Re:Regulus Restarting From Ze...

By filip1500

God, a supreme being that shouldn't be questioned, a being that surpasses any other being. At this point in t... More

Meeting with God
Back to Zero With My Worst Enemy
Loot House
Memories
A Calm Start
Witchcultist!
Before the Attack
The Defeat of the Mabeasts
Problematic
Royal Election
Royal Election Part 2
Regulus Corneas Vs Julius Juukulius
After the Duel
Agreement
Rematch
The Smallest of Smiles
Annoying Surprise

Mabeast Invasion

3.2K 125 24
By filip1500

Both Ram and Regulus were glaring at eachother, the atmosphere was so tense that you could cut it with a knife.

Regulus: Mind telling me why you decided to bother me at this hour? I'm trying to read my book but you decide to bother me while i'm reading my book?

Ram: If you ask me "guest-sama" there's something far more important going on than you reading a book.

Regulus: Hah? You've just implied that there's something more important going on than ME?! There's nothing more important than me! I Regulus Corneas simply wants to-

Ram: I'll get to the point. You won't help Barasu against the mabeast?

Regulus: And now you interupt me? You know, the fact that i'm not even suprised at this point shows how much of a terrible human being you are.

Ram: Just answer the question, I don't have all day "Guest-sama"

Regulus: Tch. Who are you to demand something like that from me? Normally, I wouldn't answer a question from you since you've been disrespecting me for so long. But since I want you to go away already, i'll be kind and answer your question. And to answer your question, no.

Ram looked away for a second, she seemed to be thinking about something.

Ram: Isn't Barasu your friend? Just wondering.

Regulus: Honestly, you're unbearable. You've done so much to disrespect my rights, and now you assume what my relationship status is with that idiot? At this point I might as well make a list of how many times you've disrespected me or violated my rights.

Ram: So, you wouldn't mind if he died?

Regulus: How is it my problem if he got himself killed? If he decides to throw his life away to save a bunch of random  villagers, then that's his problem, not mine.

Ram: *sigh* I knew it. Not sure why I bothered even asking for confirmation.

Regulus: What do you mean by that? If you don't tell me then I don't know what-

Ram: Don't worry about it. Just so you know "Guest-sama" I doubt that you'll be able to stay here for long if Barasu dies. Since for whatever reason Roswaal-sama is far more interested in him then you. I'll be making my leave now.

Regulus: Hah? Wait what do you mean-

But Ram already left, leaving Regulus to ponder over Ram's words as he simply closed the door with a childish annoyed look on his face.

*meanwhile*

Nothing was going as Subaru wanted, originally he wanted Regulus to wipe out all the Mabeasts while he captured Meili while she was pretending to have fallen unconcious.

But of course like always, something went wrong. Regulus just denied Subaru's demand to help him with saving the village like there weren't any lives in danger.

Looking back on it, Subaru should have expected something like this from Regulus. But Subaru had the false idea that due to the contract, Regulus would help him with any treat that arises, but he was wrong.

So now, everything is playing out like it did normally, Subaru never had a chance to capture Meili, since he had to deal with the Mabeasts with Rem.

It was almost funny how similarly the events have. He almost wanted to laugh when he pushed Rem out of the way when she was about to be assaulted by Mabeasts, since it was identical as to how it happened originally.

He was about to fall unconcious due to his injuries from the Mabeasts, with Rem coming to his aid. But the only thing he wished for is that Rem wouldn't try to fight against the entire forest of Mabeasts again, but he knew that she would do it anyways.

With that Subaru fell unconcious, pretty much repeating everything as it was before.

*later*

Subaru woke up in the morning in the village, with Emilia sleeping on a chair to his right due to her healing him, which caused her to exhaust herself.

Subaru's interaction with Puck went pretty much the same, but he couldn't shake the bad feeling about Rem in his mind so he tried to speed things up.

When he went outside, he expected to see Ram. But the first person he saw was....Regulus?

Subaru:.....What are you doing here?

There was clear venom in Subaru's voice. He was clearly still pissed about Regulus not helping with the attack.

Regulus: Do you think it's fine to order me to tell you why i'm here? Do you think you're better than me to demand something like that or something?

Subaru:....Actually, yea! I do think i'm better than you. You didn't do anything while I saved the kids here.

Regulus looked baffled, he wasn't expecting that answer from Subaru.

