Blind Swimmer

By Sonu2314

Percy Jackson is the beloved star swimmer of Goode High. The school's football team and Percy's swimming succ... More

Synopsis + Introduction
Chapter 1: Water
Chapter 2: Headache
Chapter 3: Darkness
Chapter 4: Hot Wheels
Chapter 5: All Alone
Chapter 6: Chiron
Chapter 7: Walking Stick
Chapter 8: School
Chapter 9: Pool
Chapter 10: Football
Chapter 11: Losing
Chapter 12: Revelation
Chapter 13: Swimfan
Chapter 14: Blonde
Chapter 15: Panic
Chapter 16: Opposition
Chapter 17: Trust
Chapter 18: Blue
Chapter 19: Heat
Chapter 20: Dance
Chapter 21: Touch
Chapter 22: Push & Pull
Chapter 24: Gratitude
Chapter 25: Blindness
THANKS + NEW STORY

Chapter 23: Resolution

2.3K 57 20
By Sonu2314

Chiron POV

I knocked on Percy's door before walking into his bedroom. Percy was currently changing into his pajamas with some music in the background. 

"Hey, Chiron. Sorry, you're earlier than I was expecting," Percy said as he finished getting dressed. 

"You invited me over at 7 pm, Percy," I said. 

"Chiron, you/re supposed to be fashionably late. Happy New year by the way," Percy said slyly. 

"To you as well,": I said while laughing. 

I took a seat on his desk chair. The radio was buzzing with pop music, and I turned the volume down. I knew that Percy invited me over for a more serious conversation. 

I stared at Percy as he sat on his bed. I could tell from his fidgeting fingers that Percy was nervous to have this conversation. I could already imagine what it was about. 

"Percy, you invited me over to have a conversation. We can't do that unless you start talking," I said firmly. 

Percy's face turned towards the direction of my voice. 

He wasn't looking directly at me, but he was close enough. Percy definitely got a lot better at locating and navigating sounds, which was an essential quality for the blind. 

Percy sighed softly. 

"It's honestly about myself, Chiron. Why can't I seem to accept that I deserve the people around me?" Percy asked softly. 

"You accept your family and friends, Percy. This is about someone specific, isn't it?" I asked. 

I already knew that he was talking about the possibility of romantic love. 

"I like Annabeth a lot, Chiron, and I know she liked me too. However, I just can't seem to feel deserving of her despite wanting to be with her more than anything," Percy expressed. 

I sighed as I walked over to Percy. 

I gently placed my hand on his shoulder as I sat next to him. 

"Percy, just because you're blind doesn't mean that you're any less deserving," I said. "You're an incredible young man." 

"Yeah, but Annabeth's amazing. She can do better," Percy said in agony. 

"Can you guarantee that she'll find someone better, Percy?" 

Percy simply gazed at the wall before shaking his head. He looked so confused and sad at the same time. 

"She could find someone better, though," Percy said. 

"Shouldn't it be her choice who she thinks is the best for her?" I asked. 

Percy chuckled lightly before facing me. 

"That's what Annabeth said as well."

"Annabeth is an intelligent and beautiful person. She is her own person, and she gets to decide who she wants to be with," I said firmly. 

"Yeah, she is incredible," Percy said with a warm smile.

I could see (in his eyes and smile) how deep his feelings for Annabeth were. I smiled thinking about their relationship. 

"Now, if you don't like her, then you can say no. But, if you do like her, then, you should happily accept someone like Annabeth to be in your life," I told him firmly. 

"So, do you really think that I could be with her?" Percy asked with glimmering hope. 

"Annabeth thinks you can, so how do you feel?" I asked with confidence. I genuinely believed that I managed to open Percy's eyes (figuratively).  

"I want to be with Wise Girl, and I don't want to stupidly wait any longer either," Percy said as loving emotions brewed in his eyes and on his face. 

Percy was a strong and inspirational young man. He deserved the best in life, and he deserved everything that he wanted. 

"Then, you should go for it, Percy," I said with a joyous smile. 

***

Annabeth POV

I was actually very happy that school started again. It brought me more time outside of my house during my senior year, and I got to spend more time with my friends.

Plus, it was a good distraction from the whole Percy situation. 

"Ugh, why do we need to go to school?" Piper asked with a groan. 

"We need an education, Piper," I said with a smile. 

"Annabeth, this is our senior year. To be frank, I'm not even learning anything this year," Piper said ecstatically. 

"What are you girls talking about Frank for?" Hazel asked as she walked up. 

Piper and I both laughed. All she heard was the word 'frank', and it caught her attention. 

"We weren't talking about Frank. Piper said 'to be frank' in the middle of our conversation," I explained. 

Hazel visibly relaxed. "Okay, good." 

We talked for a few minutes before the bell rang, and we had to go our separate ways. I was interested in school, but I was more interested in college. 

I was already accepted to a college that was a little over 30 minutes away from here. It was a very prestigious and private university. I didn't have the financial means to go anywhere I wanted. However, I didn't want to leave my friends anyway, who were all staying in the local area. 

