Standing Outside the Fire

By TheQuietHufflepuff

They averted the apocalypse, but, as usual, there are more issues and monsters to face. Sam, Dean and Franki... More

Aesthetic and Playlist
I
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
II
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
III
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
IV
61
62
63
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72

64

15 2 0
By TheQuietHufflepuff

[Slumber Party]

Sam and Francesca were working at the map table. The twins were asleep nearby. Sam had talked to Crowley before rejoining Francesca. Dean walked through the door upstairs.

"Hey. How'd it go with Kevin?" Sam asked.

Dean said, "Oh, that little nerd is a lovely warded hotel room in Branson. He's got about 48 hours of pay-per-porn and Kenny Rogers ahead of him."

"How's he feeling?" Francesca inquired.

Dean walked down the stairs while he spoke. "Well, he stared at the Angel Tablet and repeated the word "falafe" for the entire ride. Kid's cracked. I'm hoping this break will, uh, clear his head. You know, after everything that happened, I figured we could use a little break ourselves, so, I, uh, picked you up season one 'Game of Thrones'. Figured we'd get a little takeout."

Sam looked at him. "All right. Well, first, I think Frankie and I might have found a way to help Cas."

Dean looked in concern and asked, "Did either of you talk to him?"

"No," Sam and Francesca replied.

Sam continued. "And, by the way, we still don't understand why he left in the first place. Frankie's been wondering why. I mean, the bunker is the safest place for him. Bartholemew and -- and who knows how many angels are out there, gunning for him."

Dean pursed his lips. "Hey, look, nobody wants him here more than I do, okay? But, uh, he felt like he'd bring trouble down on us, so he had to split. But if you two got a way to help him, I'm all ears."

"All right. So, Kevin said the table lit up like a Christmas tree when the angels fell, right?"

"So?" Dean pressed.

Francesca looked at her husband. "So it turns out each light was where a cluster of angels fell. So Sam and I are thinking maybe there's some way to hotwire this, make it track angels. That way, we might be able to help Cas steer clear of danger."

Dean looked surprised. "This was... your idea?"

Sam looked around, slightly amused, while Francesca smirked lightly as Sam replied, "It was both our idea. Do you see anybody else in here?"

"So, how would it work?"

Francesca shook her head. "Oh, no idea. See, at first, we thought the table was the computer, but it's not. It turns out it's just part of it. We did find these cables underneath, and we followed them. You are never gonna believe what we found."

They came to a room full of electrical panels, shelves, and a huge, old computer. Sam, Dean and Francesca entered.

"Voilà," Francesca and Sam said.

"This is a computer?" Dean questioned.

Sam nodded. "Yeah -- or it was in 1951, when it was installed. Now, here's the crazy thing. It's not plugged into anything. I mean, we have no idea what's making this thing work."

The three of them walked around to the other side of the computer. Dean put his hands on the back of it and he said, "It's warm here."

Francesca looked around and found a flat screwdriver on the shelf behind her. She inserted it under the back panel of the computer and started jimmying it open. She gave a giant pull, and the panel popped off. She was sent stumbling back into the shelf behind her, before falling on her butt. She'd unknowingly knocked over a bottle containing gray liquid.

"Got it," Francesca told them. "Ow."

"You okay?" Dean asked, pulling her up.

"Sí, I'm okay. Thanks."

Sam looked at the back of the computers full of wires and unknown parts. "Huh."

"Well, that looks simple," Dean said sarcastically. "Does it come with a manual?"

"Nothing in the archives, and Frankie and I obviously couldn't find anything like it online, not to mention we're pretty sure the Men of Letters doesn't exactly have I.T. support anymore, either."

As they spoke, the gray liquid in the bottle started growing and moving.

"I think I know somebody who could help us," Dean replied. "Come on."

Francesca smiled, realizing who Dean was talking about.

They stood and left the room, and switched off the light. The bottle's lid popped off and the gray liquid spilled onto the floor and started to grow and climb onto the wall.

Dean and Francesca were sitting at the far table. Francesca's ankles were resting on Dean's. Both were holding an infant. The front door above them opened and Sam and Charlie entered and walked down the stairs.

"Here it is," Sam said.

Dean and Francesca smiled at Charlie as she waved at them and he said, "Hey. Thanks for coming."

Dean and Charlie hugged, then she hugged Francesca, then ruffled Talia and Oliver's hair.

