The Soldier's Girl

By Alice-in-Wonderland3

Allison Smith born 1924. Anyone who walked passed her in the streets would think she was just as generic as h... More

Summer of 1945
Rogers, Barnes and Smith
The change we need
Saying Farewell
The Procedure
Super Soldier
An Explosion
Leadership
Arguments
I got my boys back
Dancing
Waving them off
I love you
A new soldier
2012
Waking Up
Back where I belong
The time we lost
Our first mission
Meeting the Gods
Getting through
Biting the bullet
Avengers Initiative
Assemble
Goodbye for now
Happy Birthday
Eternity
Washington DC
Somethings Up
Trusting no one
Revisiting the past
Agent 13
Bubblegum
The Winter Soldier
On the Run
Return of HYDRA
Sam Wilson
Bucky?
The bitch is alive
A different POV
Captain for a reason
Back to the past
Price of Freedom is high
Fighting a Friend
You know me
Sister from another Mister
Awakening
New beginnings
Christmas Celebrations
The Soldier's Girl
Announcement
New Years
The weird and the fast
Artificial Intelligence
A turn of events
Guilt
Secrets
Apologies
Vision
Sokovia
Fright of our lives
The Wedding
Lagos
Goodbye Sissy
The Funeral
Parting Ways
What more can I do?
You can't stop me.
Therapists
Friends to Enemies
Civil War
Killing of my best friend
Hurt
Endings and New Beginnings
Two Years Later
Making an appearance
Infinity War
They're Gone
Aftermath
Family
A Big Suprise
Time Travel
How, When and Where?
Whatever It Takes
Steve's POV:
The Second Snap
Endgame
Part of the journey is the end.
The End.
Final Message

Chitauri

3.3K 61 8
By Alice-in-Wonderland3

Our jet soon enters into the city. We had been flying at top speed for around 45 minutes before finally entering the target area.

"Stark, we're heading north east." Nat tells Tony over her headset.
I put my earpiece in and put a spare in my suit just in case. I give one to Steve too.
"What, did you stop for drive-thru? Swing up park, I'm gonna lay 'em out for you." Tony says making me roll my eyes at the man.

I get ready for landing. Making sure all my weapons and myself are ready for the big fight ahead. I ensure I had extra padding around my stitches, praying they wouldn't rip open.

Clint banks the jet towards Stark Tower. He aims the guns at Loki. However, Loki sees and aims the sceptre at the Quinjet and fires a blast of energy towards the jet. Our jet is soon caught on fire. Clint manages to manoeuvre one wing of the jet. We spin and slow down as we drop out of the air. I grab onto the overhead railing as does Steve, as we slam into the street, tearing up the concrete but I'm just glad we had an overall safe landing.

I give a quick glance to Steve, my eyes holding so much emotion but the main being "stay safe" and "I love you". I lower the ramp. Steve runs down first, quickly followed by me then Clint and Nat. Each one of us has our weapons in hand, and we take a defensive stance.

We run over till we arrive in the middle of a four-way street, getting a good view of our surroundings. Suddenly, the city lurches to a stop. With that roar, a shadow comes over us. I look upwards to see the portal, and watch as hundreds of Chitauri soldiers all fly out at once and there is nothing we can do to stop it as of yet.

Immediately, screams of terror from civilians arise all across the city as the Chitauri start to attack buildings and anything in their path. I look to Steve for instructions.

"Stark, are you seeing this?" Steve asks on his coms.
"I'm seeing, still working on believing. Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?" I hear Tony ask in my ear pierce.

"Banner?" Steve asks in reply.
"Just keep me posted." Tony asks.
I nod at Steve.

We continue to run up behind some taxis that had been turned over. We were on a bridge and we wasted no time in helping the people around us.

Chitauri soldiers land right near the four of us and begin firing at us. I pull out my pistols and begin firing back at them taking down many in my path.

"We got this. It's good. Go!" I hear Nat yell and I take that as a sign to follow Steve and help the civilians trapped in their vehicles.

"You think you can hold them off?" I ask Clint.
"Allison. It would be my genuine pleasure." Clint smirked as he started shooting arrows into the creature's, gaining a few seconds for Steve and I too jump down from the bridge. We  race over to the plaza, jumping over dozens of cars. I kill off Chitauri members on my way.

I let Steve run ahead as I stop at the bus full of people. From the windows, I could see small children being held by their parents I start to pull them out to safety. I see Clint join me and he runs over to the jammed door and opens it. People begin to run out. Once everyone is out, I yell orders to them to get to coast lines or underground, they all listen and run off in their different directions.

I join Clint and Nat's side flipping on my suit and thrusting my wrists out letting off taser lines to strike anyone with a high voltage of electricity in my path. I manage to take down around 20 Chitauri's before I fire my guns again.

"Just like Budapest all over again!" I hear Nat yell from not to far away.

Memories immediately fill my head of that long and interesting mission you could say. I give her an incredulous look. Clint noticed this.
"You remember Budapest very differently to Allison and I." Clint replied making me smile slightly at the memories but that story was for a different time...

Seeing Clint and Nat making a great team and managing things on their own, I run in the same direction as Steve and follow him to where he is positioned in front of the New York police. I jump up onto the car with him. They look up at us ridiculously, thinking we looked stupid. Steve spared me a glance before turning back to the men.

