FLAMES | UNDER CONSTRUCTION

By taylorsversions

"life was a willow and it bent right to your wind" pre season 2 - season 2 klaus hargreeves x female!oc More

Willow
Prologue
1. The First Meeting
2. Shakespeare
3. Coffee
5. Perfect
6. Put Your Head on my Shoulder
7. Feelings
8. Finally Happy
9. Shared Birthdays
10. The Truth
11. Girl on the Run
12. Scars
13. Do Too
15. Broken Glass
16. Soulmates
17. The Apocalypse of 2019
18. The Apocalylse of '63
19. Bonnie & Clyde
20. Home
21. Allison
22. Paint
23. Frogs are Bitches
24. Welcome to the Family
25. Hargreeves Women
26. Fraud
27. You're Family Now
28. A Light Supper
29. Mother
30. The Board
31. Posession
32. We Make a Good Team
33. Little One
34. Mirror
35. Seconds, Not Decades
36. Back to the Future
update

4. Cigarettes

7.2K 226 87
By taylorsversions

||Love is a smoke made with the fumes of sighs - William Shakespeare||

Willow stood out on the balcony of the mansion, looking out over the garden. The only light was coming from the moon above her. The cool breeze of the night blowing her hair back ever so slightly and causing small goosebumps to appear on her pale skin.

The last few weeks had been crazy, to say the least. Her house that used to be almost empty, now had tons of people coming everyday, asking to see the Prophet. Who was a guy that Willow had only met just two months ago, who she didn't trust at all.

Willow didn't understand why her grandmother let him stay with them. Maybe her grandmother just liked the attention it brought to her, or maybe her grandmother actually believed the bullshit that the asshole was spitting out. But Willow didn't believe any of his bullshit. And she didn't plan to ever believe it. She knew that he was a complete and utter fraud.

According to Klaus, the world was going to end in 2019. He seemed rather serious when he told them that, but she honestly just thought he was a good actor. Good at lying and manipulating people.

"Looks like I'm not the only one awake at this hour" She heard from behind her. She glanced over at the doorway before looking back up at the moon.

"Hi Klaus, or should I say Prophet" Willow replied, sarcasm evident in her voice.

"No, call me Klaus" he replied, walking up and standing next to her. "I have enough people calling me Prophet"

"Is that not what you wanted?" Willow asked and he shrugged.

"I mean, not intentionally. But I don't mind it" Klaus replied, which was a lie. He absolutely loved the attention his lies were bringing him, which he would only love for a few months before things would quickly get out of hand.

"You seem to have accumulated quite a following" Willow commented and he nodded.

"I have. But again, not intentionally" Klaus replied, leaning against the railing in front of the two, the cold metal on his bare back making him shudder slightly.

"I don't know how they believe your bullshit" Willow muttered, shaking her head slightly with a chuckle.

"What? You don't believe in what I say?" Klaus asked, putting a hand on his chest in a mock offended manner, even though he already knew that she saw right through him.

"I think you know something" Willow replied. "But all that stuff you're spitting out to them, I think it's all bullshit"

"And what makes you say that?" He asked.

"I just have a feeling. But I don't doubt that you know a lot more about something than I, or the rest of them, do. I just haven't put my finger on what exactly that is" Willow told him.

"You know, you're a lot smarter than you look" Klaus commented, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Ouch?" Willow replied, looking up at him.

"No I didn't mean it in that way. It's just most of the people around here are dumb. But you don't seem to be" Klaus explained.

"Well, thank you I guess" Willow replied. "Also, is it not offensive to call your followers dumb?"

"Well, they aren't here right now are they?" Klaus asked, leaning closer to her.

"No they aren't, but I could tell them" Willow replied, looking over at him and noticing how close he was to her.

"But you wouldn't, would you?" He asked and she shrugged.

"Maybe. I'll see how I feel" She replied with a shrug.

"They'd probably think it was inspiring" Klaus commented with a small laugh.

"They would. You should probably be nicer when talking about them" Willow replied.

Klaus hummed in response before pulling out a packet of cigarettes from his back pocket, opening the packet and holding them out to Willow.

"Want one?"

"I've never smoked before" Willow told him as he placed a cigarette between his lips and lit it, maintaining eye contact with her as he did so.

"Really? I've smoked since I was 13" Klaus replied nonchalantly, as if it was normal, taking a drag from the cigarette.

"13? That's so young" Willow commented and he nodded as he exhaled the nicotine.

"I know. I was also a drug addict and alcoholic when I was 16, so that just shows you what type of childhood I had" Klaus told her with a chuckle as he sat down against the cold railings.

"Sounds rough" She commented, sitting down next to him as he held out his cigarette and offered it to her. She looked at it and then back up at him.

"You don't have to if you don't want to" Klaus replied as he held it out to her. She thought for a moment before she laughed slightly before taking it from his hand. Willow noticed the tattoos on the palm of his hands and raised an eyebrow.

"What's the story behind those tattoos?" Willow asked, putting the cigarette between her lips. Klaus glanced down at his palms before looking back at her.

"These are my hello and goodbye tattoos. They're kind of like an ouija board type thing" Klaus explained, holding out his other palm too. "See? Hello and Goodbye"

"What possessed you to tattoo those to your body?" Willow asked, taking a drag of the cigarette before coughing slightly as the thick, hot smoke filled her lungs for the first time.

Klaus thought for a moment. He wasn't about to tell her that he could see and commune with the dead. She would never believe him even if did tell her.