"Not a problem, especially since I got fired last week," Charlie replied.

Sam set her bag on the table. "Hey, what? What happened?"

"Turns out the company I work for was outsourcing to child labor, so I took a big Wikileak all over that. And, yeah. It's cool, though. It's given me more time to focus on my hobbies... like LARPing, macrame, and hunting."

Dean and Francesca looked alarmed while Sam looked concerned.

"Excuse me?" Dean and Francesca questioned in sync.

"Okay. It was just a couple little cases. I took down a teenage vampire and a ghost... which sounds like a YA novel if you say it out loud."

Sam's voice took on a slightly concerned tone. "Charlie, how'd it go?"

"It was, uh... it was intense. But I kind of wish hunting was more... magical, you know?"

Dean rolled his eyes, Francesca let out a sigh, and Sam looked confused.

"Never mind," Charlie muttered. "So, where is this Commodore 64 of yours? And tell me; how's married hunting parenting life Dean, Frankie?"

Francesca smiled. "It's been good. The twins are sleeping, but you'll be able to interact with them later I'm sure."

They walked into the computer room and Charlie started geeking out over the old computer. "Sweet Ada Lovelace. This thing belongs in a museum. I mean, it's got encryption software. It seems to be powered by something magical."

"Skip to the end," Dean told her.

"It's kind of an alarm system. Global badness? It freaks. This computer is what locked this place down."

"Can we use it to track angels?" Sam asked.

"All right. Let me see what I can do."

Charlie fiddled with the wires, and eventually, she'd hooked up the wires and switched to her computer. She plugged the last one in. "All right. It took some doing, but now we can download. This beast has all the Men of Letters files. Time for a little drag-and-drop."

Francesca gave her a light smile. "Wow. Well, that's definitely a start."

"Thank you," Sam added. "Um, that's -- that's great."

Dean and Francesca signaled to Sam to ask Charlie something.

"So, you've been hunting," Sam stated.

"Alone," Dean and Francesca added.

Charlie looked between them. "I know. Not a good idea, according to the 'Supernatural' books."

An annoyed look crossed the Winchesters' faces.

"You really can't delete those from the Internet?" Sam asked.

"Not even I can do that. Come on!"

"Where do you even find them?" Francesca asked, fiddling with Dean's fingers.

Charlie grinned cheekily. "A top-secret place I call Amazon. And someone uploaded all the unpublished works. I thought it was fanfic at first, but it was clearly Edlund's work."

"Who uploaded it?" Sam wondered.

"I don't know. Their screen name was beckywinchester176. Ring a bell?"

Dean and Francesca looked sharply at Sam, and Sam got flustered.

"None," Sam said. "Uh, nobody's. Uh, no, there are no bells. Uh... no."

Charlie looked at Sam like he was crazy before looking back at her computer. "Ugh, these files are encrypted. This is gonna take awhile. So, takeout, sleepover, braid each other's hair?"

Francesca glanced at Dean. "Maybe I'll let you touch my hair. The twins already pull at it enough."

Charlie laughed at them as Sam said, "Got an idea."

They gathered in Sam's room, which was covered in files and books. Dean and Charlie were sitting on his bed, Francesca was sitting on her husband's lap, and Sam was on a chair beside them. Francesca had put the twins to bed and was holding the baby monitor They were watching Game of Thrones. The episode ended and Dean turned off the TV.

"Wow. That Joffrey's a dick," Dean noted.

"Oh, you have no idea," Charlie replied. "Wait until he-"

Sam interrupted her. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! S-spoilers. I haven't read all the books yet."

Dean looked to Sam and he asked, "You're gonna read the books?"

"Yes, Dean. I like to read books -- you know, the ones without the pictures."

Francesca nodded. "Yeah, I plan to read the books as well."

Dean shot Sam and Francesca an annoyed look before Charlie commented, "Man, this bed is about as comfortable as a brick. Any plans on moving in anytime soon?"

"I am moved in," Sam replied. "This is just my style."

Dean and Francesca nodded as the former said, "Yeah, this is, his, uh, style."

"Well, I'm sorry I haven't hung up the, uh, 'Hang in there, kitty' poster yet, Dean, Frankie. Feel free to redecorate."

Dean frowned. "So, what, our home's not good enough for the "Hang in there, kitty' poster?"

