520 48 3
By saidatruez

Sana's POV

Dahyun dragged all the way to the back of the campus.

"We are not allowed to be here," I told her.

"That's why I go here. No one goes here," She responded.

"Now, shut up and follow me," Dahyun added and kept walking forward.

I followed until we reached a gate.

I studied here for a long time, but I don't know about this.

Dahyun then carefully opened the gate and signaled me to go out.

I followed her and went out.

"How do you know about this?" I asked Dahyun as we walked the street.

"I used to explore in this school, and found that place," She answered.

"Where do we go now?" I asked again.

"There's a café nearby. Maybe I need caffeine today," She answered as I just nodded.

We headed to the café she was talking about.

I remembered the time we first met.

The time when destiny decided to let us meet.

The day I first laid my eyes on her.

The first person to make me feel butterflies, to make my heart flutter like there's no tomorrow.

And I still treasure those memories.

"Are you alright?" A voice suddenly asked, bringing me back to my senses.

"Y-Yes," I answered.

She opened the door and signaled me to go inside.

We also found seats so we sat down.

"What would you like to order?" She asked.

"I'm paying, Dahyun," I answered.

"I was just asking about your order, would you like me to pay?" She responded.

"Just give me the money, I'll order," She added as I took out my wallet from my bag's pocket.

Where is it?

I placed it here.

"Is everything alright?" She asked, handing her hand out, waiting for me to hand her the money.

"I-I may h-have forgot it," I answered, starting to feel embarrassed.

"Don't worry, I'll pay. You owe me though," She said as I just nodded.

"I'll order what you order," I said, as she headed to the counter.

Is she really this kind?

She was not really like this.

Dahyun is usually the type of person to not care.

And if she does care.

Does she act like this because she wants to?

Or was she forced to act like that?

"Hey, here's your coffee," She spoke, disrupting my many thoughts.

"T-Thank you. I'm sorry, I'll pay next time," I said as she sat down on her seat.

"How are you sure that there is a next time?" She asked again, taking a sip of coffee from her cup.

"Well, you paid for this. So technically, this is a date now," I answered and looked at her who looks like she choked on her coffee.

"This isn't. You just forgot your money. So you have to pay me back," She responded, still coughing as if she was sick.

"I had too many problems today, Dahyun. And you told me that we should forget about them today. Calling this a date would somehow make me feel better," I teased again.

She sighed.

"You can just pay me when you get your money."

"Do you not want me to be with you?" I asked her.

"It's not like that. I mean, we will be busy, and I don't want to be an addition to your problems," She answered.

"In simpler terms, you care about me, don't you?" I teased.

"I'm not supposed to care for a woman I don't know," She coldly responded.

Right.

I don't really know her.

"Then, let's get to know each other," I unexpectedly said.

She raised her eyebrows at me, her eyes were widely opened.

"So, Dahyun Kim, what do you do for a living?" I asked.

"Are you kidding me right now?" She asked, while my eyebrows furrowed, almost colliding.

"I'm not! We should at least know something. Someone may ask about you through me, and same goes to you," I answered seriously. Well, not really serious. Just acting like I was.

"Asking me about my fake girlfriend is somehow disrespectful. I'm certain that they won't do that," She spoke the truth.

She's really smart. 

"I'm Minatozaki Sana. Well, you know that we study at the same university. I love going to parties and meeting people," I said, simply introducing myself.

"It's not that hard to introduce yourself," I added.

I heard her sigh before saying in a plain, cold voice, "You already know me. Kim Dahyun, I don't like introductions nor meeting new people."

I started a conversation with her. Fortunately, she responded to my simple questions about her.

"Others say that you used to have friends, why do you cut them out your life? Do you hate them?" I suddenly asked, realizing that it was a somehow sensitive and personal question.

"I used to be a selfish person, Minatozaki. Or maybe I still am. You see,  cutting people off your life means that you're letting go of that person, and the memories that caused you to be someone, it's not because I hate them. Hatred towards someone is something that builds in you through time," She explained.

"That was long," I said.