"I just thought they were cool" Klaus replied with a shrug. To be completely honest, he didn't remember even getting them. He woke up one morning after partying all night and suddenly he had those tattoos. He did rather like them though, it was different to the umbrella tattoo. The fact that he was able to decide to tattoo them to his body and didn't have to ask Reginald gave him a sense of freedom, something 18 year old Klaus had never experienced before.

"What about the umbrella one?" Willow asked, handing him back the cigarette, being careful not burn him with the small red flame. Although, she had seen that tattoo once before and knew exactly where it came from.

"Oh, this one is matching with my siblings. Umbrellas were kind of our thing" Klaus replied, that one wasn't completely a lie.

Klaus always hated his umbrella tattoo. It felt like a permanent mark from his father. He did like how it connected him to his siblings but he wished he wasn't forced to get it at the age of 13. It was rather traumatic for all of the Hargreeves.

"Where are your siblings now?" Willow asked curiously. Klaus had told her about all six of his siblings, but never explained why he wasn't with them anymore.

"I don't know. We kind of got separated and I haven't seen any of them since" Klaus responded, which was a lie since he technically saw Ben everyday.

"Did you get along with them? I can imagine it being hard with seven of you living together" Willow replied as Klaus took a long drag of the cigarette.

"It was hard growing up, still was even as adults because we always had our differences. I still love them a lot though" Klaus replied, this was one of the rare times where he actually expressed how much he really loved his siblings.

"I know we're not supposed to have favorites but Diego and Ben were always mine" Klaus replied with a sad smile, missing Diego.

"You must miss them both, especially Ben" Willow responded, referring to the fact that Ben was dead, but the ghost was actually inside in the house right now and Klaus saw him every day.

"I do" Klaus replied.

"I wish I got along with my sister, she always hated me ever since we became teenagers" Willow said with a frown.

"I love my siblings, but they are annoying as hell" Klaus commented with a chuckle, remembering his childhood with six siblings.

"One of them was obsessed with the moon, another was a vigilante, my sister was famous, another disappeared for twenty years and the other died" Klaus told her as he blew the smoke from his cigarette behind him, to avoid getting it in Willow's face.

"Do you miss them?" Willow asked as he passed her back the cigarette, purposely letting his finger tips touch hers ever so slightly, the small gesture making his stomach flip.

"Of course, it's strange to be away from them. But I'm sure they're fine" Klaus replied. In reality, his siblings hadn't even dropped in Dallas yet. And they wouldn't for another year, which by then Klaus would already be in Mexico and far away from Dallas.

Willow leaned forward slightly as she listened to him. Something about Klaus and his family was so intriguing to her, and she had no idea why.

"You're family was so big. Mine only consisted of me, my sister, my mother and my grandmother. But I left them when I was 17 to live with my grandmother" Willow told him, exhaling the smoke from their cigarette.

"The same grandmother that you've been sleeping with, if you were wondering" Willow commented and Klaus widened his eyes and was slightly taken aback.

"Sleeping with? What?" Klaus asked, completely confused and taken aback at her remark. He thought that they had something going on between them, but she actually thought that he was sleeping with her grandmother?

"Well that's what my gran normally does. She likes to sleep with younger men, so I just assumed that that's why you're still here" Willow replied, taking another drag of the cigarette.

"Oh God no! We have not done anything like that" Klaus corrected, slightly flustered and confused.

"Oh. Well that's surprising" Willow replied. "Must just be your 'prophet' abilities that's convincing her to let you stay"

"Yeah, no I'm not sleeping with any old women. I actually have my eye on someone else" Klaus added, glancing up at her and bringing his eyes to meet hers.

Willow nodded, not getting the hint at all and being completely clueless to the fact that he was referring to her.

"You're a strange one, you know that right?" Willow asked, which was definitely not the response Klaus has been hoping for.

"Well aren't you kind" Klaus replied sarcastically, rolling his eyes playfully. "But I do get that a lot"

"I didn't mean it badly, it's just you don't act like you're from here" Willow told him.

"I can't figure you out" She continued, holding the shared cigarette between her fingers. "Most people I can figure out quickly, but not you"

"Yeah well I'm not like most people" Klaus said with a shrug.

"I can tell" Willow replied "But I think that's a good thing"

"You do?" Klaus asked. He had been different his whole life and no one except for Dave ever thought that it was a good thing.

"Yeah, it makes you interesting" Willow told him before she yawned, shaking her head, standing up and tossing the cigarette onto the concrete before squashing it with the front of the heel. Klaus stood up after her, leaning back against the railing.

"Are you not cold being out here without a shirt on?" Willow asked and Klaus shook his head in response.

"No, I think we both know that I'm always hot" Klaus replied confidently, causing Willow to chuckle before walking up to him.

"Goodnight Klaus" She said, leaning up and kissing him on the cheek before walking over to the door of her bedroom, which was connected to the balcony.

"Goodnight" Klaus replied, he stood there smiling like an idiot as she closed the doors, his hand travelled up to his face and he touched his cheek lightly.

"Someone has a crush" Ben cooed mockingly as he walked onto the balcony.

"Shut up!" Klaus hissed before walking into his own room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 6.8K 40
❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐞𝐮𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚 ❞ zero wants to go home, but home is complicated and her family is dysfunctional. it doe...
78.8K 2K 42
𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘺 𝘏𝘢𝘳𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘜𝘮𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘢 𝘈𝘤𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘺, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘳 𝘕𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘌𝘪𝘨...
Luzia ² By X_random_X

General Fiction

47.8K 1.1K 19
"Because from the moment something bad happens to you, they all act like they care" -Luzia Hargreeves "Team zero" Book two
186K 2.5K 21
Five comes back from the future and meets someone who could potentially have a positive impact on his life Everyone is 18+ in the story