"This isn't our home. This is where we work."

"What's the difference?" Dean and Francesca asked in sync.

Charlie looked uncomfortable with the argument. "Okay."

Dean and Francesca got up from the bed.

Dean said, "All right, well, Frankie and I are gonna go get us some more beers. How about that?"

After the two of them had left the room, Sam turned to Charlie. "So, Charlie, what was all that about hunting isn't magical?"

"Saving people, hunting things, the family business? I am down. But... I was raised on Tolkien, man. I mean, where is all this?" She held up the Game of Thrones disc. "Where are my White Walkers and my volcano and magic ring to throw in the damn thing? Where -- where's my quest?"

"Magic, quests... suck. Trust me. They're all-"

The four of them entered the computer room and Charlie said, "Download should be done by now."

Dean and Francesca noticed one of the shelves had moved and muttered, "What the hell?"

Dean said to his brother, "Sam, give me a hand."

Sam and Dean moved the shelf away to reveal two gray pods on the wall. Sam and Francesca pulled out their guns as Dean took out a knife and cut part of the way through one pod. An arm fell out and Dean cut the rest of the way and the woman fell to the ground. Dean drew his own gun before turning the woman over. Sam, Dean, Charlie and Francesca exchanged confused glances.

Dean, Francesca and Charlie started going through the MOL case on Dorothy.

"Holy crap!" Charlie exclaimed. "The first case investigated in this bunker involved Dorothy. She and the witch came into this room, and they never came out. This will never stop blowing my mind!"

"Okay, pace yourself, Toto," Dean said.

"Oz is real! It's part of the fairy world."

"Like he said, pace yourself, Toto," Francesca repeated.

Dorothy was sitting on the floor, a blanket around her shoulders. Sam squatted beside her.

"We have to find her," Dorothy told them.

Sam shook his head. "No, we have to talk before anyone does anything, okay? Dorothy?"

"Talk? Typical Men of Letters, standing around, having a nice, little chat with your noses in your books while your little secretaries take notes."

"We're hunters," Dean and Francesca informed.

"And who are you calling secretaries?" Charlie asked.

"You two are not secretaries?" Dorothy questioned. "You're Women of Letters? W -- how long have I been out?"

"That's why we need to talk," Sam said. "Look, you've been gone for over 75 years. Now, according to our files, you came here to kill the Wicked Witch and then disappeared. What happened?"

"A binding spell that came at a price -- her soul with mine."

"So you've been frozen with the witch for all that time?"

"Yes. Look, the witch cannot be killed. If I am awake, then so is she."

"Wait, if she's here, why didn't she kill you?"

"She can't."

"You're protected by the Witch of the North's kiss," Charlie realized, noticing confused looks. "It's from the books."

"Oh, forget the books! They're not important. I'm protected. You aren't. Now, the witch came here looking for something. I have no idea what it is. But we have to find her before she finds it."

"All right, all right," Dean said. "Charlie, dig into the files. Frankie, help her. See if you two can find anything that puts a dent in the witch."

"Mm-hmm," Charlie hummed.

"Sam and I will have a look-see. Come on."

"I'm helping," Dorothy said.

Sam met her eyes. "Yeah, I don't doubt it. But for right now, why don't you rest up and join Frankie in helping the smartest person in the room?"

The brothers left and Charlie turned to Dorothy. "So, big fan."

"Hmm," Dorothy hummed.

"Ozma of Oz-"

"Is a total ass."

Charlie frowned, feeling dejected. "You were much nicer in the books."

"Those books are the ravings of a sad, old man -- my father."

A small smile crossed Francesca's face. "Hang on. Your dad was L. Frank Baum, the writer?"

"A Man of Letters. Another glorified librarian, you ask me."

Charlie pursed her lips. "Hey, these guys may have been sexist, but like all librarians, they were wicked smart, too. The dude who was here when you came in -- Haggerty -- he kept your case file open, worked it every day until he retired. Obviously, he never found you, but if you took five seconds to read, he did find a way to fight the Wicked Witch. Do you remember the poppy fields in the first book?"

"That's not actually how it happened. It was much bloodier."

Francesca frowned as Charlie said, "Stop... ruining my childhood. Do you remember the poppies?" Dorothy nodded. "Good. Haggerty made a deal with the fairy and got some poppy extract. Frankie and I are gonna get some bullets from the gun range and make us some poppy bullets. So, are you coming or what?"