"I need men in these buildings. There are people inside that can run into the line of fire. You take them through the basement or through the subway. You keep them off the streets." Steve commanded.
"We'll need a perimeter as far back as 39th." I added.

"Why the hell should I take orders from you?" The sergeant asked us.

Suddenly, before we could reply an explosion comes up from behind us. An energy blast is blocked by Steve's shield as he pulls me behind it too. I latch onto my belt and grab a baton flicking it down once, watching it convert effortlessly into a spear. Two Chitauri soldiers attack the two of us. The cops watch in shock as Steve and I easily fight them off with ease. I use my spear to block the alien's attack before pushing his weight off of me and spinning around managing to get enough pressure to dive my spear into its chest killing it instantly. We turn back to the sergeant watching him turn to his officers and recite what we said before.

I quickly look to Steve.
"Steve. I know I don't have time to say what I want right now but please be careful. I love you." I blurt quickly before pressing my lips to his in a desperate kiss.

His arms go to hold my waist but I pull apart not wanting us to be vulnerable for too long.
"I love you too, stay safe as well. Don't stray too far from my side." He asks of me.
"Come back to me." I nod before rushing off to help and fight off more of Loki's army.

I fight with everything in me. Switching my abilities and skills constantly making sure the soldiers don't find a pattern in my fighting. I manage to kill multiple soldiers at once and ensure they are all dead before moving on. I notice how nearly all civilians are somewhere out of major harms way for now. I focus on fighting not realising I had become closer to the team as a whole. I was fighting three aliens at once. They all towered over me and I used my abilities and strengths to tackle one at a time, kicking them over and using my spear to my advantage trying to strike them whenever I could. However, while I was focusing on one I could hear another try and attack me but before it could I see Steve's shield whack them out of the way. I stab the alien I was focused on and kill the other two before nodding over to Steve in thanks.

Everything was becoming a bit too much. The soldiers all making their way over to where we were grouped. However, lightning strikes down from the sky, channelling the blast, firing the electricity out at the Chitauri around us. They're blasted back in a massive shockwave. The mutants convulse and drop dead to the ground.

Thor than touched down. I look over to him and smile in thanks. Grateful to take a moment to breath. I place a hand subconsciously on my left side where I was hit hours ago. I had a stitch forming and my arms ached from being used so much. I folded my spear back down, wanting to focus more on my combat and guns.

"What's the story upstairs?" Steve asks.
"The power surrounding the cube is impenetrable." Thor tells us.
"Thor is right. We gotta deal with these guys." I hear Tony say.
"How do we do this?" Nat asks, taking a deep breath. I notice how we all already seemed exhausted and an hour had barely passed.
"As a team." Steve says determined making me stand up straighter.

This is the biggest fight I've ever faced before and I was not backing down or going without a fight.
"I have unfinished business with Loki." Thor says.
"Yeah, get in line." Clint snaps.
"Save it. Loki's gonna keep this fight focused on us and that's what we need. Without him these things could run wild. We got Tony up top, he's gonna need us..." I speak up.

They all nod at me but I trail off as Bruce arrives on a motorbike. He gets off and takes a look at the destroyed city around us.
"So, this all seems horrible." He mutters.

My eyebrows raise in disbelief.
Yeah just a bit Bruce, just a bit.

What can I say, fighting makes me sarcastic?

"I've seen worse." Nat replies.
"Sorry." Bruce apologies.
"No. We could use a little worse." She says back.
"Stark? We got him." Steve speaks.
"Banner?" Tony asks.
"Just like you said." I replied through coms.

"Then tell him to suit up. I'm bringing the party to you." Tony replies.

I then see Tony in his Iron Man suit coming out from behind a building followed by a massive, angry Chitauri Leviathan.

"I... I don't see how that's a party..." Nat says as we all gear up and get ready again, into fighting stances.

Tony swoops down to our level on the street luring the monster to get closer to the ground. Steve and I watch as Bruce hesitantly walks forward, wanting to meet the monster half-way.

"Dr. Banner. Now might be a really good time for you to get angry." Steve asks very politely.
"That's my secret, Captain. I'm always angry." Bruce replies before I watch in slow motion, Bruce's body starts to swell and stretch before hardening into a thick green muscular build.

Then before my eyes I watch the Hulk smash the giant beast into the ground as if it was nothing. The street tears up but the monster is officially down. Dust and debris starts to fly up and Steve grabs my waist and tucks me into his side and under his shield again as everyone else takes cover.

Once the dust had passed we all get up and assemble together as a group in a circle, taking in our surroundings and figuring out our next move.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

761K 19.5K 48
And I know it makes you nervous, but I promise you it's worth it, to show them everything you've kept inside, Don't...
163K 4.4K 14
[COMPLETED] 1917-1944. (Bucky x Female OC) *Book 2 is now up! Check out my profile!* ~ "Bucky, I want to go somewhere," Adeline said, staring out at...
5K 141 24
The scrawny boy falsifying enlistment forms. The charming best friend who's going off to fight. The little sister that's in love with the best friend...
263K 8.2K 30
Avery and Leah loved Marvel more than the average person. They watched movies, has marathons and dreamt of one day meeting the actors who put their f...