I was happy with going to a prestigious university for architecture while staying close to my friends. What more could I want?

The day ended quickly. 

Surprisingly, Percy didn't talk to me at school today. 

I honestly thought that he'd figure things out and make up. I had strong feelings for Percy, and I wanted to be in a relationship. However, I didn't want to lose him over it. 

Thalia and I were walking towards my car when Jason called out for us. 

Jason was in his football uniform as he ran over. 

"Jason, shouldn't you be in practice?" Thalia asked her brother. 

"Yeah, Thals, I'm already running late. But first, I have to tell Annabeth something. Percy asked if you could possibly come to the pool," Jason said hurriedly. 

"What? Percy wants to talk to me at the pool?" I asked. 

"Yeah, he says he wants to talk to you. It seemed important," Jason said. 

I nodded before Jason started running back towards the football field. He must've actually been late. I turned towards Thalia who nodded at me with a reassuring smile. 

I smiled in anticipation as I walked back towards Goode High's swimming pool. 

***

Percy POV

We didn't have swim practice today. Coach Hedge had to go home early for his wife's check-up, so he called practice off. 

However, the water always comforted me, which was why I was swimming alone today. When I was alone, I practiced the flip turns by turning on the hose at the ends of the pools. 

Basically, the water from the hose would hit my back when I made it to the end of the lane. 

Coach Hedge set this system up so that I wouldn't have to rely on anyone during swim meets at home and during practices. 

It was a good system. But, I still had to trust my teammates because not every school had this facility. Of course, the upper-level competitions did have this facility, so I wouldn't have to worry about accommodating my blindness at Regionals next month. 

The water sprayed my back, and I immediately flipped. My legs pushed off the wall, and I glided through the water. 

I was trying to calm myself down before having a conversation with Annabeth. 

"Percy, Percy," a voice called out loudly. 

I slowed my pace and eventually reached the shallow end of the lane. I could hear her footsteps getting closer. 

Annabeth was here already. 

"Seaweed Brain, you wanted to talk," Annabeth said firmly. 

"Yeah," I said as I pulled out of the pool. 

My hands fumbled against the ground until I found my walking stick. Annabeth and I walked towards the stands. We were completely alone in the large pool room. 

As I sat down, I didn't know where or how to start.

"Well, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth acknowledged softly. 

"I wanna kiss you," I blurted out without thinking. Gosh, I was stupid. I could feel my face heating up with nervousness and embarrassment. 

"What?!" she exclaimed in a surprised tone. 

"Err, no, Annabeth. I didn't mean that. I mean I do want to kiss you, but-" 

I faltered off. Gods, I was usually smooth with girls, but right now, I was ashamed of my own skills. I sighed as I turned towards the pool rather than at the amazing girl sitting next to me. 

I couldn't see her, so I guess it didn't matter which way I faced. Right? 

However, Chiron taught me that I should always face in the direction that I was talking. I turned back towards her. 

"Percy, do you want to be with me?" Annabeth asked. 

"Yes, absolutely. That's what I'm trying to say," I exclaimed with relief that she understood me.  

But again, Annabeth was always able to understand me, and I loved her for it. I was nervous about her answer, especially because of how much I put her through. 

Suddenly, I felt her lips press against my cheek. 

An instinctual smile lit up my face as I turned towards her. 

"Wise Girl," I whispered softly. 

"You said you wanted to a kiss, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth said. I could hear the smile on her face (figuratively speaking). 

I nodded with a happy smile. 

My heart was racing as my mind felt light, and we hadn't even really kissed yet. 

"You're gonna have to make the move now, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth said chuckling. 

My hand reached up and went towards where I presumed was her cheek. My fingers grazed the softness of her skin as my thumb rubbed against her cheekbone. 

My lips met hers a few seconds later. 

And, she kissed me back. 

I can't really describe the significance and the amazingness of the kiss. All I can say is that I hope everyone experiences a moment like this at least once in their lives. 

It was the moment that I knew that Annabeth was the one. 

Our kiss deepened after I realized this, and the distance between us closed even more. She smiled against my lips as she kissed back. 

I knew that I'd be happy as long as I had her with me. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you all are enjoying this story. I hope that you guys love this chapter as much as I did. Definitely, one of my most favorite chapters that I have written. 

Thanks, everyone for all the love you guys are giving all of my stories.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE: READ + VOTE + SHARE + COMMENT + FOLLOW

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 133 12
*Warning!* This book includes sensitive topics including: suicidal topics, depression, bullying, and alcohol abuse, if you are not comfortable with t...
62.9K 2.2K 31
•CHARACTERS ARE NOT MINE! •Cover art by @/hatironpa on Twitter •Edited by yours truly. •Katsudeku •Villain Deku •Izuku turns into a villain after Al...
MIRACLE By Ara

Teen Fiction

318K 11.7K 45
"My mother named me Miracle, but I am anything but a miracle in her and our family's life. I am a mistake. I am a product of a heinous crime." Miracl...
165K 4.1K 13
I have just finished reading Pride and Prejudice for the 100th time, and I really wanted to see how Elizabeth and Darcy handle their married life, s...