As the brothers were clearing the bunker with guns pulled, Crowley started whistling Somewhere Over the Rainbow. "Wow. If it isn't the Scarecrow and the Tin Man. Your new houseguest -- so misunderstood." A confused look crossed their faces. "Neither of you saw 'Wicked'?"

"What did she say to you?" Sam asked.

"Something along the lines of..." Crowley hissed loudly.

Dean narrowed his eyes. "All right, well, I'm gonna go get some holy oil and a lighter, dick bag."

"I know what she's looking for."

"What does she want?"

"I'd be happy to tell you, as soon as I get to stretch my legs."

Dean unlocked the neck cuff while Sam held a gun on him.

Crowley stood. "Oh. Ahh."

"All right. What does the witch want?" Dean demanded.

"Give me a moment. I still need to air myself out."

Dean pulled out his gun and shot Crowley square in the chest. "I think you're aired out enough."

"Rude." Crowley held up a piece of paper with the word 'key' written on it.

"Key? What key?" Sam asked.

"I haven't the foggiest. Had to send her off on a merry chase before she could melt me. Told her you three kept the keys in the kitchen. You do have a kitchen in this craphole, don't you?"

The brothers made their way to the kitchen, guns drawn. They saw that it was a complete wreck.

"Damnit, I just cleaned in here," Dean muttered.

"Really?" Sam questioned.

"Looks like we got a witch here."

Charlie, Francesca and Dorothy entered and the brothers swung around, guns drawn. As soon as they saw the girls, they put their guns away.

"Sorry," Charlie apologized. "We raided your gun range. Made us some poppy bullets. They won't kill the witch, but they will stun the crap out of her."

Dean looked at her proudly. "That's my girl."

"There was only enough for four bullets, so... make each shot count," Francesca warned. "I'm gonna check on the twins. With a Wicked Witch around..."

"Now we just have to find her before she finds whatever the hell she's looking for," Dorothy said.

"She's looking for a key," Sam replied.

"How do you know?" Charlie inquired.

"Little birdie told us," Dean explained briefly. "Ring any bells, Dorothy?"

"Unfortunately. It's the key to Oz. There are magical ways into Oz -- tornado, eye of a hurricane, whirlpool -- but this key will turn any locked door into a portal to Oz. Insert key, twist, and presto, you're in Oz."

"How did the Men of Letters get the key?" Francesca wondered.

"I have no idea, but if she finds it, she'll go back and finish what she started. She'll destroy all that is good in Oz. She's got armies of witches, flying monkeys. Many will die."

"What's this key look like?" Sam inquired.

Dorothy pulled out her journal and showed Dean a picture.

Dean said, "I've seen that key. I found it I was doing inventory."

"Where is it now?"

"My room. We got to get that key. All right, Charlie and I will go look in my room. Why don't you guys buy us some time?"

Sam, Francesca and Dorothy left.

Dean turned to their mutual friend. "Charlie? Safest place in this joint is the dungeon."

"You have a dungeon?" Charlie asked in surprise. "Of course you do."

"So maybe you should..."

Charlie cut him off. "I am not hiding, especially in a dungeon. Wicked Witch, a key, a quest? Let's do this."

She bounced out the door and Dean called, "C-Charlie..."

Dorothy and Sam were walking through the main part of the bunker. Francesca had gone to check on the twins. Dorothy said, "I can't believe I've lived here for 75 years. How long have you two called this place home?"

Sam glanced at Dorothy. "My brother and sister-in-law call it home. Me, I, uh -- I haven't had that much luck with homes."

Dorothy looked at Sam. "Me neither. Overrated, you ask me. Yellow bricks or not, give me the open road any day." She turned to see the Wicked Witch behind Sam. "Sam!" She shot a poppy bullet at the Wicked Witch, but missed, and she disappeared into a vent. "She can get anywhere from there. Split up, cover more ground?"

Charlie and Dean were searching though his and Francesca's room. Charlie opened a box full of antique porn. "You keep your porn meticulously organized, but not-"

"Don't judge me," Dean retorted. "I get enough of that from my wife. Ah!" He pulled the key from a box. "Yahtzee."

Charlie turned to see the Wicked Witch behind Dean. "Dean!"

