Sparks Reignited

Da Kim_Knights

After a car accident leaves Riley Perez in a coma, she wakes up in the hospital a year later. With the absenc... Altro

Prologue
1 | Awake
2 | Identity
3 | New Life
4 | Encounter
5 | Confrontation
6 | Locker Neighbours
Sneak Peek: Kyle's POV (1)
7 | A Friend
8 | A Misunderstanding
9 | A Phone Call
10 | Vulnerability
Sneak Peek: Kyle's POV (2)
11 | Wounds
12 | Blaire
13 | Thoughts About Him
14 | A Call for Help
15 | The Revelation
16 | His Reaction
17 | Honesty
18 | A Proposition
19 | The Dead
20 | The Party
22 | My Answer
23 | Relationships
24 | Misfortunes & Fortunes
25 | First Date
26 | Unwanted
27 | Attention
28 | A Parent's Love
29 | Memories
30 | Fear
31 | An Orphan
32 | Remnants of the Dead
33 | A Step Closer
34 | To a Ghost
35 | Old Home
36 | The Suspect
37 | Normalcy
38 | Keepsakes
39 | The Stalker
40 | The Truth
41 | Struggles
42 | How It Ends
43 | Aftermath
Epilogue

21 | Misjudgement

15.2K 862 98
Da Kim_Knights

Still in a daze, I don't notice someone approaching me until a pair of ocean blue eyes fills my view. I retreat on instinct, but a hand catches my wrist immediately. Glancing up at his face, I realize that the curious blond guy is just Taylor.

"Found you!" He grins at me. "I was getting disappointed when I didn't see you. I thought you'd forgotten about me."

I smile at him. "I promised I would come."

He seems pleased by my answer and takes my hand. "Come on! My friends are playing a game of Truth or Dare. We should join them."

Frowning, my eyes search behind me. "But I–"

My protests die as he pulls me along and leads me up the stairs quickly. I crane my neck to glance back in the direction where Kyle has disappeared, but he is nowhere in sight. Knowing that he might be alone with Carly unsettles me.

Is it too late to give him my answer?

Taylor brings me to one of the many rooms on the second floor—a private theater room with a large tv on the wall, gaming consoles, a plush sofa and a pool table. Beer cans scatter everywhere. A group of people is already chilling out, laughing and exchanging jokes. When we arrive, all heads snap towards us in unison. They observe me from head to toe with curiosity, clearly wondering why the new girl is walking alongside one of the most popular boys in school.

One boy shakes his head in disbelief. "Seriously, Taylor?" He slaps a twenty-dollar bill on the hand of the guy sitting next to him. "Can't believe I lost."

I'm confused. Taylor shoots him a warning look, but not before I glimpse a small smile curling his lips. "Shut up."

Turning towards me, he does a quick round of introductions, telling me their names, but I forget them quickly. Some ignore me as they continue to exchange school gossip with one another. A few people nod their heads at me in a greeting and I even hear a catcall coming from the back.

Being in their company, a feeling of dread crawls over my skin, and I suddenly miss Blaire.

I definitely do not belong here.

Taylor rounds everyone up for the game, but I shake my head at him. "It's fine. I'll just watch from the side."

One girl pips up at me. "Come on... Don't be boring," she laughs, and it comes out mockingly. "We won't bite."

I remain reluctant. My eyes shift towards Taylor for help, but he waves me over to the empty spot on the sofa beside him.

"Jess is right," he says. "It'll be fun, I promise."

I raise a brow at him in disbelief, but another girl intervenes. "Oh, Taylor. Let's not force her. The poor girl is terrified."

My eyes narrow at her, my annoyance rising at the sneer in her voice. "Fine," I agree eventually—an attempt to prove that I'm not pathetic—and settle right next to Taylor. "Let's play."

Yet, one minute into the game and I'm regretting it. The bottle on the table goes spinning and the questions shooting across the tables are intrusive—the topics mainly about relationships and, well, exes. When it's my turn, I lie through my teeth by not mentioning anything related to Kyle at all. When they refuse to believe a word that I say and start pressing for more, I stick with my answer.

Single. No exes.

Disappointed by the lack of drama in my life, they encourage me to do a dare instead. As they cheer around me, I bite my lip in hesitation, trying to think of a way to escape. Talk about peer pressure.

To my horror, one guy—the same one who spoke to Taylor when we first entered—blurts out a suggestion.

"Kiss Taylor!"