Regulus's suprise quickly turned into anger as he grabbed Subaru by the collar.

Regulus: Hah?! What makes you think that you're better than me? You think that just because you saved some kids, that you're suddenly somekind of "hero" that's better than me?! Saying something like that makes you unbelievebly selfish, doesn't it?!

Subaru: Atleast I didn't want to let any one die-

Ram: Could both of you just shut up? I think i'm starting to develop somekind of ear sickness from hearing your voices.

Regulus looked at Ram with clear hatred and disgust at Ram, which wasn't anything new. But Subaru now remembered that there was something more important going on.

Subaru: Oh, right! I need to ask Beako something.

Subaru quickly ran off, leaving Regulus and Ram to argue between themselfs.

After a few seconds, he managed to find Beatrice.

Subaru: Hey! Beako!

Beatrice clearly had a displeased look on her face, but only for a second as her face then returned to her "normal" look.

Subaru: I heard that you helped dispel the curse from the kids, thanks!

Beatrice: No big deal, I suppose. Betty only helped at Bubby's request. But we have more important matters to discuss.

Subaru: And that is?

Beatrice: You will die in half a day, I suppose.

Subaru had no visible reaction on his face, actually he looked like he expected this! (Which he did)

Beatrice: You're not even scared, I suppose?

Subaru: Let me guess. Due to the fact that more than one Mabeast bit me, I got multiple curses that can't be easily dispelled?

Beatrice seemed quite suprised, but she once again regained her composure.

Beatrice: That is correct, I suppose......You really aren't afraid? I'm giving you a countdown to the end of your life, you know?

Subaru: I doubt you came just to tell me that i'm going to die, right? You're not that mean.

Beatrice: It seems that you have the impression that you know me, I suppose.

Subaru: To be honest, to me it feels like i've known you for more than a year.

Beatrice: You make no sense! But I suppose that the fact of the matter is that your current chances of survival are minimal.

Subaru: Right. Would the curse wear off if I killed the Mabeasts that bit me?

Beatrice: That's correct, I suppose.

Subaru: *sigh* This is really difficult....Wait....where's Rem?

Subaru already knew where Rem was, but it's not like he could tell them that.

Beatrice: What would you do, if you were in her position, I suppose?

Ram: I can't ignore what you just said just now.

Subaru: Oh, Ra- And you?!

Regulus stood behind Ram, with an half interested look on his face at what Beatrice said.

Ram: Beatrice-sama, Rem didn't go into the forest alone, didn't she?

Beatrice simply nodded as Ram quickly started to make her way into the forest.

But Subaru grabbed her wrist.

Subaru: Hey, hold on!

Ram: Let go of me, Barasu! I'm not calm enough to be kind right now!

Subaru: I'm coming with you.

Ram: You're coming with me?

Subaru: Yea, but i'm bound to drag you down in a fight though.

Ram: If you expect me to fight as well as Rem then you're sadly mistaken.

Subaru:.....You're hornless, aren't you?

Ram:....You're strangely perceptive, aren't you?

Beatrice: Going to save the younger sister is akin to giving up your own life.

Before Subaru could give his "life is precious" speech again. Someone spoke first.

Regulus: I figured I should mention this.

Subaru: What? We don't have much time, so I don't have time to stay here for long.

Regulus: I'm coming with you, and i'll ignore the fact you insulted me. Since i'm so generous and kind.

Subaru: Look just shu- Huh? What?

Regulus: I don't have to repeat myself, right? You should listen when someone is speaking to you, you know? After all, it's incredibly disrespectful to not listen to others when their speaking.

Subaru:...Why now?

Regulus: Don't demand something like that from m-

Subaru: There's no time for this! Just answer the question!!

Regulus:...Tch, it would be a problem for me if the blue haired maid died, because then I would have to deal with this pink haired women.

Ram: I already have Barasu, I don't need another burden on my back.

Subaru:...Wait, Ram.

Ram: What now?

Subaru: Like him or not....His combat ability is no joke.

At hearing this, Regulus gained a small smirk on his face.

Regulus: Well, atleast you're able to recognize my incredible strenght with that small idiotic brain of yours.

Subaru: Yea, yea. Let's go now!

*later*

After a while of running through the forest, they had to stop due to Subaru needing to catch his breath.