The Wicked Witch grabbed the key from Dean's hand and slammed him into the wall; stunning him. She prepared to throw green lightning at him. Before the green lightning could hit him, Charlie threw herself between Dean and the green lightning bolt. The green lightning bolt hit her square in the chest.

"No!" Charlie cried.

She fell to the ground unconscious, and Dean stood and shot the Wicked Witch with a poppy bullet and she disappeared into the vent again.

"Charlie? Charlie?" Dean called, bending down and shaking her. "Charlie?!"

Dean cradled her head in his hand. "Charlie."

He carried Charlie to his bed and laid her down. "Charlie?" He wiped the hair from her face. "Charlie?" He started panicking. "No!"

In the hallway, Sam cried, "Dean!"

Dean whipped around and cried, "Zeke!"

Sam entered the doorway, but his eyes flashed blue, as Ezekiel showed.

Dean pointed to Charlie. "Help her."

"She's gone."

Dean shook his head. "No. You can bring her back like you did with Cas."

"I cannot keep doing that."

"Why the hell not?!"

"I am barely back to half-strength, Dean. Every time I use my power, it weakens me, which means I will have to stay in your brother longer than you want -- longer than we all want. The witch running around your bunker is very powerful. I can help with the witch or your friend."

"Save her."

"As you wish."

He approached Charlie and laid two fingers on her forehead. She gasped and sat up as Ezekiel fell to the ground unconscious. "Merry Christmas."

"Charlie?" Dean called.

"Uh. Hey, I know you."

Dean frowned. "We told you to stay in the dungeon."

Charlie looked at Dean. "Bet you say that to all the girls."

Sam jolted awake. "Dean?"

"Sammy?" Dean replied.

"What the hell just happened?"

Dean met his eyes. "The witch -- the witch was about to pull a whammy on us, then Charlie jumped in front of me. She got zapped, then the witch got the drop on you."

"Then why aren't we dead?"

Dean shrugged. "That's a good question. I, uh -- I clipped her with a -- with a poppy bullet. She got the key. I think she's gone."

Dorothy and Francesca, who had returned, entered and Dorothy informed, "No. She's wounded. We should still have some time. She could still be in the air vents."

Charlie tried standing from the bed, still woozy. "No. No, no. She's right. We -- we have to -- we-" Dean steadied her. "Whoa, whoa, whoa."

"Just go. We'll catch up."

Charlie gestured to Sam and Francesca. "M-my gun's over there. There's one bullet in it."

Francesca frowned. "Charlie, are you okay?"

Charlie nodded. "I'm okay."

Sam grabbed the gun and the brothers left.

Charlie turned to Dorothy. "Can we be best friends now? I already got Frankie."

The brothers walked through the hallway, looking for the Wicked Witch.

"Who's Zeke?" Sam asked.

"What?" Dean said.

"When I came into your room, Dean, before I got zapped, I thought you said the name Zeke. Who's that?"

Dean looked worried a moment before saying, "Um... I think you're still a little punchy, man. Just keep moving."

DEAN AND FRANCESCA'S ROOM

Charlie said to Dorothy and Francesca, "I had the weirdest dream while I was out. It was Christmas, and my parents we still alive, and-"

"Dream?" Dorothy interrupted. "Charlie, you died. Don't worry about it, though. You're not a real hunter until you've died and come back again."

"Slow down. Why would you think I died? Frankie, have you died?"

Francesca nodded. "Unfortunately yes."

"Heaven -- it's your dream life," Dorothy continued. "And if you were zapped by the Wicked Witch, instant death. I would know. She killed me too."

Charlie frowned. "Okay. Let's rewind here a bit. When did you die?"

"In Oz. My father was obsessed with his work as a Man of Letters, and then I was born... and nothing changed. He would keep his work a secret, but I was such a curious kid. I was always looking for trouble, looking for the next big adventure."

"I know the feeling. Seems like Frankie does too."

"I stowed away on one of his cases, wound up in the Emerald City, accidentally got left behind. It was terrifying."

"What happened?" Francesca asked.

"I met up with these three freedom fighters, and they thought I was the child of destiny chosen to kill the Wicked Witch. They protected me, and then the witch turned them into-"

"A scarecrow, a tin man, and a lion?" Charlie interrupted.

"And she hunted me down and killed me."

"Yeah, that never made it to the books."

"Sometimes real life is darker than fiction."