Everybody cheers at his idea. My eyes seek Taylor's for help, hoping that he won't agree to this, but he remains strangely quiet. He finishes the rest of his beer before placing it down on the table. A second later, he looks at me with a small smirk curling around his lips.

"Sure, why not?"

With a rather tipsy grin, he rises from his seat and pulls me up. As his friends cheers and whistles after us, he takes me out of the room and shuts the door behind us. When it's just us in the hallway, the warning that Blaire has told me before replays through my mind.

I turn towards Taylor, staring up at his tall, broad frame. "Thanks for getting me out."

I'm about to leave when he pulls me back roughly. His hooded gaze meets mine and his breath tickles my cheeks but reeks of alcohol. He must have drunk quite a few beers tonight.

His words slur. "Where do you think you're going?"

Disappointment washes over me like a splash of cold water. A part of me hopes he was just putting up a facade in front of his friends back there. Hoping that he would still be the same boy who had often helped me in school, simply out of the goodness of his heart.

Apparently, I'm wrong.

My voice is calm and firm. "Let me go, Taylor. We're not doing the dare."

He's surprised. "Why not? Girls are always happy when I let them kiss me."

"Not me. Now let go of me."

I try to wrench my arm out of his hold, but his strength overwhelms mine. He drags me to the next room—one which I believe belongs to him because of the typical boyish decor. He pushes me inside and closes the door behind us. Planting himself between me and the door, he turns around to meet my frozen state.

A lascivious smile blooms across his charming face, one which I find terrifying now. He advances towards me slowly and I act instinctively, taking a few retreating steps. When my back hits the wall, panic rises within me and my eyes scan the room for an escape route. However, Taylor presses both hands on the wall beside my face, caging me in his territory.

My voice comes out quietly, even though I'm trembling on the inside. "Let me out, Taylor."

He shakes his head at my plea. "Don't worry, princess. I won't disappoint you." His hand reaches for my cheek, but I slap it away defiantly. He frowns at my reaction and I can sense his voice slowly edging towards annoyance. "What's wrong?" he sighs. "Why are you rejecting me? Am I not up to your standard?"

I glare at him. "I think you drank too much, Taylor. Why don't you sit down and sober up instead?"

He flashes me a flirtatious smirk—a completely different character from how he usually behaves around me in school. He looks at me with a heated look in his eyes. "I don't want to," he whines. "I think it's more fun to do things together, especially with a hot girl like you."

Disappointment slips into my voice. "I thought you were better than this. I was wrong."

"Aw, come on. Don't be so cold-hearted." He tucks a lock of my hair behind my ear, but I hit his hand away again, completely in disgust. How could I've allowed myself to be stuck in such a situation?

Knowing him, it's usually pretty effortless for him to charm a girl and make them blush easily, but I'm proving to be a rather tough challenge. His stunned face soon morphs into anger, and he narrows his eyes at me.

His patience has hit his limit. With no warning, his large hands circle around my waist and I'm pulled into his chest. A startled squeak escapes me. I lose my balance for a moment and he takes that chance to push me onto his bed. He tries to force his lips on mine, but I duck and thrash against his heavy body with all my might.

I scream. "Taylor! Stop this!"

He simply laughs as if I'm doing a great job of entertaining him. Grabbing my wrists, he pins them above my head with one hand and covers my mouth with the other, silencing my screams.

"Shush, baby. If you stop struggling, it won't hurt as much."

Tears well up in my wide, frightened eyes. Blaire is right about him. He really sees me—or rather, girls—as toys for him to mess around with.

If only there's something to distract him so that I can make a run for the door...

Taylor dips his head and leans in. I reacted instinctively by kicking my legs wildly, hoping to knee him in his weak spot, but he shifts his position so quickly and wedges his legs in between mine. My body goes rigid in fear and I can feel my heart palpitating madly.

In my head, I'm screaming for help. If Taylor gets his way with me, I might not walk out of this room without feeling normal ever again.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

265K 5.5K 49
"Tell me. Why won't you tell me?" He asks and I look towards him slowly, "You didn't even talk to me until yesterday! I'm trying to make it so nobody...
6.7M 243K 84
❝Why do you have a tongue piercing?❞ I asked, observing the other piercings he had and the designs inked on his skin. I'd never seen so much work don...
134K 3.8K 36
-𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐚𝐝 𝐁𝐨𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤- "𝐈 𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐲 '𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐡 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 �...
333K 11.9K 46
"And it took me a while to realize it, but everything I've had to go through in this life, all the pain and sadness I've had to bear . . . well, its...