Ram: When I said you were pretty much baggage back then, I wasn't wrong.

Subaru: I'm still recovering you know? I'm low on blood....Also, why are you complaining again?

Regulus: Why do we need to run? It's such a pain having to run intead of just calmly walking like any normal human being.

Subaru: You literly don't need to worry about losing stamina, why is it such a problem for you!? We have to hurry up, you know?!

Ram: He's not the one currently holding us up now is he?

Regulus: As much as I hate to admit it, i'll have to agree with her on that.

Subaru looked into his pocket with a smile on his face as he remembers the kids.

Ram: I don't see what they see in someone like you.

Subaru: In a child's pure eyes, my true, manly nature shines through! Also, i'm not the only one they like, right?

Ram: I suppose so.

Subaru: Although they certainly don't like one of us here.

Regulus: Children simply can't comprehend the pure perfection that is me, Regulus Corneas. Although those parents should have taught them some manners on how to properly speak with people.

Ram rolled her eyes as she activated clairvoyance, and she seemed to notice something.

Ram: Barasu, something is watching us right now.

Subaru: What?

Ram: Up there.

Ram pointed above them, and as soon as Subaru looked there a Mabeast jumped at them, but Ram cut his head of with her magic.

Subaru: (Just like previously, huh...)

Ram: Don't relax, more are coming.

Subaru: R-Right.

Ram: Anyway, why is it that everything under the sun loses it's head when it's near you?

Subaru: That's just rude.

Ram: Then, prehaps it's because you seem like a wimp.

Subaru: That's doesn't change the root of what you're saying, big sis!

Then, a silence fell on the group. Originaly, Subaru would have asked about Ram being hornless, but he knew about that already.

Subaru: Hey, Regulus-senpai?

Regulus: What?

Subaru: You came here to help, right? Then why is Ram doing all the work here?

Regulus: If she can kill the Mabeasts herself, then there's no need for me to intervene, right?

Ram suddenly stopped walking, which prompted the other two to stop as wel.

Subaru: Ram?

Ram: Wait, "Senpai"?

Subaru: (Oh no.)

Regulus: Yes? What about it? Do you have a problem with this idiot using a honorific on me? I do believe that it's none if your buisness what he calls me, right?

Ram then started walking again, but not before giving Subaru a sneaky little smirk.

After a few more seconds of walking, Subaru remembered something.

Subaru: Oh, right.

Ram: What?

Subaru: I know how to find Rem.

Ram: How would you know?

Subaru: Ram, I can return by dea-

Once again, time froze for Subaru as the witch put her hand on his heart.

The birds that were surrounding them flew off as he clenched his heart hardly.

Ram: What was that?

Subaru: I made a wager that came with a bit of pain.

Regulus: That doesn't explain much, how about you just explain to us why you suddenly grabbed your chest like that for no apparant reason.

Ram: What did you do, Barasu?! I smell a lot of beasts growing nearer. Alot of them, and we haven't found Rem yet!

Subaru: Don't worry, Rem is trying to kill the Mabeasts, right? So if the Mabeasts come to us, then Rem should as well.

Subaru: Alright, Regulus-senpai. I'm going to have to rely on you to fight off the Mabeasts.

Regulus: What am I? Your subortinate? Your slave? Who are you to demand something like that from me?

Subaru: Like it or not, you were gonna have to fight anyway eventually!

Regulus:...Tch. What did I drag myself into? When I was supposed to just relax, this problem just had to occur.

As Regulus said that, a bunch of Mabeast surrounded them. Normally, this situation would be quite grim, but this time Subaru has a annoying ace up his sleeve.

Regulus Corneas.

Almost 2300 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

370 17 19
Intro 1: Thirteen years ago Remus was turned into a werewolf by Fenrir Greyback. Remus didn't just lose himself that night he lost his sister Mor. He...
1.8K 64 15
Y/n Moves to a New Town leaving his... Past But it comes back again can he save himself from fate again? Tw: Self Harm Abuse Violence Strong words et...
1K 53 4
Due to a request made by a friend?... Relative? (By technicality) Zero decided to take a dive into World-4619 of Set 4. The world of Re: Zero. Howeve...
9.1K 376 17
Being drowned in the water city of Priestella, Regulus' fate is sealed to die in that bottomless pit he found himself in. But after he died, he seeme...