The brothers were combing the main room and Dean spoke up. "Why haven't you moved in?"

"Is now really the time, Dean?" Sam asked.

"Well, I was just asking."

"Look, I never had what you had with Mom and Dad, okay?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I don't have memories of home. And whenever I've tried to make a home of my own, it really hasn't ended well."

Dean met Sam's eyes. "Yeah, but a lifetime of abandoned buildings and crappy motel rooms. I mean, this is about as close to home as we're gonna get, and it's ours."

Charlie, Francesca and Dorothy left Dean and Francesca's room as Francesca questioned, "And what about the books?"

"Revisionist history," Dorothy replied. "That's my father's way of trying to undo what had happened to me. But I knew the truth. When the witch came to our world, I became a hunter, and my father wrote those silly books."

Charlie looked at her. "Don't you get it? The books aren't silly. They're guidebooks filled with clues he left for you. Haggerty pored through each one, and his research led him to uncover the poppies, so maybe there's something else from the books we can use, preferably something with a pointy end."

Dorothy's eyes lit up as a thought crossed her mind. "You are a genius. Come on. We've got to get to the garage."

"There's a garage in this place?! Oh, boy."

In the main room, Sam said, "Clear."

"I got nothing," Dean replied.

"What do you think?" Sam asked. "Is she gone?"

Dean turned to see the Wicked Witch grab Sam and almost shoot lightning at him. "Sam!"

Dean rushed him and knocked the three of them over the table. Before they could recover, the Wicked Witch placed her hands on their foreheads and their eyes flashed green.

"Find the girls and the infants..." the Wicked Witch/Sam began.

"And kill them all," the Wicked Witch/Dean finished.

Dorothy, Francesca and Charlie entered the garage.

Dorothy looked around and saw a motorcycle. "Yes. I knew those boy scouts would keep it for me."

They rushed over to the bike and Dorothy started taking items from the saddle bag. She held up a mask. "Is that..." Charlie began.

"Yeah. He didn't make it."

"Ooh."

Dorothy kept digging. "Please be here. Please be here. Yes!" She pulled out a pair of ruby heels.

Francesca laughed softly. "Dios. I don't believe it."

"Did you really walk down a brick road in these?" Charlie wondered.

Dorothy shook her head. "No. I never actually wore them. Seemed kind of tacky wearing a dead woman's shoes. Plus, I'm no good in heels, you know?"

"I don't suppose we could just wish her away?"

"Sorry. Another thing the books got wrong. But, like the poppies, these have magic from Oz -- sharp magic."

Francesca nodded slowly. "Death by shoe. I don't pity the witch."

Wicked Witch/Dean said, "There you are."

Charlie turned to see the brothers and grinned. "Was that your Batman voice?" Their eyes flashed green. "That's definitely not your Batman voice."

"It's her," Dorothy warned. "She's possessed the two of them."

"I missed you, my pretty," Wicked Witch/Sam told Dorothy.

Wicked Witch/Dean smirked. "Killing you a second time will be just as sweet as the first."

Charlie looked between them. "Guys, I know you're in there. Dean, you guys can't let the witch do this. If she opens the door, she's going to destroy Oz."

Wicked Witch/Dean grabbed Charlie by her shoulders and smashed her into a glass window as Wicked Witch/Dean said, "I have no intention of escaping Oz. I'm going to bring my armies here."

"Don't worry," Wicked Witch/Sam commented. "You'll join Dorothy right after you watch her die."

"Sorry about the nards, Dean," Charlie apologized before kicking Dean between the legs. He doubled over in pain.

Dorothy threw the ruby heels at Charlie. "Go. Frankie and I'll buy you some time."

Charlie left and Dorothy and Francesca turned to face the brothers.

Dorothy said, "All right. Let's see what you pencil necks are made of." The possessed brothers started hitting Dorothy and Francesca, and they were soon bloody and beat up. "All right, let's do this the old-fashioned way. You in?"

Francesca nodded as Wicked Witch/Sam replied, "My body cannot hurt you, Dorothy."

"But theirs can," Wicked Witch/Dean finished.

Francesca grabbed Wicked Witch/Dean and held him tightly so he couldn't escape, but he managed to and knocked her down. Wicked Witch/Sam grabbed Dorothy and Wicked Witch/Dean held the demon knife to her throat.