"So why did you cut them. off?" I asked again.

"It's because I wanted to change," She whispered to herself. Yet, it was silent enough for me to hear.

"Do you still care about those people?"

"You ask too many questions. I still care for those people until now. I just don't show," She responded as I just nodded.

Is she annoyed? What should I do?

I think it would be better to just stay quiet, than ask anything that might lead to another personal question.

"Let's go now, we've been here for hours already?" She asked while she looked at her watch, making me look at my phone.

Hours of me asking her questions?

"Can we at least walk around that park nearby," I requested.

"You left your car at school, we should go there," She said.

"You left your car there too, I guess," I responded, trying not to make things awkward again.

"I didn't bring my car today, I'll commute," She said.

"I'll go with you," I answered.

"Are you sure?" She asked, as I just nodded.

"Let's walk around the park," I then excitedly said before holding her wrist, and leading her to the nearby park.

"Why would you like to go here?" She asked as we reached the park.

"I just wanted to see something," I answered, and continued walking along the path, beside her.

It was not a long walk, obviously. It's just a small park.

LIke the ones Dianne and I used to go to.

Then I saw an empty bench, with no trees nor structures ruining the view so quickly went there.

Dahyun sat beside me, probably wondering why I stopped walking.

"I wanted to see the sunset," I spoke, sighing as I remembered the times when we used to do this everyday.

"Do you perhaps, miss someone?" She suddenly asked, making me shocked about her question.

"How did you know?" I asked her.

"You look at the sunset as if someone introduced you to it," She answered.

"How are you supposed to determine how someone looks at something?" I asked again.

"Your eyes were longing for someone. You probably want someone to return to you," She said.

What kind of sorcery is this?

"Have you ever looked at the sunset like how you described?" I asked while she shook her head.

"I don't usually go out. But today's sunset is pretty," She answered before silence appeared once again.

It wasn't the awkward one, but the silence I needed to think.

It was calming.

We watched the sun set before our eyes as the moon replaced such beauty.

It wasn't too dark yet, but we have to go home now.

"Dahyun, let's go," I said and stood up. She then followed.

We went to a bus station nearby since our houses had a somehow far distance.

"Who were you longing for?" She suddenly asks me as we waited for the bus.

"Someone who woke me up," I simply answered.

Dahyun didn't dare to ask after that.

Did she feel that I was hurt?

The bus came. We got in, it started moving, and we were silent.

It's not really a long ride, but the bus is way cheaper.

And since I wasn't paying, I should not be a burden.

Minutes passed, I'll go down the next stop since it's the one nearest to my house.

And so we reached the stop. I stood up, got off the bus, and started to walk on the way back home.

Shit, I forgot to tell Dahyun goodbye.

But the bus had already left, I just have to continue walking.

Then I felt a figure following me from behind.

I looked behind me to see who it was.

Dahyun?

You were about to go home, why are you here?

"I-I just wanted to make sure you're fine with walking," She said, defending herself as I chuckled.

"I didn't ask why," I responded, making the atmosphere awkward until we reached my house.

"See you tomorrow, Dahyun. Thank you.. for today," I said.

"See you around, I guess," She responded and slowly walked away as I entered my home.

I then went straight to my room to change clothes before I eat my dinner.

I looked around to then see my wallet.

I left it here all along?

It's fine, I guess.

At least I had a date with Kim Dahyun today.

I smiled at the thought and went down to have dinner.

----------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

908K 32.3K 56
"You're annoying, idiotic and stubborn. I hate you." "Hm, we all know you mean the opposite Ms. Myoui." ~ ©️CubChaeng | Univeristy AU Hope you enjoy...
4.7K 213 25
Mina came back home after 5 years coz her parents have been stressing her out saying they aren't feeling well, as she comes home collective of events...
177K 7.7K 42
A world where war prevails and peace is just a mere imagination. This is what the Gods want, and they shall get it, at least that's what people think...
24.7K 505 64
This is Michaeng Oneshot A-Angst(angst pero happy ending) F-Fluff Everything in this oneshot is inspired by what i read but i will change some of it.