The Wicked Witch, who was in the midst of her spell, went stiff and turned. Charlie, behind her, had stabbed the ruby heel into the Wicked Witch's head.

"Now heel," Charlie ordered.

In the garage, the brothers' eyes flashed green, breaking the spell.

"What the hell just happened?" Sam asked.

"Charlie," Francesca and Dorothy replied.

Dean turned to Francesca with a sad expression. "I hurt you. I'm so sorry, honey."

Francesca stroked his cheek. "You were possessed. It's okay. But you have to promise me you won't hurt me again like that."

"I promise." He kissed her and smiled.

The four of them made their way back into the room and Charlie smiled at them before saying, "Ding-dong, bitches."

Sam went to deal with Crowley while the others hung around. When he returned, they made their way to the garage. Dean had driven the Impala inside.

Dean smiled as he took Talia from his wife. "Baby looks good in here, huh?"

Sam and Francesca grinned. "Not bad."

Charlie motioned Sam and Francesca to the side. "Dean..."

"Dorothy, I, we, uh -- we found something in the archives," Sam said. "Pretty sure it belongs to you."

Francesca handed Dorothy a copy of 'The Wonderful Wizard of Oz'. "Here you are."

Dorothy smiled. "You have no idea how odd it is having a series of books written about you."

"Actually, w-we do know, uh, and it is definitely weird," Sam agreed. "But you know what? End of the day, it's our story, so we get to write it."

Charlie said to Dean, "So, thanks for the slumber party."

"Mm," Dean hummed.

Charlie lowered her voice. "...and bringing me back from the dead."

Dean's brow furrowed. "Uh, I didn't."

Charlie frowned at him. "Don't B.S. a B.S.er. Am I a zombie now? Do I need to eat brains?"

"You're you. You're gonna be fine, all right? Just, um -- just keep this between us, okay?"

Charlie thought for a moment. "All right, but only 'cause you raised me from the dead, which you're going to have to explain to me later."

"All right."

The two of them rejoined Sam, Francesca, Oliver and Dorothy.

Dorothy looked between them. "Not bad for a bunch of librarians. You mind keeping an eye on my bike for me?"

"Yeah, yeah, as long as you don't mind me or maybe my wife taking it for a spin once in awhile," Dean answered.

"Deal. Thank you for everything. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a rebellion to finish." Dorothy turned to Charlie. "So, you coming or what?"

Charlie's eyes widened. "What? With you? To Oz?"

"Yeah. You said you were looking for adventure. Well, here it is, Red. Come help me find my damn dog."

A concerned look crossed Dean's face. "You have no idea what's in Oz. I mean, t-there's flying monkeys, armies of witches. There's all kinds of danger."

Charlie lit up. "Promise?" She jumped to hug Dean, then Sam and then Francesca. She carefully hugged the twins.

Sam smiled. "If you need anything, just, uh, tap your heels together three times, okay?"

Charlie turned to Francesca. "Keep me up to date on the twins."

Francesca smiled. "I will."

Dean took her hand. "We definitely will."

Charlie glanced between her friends. "Me? What about you crazy kids? You gonna be all right without me? Take care of yourselves and those babies, boys, Frankie."

Dorothy and Charlie turned and inserted the key into the double doors at the end of the garage. They pushed them open to reveal and beautifully colored landscape with a yellow brick road running through it. The Emerald City was in the distance. They walked into Oz and turned to wave goodbye. The doors closed behind them. Dean, Sam and Francesca pushed the doors open, but it was just the underground tunnel leading out of the garage.

"Think she'll be back?" Dean asked wistfully.

Sam and Francesca replied, "Of course."

Sam glanced at Francesca before adding, "There's no place like home."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 3.1K 26
You were a normal hunter going to complete a salt and burn. In and out, right? Wrong, you met two handsome brothers and get mixed up with them. What'...
4.7K 92 39
Dean and Carrie unknowingly fell in love as children. Years later, the two meet up again and sparks fly. A whirlwind romance leads quickly to golden...
119K 2.6K 32
May contain curse words, graphic images. This story is about you and Sam. Stuff you may need. Y/n= Your Name Y/l= Your Last Name B/f/n= Your Best Fr...
17.3K 545 91
Penelope, Penny, Marvin's childhood was about as far from normal as possible. Mysterious circumstances surround her mother's death and her father tri...